MMO Interactive FAQ

General discussion about Life is Feudal MMO and Life is Feudal: Your Own, The main section and backbone of the forums.

Mortimer

Re: Interactive FAQ

Post by Mortimer » 30 Oct 2013, 06:34

Hey there, a few more questions before I'm off to work:

241. I realize the combat mechanics are ment to be like m&b. In comparison to m&b though, how fast paced do you intend the combat to be?
Maybe a bit slower to give more chances in massive battles and for those with high ping rates

242. Will you feature the possibility of holding onto a swing indefinitely or when you attempt an attack it's instantly going out?
Of course there is already such a "feature" :)

243. Will there be a possibility of feints? (as in attack, block to cancel attack animation and attack again to confuse your opponent)
Yes, but keep in mind, that there is no directional block/parry in our game, so such tactics won't be that fruitful as in M&B

244. How strong will the shields be, and will it be a normal thing for them to break into scrap often, faster of course if the opponent has an axe type weapon ( even faster I'd imagine if it's a 2h )
Yes, shields will be more vulnerable to axe-type of weapons and more resistant to piercing types of attacks (like arrows, bolts or spears)

245. You mention kiting a lot. Being a darkfall vet myself I'm wondering how do you plan on putting that in with a soft and hard stamina cap, since kiting as an archer requires lots of jumping and there is no real way to recover hard stamina during combat it seems.
Try to think outside of Darkfall quake-like combat ;) Kiting is keeping distance from a chasing enemy - it should not involve jumping at all and it will not be possible to jump+shoot. Archers will be interested in wearing lighter armor and less heavy weapons, that would give them speed advantage.

246. Will heavier armor slow players down or just be a much bigger stamina eater?
It will. Weight of all equipped armor pieces + weight of weapons equipped in your quickslots (2 on the back and 2 on the belt) will result in a total equipped weight, which will directly affect your speed.

The reason I'm asking these questions is that well if a character will be slower with heavy armor that leaves only 2 viable scenarios for such a character to be fighting - either defending your holding, where the enemy have to go in (during a siege or a battle) or mounted.

The problem with that would be if such a player is dismounted he's basically dead because he can be kited to death, even easier since his enemies have the movement speed advantage.
And you want that heavy players could win everytime in every situation? ;) Anyway, there will be some "shout" powers that will be available to 2Handed Heavy armored types of troops

Darkfall had encumberance to combat heavy armored men slaughtering everything and anything. But I did like that it did not slow players down, hope it will not do that here aswell.

Mortimer

Post by Mortimer » 30 Oct 2013, 10:43

247. Considering all the info gained up until now including single target hits, no directional swings (=no way to outskill your opponent) no in-combat ways to regenerate, armor affecting movement speed and no lockpicking, thievery - How on earth do you imagine a small group of players let's say 10 can face a bigger group of let's say 20?
that questions are growing into discussion, rather than simple question/answer. I am not against it, but would like to keep it away from that thread. So make a new post in Genereal forums and we can talk about it.
As about your question: there will be directional swings. Dunno what made you think that there will be none :pardon: Also you miss a whole unit and formation system, that will bring more organized unit of 10 ppl atop of disorganized 20 ppl group. Also, there will be some AoE abilities (like Volley on archers, piercing shot on xbows and naphtha grenades to control choke points. Also it is free building and terraforming you know, so those 10 ppl can fortify their positions with pikes placed into ground or maybe even palisade walls. And we will adopt our game rules if we will see that current measures are not enough. BUT before starting a whine on the forums about being outzerged and got nothing to do with that, make sure that your team REALLY had enough teamplay skills and it did everything to use their advantages to compensate disadvantage in numbers. ;)

Because at it stands I'm dissapointed with your zerg or die approach leaving smaller groups to be pushovers for kingdoms.

It does really feel like the m&b like combat you're promoting has next to nothing to do with it and at most it's a marketing move.

If you are plainly faster then your opponent that's not something I'd call kiting. Kiting for me is when two players have the same walking speed but the kiting player manages to stay out of meele range and continually deals ranged damage to his opponent.

I just don't see any metagame in your combat system in place, no flavouring and not much skill required. Add to that no way to combat zergs and that's a wrap really. Seems like this game plainly isn't for me and my dfo vets.

Virdill
Alpha Tester

Post by Virdill » 30 Oct 2013, 12:17

I was wondering if there will be a climate system in LiF? Our PG will suffer the cold / hot?

What engine do you use?

Questions was discussed before, please use forum search

With a little of time found the answer :D :
"70) Thought about that. If we have any spare time for that - we will make it. "
Sorry for my bad English

T741

Post by T741 » 01 Nov 2013, 04:50

248. I don't understand how tunnel decay is this going to affect you if you are living underground. Will you be burried alive or you will get stuck because the surrounding tunnels will decay?
Decay will occur during server maintenance and if your previous log in point becomes burried - you will respawn at your bind point alive and intact. If it will happen that way, that your position will not be blocked by rock mass, but neighboring tunnels will be destroyed by decay, then you will have to dig out or simply recall home to your bind point.

P.S. Next time you make questions numbering yourself or we will just remove them ;)

Mortimer

Post by Mortimer » 01 Nov 2013, 09:40

249.There's a recall? What creates a bind spot?
Yes, there will be a prayer that will act much like a recall in other games. Different residential structures (houses) have a certain amount of bind spots, that depend mostly on the size of that house. So building a house and binding to it will create your new respawn/recall point.

250. Will it be possible, with enough sand/dirt to form an island?
Yes, but you can not perform any actions while on float, so you will need to create some kind of foreland and then keep pouring sand at it's end, which will result in an island.

251. What can we expect from ships other then a form of transport?
Naval combat, large bulks of goods transport. But ships are in some of our stretch goals ATM

252. Will you be able to fight in the water? If yes, with what?
No you can't

253. If you build a mine entrance close to the water level and you dig down, what will happen? Will you dig to water and that's it or is it possible to have ''underwater"tunnels?
As soon as you will start floating insde your tunnel you won't be able to do anything, so you won't be able to continue your digging in that direction

254. If yes, what would happen if your enemies would then connect a water source to that?
Huh? There is no fluid dynamics in our game. All water is on the same level all around the world. Neither there is thirst system, so cutting off from water sources won't change anything.

255. Is it possible to pump water out? No.

256. Are there mine doors?
Not yet

257. Can I reinforce cave walls so that a new tunnel can't be ppened there, ultimately changing my cave into an underground stronghold?
Nope, at least not now. But you will have to reinforce your walls with timber, to avoid caveins due to decay.

Virdill
Alpha Tester

Post by Virdill » 01 Nov 2013, 09:44

249. Will be technically possible to live in a tunnel? Furnishing it and entering a door at the entrance?You won't be able to place a house there, though you won't have a bind point there and won't be able to recall there directly. But still you will be able to place some small objects, furniture and some crafting devices inside.
Sorry for my bad English

En_Dotter

Post by En_Dotter » 01 Nov 2013, 13:59

Hello all! I recently made an account here and im quite happy to see this game being developed. Now for my question.
I tried to search the organized FAQ and i couldnt find my answer:
250 )I saw there would be 3 damage types (blunt, pierce, cut), but will one damage type be bound to a single attack or will it be mixed? For example, lets say im swinging a large weapon like great long bardiche. Will it only deal cut damage (it has a cutting edge) or will it deal mix of cut and blunt since its quite heavy weapon? Will morning stars deal portions of blunt and pierce due to their spikes and a large piece of metal ball at the end of it? Will great swords also deal partially blunt and partially cut?
No, we do not have mixed damage types ATM. One directional attack will deal only one type of damage. that means if you will shop with your longaxe - that will result in a slashing damage. And if you gonna thrust with it - then you gonna deal a minor blunt damage.

If this question has already been asked i am sorry for repeating it. I simply couldnt find the same/similar question.

Davidaf
Beta Tester

Post by Davidaf » 03 Nov 2013, 11:47

After looking at the whole organized FAQ i couldn't find an answer to this.

251. Since the game is fullloot oriented, and when you die your corpse is there with all your stuff; What happens if you die by a non-player mean, that is, what if a bear kills you? Are you able to respawn and go back to pick your stuff from your old dead body? Can you loot yourself?
Of course you can! Unless some other player will be there first and he won't mind to loose some of his alignment from looting.

Kuroi
Alpha Tester

Post by Kuroi » 03 Nov 2013, 22:55

252. Since IN and AROUND Starter city you won't be able to pvp, how will you prevent people from fleeing into those "safe zones" when dying?
We can not prevent that and we won't do that. If you want to gank someone - do that really fast or further from the Central City zone.

253. Are you planning any form of thievery or you just don't want it? What about a Lockpicking skill at least for hidden chests and so on?
It was asked many times. In our current situation i'd rather say "No" to such additional and ambiguous functionality.

254. How will Recall work? Tbh I don't like these forms of teleportation especially to get into your house... Sneaking behind someone opening his house's door is still a sandbox element, don't you think? And it may be too easy to save yourself when in trouble.
It won't be easy to save yourself at all, because recall will take some time to cast, will be interrupted with damage and can fail randomly (depending on your "Piety" skill). Sneaking into house will still be possible, if player is living near house and don't want to waste time to make a few steps into his house.

Gerugon
Alpha Tester

Post by Gerugon » 04 Nov 2013, 17:06

255. Do the bonus Alpha Access Keys on the Kickstarter stack ? If i were to buy the 400€ Perk do i get my key + 5 for friends or do i get the 6keys from 400€ Perk + 4 from the 350€ Perk + 3 from the 300€ Perk and so on.

The Site stated that ALL previous Bonus apply except the housing.
Bonuses from houses and included in alpha access doe not stuck. So in your case for a 400 you will receive 5+1 Alpha keys.
German Let's Player and Mayor of Zwergenbucht: https://www.youtube.com/user/Gerugon

Gerugon
Alpha Tester

Post by Gerugon » 05 Nov 2013, 21:55

256. Will the alphakeys you get to share with your friends in the bigger Perkbundles on the Indiegogopage turn into the full game after release ? Or will my friends only be able to check out the alpha and have to pay again for the beta / final game ?
Yes, these keys are permanent. Alpha access rewards include all following stages access (Beta and release).
I strongly suggest to ask campaign related questions on the campaign page itself. That will allow other campaign visitors to see those answers.
German Let's Player and Mayor of Zwergenbucht: https://www.youtube.com/user/Gerugon

Harybo

Post by Harybo » 06 Nov 2013, 05:18

257. With reference to the quote "And if they feel confident enough to leave safe newbie island and dive into the real medieval life on the main Continent, they will have to pay only once." that was posted on the Indiegogo campaign, will we only have to pay once to be able to access everything in the game?
Yes, only once. That is called B2P model.
258. Will there camels to ride on in the desert areas?
No
259. Will we be able to make our own factions that own land and have their own flags and colours?
Yes. Not sure when we will be able to implement heraldry tabards and capes, but at least they are planned.
260. Will there be an in-game auction/marketplace similar to the "Grand Exchange" in Runscape and other games where players can put their items up for sale and recieve offers?
Yes. Players will be able to build a trading post, that will act as a access point to the global market, where players will be able to sell and buy stuff. But you will ahve to move goods and gold manually between those posts. Items won't teleport toward you.
261. Will players be able to open stores or businesses where they can earn money from selling items?
No. We plan only trading posts currently. But if you will build your own trading post, will provide it with cheap goods and a safe protection from raiders - that might be you successful business model :)
262. How much land will one person be able to claim?/ What will be done to prevent few people owning all land and to ensure that everyone gets some land for themselves?
Personal claims will be limited (about around 500 sq. meters, but it is not final yet) and there will be only one claim possible. Guild claims will "fight" for territory. It is hard to explain, closest conception is like borders or cultural borders in Civilization series.

Dailato
Alpha Tester

Post by Dailato » 08 Nov 2013, 13:45

263. It was mentioned earlier that you didn't have any ideas yet on what the Pope's powers would be, or he would even be out on release. Any changes in this since then?
according to our current situation there will be no Pope in the nearest future.

264. How do you increase your piety? Is it based on following the word of "god" or more that the church likes you?
That is just a name of skill it is not a parameter. We do understand that it might sound wrong, but it is still so. And as other skills, you will be able to increase it by performing that skill's abilities. In case of "Piety" skill it is different prayers and blessings. Like "Prayer of safe home return" (recall) or blessing ability of higher level "Piety" players that will allow to avoid skill loss during battles and so on.

265. Is piety tied in any way to your alignment?
Nope it is not.

266. Does a guild/nation have some kind of combined piety based on it's members/leaders? Perhaps in a way that effects relations with the church/pope?
Nope, not in a current state of development.

267. How limited/unlimited will the "modular" part of building be? E.G. can I make a massive building with lots of rooms for all my guildies by combining alot of modules?
Right now there are only fences and fortifications that are modular. Simple houses and buildings are premodelled. We had fully modular building system in our stretch goals, but seems there will be no in nearest future.

268. On a related note, can you add multiple stories to a building using modular housing? And once more, how limited is this? (Only based on materials used or is there some other limit as well?)
Please, read previous answer.

269. What are the benefits to owning a house? There is storage but just how safe is it? Do you gain any benefits from having a bed in your house? (and/or logging of inside your house)
It provides you with a certain amount of slots, that can be used to place beds there. Each bed in its turn provide with one binding slot, so you and your friends and guildmates can bind to that house and recall there or respawn there if they die. Houses can also be furnished with chests, wardrobes etc. to act as storage.

270. How specific can you set allowances to property? Could you potentially rent out your house? Could you make a giant house with lots of rooms and rent out "appartments"?
No giant houses as stated in previous answers. There is no plan to make any game mechanics that will allow you to give your house for rent.

271. Do guilds get any benefits besides their land-claims being bigger and not auto-negated by other guilds/nations? Will there be a global guild-chat?
Larger guild claims means a lot more of room for their members to place their own personal claims that will be protected by that guild. I think we can arrange a global guild chat.

272. Is there a global chat in general? E.G. a "trade" chat or the like?
Will be.

273. If yes, do you have any plans on how to prevent it becoming the next Barrens chat? (e.g. so full of trolls and nonsense that it can't even be read, let alone used for it's intended purpose)
Nope, no plans. Might just implement timeout between messages.

274. Guild emblems/heraldry can be added to shields and such. If I remember correctly there is even a skill for this. Will you have to make the emblem in-game, or can you upload your own, custom imagery?
Heraldry was planned, but now it seems we will have to push it further away. But anyway, we will not allow to upload random pictures as heraldry - we will just do our best to present a good and complex heraldry generator.

275. Are certain things (like construction projects) only possible by a guild, or can you (asuming you had the resources for it) do everything you can do/build by yourself?
You can do anything by yourself, if you have resources and time.

276. There was mention of "Natural hiding" only somewhere, no stealth or such. However, with the UI telling everyone where/who you are from miles away (floating text and/or hp bars above that bush), will stealth even be possible? Will there be a stealth skill to hide these UI elements from being seen by other people?
"However, with the UI telling everyone where/who you are from miles away (floating text and/or hp bars above that bush), will stealth even be possible?" I don't know where you've taken that from. To see other players stats and name and title and so on, you will have to target him. If you don't - you will see only his model, unless it is covered by bush, terrain slopes or other obstacles. There will be no such artificial stealth skills.

277. I also read you could climb trees. Does this mean if you have a higher climb skill than who you are attacking (with bow and arrow for example) and they don't have a ranged weapon, you are essentially immortal? Can you even shoot from within a tree? Can the tree be cut down with you in it? How will this interact with bears/wolves trying to kill you?
Climbing will be quite slow and will be interrupted by any damage. So using that as an escape route won't help much. And if you've prepared before hand - your victim can just run away and you will be forced to get down to chase him. But we will probably do not implement climbing until later stages of development.

278. Speaking of bears/wolves, you mentioned you can tame "most" animals, but they will be converted to domestic animals. Does this mean you can't tame bear/wolf? And you can't have a dog or such?
Nope, you can not tame wolf, bear, deer. The rest of wild animals will be converted into domesticated ones. Right now we won't have pets in their classic meaning (like dog that will follow you and attack your targets)

279. You also mention stabling animals before daily server restart. Does this go for horses as well? e.g. I logged off with my horse somewhere on a long journey, but now I log back in my horse ran away?
Yes. Stable or pack it before server restart.

Dailato
Alpha Tester

Post by Dailato » 08 Nov 2013, 16:43

280. When you say "pack your horse" what do you mean? Stuff it in your backpack?
Yes. It does not sound realistic enough, but that is a good feature and was used in many previous MMOs

Kuroi
Alpha Tester

Post by Kuroi » 08 Nov 2013, 17:34

281. So we'll be able to get a "miniature" of our horse to put in the backpack? Like in Darkfall? Isn't it a bit surreal for a realistic medieval world? Can't we just logout while on it when server restarts?
It is not only about log out, but about dismounting in general and saving your horse with you to mount later. UO and DF used that system and many other games too, we don't see anything bad in it. It is quite easy for players.

Kuroi
Alpha Tester

Post by Kuroi » 08 Nov 2013, 20:36

282. (related to 281) Do you have to use something to "shrink" your mount?
DF just had a mechanic about it, on UO you needed a shrink potion made with alchemy, even tho it sounds really unrealistic and not in line with LiF concenpt it would be ok if you need a potion to do that.
You're right that many games used that mechanics but we're talking about a realistic setting here, MO in example doesn't let you shrink your mount and it's one of the things that people like.
As i have stated earlyer - our setting is realistic, but not 100%. If it will be comfortable for players to use fast pack/unpack - why not implement it? House recalls, alchemy potions and so on will be possible. We do not try to pursue 100% realism, because it is not possible in a game where you can respawn :) And no, there will be no permadeath ;)

Arrakis

Post by Arrakis » 10 Nov 2013, 18:57

283. I do not know if that topic was moved, but will there be implemented something like bonfire? Just normal bonfire to make out of wood? And if yes, will have any use for like cooking food or something? Or just for decoration?
Yes, campfire. And yes, it can be used as a source of light and as a source of heat for cooking.
284. Will there be sources of light? Like torches etc? And if yes then will there be a way to stick there torches somewhere, like on the walls or fence and not only carry them around? And will they burn out naturally? It would be nice if they had some lifespan.
There will be torches, but you can't stick them. Only to hold in your hands. But there also will be bonfires, floor lamps and lamp posts that you can build and place freely inside your camp.

285. This one was asked about, but did you make your mind about making usable chairs? It would be nice to just sit with people in the house or tavern and talk.
Of course it would be nice, but no.

286. Are there going to be sitting animations and some emotes? Like laughing, clapping hands etc like in other mmo's?
Only functional ones. Like resting, taunts and different show offs with your weapon.

287. Will furniture elements like beds, wardrobes etc be movable? Or will player be forced to remove them and place them again?
Yes, they are movable.

Strafer

Post by Strafer » 11 Nov 2013, 10:13

To see other players stats and name and title and so on, you will have to target him. If you don't - you will see only his model, unless it is covered by bush, terrain slopes or other obstacles.
288. Does client have info about covered players?
Yes.

289. Does game have limitation of view range in point of other players? In other words, if other player isn't covered by anything - client knows about him?
Yes. I see where are you going. But that is not a FPS shooter, neither it is WoT. With all of our terraforming, free building and AI that should not stuck in dynamically shaping world we can not afford to check LoS (Line of sight) on servers. Even most of FPS games does not do that.

290. More common question on that subject, by your leave: how client tiny or fatty is?
I'm worry about cheaters.
if i got you right, we can call it more tiny. Our server is authoritative and check mostly everything that he can check, so there should be no teleportations, speedhacks or instantly performed abilities etc. As about client side cheats, like transparent textures, oversized models, highlights and such - we will just detect them and that is another reason why we had gone for b2p model. Cheaters should think twice is it worth to risk his payment just to see someone behind the wall. Considering that we do not bet on some "stealthiness" like some players dream about, like hiding in bushes and in grass, those measures should be enough.

Arrakis

Post by Arrakis » 13 Nov 2013, 16:15

291.Will you implement recycling for materials like iron, other metals, wood etc? I mean picking up broken items like swords, spears etc and recreating new items from their parts by smelting metal back to ingots and making new tools from it.
Yes, recycle of metal containing tools, weapons and armors is already implemented.

Arrakis

Post by Arrakis » 17 Nov 2013, 23:44

292.Will there be some balance between archers and heavy armored melee units? I mean, will for example swordsman equipped with heaviest plate armor be impervious to arrows? Because logically it should work that way. Will combat mechanics will be build in the way to discourage overpowered hybrids of archers mixed with heavy armored melee?

If PvP system must succeed, there need to be good balance for all these combat skills to avoid hybrid creation, otherwise there wont be pure archers or pure melee.

There should be some specializations each for other type of enemy to balance the gameplay and force people to take different specialization to have a chance against opposing army.
Firstly, even heavy armored knight and archer is vulnerable to cavalry and can be outfenced by shield + 1hander. Other then that, 2H melee have 5th tier skill called "Battle cries" that will affect enemies at range and make them stumble while running or tremble while aiming (Fear). We have combat system balance designed and precalculated and it is wider then just archer vs melee or melee vs archer. But it is too early to talk about it, unless we see how it works out.

Flevalt

Post by Flevalt » 18 Nov 2013, 17:32

293. How likely are you to die in this game without hostile player interference? Like for example through digging a tunnel, fighting animals or starving to death?

Chances to die without player intervention are not that big. You can die to starvation, but it is slow and painfull process, you will pass out multiple times before your hardHP will be depleted and you will die. Also finding berries, edible roots is not that hard and will be enough to sustain you. Only predator animals (bears and wolves) deal lethal type of damage, the rest animals will just knock you out. So if you're careful you could easily avoid death here too. You can drown also, but that will be your own stupidity and do not blame Nature for that :)

294. Do I have to fear being killed by other players at any time even while offline?

No, you can not be killed while you are offline. You can not be killed in starting NPC city and in some area around it. And if you stay behind your personal or guild claim walls - you will be pretty safe too.

295. Do maintenance fees for claims only count for guild claims or also private claims?

For both.

296. As I saw increasingly high amounts of similarities to Haven & Hearth while reading through the FAQ:
Is this game the 3D version of Haven & Hearth? Or did you take Wurm/DFO/MO as your model of inspiration?

All of them + some more + our own ideas. I suggest you to read that page: http://lifeisfeudal.com/Life-is-Feudal-like

297. What is the highest Q? 700?

100 if you're talking about Quality. Skillcap is maxed at 600 + your Intelligence, so that can result into 700, but you will have no points in other attributes.

298. You said there'll be no grind. Yet the Q of everything you use will play a huge role, right? Doesn't that mean that I'll have to play at least once every day and maybe even half the day sometimes just so I can keep increasing the Q of my stuff? Like for example spam-harvesting crops once a day or however fast they grow. How can it be right to say then that there'll be no grind?

Because you think in a terms of some other game? :) You can not increase Q of some items, it is fixed as soon as it is done. Some farming might demand it, but again, you're not forced to do that. For instance, you can get few cows into barn and pack it full with food, so they will need no attendance for a day or two - that's not a grind. BUT if you want everything and now and MOOORRRE, then sorry, you will have to grind, and keep adding food every hour to a fully packed barn with dozens of cows.

That game principal is everywhere. You do not need to grind to get enough for a game to be playable. But if you're greedy and want more - feel free to grind as much as you like.

299. Will the game world reset at some point?

Probably between Alpha and Beta stages. But not more I hope.

Arrakis

Post by Arrakis » 25 Nov 2013, 20:54

300. We know that there will be material recycling from tools, weapons and armors, but will there be material recycling from building like houses etc? Will we receive back at least some of resources used in building after destroy it to for example build something else in that place or just relocate?
Probably not. But we will look into that functionality sometime later.

Captwolfram

Post by Captwolfram » 28 Nov 2013, 06:00

301 :D Will orders be able to bind to homes WITHIN another realm or kingdom? like can I have a mercenary order whose chapter house/base is WITHIN another realm/kingdoms city? Thank you.
That's a good question. I think we should make it possible.

Mighty_Chicken

Post by Mighty_Chicken » 04 Dec 2013, 20:10

302. With the instanced battles will your allies and vassals be able to join with you against your enemies or will you all have to fight seperate battles. Same question for sieges.
You enlist battle participants yourself. So you can include anyone to fight on your side (guildmates, vassal countries, mercenaries etc.) if they will accept that enlistment

Mighty_Chicken

Post by Mighty_Chicken » 10 Dec 2013, 00:01

303. Will we be able to have equipable or placeable flags and banners?
Maybe both. Can't say at current stage.

Captwolfram

Post by Captwolfram » 20 Dec 2013, 05:35

304. Hello. I come from Wurm Online and I feel the upkeep and settlement systems make bad cities because the cities end up as either highly inefficient towns with 5 players living on huge plots of land that they have to pay real money for or they become boring squares that just look ugly. Also the fact that they HAVE to be squares make the settlements just look the same. In the screen shots there are some pictures of a city and small camp. I really like how that looks much better than Wurm. How is the upkeep and shape calculated for settlements?

Guild claims will have a circle of protected land around guild monument. So you can build anything inside that circle and it will be protected. It still will be decided about upkeep costs, but we surely will make it impossible to hold large portions of land with a small team without much efforts.

Arrakis

Post by Arrakis » 23 Dec 2013, 18:05

305. Now I just thought of minecraft and mining and need to ask... Will there be ladders that can be built inside the mine? like inside the mountain to actually climb up to another level of that digged mine?

No, nothing like that. Make a spiral tunnels (like in our promo video) to ascend and descend in mines.

Virdill
Alpha Tester

Post by Virdill » 23 Jan 2014, 13:13

306. What is the purpose the walls if the enemy can dig a tunnel under my castle in a few minutes? Is there a way to defend against these actions?
Tunnels that were digged in a few seconds in our promo vid or on my stream was that fast only to speed things up. In real game such tunneling will demand much more efforts.
You can defend by fending enemies away from your castle vicinity or by blocking exit points with some unmovable objects.

307. Do you have something in mind to avoid having players wearing always a battle armor? To perform actions such as cultivation? (ruin slightly the immersion)
There is some clothes that provide bonuses to crafting skills. Like blacksmith garb that will provide some bonus to Forging skill. So, in theory, those who are busy with crafts and feel themself safe should be interested in wearing bonus clothes, rather then set of armor.
Sorry for my bad English

P0stpwned

Post by P0stpwned » 23 Jan 2014, 17:40

This might have been asked already but I haven't had time to go through this entire thread yet:

308. I'm assuming you need to level everything before building (a la games like Salem). So my question is, will this be a matter of going around 1 tile at a time flattening it out? If so, will there be some way to easily see elevation across a large space? Like will you be able to drag/select a large square of landscape and have different colours show up for different elevations?

Sort of a clumsy way of asking, but basically I just want to be able to level out an area relatively easily. It shouldn't be INSTANT or anything, but will there at least be a way to easily spot/fix areas in your base that aren't level with the rest?
While flattening an area you wont be able to see anything special, only terrain. But when you will be placing some building, terrain cells in the building area will be differently colored and contain icons, that will tell you if that part is flatten and/or suitable for construction here.

Elysana
Alpha Tester

Post by Elysana » 29 Jan 2014, 09:44

309. It's a bit of a girly thing to ask, but are you going to create dresses? Not those scant, disastrous high level "robes" you see in theme park MMOs these days, but the functional, elegant medieval gowns? If not any time during the release, would you consider creating them for the cash shop someday?
Good question :) Follow that link and you will be able to see what we've got now: http://prntscr.com/2nmb56
Well, 2 on the left are purely decorative, while 2 on the right are some of crafting bonus dresses (cook and blacksmith). We do realize that it is quite far from your expectations, but still better then nothing. When we will get on Steam, I really hope we will be able to integrate with their Workshop system, so we should have a good flow of different cloth and hats and so on. Also, we plan resume our 3D artists contracts too, as soon as we get on our own feet, so additional content will be soon too ;)

310. Is the NPC City the one where Queen Veronica of Acaelia is staying?
It is. :good:

Added» 31 Jan 2014, 14:57

311. Many games have very short hairstyles for women, and it's quite frustrating. Will there be longer hairstyles for the ladies?
No longer then shoulder length, unfortunately :( Longer haircuts demand a lot of messing in order to make them look realistic (animation, physics).

312. Does priesthood come with penalties like in Wurm?
Have no idea what is priesthood and how it works in Wurm. But we don't plan any religious limitations so far.

313. I know it might be a little far-fetched but... will there be siege towers someday?
Now that's a good question for a lady :good: :) Yes we plan them in some time later time as a part of siege machinery alongside with trebuchets, battering rams and deployed pavise cover.

Thank you!

Return to General Discussion