Indiegogo Refunds

General discussion about Life is Feudal MMO and Life is Feudal: Your Own, The main section and backbone of the forums.
Dleatherus
Beta Tester

Indiegogo Refunds

Post by Dleatherus » 02 Dec 2013, 20:12

is the amount we donated refunded to the account we sent it from automatically, or do we need to file a claim with Indiegogo for the refund?

ty

Siegbert
Alpha Tester

Re: Indiegogo Refunds

Post by Siegbert » 02 Dec 2013, 21:14

Like to know that too... it wasn't transfered back to my paypal automatically. Maybe it takes some time :-?

Bobik
Project Leader

Post by Bobik » 02 Dec 2013, 22:51

I wonder, why do you ask here? :) Ask indiegogo.com support or better read some FAQ - I'm sure they must have info about that.

Cian
Alpha Tester

Post by Cian » 03 Dec 2013, 00:30

I'm sure what Bobik means is that he will look into it but in the mean time you might get a faster response if you contact Indiego support directly or check their FAQ to see if it's been asked before. :evil:
Lord Cian Khan
Baron of Deephold,
Gul Khan of House of Khans
Great Khan of the Tribal lands

HOUSE OF KHANS
http://www.houseofkhans.com

HOK DISCORD
https://discord.gg/NRB3DR3

Bobik
Project Leader

Post by Bobik » 03 Dec 2013, 09:29

Well, if you don't receive your funds in a week from campaign closure then it is a good reason to start a shitstorm on their support and I am more then willing to support that.

But I just want to clarify, that even though we had started OUR campaign on indiegogo.com we have NO ways to affect on indiegogo.com and we had NEVER had your money during that campaign.
Indiegogo.com received money from you, they are keeping them and they should return them to you.

We can do nothing except spamming their support together with you.

Siegbert
Alpha Tester

Post by Siegbert » 03 Dec 2013, 14:50

I know. I was just wondering when they would refund the donors... Maybe some here had already experiences with indiegogo.

Dleatherus
Beta Tester

Post by Dleatherus » 03 Dec 2013, 14:58

I had asked here since I thought:
(a) having set up the indiegogo campaign you might have been familiar with the procedure
(b) it might have been informative for others

I did find this in their help center:

For Contributors
Fixed Funding campaigns

Contributions made to any fixed funding campaign will be refunded in full if the campaign has not met its funding goal by its deadline. Contributors will receive these refunds in their PayPal account within 5 days after the campaign's end.

Since the LiF campaign was fixed funding we should expect to see our Paypal accounts credited by the end of the week

Bobik
Project Leader

Post by Bobik » 03 Dec 2013, 16:13

I see your reasons. Sorry if I have sounded a bit harsh at first reply. :oops:

Dleatherus
Beta Tester

Post by Dleatherus » 03 Dec 2013, 17:13

Apology accepted

you did come over harsh but i can also see where you were coming from - all's good

Dleatherus
Beta Tester

Post by Dleatherus » 04 Dec 2013, 17:31

update - i just got refunded my 400 euro from indiegogo - to paypal - paypal then automatically credited the card that I used to make the payment
I didn't have to contact paypal or indiegogo - it went very smoothly

Siegbert
Alpha Tester

Post by Siegbert » 04 Dec 2013, 17:38

Dleatherus wrote:update - i just got refunded my 400 euro from indiegogo - to paypal - paypal then automatically credited the card that I used to make the payment
I didn't have to contact paypal or indiegogo - it went very smoothly

400, wow. Now you're committed :D

Also got my 35 back ^^

Telakh
Alpha Tester

Post by Telakh » 05 Dec 2013, 12:37

You can forward them directly via pay-pal to support developers just because it is too complicated to organise kickstarter at this point.
I am sure they will grant the same privileges to the donators as they were enlisted on Indiegogo.
ImageYou are entering    Time ParadoxImage

Arrakis

Post by Arrakis » 05 Dec 2013, 12:52

Telakh wrote:You can forward them directly via pay-pal to support developers just because it is too complicated to organise kickstarter at this point.
I am sure they will grant the same privileges to the donators as they were enlisted on Indiegogo.

True, Bobik said that top 100 donators will get instant alpha access, so it's really worth donating at this point.

Also as you said kickstarter is not an option, but when the alpha starts, before or after that Bobik will start Steam Greenlight campaign, there it has greater chance of succeeding.

Return to General Discussion