Important Poll

General discussion about Life is Feudal MMO and Life is Feudal: Your Own, The main section and backbone of the forums.

Would you be willing to pay for EVERY character you want to transfer to the main continent?

Yes, I am willing to pay for every character and the price looks reasonable.
42%
Yes, I am willing to pay for every character, but the price seems too high.
20%
Yes, I am willing to pay for every character and feel free to raise the prices. LiF is going to be a cool game and worth it! :)
8%
No, I don’t want to pay for every character in order to play.
30%

Total votes : 2460

Azzerhoden
Alpha Tester

Re: Important Poll

Post by Azzerhoden » 02 Jan 2015, 15:48

The game is free to play. If you want to move a character from the newbie island to the mainland, then you have to pay a fee. A one time fee. Its been stated many times the reasoning for this strategy, and your suggestions does not take those reasons into account.

So why all the discussion as to whether folks should pay for more than one character, or monthly subscriptions for multiple characters?
| - Alpha Tester and Zealous Believer

Kingdom of Hyperion founding Duchy - A practical RP Community est. 1999 - Apply Today!

Morningstaric

Post by Morningstaric » 03 Jan 2015, 20:23

I think having a no turn back on murderer status is very very wrong. Just bad aim with that bow and ooops you killed the wrong guy and you lose your character and its progress if you want to play with good karma. Specially with current mechanics it will happen alot. I think there should be a way to reduce murder count maybe a long timer or to pay for your sins. Also 600 skillcap is totally bs. Just for survival you need around that. If I want to play as a loner wanderer etc I wont be able to do anything useful at all. Increase skillcap so people can experience all aspects of the game but make skillgain hard. I really want this game to succeed. Also I want to see that our money put in good use.

Azzerhoden
Alpha Tester

Post by Azzerhoden » 04 Jan 2015, 03:52

Morningstaric wrote:I think having a no turn back on murderer status is very very wrong. Just bad aim with that bow and ooops you killed the wrong guy and you lose your character and its progress if you want to play with good karma. Specially with current mechanics it will happen alot. I think there should be a way to reduce murder count maybe a long timer or to pay for your sins. Also 600 skillcap is totally bs. Just for survival you need around that. If I want to play as a loner wanderer etc I wont be able to do anything useful at all. Increase skillcap so people can experience all aspects of the game but make skillgain hard. I really want this game to succeed. Also I want to see that our money put in good use.

You would have to "oppss bad aim" a minimum of 5 times (with no praise, if you praise just 3 times you would have to kill someone 6 times) who is not a criminal, before going below -50.

If someone is that inept, then they deserve being red.

Kingdom of Hyperion founding Duchy - A practical RP Community est. 1999 - Apply Today!

Genral_Kairon

Post by Genral_Kairon » 05 Jan 2015, 02:20

My answer is no.
I pay this alpha to support the developement, not more.
You sell to me an object that is not completely done, and now you ask me to pay more for what?
I'm thinking to stop playing if this game become like a mediaval version of WoW or similar.
What about all those guys that are building up them fortress on "novice" island?all a waste of time?

Kaelz

Post by Kaelz » 08 Jan 2015, 18:07

I realize that I am almost a year late to the discussion - but just wanted to add my 2cents as I recently found this post.

I purchased this game about 3 weeks ago after quitting ArcheAge, instantly fell in love and rented a dedicated server that has now become one of the more popular servers in the game (50+ people on average day, US) - however - one thing about this post that has really deterred me from putting any more time and money or thought into playing the MMO is the mention of getting "100 personal cells for free". That line speaks to me more than any of the character fees.

I don't mind paying to move a character to the "main land" or whatnot (albeit I think you should get to move 2 the first time, then 1 each time after) but the idea of protected housing everywhere is bogus. The main draw of this game was that you can build anywhere and do whatever, but that will all you can build anywhere (as long as you get there first) because I will never be able to siege their camp and take their spot over if its better. Even if its randomized locations, someone will get a great spot and never lose it.

I mulled over this 100 cell concept for a few days now and have come to accept it .. but what I cannot accept is that the word "free" was included in there.. that leads me to believe that I will be able to pay for more. Hear me out.

Now I'm not the greatest at math.. but bare with me for am moment. I see no reason to include the word free unless that means that I also had the option to buy more. Lets just say I could buy more land at .. $50.00 USD per 100 cells. What stops me from buying $2,000 USD worth of cells ? I would imagine nothing..

Now .. I don't know the specifics but I would think if I am paying real money for the land I know what I am purchasing first - I can't imagine too many people buying land in a massive mmo game that will be in a random area possibly away from all their other stuff / guild. So what if I purchase my 40 blocks (100 cells each) of land and place 10 across, 10 down on all 4 sides and leave the middle empty.. Get a little help to build a palisade wall (because they are easy, then upgrade to stone) and build it on the outside tiles (400 tiles worth of fence) then I effectively walled off another 6,400 tiles inside my protected area of 4,000 tiles, giving me over 10,000 tiles to use.

If I understand correctly from the post my walls would be protected from all player damage and decay, so I would never have to worry about anyone getting inside and gaining access to my 6,400 unprotected tiles in the middle.

I just absolutely hate the idea of having things that cannot be damaged and destroyed - isn't that already one of the biggest problems in LiF:YO ?

TL;DR - Protected cells are bs. they are gamebreaking to a true sandbox game because whales will take up so much room you can never get back and push all your other fish out. see ArcheAge. :bad:

Spentec

Post by Spentec » 09 Jan 2015, 09:45

Pay for lands ?!?

Screw that !
I'm a conqueror !

I propose this thing for lands:

Let's say it's like America at the begging of the MMO. First come, first taken.

Ok, good for you, now let's say you have somewhere on your lands, something, that proove that's your lands. Like a contract (paper) that can be stored/hidden, or like an object, that you can place where you want.

That's your lands, you can Unclaim it, or you can sell it !
You can sell it to other player with ingame money/items.

(I'LL NOT PAY REAL MONEY FOR LANDS, only for alt char.)

So i can sell it to one player or make a gambling/bet on it with 2 other players, my lands, my choise.

And yeah, screw that, im a conqueror, i have tekken your lands little lord, i found your contrat/object that prooves your claim, erazed your name and put it mine, or the name of my Lord maybe.

B2P + alt char is enought spent monney.

Kaelz

Post by Kaelz » 09 Jan 2015, 17:56

Bobik wrote:Greetings!

This is a really important poll for our Life is Feudal world. Please, take a few minutes of your precious time to read it all through and make a final decision about your opinion on that matter. Thank you in advance ;)

Background
2. Every player will be able to claim at least 100 in-game cells for free for their personal use which will be protected from any type of damage (including other players’ damage) and decay.

Taking everything mentioned above into consideration, could you please answer a Question?

Question
Would you be willing to pay for EVERY character you want to transfer from Newbie island to the main continent? How much would you be willing to pay for the first character? How much for the second, and so on?

Our current vision is that every player will be able to create and recreate as many characters as he or she wishes, to quickly test the starting skills in different crafting fields, or to test different starting combat skills or simply to get familiar with LiF gameplay. Once the player feels ready for a big world, a single payment of 20 Euro will transfer his main toon to the main land (just like it would if you’ve bought the full game).
If a player wishes to bring over additional toons for more versatility, he will be charged 10 Euros for each one (this amount could be less depending on different offers, deals or discounts). This system should also discourage random, senseless PKing and naked ganking (when players do not care about their alignment and simply grief everyone around, relying on the fact that they can simply create a new toon with a good alignment and continue their actions).
At least only TRUE random PKs should be permitted, who are both “ok” with the hardcore loss of skills and are very badass for that reason ;)

Anyway, looking forward for your answers and comments!

This is what I was referring to. #2 is phrased in a way that to me says I will be able to buy more than 100 cells after claiming my first 100 for free. Otherwise, why wouldn't it be "each character gets 100 cells" and leave it at that? The word generally means I can buy it as well. If I am mistaken and you cannot buy any additional protected cells, then I have no major gamebreaking complaints other than I still think ANY protected areas that can never be demolished is lame, but I could live with it as long as you can't buy more than the 100 you start with.

Azzerhoden
Alpha Tester

Post by Azzerhoden » 10 Jan 2015, 05:44

Kaelz wrote:
Bobik wrote:Greetings!

This is a really important poll for our Life is Feudal world. Please, take a few minutes of your precious time to read it all through and make a final decision about your opinion on that matter. Thank you in advance ;)

Background
2. Every player will be able to claim at least 100 in-game cells for free for their personal use which will be protected from any type of damage (including other players’ damage) and decay.

Taking everything mentioned above into consideration, could you please answer a Question?

Question
Would you be willing to pay for EVERY character you want to transfer from Newbie island to the main continent? How much would you be willing to pay for the first character? How much for the second, and so on?

Our current vision is that every player will be able to create and recreate as many characters as he or she wishes, to quickly test the starting skills in different crafting fields, or to test different starting combat skills or simply to get familiar with LiF gameplay. Once the player feels ready for a big world, a single payment of 20 Euro will transfer his main toon to the main land (just like it would if you’ve bought the full game).
If a player wishes to bring over additional toons for more versatility, he will be charged 10 Euros for each one (this amount could be less depending on different offers, deals or discounts). This system should also discourage random, senseless PKing and naked ganking (when players do not care about their alignment and simply grief everyone around, relying on the fact that they can simply create a new toon with a good alignment and continue their actions).
At least only TRUE random PKs should be permitted, who are both “ok” with the hardcore loss of skills and are very badass for that reason ;)

Anyway, looking forward for your answers and comments!

This is what I was referring to. #2 is phrased in a way that to me says I will be able to buy more than 100 cells after claiming my first 100 for free. Otherwise, why wouldn't it be "each character gets 100 cells" and leave it at that? The word generally means I can buy it as well. If I am mistaken and you cannot buy any additional protected cells, then I have no major gamebreaking complaints other than I still think ANY protected areas that can never be demolished is lame, but I could live with it as long as you can't buy more than the 100 you start with.

That is not entirely accurate. If you build a monument for your guild and those personal claim spots are within that monument, then those claims can be taken over. Bobik has indicated as such several times.

Further, I believe personal claims do have to be maintained (or the decay away), and you are free to attack/subdue/kill those whose spots you want to take, harassing them to the point they no longer log in.

Ontrose
Devoted Believer

Post by Ontrose » 23 Jan 2015, 14:14

Tough questions, as long as bobik doesnt explicit responds to it.

The way i see it:
You can claim 100 Cells as PERSONAL CLAIM (probably you can increase it by 10 Cells or so via authority skill?)

And on the other hand we got guild/kingdom etc claims.

Lets say you have 10 people and claimed a good portion of the land with the monument. And each of you got (outside of that area) his 100 cells claimed.
If you add 1/10th of the guild claim + your own claim you get more then 100.
Of course guild claim isnt strictly YOURS alone, but the way i would handle it is, (in a small guild/town) everybody got his own territory to use for his own purposes.
Just like in feudal times the King(or what offical whatsoever) says you can build there, and use that land to feed the family.

On that note you can have 100+ X "rented" land from they guild/town/kingdom.

Thats how i see it ^^
The problem is: The mechanics are not done yet, so its hard to explicit say WHAT will be there and what will not. Plans change, so they keep such stuff a bit "vague" or open.

I think its more interessant, how do you claim it? Do you claim one field and the other fields get claimed in a special form (so you have claimed 10x10 fields) or do you claim each field individual.

So you can claim a circle of Walls, build walls there and probably have 300 fields in it, which nobody can access, since they cant get over the walls...

here a little picture to make it clear:

O = initial claim position
X =claimed land
+ =unclaimed lan

1#

++++++
+XXXXX+
+XXXXX+
+XXOXX+
+XXXXX+
+XXXXX+
++++++

or

+++++++++++
+XXXXXXXXXX+
+X+++++++X+
+X+++++++X+
+X+++++++X+
+X+++++++X+
+XXXXXXXXXX+
+++++++++++

I think that should demonstrate it.
There is no "O" in the second picture cos you claim each field individual

Azzerhoden
Alpha Tester

Post by Azzerhoden » 23 Jan 2015, 16:40

Unclear at the moment, but currently you claim certain buildings, such as a hut. Once claimed you would conceivably own up to 100 cells around you. Remember that the amount of land that is claimed is tied to your leadership skill.

Astapor

Post by Astapor » 27 Jan 2015, 13:29

Azzerhoden wrote:
Morningstaric wrote:I think having a no turn back on murderer status is very very wrong. Just bad aim with that bow and ooops you killed the wrong guy and you lose your character and its progress if you want to play with good karma. Specially with current mechanics it will happen alot. I think there should be a way to reduce murder count maybe a long timer or to pay for your sins. Also 600 skillcap is totally bs. Just for survival you need around that. If I want to play as a loner wanderer etc I wont be able to do anything useful at all. Increase skillcap so people can experience all aspects of the game but make skillgain hard. I really want this game to succeed. Also I want to see that our money put in good use.

You would have to "oppss bad aim" a minimum of 5 times (with no praise, if you praise just 3 times you would have to kill someone 6 times) who is not a criminal, before going below -50.

Genral_Kairon wrote:My answer is no.
You sell to me an object that is not completely done, and now you ask me to pay more for what?

you'll get 1 free slot to play with in the main island. i think is a fair solution to reward people who has supported the game in his early stage. what do you want more? being able to create infinite characters? that would be to much.

Stonefall
True Believer

Post by Stonefall » 15 Feb 2015, 22:07

It seems ok when it just the character who will be payed. I hope u dont plan to make content payeable for Real money.

Marares

Post by Marares » 22 Feb 2015, 16:02

Buenas, hoy compre el juego en la pagina oficial pero no me sale nada ¿donde puedo descargarlo?. gracias de antemano :%)

Remystemple

Post by Remystemple » 26 Feb 2015, 21:34

Sorry but i find it very very hard to believe that the majority wants to pay more for more characters. how bout a poll on another site not run by the devs. lol

Aurellian

Post by Aurellian » 26 Feb 2015, 23:05

I would like to know whether anyone who buys the mmo is going to pay the $39.99 that a lot if not most of us paid before answering the poll. I say this because if the client is free or cheaper and comes with the one slot, those of us who bought this current version may be being slighted, slightly. Other than that, if they have to pay $39.99 and only get the one slot i'm game and say.. :beer: or :good:

Lsvanatt

Post by Lsvanatt » 13 Mar 2015, 20:22

Astapor wrote:
Azzerhoden wrote:

Genral_Kairon wrote:My answer is no.

you'll get 1 free slot to play with in the main island. i think is a fair solution to reward people who has supported the game in his early stage. what do you want more? being able to create infinite characters? that would be to much.

Well...maybe 2 characters?

Airco

Post by Airco » 05 Apr 2015, 11:50

i selected
Yes, I am willing to pay for every character and the price looks reasonable.
HOWEVER a skillcap of 600 is to low imo, youl end up whit people that are forced to just become farmers for the entire kingdom and others wil just be doing the slaughtering. fun a idea bhut i think history has proven that in any game it is the minority that has no issues to do the healing, herbalism, farming (and now all of us remember how hard it is to find a healer in ANY mmorpg or pure tank to take dammage, dam dealers abundant in general)
i eather go for option to have 2 chars whit 1000points (1trader char sorta and 1 combat char) or 2000points and 1 char
Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mark2
Cpu: intel I5-4690 3.5Ghz
Cpu cooler: thermaltake Frio Extreme Silent 14 Dual
Mem: Corsair 16gb, Cmy16gx3m2a2133c11r
Gpu: Geforce 970, Asus STRIX GTX970 DC2OC 4GD5
Soundcard: Creative Soundblaster Z
HD: SAMSUNG 75E250RW SSD 850 EVO 250 GB

StaalBurgher

Post by StaalBurgher » 06 Apr 2015, 21:46

Wow, my eyes are watering from scanning through this whole discussion. Interesting topic. I have a lot to say, sorry for long post, but maybe some will find it interesting.

PAYMENT MODEL
Some good points have been made that a monthly subscription will be a hurdle to attract new players given the industry. The problem is that paying a once off fee cannot be enough to finance the continual maintenance/development of the game. That is the unfortunate reality. Unless of course you have a cash shop but that cash shop will have to generate A LOT to make up for no subscription income. Is that doable with only frivolous cosmetic items? I doubt it and although I am no industry expect from what I can see cash shops work when you are selling time-savers, i.e. skill gain bonuses etc = undermines in-game skill loss penalties.

So unfortunately... subscriptions are necessary.

$20 for first character + $5-10 pm subscription, $5 for additional characters. Shared reputation across your account. For RP reasons, not shared surname.

The shared reputation will not stop alt griefers but at least make them pay for getting the alt account which you actively seek out and ban.

None of this is perfect but there is no perfect system.

ALIGNMENT/GRIEFING/PvP-only
I have this feeling people still don't get the reality of why games like DF/MO struggle (not necessarily fail, let me be clear on that). I would like to think all of us would like LiF to have more than a "few" thousand total active subs 12 months after launch.

There are two aspects of the problem an open-PvP game faces;
- The majority of highly competitive PvPers will band together in a sub-section of such themed clans due to shared mindset instead of being spread around reasonably evenly.
- These PvP clans essentially force everyone else to play "their" game. RPG immersion is already low due to the open ended nature of a sandbox game. Eventually the players that have interest outside of only PvP get frustrated trying to find/maintain any semblance of an RPG game and quit. This leaves everyone poorer.

It is a sorry process whereby the more and more elite PvPers (let us for argument's sake say the top 20% of the ever reducing remaining population) cannibalizes the game until only those who are mainly interested in PvP are left. At this point the game reaches a stable equilibrium and Voila! You have MO/DF as they stand today; PvP arenas. So sad compared to when at launch we dared dream of realistic sandbox worlds that would support multiple player types. Multiple player types being essential if you want a subscription count higher than a "few" thousand.

The purpose of an alignment system should be to direct PvP to legitimate targets, i.e. realms that are at war with each other, 90%+ of PvP should take place there.

People will join this game with varied expectations of which PvP will only be one aspect. In nearly every open PvP game the PvP aspect crushes the life out of everything else. People don't mind losing, they do mind not being able to play the game they imagined a sandbox medieval world to entail.

For this reason any non-legitimate PvP needs to have very harsh penalties. I see some say the skill loss will be harsh. Well, it will be impossible to avoid alts and thus some side stepping of these penalties. I don't believe the very survival of a game should be entrusted to such a mechanic alone.

The majority of competitive players will want a part of the political landscape, i.e. kingdoms. It must be required that they apply non-abusive rules of behaviour to members. Clans that do so should gain tangible in-game competitive advantages. Enough to make political gameplay and indiscriminate griefing/PvPing untenable. Thus making it a non-negotiable for any group that aspires to be a political force to have zero tolerance towards griefing or non-legitimate PvP. Non-war related PvP should be scarce unless it is really a lone band of thugs with no political leanings who can be effectively hunted by a local community and force them to leave or render them completely ineffectual.

That_Raider

Post by That_Raider » 10 Apr 2015, 15:44

I like the idea of paying for characters
This will make people value their character even more and think twice before going on a griefing/killing spree. Cause if they die constantly, they'll have to grind 24/7 to catch up to their skills they have lost.

Instead of rage quitting from that character and start griefing on another character with a high skill set.

Plus this will stop people from having 10 accounts, all of them, being bots and doing all of the work.

This system will stop abuse, and make the game more realstic, since people will value their character more, and be more activate on that certain character.

Dahel

Post by Dahel » 11 Apr 2015, 20:04

Bobik wrote:It ....

I will pay 4 transfer, for those chars which is right now in YO. Not kind created new char in new world in newbie land, ive spend already for my chars 200+- hrs just for setup monster attributes. (UO championship)
oh yes, chars was created in official 10 server, so its fear to do transfer as nothing was modded via console

Weaky

Post by Weaky » 19 May 2015, 01:48

In my opinion, having too many characters in one account in Life is Feudal might develop a new kind of gameplay.
For Example you have two character, One will be your main, and One for underhanded tactics :evil: .

For easy going players - the very basic and annoying , pking and griefing.

For hardcore role playing players.( will required time and effort) 8-)
After joining and gaining the trust of the guild that you want to attack or exploit. you can do the following:
1. Spying (numbers of potential enemies,if inside their castle or fortifications - mine/tunnel locations) so that your main guild can make a tunnel directly to their base.
2. Stealing (of armors , tools and resources ) and giving them to your main guild.
3. Sabotage (by dismantling their key structures) then attack with your main guild.
4. Betrayal (by opening all the gates directly leading to their monument) then send a signal to your main guild to attack with full cavalry, basically a blitz.
5.Influencing their guild decision(who are the enemies and allys).
6.Becoming their leader(basically making a merc or a puppet kingdom)
7.Spreading confusion like guild chat spamming, false information, firing arrows behind their backs, disorgainizing their organize storage chest :D and others that i might and don't know about.

And for large group of hardcore players that you trusted or better yet friends that have time, effort and a goal to rule and make an EMPIRE.
Which i don't know if it will work(because it required large quantity of players 15 – 40 and have 2 or more characters) or should i even post it because others my copy my idea and exploit it. No offence because everyone wants to rule an Empire. ;)

volkofff961
True Believer

Post by volkofff961 » 26 Jun 2015, 22:49

Willing to pay...and the price looks reasonable.

But MMO version should be fully made, no bugs. Otherwise taking these money is not fair.

Roadkill

Post by Roadkill » 08 Jul 2015, 11:43

I would pay more than what is proposed for a first and subsequent character. In fact, for me, I would pay a subscription in order to have a sustainable revenue flow to the devs to make the game better over time. i worry that a one time charge business model gives the game no future in terms of cash in the bank to continue to evolve it.

Aside, I think that Eve Online got at least one thing right in that they use real life time as a factor in rate limiting progress. It has its downsides but you really dont want people rushing to the end game too quickly.

What would I pay (I am not saying anyone else would pay this...just me)?

* I would pay $14 per month on a month to month basis for a first character. $10 per month if i pay a year in advance.
* I would pay $5 per month for subsequent characters. $3/year if I pay in advance. I would limit additional characters to a couple. I would not allow multiple characters on one account to be logged in at the same time.
* I would pay a lot more money as part of a fundraiser if it came with some unique/interesting benefits (say $1000).

All of the above said, I am on the older side of gamers and probably not characteristic of the total population you are trying to capture with this game.

Briannian

Post by Briannian » 21 Jul 2015, 22:06

I'm new here, so probably missed this discussion. Still, for what it's worth, I'd like to make some suggestions. I admit, I only read about 1/2 of the 30 pages of the discussion, so these might have been touched on already. I apologize for the GREAT WALL OF TEXT.

1. Raise the first character transfer cost (from 20 to 30 or even 40 euro) to discourage alternate accounts. The newbie island is free to try, so people can test the game and see if they like it. Make sure the newbie island is a realistic test of the game including a good test of whether the game runs well on the player's hardware. It would suck to spend so much on a game to find out you can't play it for technical reasons.

2. Adjust the availability/price to subsequent characters as follows:
a. Lower the price of ALTS, or even make them free, but put some safeguards in place.
b. Limit the number of character slots to 2 or 3, ESPECIALLY if they are on the same server. To go beyond that number a new expensive account must be acquired, or previous characters deleted.
c. Limit how often a new character may be created on the same server - say only once every 30 days or even 90 days.
d. Implement a "cool down" period from logging out on one
character and logging into an alt THAT IS ON THE SAME SERVER.

These safeguards will help in a number of ways. It will encourage the in-game economy. Ideally, you want players trading with other players, NOT characters trading with same player characters. It will also prevent players from using multiple characters in the same battle. It will make meta-gaming and spying inconvenient and expensive.

3. In lieu of lost revenue on the additional character creation and to promote longterm health of the game, a small monthly fee is reasonable, maybe 4-5 euro. If the game is as good as its potential and you can discourage the griefers and cheaters, people will pay that much for it.

These fees seem expensive, and especially some people don't like the monthly fee, but people are willing to pay for a good experience. On a per hour basis, it's not a lot of money. For good content and performance, it's very inexpensive. A sandbox game like this could go for years and not get old if griefers are controlled and the performance of the game is maintained, even with only occasional content updates. The attraction is the experience of community, of the political intrigue and of the danger of raids and war, so long as the playing field is level.

There have been so many games that have tried many different models, and most have either imploded, fizzled, crashed and burned, or sold out. I hope LiF is beats the odds.

teiubescmicutzamea

So what if my charcter die?

Post by teiubescmicutzamea » 14 Aug 2015, 21:56

If my chatacter is killed by another player? What happen then?
If my character die I need to pay for another character??
This price is only for aditional characters with best chosen skills? So your first start character is free if start from basic skills, or random skills?
Sorry! I don't speak verry good english!

Malaky
True Believer

Post by Malaky » 04 Oct 2015, 20:55

Im new to the community so forgive me if ideas i propose or comments i make have already been made.

On free newbie island and 20euro per char to move to mainland - almost perfect.
I would like see it like pay for family name 15 and member of family 5 so player need to pay 20 with the first family member entering mainland. Every another family member would reqire only 5euro to advance. Alignment and some dependancies like membership in guild would be one for every member of a family. E erything else would be separate.
If the player wants to start new family then again 15 for new family and 5 for every character in it.
That way players can crate multiple characters for their own benefit or for guilds benefit (a warrior, smelter, farmer, trader).

If player want to start fresh then let him pay additionaly and if it is just extend ten let him pay just for extention.

For additional 5 player would be able to transfer character from one family to another on same account and lets say 20 to transfer from one account to another.
Naturally that would create market for characters and would bring profit to devs/pubs. No official mechanism for character trading included. Transfer would be seen as a gift from regulations point of view.

What do you think? Something new or proposed already?

Seawulf
Beta Tester

Post by Seawulf » 07 Dec 2015, 05:18

I think that the second character 10 euro fee is a bit high but it is ok if you guys wanna keep people from abusing alts, but I think that perhaps play time should also unlock new characters slots.
Like, the more hours/days/months you play, a new slot would be unlocked in time, so this rewards people who actually play the game a lot.

Kingsly

Post by Kingsly » 08 Jan 2016, 15:10

Hello,

While I enjoy the game as it is, if the mmo is released and there is a fee to purchase the access to the main island, i may never play this game again. I do not like the idea of paying for the game twice since I've already bought it. That's the same as buying a game, and having the main campaign behind another $35. In the game industry this happens alot, you have an awesome game. Please don't ruin it by trying to make people buy something they have already bought. It's an insult to the gaming community and the very people who play the game. I love LiF: your own, and if thats the case, a majority (40% or more) may never touch the mmo...that would be sad. Please don't do this, the gaming community has to suffer enough of the extra pay for what should already be part of the game.

However, there is an alternative to this.
If I paid for the game, and received my first character free, after some training on noob island (used with in game currency only, to make sure they are trained up). Characters after that can be unlocked after x amount of time, and for an additional price, but something reasonable, yet discourages just screwing up characters. IE $4.99 or, depending on the results of it, 7.99 or something. Not to much, but enough to make it worth playing right.

If you were to charge a monthly subscription, please make the initial cost free or cheap, as it is more expensive for the consumer in the long run. If this was $20 or less, with a $14 or so per month charge, it would be more reasonable. If possible, let the first month be included in the initial price. That way, you as devs are getting in some $$$ as well as the players being respected, and not as cash cows. Also, since you'll be receiving regular income, it would be more beneficial to keep the game up and running with fresh concepts/items as well as support.

I love this game, and I can't wait for the MMO (I personally have 6 of my friends who can't wait to try it, and would love it we are lif: yo's.) Just, from one passionate gamer to the other, please respect us, it will only pay off for everyone in the end. :beer:
Best,
Kingsly.

Jar

Post by Jar » 21 Jan 2016, 17:05

I only have one character. But, I have to say, I've already paid $40 to own this game, and I would not feel comfortable with being charged again to be able to actually play. For those that own "Your Own", I think they should have access to more than 1 free character slot. That's just my two-cents.

If we do see a pay per character model, I think it is important that there are options to re customize your character. Without having to pay more money because you want a cosmetic change made.

Airco

Post by Airco » 22 Jan 2016, 14:51

its not 1 character slot, its 1 character
deleting your char wil not grant u a open slot for a other char
Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mark2
Cpu: intel I5-4690 3.5Ghz
Cpu cooler: thermaltake Frio Extreme Silent 14 Dual
Mem: Corsair 16gb, Cmy16gx3m2a2133c11r
Gpu: Geforce 970, Asus STRIX GTX970 DC2OC 4GD5
Soundcard: Creative Soundblaster Z
HD: SAMSUNG 75E250RW SSD 850 EVO 250 GB