Payment method?

General discussion about Life is Feudal MMO and Life is Feudal: Your Own, The main section and backbone of the forums.

Lahuzer
Alpha Tester

Payment method?

Post by Lahuzer » 14 Nov 2013, 21:26

Will the game have a subscription running or not? Your take on this is quite confusing. I read that you will have to "subscribe to the game" at one place, and also I read that you will have to pay once to leave newbie island. So how will it work? If it's buy once to play. Will you after that one payment, to leave newbie island, have access to everything as long as the game is out? Or will you have to buy houses and stuff if you want that? Or will it have a sub, and you can only test it for free on newbie island? Please clear this up for me. :good:

Kuroi
Alpha Tester

Re: Payment method?

Post by Kuroi » 14 Nov 2013, 21:28

buy to play :)

you play for free on the newb island (which gets daily wipes) and you can buy (with real money) a ticket to leave it and play the "real" game

Lahuzer
Alpha Tester

Post by Lahuzer » 14 Nov 2013, 23:11

Yes, but will it be a subscription after that "ticket"? Cause they wrote: "While LIFE IS FEUDAL is free-to-play, its full potential can only be experienced by subscribing to the game by acquiring a license (buy-to-play)". Subscribing to the game usually means paying for it each month.

Dleatherus
Beta Tester

Post by Dleatherus » 15 Nov 2013, 01:13

if I understand correctly, it's just a 1 time payment with then the further option of spending in game 'tickets' (bought with real cash) on vanity items to help fund maintenance and future development

D.

Kuroi
Alpha Tester

Post by Kuroi » 15 Nov 2013, 02:40

1 time payment, just buy the ticket and done

Lahuzer
Alpha Tester

Post by Lahuzer » 15 Nov 2013, 11:44

Well it seems way to uncertain at this time. The posts theyve made suggest both scenarios. And until it's set in stone, and I've seen a proper explanation from the devs, I won't take anything for granted. Like, how much would that one time payment be, and what is the "subscribing" part that they write about then?

Bobik
Project Leader

Post by Bobik » 15 Nov 2013, 14:10

Can you point out those posts, where we suggested subscription, please?

I can clarify, that at present moment it will be buy to play model, where you buy yourself a ticket out of newbie island and after that you are free from any charges including subscription.

FYI:
http://lifeisfeudal.com/FAQ

Dleatherus
Beta Tester

Post by Dleatherus » 15 Nov 2013, 14:39

In organized-faq-archive-t314/ about 1/2 way down:

Question: Any plans for "free" accounts with the subscription upgrade model?
Answer: Probably not.

the mention of a subscription upgrade model might be confusing to some and what the OP is referring to

D.

Arrakis

Post by Arrakis » 15 Nov 2013, 14:44

Well, the question was about subscription upgrade model, and there will be no subscription, just one time payment as Bobik clarified. Typical B2P game like GW2.

So there is nothing confusing about that from what I see.

Bobik
Project Leader

Post by Bobik » 15 Nov 2013, 14:51

Dleatherus wrote:In organized-faq-archive-t314/ about 1/2 way down:

Question: Any plans for "free" accounts with the subscription upgrade model?
Answer: Probably not.

the mention of a subscription upgrade model might be confusing to some and what the OP is referring to

D.

It was not us who had mentioned that model :) It just someone asked that question and I have answered "No". How can this be confusing and how can we change that if it is so? Remove someones question and our answer? :%)

Dleatherus
Beta Tester

Post by Dleatherus » 15 Nov 2013, 14:53

ok - let me try and break it down for you as to how some people might have been confused by that Q&A
(languages, and how sentence structures and meaning in one language can be different to another language, and so help with the confusion)

Q. Any plans for for 'free accounts' with the subscription upgrade model
(this can easily be interpreted as there being a subscription model already in place, and the person asking the question is asking if there are any plans for 'free accounts' to go along with the subscription upgrade model)

A. Probably not
(very easily interpreted as: 'probably no 'free accounts' to go with the subscription upgrade model'
a clearer reply might have been 'there will be no subscription upgrade model and therefore no free accounts)

please also understand that I am NOT criticizing - merely helping to find and clean up in a positive manner where the original confusion started

edit: also, as i reread the the original question, here i think could be a contributing factor as well: they say 'THE subscription upgrade model' and not 'A subscription upgrade model'
'THE' makes it seem like a subscription is already in place/planned, and that the person asking the question is asking about a modification to it

Lahuzer
Alpha Tester

Post by Lahuzer » 15 Nov 2013, 15:24

It's on your indiegogo page. http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/life-is-feudal Under the section "Game summary" it says: "While LIFE IS FEUDAL is free-to-play, its full potential can only be experienced by subscribing to the game by acquiring a license (buy-to-play)". And when you use the word "subscribing" to a game when it comes to payment. Most peeps think it will be a monthly fee of some kind. Further down "Payment model" it says: "Payment model is planned to be a B2P. Players will be able to download and enter game for free and will appear on a newbie island. While suffering different limitations, they will be able to test all of game mechanics and most of it features. And if they feel confident enough to leave safe newbie island and dive into the real medieval life on the main Continent, they will have to pay only once".
That combined with the subscription info got me thinking that you play for free on newbie island, then buy a ticket to get into the real game, and after that it's a subscription of some kind that kicks in. At least all this info would suggest the possibility of it. If it's only a one time payment, what will you as a company do to earn money down the road? Will there be any kind of p2w store, with XP boosters etc. Or only fluff like cloths etc? Either way, as a sandbox, I hope the EVERYTHING can be aquired once you pay/sub for the game.

Bobik
Project Leader

Post by Bobik » 15 Nov 2013, 15:59

Kk, thank you for your feedback - will correct Indiegogo campaign page ASAP.
As about those FAQ threads, I don't really see a best way how to do that. We have an official FAQ page on our site: http://lifeisfeudal.com/FAQ

That FAQ threads are still answered by me, but should be considered as less priority, because they have a looong 2+ years history and many of things there might be non accurate ATM.
So I am really confused right now, what should we do with that? :%)

Any suggestions?

P.S. there will be in game shop, and I will do everything to make it is so, that it is will be vanity only shop. But if it is going to be alternative between "LiF with more shop options" and "no LiF because there simply no money to keep it going", we will certainly go for 2nd option.

Dailato
Alpha Tester

Post by Dailato » 15 Nov 2013, 16:04

Well, if you have a couple of hours you could go through the FAQ thread, and change the answers that are no longer accurate, then put a link to that on the FAQ page?

Dleatherus
Beta Tester

Post by Dleatherus » 15 Nov 2013, 16:19

hi Bobik

I strongly suggest that the Faq's are consolidated and updated - right now, not counting the indiegogo campaign, there are 3 different FAQ pages - some are more current and relevant than others

consolidating these can be a pain to say the least - I have had to do the same on my own 450+ member guild page more than once as some information/forum threads get old and inaccurate

my next few days are very busy with r/l and helping with a podcast for another project - however if you have time next week i would be more than happy to chat with you via skype or some other program, and help organize all the FAQ into 1 current and accurate FAQ - the sooner the better is my opinion to better educate those who are joining us, looking at the indiegogo campaign, and wanting clear and non-conflicting information before donating

D.

p.s. i'll be happy to clean up typos and grammatical errors such as 'will be available at retail' would read better as 'will be available at official game launch' etc.
Last edited by Dleatherus on 15 Nov 2013, 16:23, edited 1 time in total.

Bobik
Project Leader

Post by Bobik » 15 Nov 2013, 16:21

Thank you for your offer, Dleatherus!
It will be stupid on my side to refuse. Sending you PM with my skype ID :good:

Lahuzer
Alpha Tester

Post by Lahuzer » 16 Nov 2013, 12:19

Thx for the answers Bobik. Keep this kind of communication up with your playerbase, and that alone will win you hundreds of new players for your game. :good:

Dailato
Alpha Tester

Post by Dailato » 16 Nov 2013, 13:04

yeah gotta say the devs are really active with the community, its quite reassuring actually.
3 hurrahs for the devs caring about the game and the community! Hip Hip! Hurrah!

Yours truly -The Pope

Arrakis

Post by Arrakis » 16 Nov 2013, 13:07

Yes, it's really nice that Bobik even while being so busy with his hard work still has time for his community. That is something that most games these days lack pretty much.

Return to General Discussion