Important Poll

General discussion about Life is Feudal MMO and Life is Feudal: Your Own, The main section and backbone of the forums.

Would you be willing to pay for EVERY character you want to transfer to the main continent?

Yes, I am willing to pay for every character and the price looks reasonable.
42%
Yes, I am willing to pay for every character, but the price seems too high.
20%
Yes, I am willing to pay for every character and feel free to raise the prices. LiF is going to be a cool game and worth it! :)
8%
No, I don’t want to pay for every character in order to play.
30%

Total votes : 2460

Ontrose
Devoted Believer

Re: Important Poll

Post by Ontrose » 27 Oct 2014, 13:35

Uhm, what?
The way its planned, by selling character slots is to prevet random jackass-pvp. If you have to buy an account once (lets say for 40€ or whatever) and then can make like 50 chars on it, you will have LOADS of people running around killing random people.
Which ruins the fun more then anything. Since this is not a rust or DayZ style of survival game.
Making more chars, would only be useful if all chars SHARE the same alignment, and beeing only able to pray ONCE PER DAY and PER ACCOUNT.
But this would mean they would have to raise the inital sum of money spend on this game.

Or they would have to invent a monthly fee like wow or some nearly "pay2win" scenario, which would just result in less player i think.

Your talking in "overcharging" the community.
Lets say 20€ for first char and less for each following char.
Which means by the time you hit the 50€ wall, you will have 3-5 chars (im not sure, if any price has been offically announced yet).

On the other hand you got wow: 50€ for the game +50€ per addon (its what, the 5th or 6th addon right now? would add up to about 300€ if you buy it CLOSE TO RELEASE times) and an additional fee of about 10€ per month (depending on the prepaid amount of time it varys from 10-13 € i think).

On the other hand you got lets say... Maestia, where you can buy significant benefits with realmoney. Not a pay 2 win game, but still you got quite nice benefits from the ingame-realmoney shop.
Really want to a game where people pay 10€ per month to be able to carry twice the amount of stuff or dealing bonus dmg? Would just result in unbalanced game overall.

I think the pay/char is the best option here, but personally im not sure if thats enough to keep the servers running in the long run.
At least it will keep the all day pvp guys out of the game, due to the HEAVY skillloss on death.
So i think, its even "cheaper" this way, if you go for lets say, 5 chars, instead of "pay2win" or monthly charge and having to pay for each region or whatever.

#1 Edit: I think 20€ for first, then 15€ for 2nd and 10€ for following chars (to a total of 4 or 5 chars per account) would be a good think.

Steveburger

Post by Steveburger » 29 Oct 2014, 11:35

Let me see if I understand this correctly, and please correct me if I'm wrong...

If I want to transfer my character, Bob, over from newb island to the mainland, it will cost me $25. Once Bob is on the mainland, I never have to make a payment again.

If I want to delete Bob, and then transfer Larry over to the mainland, I have to pay an additional fee, even though I still would only have 1 character on the mainland?

In essence, I'm not buying a character SLOT, I'm just paying for a boat ride into the main game? I don't agree with this, if this is the case. I definitely have no problems with having to pay for each character SLOT on the mainland, but if I delete a character and start over, I shouldn't be charged for that by being forced into paying yet another "ticket" fee.

I hope I'm mistaken and the $25 is getting me a single character slot on the main game. If I chose to delete my character and bring a different character over to the mainland, I'm still only using 1 character slot, and therefore won't be charged any ticket fees.

Ontrose
Devoted Believer

Post by Ontrose » 29 Oct 2014, 13:27

Well, you are right.
You pay for a char, not the slot.
I dont think, that there will be a delete option.
You pay 25 Usd for first and then some for the next and another fee for third... etc
There is no real use to delete and create new anyway. The only reason would have been, if you go rogue and your alignment drops lower then -50. Which would effectively bust the reason they thought up this system, that you can lower skills to raise others.

So if your a carpenter maxed out and want to be a smith, you can unlearn carpentry etc and while training for blacksmithing.

Steveburger

Post by Steveburger » 29 Oct 2014, 20:00

So if I decide I want a different name for my character, or if I cant raise alignment back up above -50, or just want a fresh start completely, then "too bad unless you fork over cash"?

Well I know where my pointless vote is going.

Ontrose
Devoted Believer

Post by Ontrose » 01 Nov 2014, 12:09

"So if I decide I want a different name for my character, or if I cant raise alignment back up above -50, or just want a fresh start completely, then "too bad unless you fork over cash"?

Well I know where my pointless vote is going."

Well, yes.
But to get under -50 alignment you have to at least KILL one (killing tresspassers etc, wont decrease your alignment, so you can defend your property).
This means you only get to -50 IF you plan on going to kill people on THEIR property or on unclaimed land.

So if you want to rob them, they might yield (dropping all stuff and you an loot) or you can kock them out with blunt weapons (there are arrows/bolts too with blunt dmg), and you wont get below -50.

That is only an issue for ppl who go around and rather randomly killing people.

So i dont see a problem here. It's made that way, so it wont become somethin like rust/dayZ and such. For random killing there are enough games out there ;)

But about name changes, im not sure, but i think it was stated somewhere that they are thinking, about a smalle fee for namechanges. Cant point you to any post here... Though it might be my imagination, still im rather sure i read it somewhere...

Kanzyman

Post by Kanzyman » 04 Nov 2014, 12:36

So any character I have now can be transfered to the mainland once released for a fee? or this will only apply to characters created after the MMO release?

Ontrose
Devoted Believer

Post by Ontrose » 04 Nov 2014, 14:03

Uhm well, lets think it through...

Is this the test/newb island? Nope...
Well maybe it got the same source code, but in the end, this is an independant game.

You have multiple servers here, with different settings, so it would be unfair to be able to transfer chars from this servers to the main island.
I think the "newb" island later is intendet to let you try skills etc, but you will get reset to a starting setup once travellin to the main island. If not, there would be only mastercrafter on the main island from the start and well... i dont like the idea ;) so anyway, you will have to make a new guy on newb-island and transfer him, different games ^^

Orsus

Post by Orsus » 04 Nov 2014, 18:18

After receiving the initial character slot on the MMO server I would recommend selling permanent character slots that are reusable instead; however, these additional slots while being used for alts should have a timer of 24-48 hours placed on them after deleting a character before a new character may be created with them.

By paying each time someone creates a new character outside of the starting area, it could easily give the wrong impression about the company trying to grab every bit of money that can from their player base. Instead by selling the extra slots as permanent one, with a timer, it would still allow the company to make money from people like myself that enjoy having 2-3 alt characters per account.

As an alternative to this there could be the per character fee and a per character slot instead. Basically a fee per character, in the non-permanent slot and then sell for a higher fee a reusable slot with the time penalty on it to discourage any bots and spammers.
It does not matter who is the strongest fighter, just the last one standing.

Motta

Post by Motta » 09 Nov 2014, 19:01

For me the first should be free, and go raising the price with each additional character. € 5 is a good price since it was already paid dearly for an alpha game.

Ontrose
Devoted Believer

Post by Ontrose » 14 Nov 2014, 17:06

"the first should be free"
"24h timer before you can delete and make a new char"

Thats bullshit guys.
The reason for the planned system is to prevent friggn random PvP.
How should it prevent it, IF you can just make a new account?
or
Having 2 Accounts and alternating the deleting of the one char on each, to get around the Karma System? (well reputation system, i still think of it as karma ^^')

The point is:
You pay for a char here, instead for the game.
You can play that char as long as you want to.
You can indefinitly many times RELEARN the abilitys, if you invest the time.
The only reason to make dozens of chars are:
You fucked up your Karma, and cant raise it anymore and got a heavy skill loss.
Or you just want 5 specialized chars. Which you would have to pay 5 times, which is okay.

Would you prefer a WoW-like system?
Paying 50€ per game/addon AND a monthly fee?
Would you like somethin like rust? Pay once, and get killed on sight everywhere, without warning or hello?

Same goes with "lets make a char for a single euro" or dollar if you prefer...
Would be totally useless. If you want to go random PKing, you would make just 20 chars, cos they are utterly cheap.

On the other hand youve got:
Development costs, server costs, staff cost etc, (and most likely 3000 other cost posts i didnt even think about), which have to be covered.
Do you really want a free char for a month, and then the servers go down because they cant cover the costs?

I mean honestly, did you guys think your posts through or at least read the messages before you?

The reason you have to pay an moderate amount of money for each slot is TO PREVENT RANDOM PVP!
And i think the game is aimed for players who want to play in team and take part in big guild fights.
For random PvP, which would happen with your mentioned systems, there area already LOADS AND LOADS of games out there.

Starstripe

Post by Starstripe » 17 Nov 2014, 12:08

I think it's Ok to pay a lower price for every Character.

Or to pay for a character slot, where a character can be created/deleted only once a week, for a higher price per slot.

This would allow people to play maybe a good character as main, and a bad aligned character as twink. Or maybe to play different professions, without the need to dismiss your skill efforts in one profession where you maybe have put in weeks of work into, to learn an onther profession you maybe don't even know and just want to try out.

The problem of PVP-Abuse and random killing is understandable, but a time lock on a character slot would reduce this problem to a minimum, and give players a chance to play different characters (important to RP gaming experiance) without the need to delete your achieved efforts, and without the need to pay huge amounts money.

Also you should be able to play your character into all aspects of the game with one buyed character slot. At least you bought the whole game and not just a part of it. So playing a bad character from the start, would totaly remove the aspect of playing a good character after you reached a maximum of a negative alignment. And to play an other, good character, in a compleatly different style would push you into a pay system.

The problem of paying per character is not about twinks. It's reasonably to pay for twinks, but to pay every time you want to change your playstyle with the only one character you have, available in one character slot, this is what most players would reject.

Ontrose
Devoted Believer

Post by Ontrose » 20 Nov 2014, 08:20

Well,
a "Time lock" to change your char once a week is nothin. Playing 7 days (or not playing 7 days) is not much of an issue to make a fresh killing machine. Or running 2 of such accounts, with endless remade chars.
Only chance there would be that reputation is locked on that char slot and starting skills would depend on reputation. Like you start with 150 skill on 0 rep, with minimum (i think 60 is minimum, when you start, the split is dependant on the "race" you play) if you hit -50 on that slot.
That might be working. But only if the reputation is saved on that slot. So you cant just make another char. Surname should be fixed on that slot too.

And "playing a bad char from the start", every char starts the same. There is nothin against a "bad" char there, you can still club dozen of people down and rob them on the street. you wont go below -49. Only way to go lower is -50, and well, even in medieval ages, such thing would mark your as an outlaw everywhere, so i think its absolutely fine, that you cant get above that point anymore.
Adding a way to go around that mechanics, without having to suffer, would do naught against random pvp. Do you really think any random killer out there gives a shit about having to wait a week to remake a char?
Yes, you have to pay to play multiple chars, thats fine for me, since you can da everything with one char anyway, just needs time.

But about money, lets see whats out there in a world.
Things like WoW, where you pay 50€/game/addon. Which would at least means 3 chars i think. Plus a friggn fee of around 10-13€ (paid monthly, 36 for a 3 month abo, 66 for 6 months abo and 120 or so for a year). Quite a while ago, prices may have changed (upwards, not down...)
Then we have stuff like Maestia, which is "free to play".
Lets be honest, without using online shop, your at a severe disadvantage, especially in the upgrade system. i think on upgrade 5/10 on stuff you got like 60% fail chance already. Free to play yes, but with an huge disadvantage.
I'm pretty sure other people could add a real paytowin game here...

So i dont really see why 20€ for first char and 10€ for 2nd char is too much for anybody to afford...
I mean the only way to "destroy" a char is by going -50 reputation, which means just dont go randomly KILL people and your fine.
The point in deleting and remaking a char, is to prevent that reputation or the reputation you've got as a player. If you want to change the job you unlearn stuff while learning others, with the same ratio an "empty" char learns his stuff. So skilling would take as long with a new char, as it would be with a char who is unlearing blacksmithing to learn farming.

So honestly, i dont really see the point in adding a "remake char" system at all... only ones who would really benefit tehre would be people who go around randomly killing, all other will watch for their reputation, or at least use blunt weapons, so they wont kill.

MikeyBlunts
Beta Tester

Post by MikeyBlunts » 04 Dec 2014, 23:37

Dafaq O.o paid 40$ for the game like f*** am i gunna pay another 10-15$ for a character.. not even slots! just a f***** char.. hell no thats one of the stupidest ideas ive ever heard, quit tryin to get rich off stupid s**t that stupid people will pay for, u want to solve the problem of people just deleting thier toons.. make it a cooldown, weeks even a month, or take away the delete feature all together. or pay to delete, make the trolls pay

Ontrose
Devoted Believer

Post by Ontrose » 06 Dec 2014, 07:05

Sorry, i neglected this post for a while^^'

What you are saying is redundant.
Imean first you complain "paying for a char and not for a slot" is just money making.
Then you say "take away the delete functions or let them pay to delete".

Where is the difference between "you have to pay for each char" and: "you pay for each slot and cant delete the char unless you pay a fee to remake it?"

My opinion about any kinds of timer is stated more then once i think...

The same isnt it?

Anyway: First think, then write :> (Same goes for talking ^^)

MikeyBlunts
Beta Tester

Post by MikeyBlunts » 08 Dec 2014, 15:56

Ontrose wrote:Sorry, i neglected this post for a while^^'

What you are saying is redundant.
Imean first you complain "paying for a char and not for a slot" is just money making.
Then you say "take away the delete functions or let them pay to delete".

Where is the difference between "you have to pay for each char" and: "you pay for each slot and cant delete the char unless you pay a fee to remake it?"

My opinion about any kinds of timer is stated more then once i think...

The same isnt it?

Anyway: First think, then write :> (Same goes for talking ^^)

this games already goin down hill.. now yes its a somewhat contradictory statement, but its an idiotic idea, why should the general players (who dont just delete toons and go around killing people) why should they have to pay, i couldn't care less if i went -50 align, its a part of the damn game, timers wouldn't fix the problem but prolong the inevitable yes, but its still better then dishing out more money, taking it out conpletely would screw things up, people who legit screwd up on thier chars wouldn't be able to fix their errors, therefor i see PAYING TO DELETE would be a better option, sure YOU screwd up, but its YOUR screw up and YOUR goin to pay for it not the whole damn community. you stated in a comment that "Or you just want 5 specialized chars. Which you would have to pay 5 times, which is okay." HOW IS THAT OK that because u want 5 specs u gotta pay 5 times, that makes no sense!!!

Lila

Post by Lila » 11 Dec 2014, 18:51

Eve Online has it setup where you can have 3 avatars for one paid account. BUT you can only play one of them at a time. I like the idea that if one is EVIL they all turn evil. Alignment in this manner should be shared and it keeps the grieving down. Maybe not at first, but lets be honest, this is a PVP and PVE game. So evil people will do evil things. It's part of the game. If you don't like it, run your own server.

Since this game is forcing you to pay for a toon, AND pay monthly, that to me is a bit much. Keep the price the same for each account since this is monthly. But as eve has it setup, allow up to 3 characters per account. And again, it only allows 1 to play at a time. Same if you have cross accounts. If you play on one account, then the other account would get kicked off. There are ways to find MAC address in combo with IP addresses to stop the "grievers" that everyone is so worried about. Remember, like WURM ONLINE, you must grind before you get to a grieving point anyhow. So to be honest, grievers may not be as big of a problem as people are making it out to be.

And if you are one who is going to get bent out of shape because of the "one character ( or account ) at a time idea" think of it this way... this game is designed to grind. It's not that easy to run two avatars at the same time. So what's the point of getting upset about a person who has more then one account. Honestly it's not like they will be able to run them both at once, unless they are cheating with a mouse clicker. And yes, I found out about the Mouse clicker already that allows you to just sit there and walk away from your computer while you gather items repeatedly. It's one of the biggest cheats in this game. And that in of itself is a problem. Which is why I am suggesting all of this.

So again, allow only one account / character online at a time. And if one is evil, they all turn evil. And to fix the DELETE account issue, this is why its been suggested about the 3 avatars per account. But like in other games, you have a cool down period where you are not allowed to make certain actions for a specified period of time.

Andrei_j1

Post by Andrei_j1 » 12 Dec 2014, 12:31

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lXreUA_m_zg[/media]
:shock:

Blackrain

Post by Blackrain » 18 Dec 2014, 02:27

I don't mind paying for characters but i would much rather a larger skill cap for one character as i like to use all skills and create my own towns and equipment.
Just a suggestion.
Why not sell real estate instead. Charge for a set amount of land and lock it to the claim owner. Say you can't build, terrarform and harvest in the area of another claim but still trade, invade and pillage from it. Have free areas where you can still harvest but no dwellings are allow without a land claim.

Surely if you sold land lots that would make more money then characters. You could have land that randomly generates with a set amount of resources that adds too the world map so everytime you add more land it adds to your own claim so your land mass becomes larger overtime as you expand across it.

So for example you have the base world map with its landmass you travel to the location you want to claim say desert, forest ,iceland, etc then from there you claim land around you, if say you can't because someone has built in the next plot over and your are surrounded by player plots with no land to expand into thats when more land would generate and add to the world map. Generate the land according to the enviroment that character first laid claim.desert, forest, etc etc.

Give us founders a decent parcel of land to start with because you love us so much because we supported you in your time of need.

Arensirb

Post by Arensirb » 24 Dec 2014, 10:32

Here is my 2 cents:
NO I should not have to PAY for each character! 20 euro per character is f*** insane, thats more than I paid for the game itself! (I know it's 2 different games).

Sounds to me like a money grabbing deal.. So if I delete my character, and recreate it I need to pay you another 20 euro? haha

I should have to pay for my account, which should contain X number of characters.. (3?) that I can delete and recreate as I wish.

Then if I want to then I can purchase additional characters in order to raise that limit up to say 5.

If I should have to pay for each character then it should be a really low amount like $5 or something. But I guess this fee will be an additional fee to the account fee? If so, then NO, I should not have to pay extra per character.

Arensirb

Post by Arensirb » 24 Dec 2014, 10:36

Bobik wrote:It is VERY important to understand a difference between two systems.
Additional character slots that can be used many time to create a new character, play it, then delete it and create a new one. It is how in MO if I'm not wrong.
In our case you should pay for EVERY new created character that you want to see on a main land, no matter how many slots do you have.

NO! You shouldn't! Of course you think so, you want our money!
I seriously need to reconsider my standing with this game.

Why the fr*** would you charge us for each character? Charge us a monthly fee for account, and no more.

Of course I should be able to create a character, play it, then delete it, and recreate a new character.
The thing is that I shouldn't be able to delete it untill after 7 days of creation.

I really don't see how being able to delete an character is an issue.

Arensirb

Post by Arensirb » 24 Dec 2014, 10:39

Blackrain wrote:I don't mind paying for characters but i would much rather a larger skill cap for one character as i like to use all skills and create my own towns and equipment.

I'm against this in so many ways...

One single character shouldn't be able to do everything himself.

Arensirb

Post by Arensirb » 24 Dec 2014, 20:10

McKenna wrote:While I'm sure that I'm in the minority here, I would still like to bring forward the (obviously) overlooked option to not encourage multiple characters.

What exactly is the point of a skillcap when you can just switch characters to do what you wish to do?

How can you say (with a straight face) that your skillcap forces players to band together with others?

Because you can only play one character at a time ;)

of course one should be able to have multiple characters. The thing is, lets say I have a miner ,and a blacksmith. (Obviously I shouldn't be able to have both on one char)

It's more hassle to go mine 10 000 iron, than to simply buy/trade it from someone else who has a miner as main character.

HappyFanatic

Post by HappyFanatic » 26 Dec 2014, 16:34

I think you should allow two characters the ability to xfer across (or three for alpha testers :) ) and then offer the option to pay for additional toons. I think there should be a cap on total characters regardless if you pay or not. I love this concept a lot.

Arensirb

Post by Arensirb » 27 Dec 2014, 20:32

HappyFanatic wrote:I think you should allow two characters the ability to xfer across (or three for alpha testers :) ) and then offer the option to pay for additional toons. I think there should be a cap on total characters regardless if you pay or not. I love this concept a lot.

Like this?
Pay for Account monthly.. (has 3 charactersd)
No extra to transfer to main island..

Want more than 3 chars, you have to pay for extra.

TurtleSage

Post by TurtleSage » 27 Dec 2014, 23:04

My problem with having to pay for every character is the chances of getting stuck in a bad server with players that are consider evil that could ruin it. You'd then be forced to pay for it again just to restart at that point i would quite verses buy a new character especially at that high of a price. Why not simply create penalties for "evil character" that stays with the persons profile regardless of how many characters they own and they have to pay to wipe there slate clean

XxYouDeaDPunKxX

Post by XxYouDeaDPunKxX » 28 Dec 2014, 15:48

yes, i wanna pay a game two time's, why i can pay only 1 times a game?
your a genius

Tantal
Alpha Tester

Post by Tantal » 29 Dec 2014, 19:12

TurtleSage wrote:My problem with having to pay for every character is the chances of getting stuck in a bad server with players that are consider evil that could ruin it. You'd then be forced to pay for it again just to restart at that point i would quite verses buy a new character especially at that high of a price. Why not simply create penalties for "evil character" that stays with the persons profile regardless of how many characters they own and they have to pay to wipe there slate clean

Well, in the MMO you cannot get stuck at a bad server. There Will be only one huge server cluster.

Srifenbyxp

Post by Srifenbyxp » 31 Dec 2014, 19:01

$10 seems reasonable, $20? Errr, I will because I have the disposable income but im not sure other people think so. It depends on the over all cost because it'll be the price of the game + buying a character slot.

Azzerhoden
Alpha Tester

Post by Azzerhoden » 31 Dec 2014, 21:09

Tantal wrote:
TurtleSage wrote:My problem with having to pay for every character is the chances of getting stuck in a bad server with players that are consider evil that could ruin it. You'd then be forced to pay for it again just to restart at that point i would quite verses buy a new character especially at that high of a price. Why not simply create penalties for "evil character" that stays with the persons profile regardless of how many characters they own and they have to pay to wipe there slate clean

Well, in the MMO you cannot get stuck at a bad server. There Will be only one huge server cluster.

Do we know that for fact?
| - Alpha Tester and Zealous Believer

Kingdom of Hyperion founding Duchy - A practical RP Community est. 1999 - Apply Today!

Snapula

Post by Snapula » 02 Jan 2015, 04:31

Lol :D Some people want to have 3 or more character in main continent. This is mmoRPG. You will commend just one character. Multi is still a big trouble for all online games. I hope the moderators wont let anybody to have more than 1 character. (If you want one character more, buy the game once :D)

Return to General Discussion