MMO Interactive FAQ

General discussion about Life is Feudal MMO and Life is Feudal: Your Own, The main section and backbone of the forums.

Eskaldar
Alpha Tester

Re: Interactive FAQ

Post by Eskaldar » 30 Sep 2011, 11:32

108) Can a melee hit on two standing near targets? I mean, if hit by slashes. Or will kick in only the first, as implemented in Mortal Online.
109) How many people will be taken in CBT, and what are the selection criteria?
110) Will there be GM's? As they would choose if they will?
111) Will there be one and a half arms? (1H/2H weapon, i mean bastard and other), that we could take it in one hand, and in two hands.

Bobik
Project Leader

Post by Bobik » 30 Sep 2011, 13:08

108) No, only first one will be hit.
109) Can't answer that question yet.
110) I think there will be some GMs but we won't pick them among players for sure.
111) Ye, we plan to make those.

Eskaldar
Alpha Tester

Post by Eskaldar » 01 Oct 2011, 06:16

112) Will be FF on ? (friendly fire)
113) Will be groups or not ?(i mean like in other MMO or it be like in Mortal Online)
114) I can see HP,stama and etc my enemy or not ? What i will see, when i targeting my enemy in crosshair ?

Bobik
Project Leader

Post by Bobik » 01 Oct 2011, 09:12

112) Yes. FF 100% on always.
113) I think we gonna have Darkfall groups - so you can see their bars, have same chat room and see them at a distance, but nothing more.
114) Only hard and softHP, but that might change futher in development.

Eskaldar
Alpha Tester

Post by Eskaldar » 01 Oct 2011, 17:35

113) Will be siege machines? (catapults, ballistas, and other)

Bobik
Project Leader

Post by Bobik » 01 Oct 2011, 20:50

113) Yes, but not sure if we gonna have them at release.

hasaosan

Post by hasaosan » 02 Oct 2011, 01:41

114) (i know u said u can't talk about WHO ur letting in) id like to know in numbers of how many u will let in at a time (exe 1-20 or so)

115) will beta be like Mortal and 99.99% of other betas and we just get on and play (after providing a code or some means) or will it be like Xsyon (aka the WORST beta style possible) and be paid beta?

116) i know u said no npcs.... but id really love to see taming implemented... taming was my fave part of mortal till they nerfed it so bad that anyone who uses it is a tard <.< (used to have me and 5 friends go into keeps with minotores as pets... took 20-30 people to beat us :D

Bobik
Project Leader

Post by Bobik » 02 Oct 2011, 13:48

114) Can't understand that question well enough. I don't know yet, about our beta policies.
115) Same answer: we will see later in development. Anyway, i don't like paid beta idea at all and will do my best to avoid that.
116) NPC<>mobs. We will have NPCs in starter city, i hope we will have player vendor NPCs, and we will have wild animals mobs, most of those will be tamable and will be converted in domestic animals after tame (like aurochs -> cow)

hasaosan

Post by hasaosan » 02 Oct 2011, 21:48

114.) Revised (i was basicaly askin how many people at a time would u let in.... but u have said u are unsure so thanks for the answer)

question about 116.)

yes taming cows and stuff is cool.. but i mean i like attack animals... like say tamed wolves or something

Bobik
Project Leader

Post by Bobik » 03 Oct 2011, 07:10

Doubt that we will have time and resources to get a smooth AI for attack pets running.

Kuroi
Alpha Tester

Post by Kuroi » 07 Oct 2011, 21:14

117) any word about thieves? will thievery be in game? in what form? snooping, pilfering people, open their locked houses with lockpicks and rob them...?

Eskaldar
Alpha Tester

Post by Eskaldar » 08 Oct 2011, 10:27

118) How do you plan to balance PVP between different classes. I mean (archers versus melee, etc.)?
119) How will balance the different types of weapons and armor?
I would not want that to be LIF was a similar situation as in Mortal Online, which currently are OP horse archers and foot with a halberd.
120) Bobik, what is your personal vision on the archer vs melee (and mouted archer vs foot melee)?
121) Will there be different types of damage (piercing, slashing, crushing), and whether the armor on ways to protect them?
122) What materials can craft weapons and armor?
123) How will defend the shield in LIF? As in M ​​& B? Would it be possible for the raised shield to hit the opponent's feet?
124) I would like to participate in the balancing of weapons and armor, is it possible?
Soon come up with some more questions:) Thank you.

Bobik
Project Leader

Post by Bobik » 09 Oct 2011, 13:42

117) Have not decided yet about stealing.
118, 120) Shields>archers in most cases, Archers can't kite some lightly armored troops, archers can't avoid mounted units much. On other hand, archers can kite other troops, can hide in hard places for cavalry and so on.
119) You will see.
121) Yes, there will be differen types of damage.
122) Don't get that question. Metal, leather, padded. No mythril of other fantazy metals.
123) yes, in our current state od hit detection system you can hit legs of blocking player
124) Not really, but you can email me, if you have something to offer.

Eskaldar
Alpha Tester

Post by Eskaldar » 16 Oct 2011, 12:45

125) Bobik, you were talking about permanent death. What is your vision?
126) Since the opportunity to incapacitate the enemy without killing him, can I capture an enemy?
127) Will there be a prison or something like that?
It would be possible to implement execution (of all kinds, hanging, cutting off of heads, quartering, etc.).
128) Will there be slavery or life in prison, in captivity?
129) A player will get old?
130) Will there be food and what role will it play in the world and the player?
131) Game Settings. Can I configure the keys as I want? For example do different strikes on a single button?
132) Can you name at least rough the system requirements?
133) Pets. How many pets can be a character?
134) How many metals (steel, copper, bronze, etc.) will be in the game?
135) Will the global map, global chat?
136) Teleport will not?
137) Can we learn about religion? What they give, whether they should or can do without them? What will work?
138) Would it be possible to repair weapons, armor, etc.?
p.s. if you could write in Russian on the balance weapons/armours, I think I can share my thoughts on the English problem

Bobik
Project Leader

Post by Bobik » 16 Oct 2011, 15:17

125) There will be no permadeath, at least not at release.
126) No, you can't. But we will think about options to demand a ransom for sparing opponents life.
127) Nothing like that.
128) No.
129) No.
130) RTFM on our site
131) Yes.
132) Not now. The more modern your rig will be - the better 8)
133) We plan no pets, at least not in classic MMORPG meaning.
134) Not decided fully yet. But there will be no magic or fantasy metals. Only precious and common.
135) One global map, but no global chat.
136) Only recall planned ATM
137) Not now - it's not designed fully yet.
138) Yes, it will be possible.
No i won't write about it, because it's not fully desinged yet and it will be kinda spoiler.

Eskaldar
Alpha Tester

Post by Eskaldar » 22 Oct 2011, 08:11

139) Will it be possible to breed animals, engage in farming?
140 )Would it be possible to create food, like: milk, bread, cheese, butter, etc.?

Bobik
Project Leader

Post by Bobik » 22 Oct 2011, 08:44

139) Yes
140) Yes.

Maarloeve

Post by Maarloeve » 04 Nov 2011, 18:40

141) Will there be a large variety of weaponry at our disposal? It seems most sandbox MMOs suffer a lack of variety or a few overpowered weapons rendering others useless.
142) Will certain structures only be able to be damaged / destroyed by siege weapons?
143) What is the game coded in?
144) Are there any regional buildings? (I.e. mud-brick buildings for deserts, timber houses for forests, stone brick & etc)
145) Any plans for "free" accounts with the subscription upgrade model?

Marquis Blue

Post by Marquis Blue » 05 Nov 2011, 22:58

146) Any plans yet about a soundtrack? Will different regions/cultures soundtracks change, or will it be universal?
147) Is there a more detailed map created yet then the one on the main website of the game world?

fallen_saint

Post by fallen_saint » 06 Nov 2011, 16:53

148. I am rather confused on combining Arab and Mongol into one race since they are pretty distinct in their architecture, military, and customs. Is there a way to bring one in the game and slowly bring the others along like Chinese, Japanese, and Indian?

149. Is there going to be influence from other cultures like African and Native American tribes in the game somehow?

150. [wow this many, impressive] Is this going to be forested like europe is or is LiF going to have environments such as deserts and cold landscapes [good way to add more arab and african influence]

151. I read that there is no pve and crusades depend on us. So is there possible way to inlcude world events like Mongol Horde and the Plague? Where players are sometimes forced to work together in the common cause even though they are rivals [like richard the I and Phillip ...}

152. Will we be able to hire npc and pc assassins?

153. In LiF will be able to build wonders or buldings to boost morale or stats in a region? Taj Mahul or Cathedral?

154. I am going to assume armor will affect you during combad, so is there going to be diffrent fighting styles to incorporate the best use of weight of armor? In other words if I wear cloth armor can I trip someone or evade heavily armored person?

155. Last but not least probably, Will there be monthly or bi yearly storline and map updates to see how the world is evolving and changing over time? [I saw it on a website how EVE changed over time with various factions strengthening and weakening]

156. Wow, that didn't last long. How influential will religion be in LiF, is there a chance where one religion will dominant society like Catholic Church or Islam? and if so will there be a GM Pope or Player Pope?

PS. Thank you for your answering my questions.

fallen_saint

Post by fallen_saint » 07 Nov 2011, 02:12

157. Will there be a possibility of having jousting, archery, or sword tournaments held in kingdoms?

158. Will players or gms be able to develop secret socities?

Marquis Blue

Post by Marquis Blue » 07 Nov 2011, 02:20

159) How in-depth will player-run organizations be able to be customized? Will we be able to create flags, banners, emblems and insignia, and be able to organize its structure? Maybe created out of game and OK'd by the dev team before use?

Bobik
Project Leader

Post by Bobik » 07 Nov 2011, 06:00

141) We will try to bring all major medieval weapon types into our game and also, we'll do our best to keep them balanced. We believe, that major aspect of choosing one weapon over another should be players combat style and not just DPS numbers.
142) All structures can be damaged and destroyed by siege weaponry, but only at certain conditions (war, siege).
143) C++, we use Torque Engine for rendering.
144) PLayers with architect skill will be able to build some buildings with their racial style.
145) Probably not.
146) No plans on soundrack yet, it's not our priority ATM.
147) No.

148) When we talk about race archetypes in our game, you should keep in mind, that our races are fictional. So it's not just a combination of reallife races, it's just our own ingame race but with some details (not all) from some reallife races. There is no plans for new races yet.
149) No.
150) We will try to create all major climate ecosystems (tundra, desert, forests, plains, rivers, swamps and so on)
151) There certainly will be some events in our game 8)
152) No NPC assassins and it's up to you, if you'll be able to find player assassin 8)
153) There will be no global buildings, but certainly, there will be country/feuf wide buildings, that will provide some benefits to it's residents. Something like national wonders in terms of Civilization IV/V :)
154) Armor will affect your speed for sure and in theory you might try to avoid almost 2m 2-handed sword swings, but it might be bad for you health, if you fail :)
155) Yes, we do have plans for such mechanics.
156) There will be only one major religion in our world and maybe just some denominations of that religion. We do have some plans about player Pope and his powers, but it's not in our plans for release period.
157) It's up to you - players. We certainly won't build game mechanics for those tournaments.
158) Again, it's player driven decision.
159) We plan to create heraldy generator for ingame organizations. And we do plan to make it possible to apply that heraldy on shields (not sure about capes).

trashman
Alpha Tester

Post by trashman » 11 Nov 2011, 17:20

I have a few question about the digging system.

160) When someone makes a tunnel/mine, will you be able to dig on top of the tunnel and make a new opening?
161) Can I connect a tunnel to another one that is already made, and how will they connect. Lets say there is a flat tunnel that is 15 underground and one that is barely under the surface. If they connect will it make a steep slope between them?

Bobik
Project Leader

Post by Bobik » 12 Nov 2011, 11:39

160, 161) In our current terraforming system we have a limitation: vertical height between two tunnels can not be less then 1 meter (1 meter between ceiling of lower tunnel and floor of upper tunnel). So, answering your question, you can't inersect two tunnels strictly one above another. But you can intersect them on neighboring cells.

P.S. We actually use google wave + napkin (drawing/doodling) plugin + skype, when we were developing that tunnel system, because it's really hard to explain by words what and how should work. That's why i might not be able to clearly answer your question.

trashman
Alpha Tester

Post by trashman » 17 Nov 2011, 18:10

You answered my first question, let me ask the second one again differently.

161) Is there any limitation on connecting two tunnels? lets look at it in just a 2D perspective. Lets say cell 1 is at height 0. (0 being the lowest one can get in the game) and cell 3 is at height of 20. If I were to mine out cell 2 and connect theses tunnels, what would happen? Would it connect, but at a very steep slope?

Bobik
Project Leader

Post by Bobik » 18 Nov 2011, 11:41

2D perspective can be either horizontal or vertical :)
You can mine neighboring cells with only 3 variants: no height change, 0,5 meters higher, 0,5 meters lower. So if i get your question right, you won't be able to mine cell 2 so it will be interconnected with cell 1, especially if it's 20 meters height difference.
Anyway, all i wanted to say, that these discussions are extremely hard without painting up your questions and vocaly commenting them.

Eskaldar
Alpha Tester

Post by Eskaldar » 03 Dec 2011, 08:33

162) How will be organized as a client - server part of the game?
162a) That is, whether all calculated on the server or that it will be calculated on the client machine, that would not load the server heavily?
162b) As planned the server, that he would have stood a strain (about the system of clusters I've heard)?
163) On how many players will be calculated 1 cluster?
164) Cyrillic is supported in the game?
p.s. Bobik, na 162-oy mojesh otvetit' odnim otvetom ili raspisat' po kajdomu punktu!

Bobik
Project Leader

Post by Bobik » 04 Dec 2011, 21:25

162,162a,b) Don't get your questions at all. But server will be authorative and will control most of ingame activities. Anyway i don't see a reason answering technical questions right here.
163) no info yet
164) will be

banok
Alpha Tester

Post by banok » 18 Dec 2011, 19:20

can you edit peoples posts and write answers beneath peoples posts? would be much easier to read.

165) what are your thoughts on far eastern influences such as japan, making it into the game? if not at launch later on. other communities (cRPG) get upset if items don't look generic european, which is very boring. I personally think that as a fantasy game based on historic cultures you should ideally represent all feudal cultures, the more variety the better.
We're planning to have 3 race archetypes, and one of them will be somewhat arab/byzantium/mongol mix, so that should be a divercity you're looking for. Japans might be introduced later in expansions.

166) will trees spawn in the world? will they grow? will they spread and form forests if unchecked?
Yes, but quite slowly. Attented forestry will provide better growth of forests.

167) will pre-designed structures like the windmill have a purpose? be enterable?
Yes, they will. Windmill is already enterable and it's role (you'll be surprized :P ) will be mass refinement of farming crops.

168) are you able to dig on any part of the map? or is some terrain like mountains and stone not terraformable?
Terraforming in our case is 1) lowering/raining terrain level 2) digging of tunnels. So, some substances will allow both of those acttions, some will allow only one (no digging in sand, no leveling of mountains).

169) will wars/pvp be fought mostly over the control of areas with better/rarer resources, rather than just for lols or e-peen? I really hope you stick to EVE idea of areas of very high risk/reward and safe areas with lower rewards, so that pvp is constant in certain areas of map. spending hours looking for pvp in darkfall was number 1 reason to quit the game for me.
We're on the same page here, about PvP, EvE security status zones and such. I'm pretty much sure, that there will be plenty of reasons to wage territorial wars and minor neighbor raids.

Return to General Discussion