Alternative to Indiegogo

General discussion about Life is Feudal MMO and Life is Feudal: Your Own, The main section and backbone of the forums.

Siegbert
Alpha Tester

Alternative to Indiegogo

Post by Siegbert » 04 Nov 2013, 15:12

I'm sorry to bring it up again but I think given the current growth, LiF will probably not meet its crowdfunding goal.
If that happens all the money spent will go back to the donors and you guys will have nothing of it.

So I think you'll have to come up with an alternative as I believe no one wants to see this promising project come to a premature end.

Having seen this over at Gloria Victis', they failed their initial kickstarter and prepare for a new one any time soon.
In the meantime they gave us fans the opportunity to donate and also get an early pre-alpha access to the game which quite some people took advantage of as far as I can tell.

I think you could do the same thing (after the crowd funding campaign has ended of course).

Just let us help you! :)

Kuroi
Alpha Tester

Re: Alternative to Indiegogo

Post by Kuroi » 04 Nov 2013, 15:28

Siegbert wrote:In the meantime they gave us fans the opportunity to donate and also get an early pre-alpha access to the game which quite some people took advantage of as far as I can tell.

they are able to do that cause GV has instances, it's not a seamless open world like LiF, letting so many people enter a so early stage as alpha won't help... it will create more issues than benefits lol

EiresJason
Alpha Tester

Post by EiresJason » 04 Nov 2013, 15:39

What they need is much better 'donation rewards'.

€150 to get into the first alpha stage is so stupid.

Or €80 to get into the final Closed Beta stage that will probably last like a week or something.

They need to revamp the rewards. I just saw a video on MMOrpg's youtube channel and was instantly interested in this game. Then I wen't to the Indiegogo page and just facepalmed.

Siegbert
Alpha Tester

Post by Siegbert » 04 Nov 2013, 15:40

Kuroi wrote:they are able to do that cause GV has instances, it's not a seamless open world like LiF, letting so many people enter a so early stage as alpha won't help... it will create more issues than benefits lol

Where did you get that from? There certainly is a developer build and a pre-alpha one for the testers but apart from that there are no instances.

And there also isn't an overcrowding problem. There's a bunch of guys active on the forums who occassionally lock in the game to test things out.

LiF will be no different.

Kuroi
Alpha Tester

Post by Kuroi » 04 Nov 2013, 16:01

EiresJason wrote:What they need is much better 'donation rewards'.

€150 to get into the first alpha stage is so stupid.

Or €80 to get into the final Closed Beta stage that will probably last like a week or something.

They need to revamp the rewards. I just saw a video on MMOrpg's youtube channel and was instantly interested in this game. Then I wen't to the Indiegogo page and just facepalmed.

alpha 1 is just behind the corner if they succeed with the campaign, i already talked about it here post3574/#p3574

Siegbert wrote:
Kuroi wrote:they are able to do that cause GV has instances, it's not a seamless open world like LiF, letting so many people enter a so early stage as alpha won't help... it will create more issues than benefits lol

Where did you get that from? There certainly is a developer build and a pre-alpha one for the testers but apart from that there are no instances.

And there also isn't an overcrowding problem. There's a bunch of guys active on the forums who occassionally lock in the game to test things out.

LiF will be no different.

"that" what? i tried GV alpha and i don't remember a seamless openworld, there was a loading screen somewhere, can't recall now since i tried it just a day, i didn't like the game at all.

lol at the bunch of active guys who lock the game to test stuff, imagine the whine of thousand of people who bought the alpha...

check this by Bobik btw:

post3641/#p3641

Siegbert
Alpha Tester

Post by Siegbert » 04 Nov 2013, 18:01

Kuroi wrote:"that" what? i tried GV alpha and i don't remember a seamless openworld, there was a loading screen somewhere

Well, we shouldn't talk about the GV alpha in public, but there is no instancing at all.

lol at the bunch of active guys who lock the game to test stuff, imagine the whine of thousand of people who bought the alpha...

Whatever, I don't want them to sell out alpha access if they don't want to. I want them to give us the opportunity to give them money for free after the kickstarter failed so the game doesn't have to die ^^

finalreview
Alpha Tester

Post by finalreview » 04 Nov 2013, 23:41

I believe his point is a LiF run crowd funding before a high quality Kickstarter down the road. If every person who has donated so far received alpha that would be a total of 35 people. I'm pretty sure they could deal with that many people. There could be some type of system setup for us to help keep them going till the game is more developed. Maybe the devs could do some live streams or put out development videos to create more hype for the game. Who knows we could end up with a high quality trailer, new perks with different prices, and a larger following before it even launches.

Also let me be first to offer myself to be the USA needed member for the Kickstarter. I will be putting up my first born son as collateral, he will have fun in Russia while the campaign goes on.

Romulan

Post by Romulan » 06 Nov 2013, 02:39

I'm from the USA also and looking forward to the game, plan on making my contribution soon.

trashman
Alpha Tester

Post by trashman » 06 Nov 2013, 15:51

I completely understand Bobik's idea that having many people in alpha/beta testing is a bad idea. The server can hardly deal with 10 people before crashing. So I know why he can't offer that many slots for testing.

I have an idea that might help satisfy the developers and the prospective gamers. I saw how you broke up testing into different stages and allowed even few to participate in early stages. That is a good idea, but perhaps you can take that idea and expand it even more so more people can play without stressing the server too much.

You could have the server available to possibly hundreds of users a day. If you would allow people who pledge at a lower level(20-30eu) would be able to enter some stage of testing and just give them a set time they have access to the server. You could allow groups of 10-20 on at a time with a window of maby a few hours a day. Allow for the higher pledges to have choice of their window slow and lower levels to have less priority or not even a choice at all.

This is something that I would definitely pay for and it solves your conflict of having way too many people online. It also solves the problem of people who see the funding page and are blown away of the price to play in beta(80eu).

I hope this can help you Bobik.

Bobik
Project Leader

Post by Bobik » 06 Nov 2013, 16:15

Well, that was too harsh about 10 ppl ;) That was a nightly build and crashes were not because of amount of ppl, but rather because of stressed development times we had to make that build, that was created only for film making :)
As about your idea, we will just keep on working to present our servers cluster that would work normally and handle good load. But of course we will start from more local tests to weed out most obvious bugs and crashes. And when these are done - we will be able to handle hundreds of online, i hope 8-)

Wundte

Post by Wundte » 17 Nov 2013, 13:27

Why dont you try Steam Greenlight? I think its a greate way to get game running. The game "Stanley Parrable" got access with just a few art pictures.

I also talked with my friends, they would buy early access for 15-20$/

Arrakis

Post by Arrakis » 17 Nov 2013, 13:29

Wundte wrote:Why dont you try Steam Greenlight? I think its a greate way to get game running. The game "Stanley Parrable" got access with just a few art pictures.

I also talked with my friends, they would buy early access for 15-20$/

They actually had a demo released early, I think that's mostly how they succeeded.

Wundte

Post by Wundte » 17 Nov 2013, 13:31

They may also have some direct donation.

xenomonk1

Post by xenomonk1 » 26 Nov 2013, 06:21

There needs to be an open donation system with a "lay-away" system like star citizen, and shroud of the avatar are using... http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/cig/star-citizen , https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/ .

By offering something at several different levels with small incentives that can be built up you have a much higher potential to have return backers and also, more backers in general.

Allow players to build up into something similar to making payments but allowing them to just throw in 10-15 dollars here and there and get it bonused towards their maximum "donation/backing". This will allow users who don't have a lot of money up front or in one place all the time to still be able to donate high amounts of cash over an extended period of time rather than only lump sums of money at the time purchased.

Obviously the alpha buy-in is way too high for anyone other than a dedicated fan with a good amount of extra money laying around... Personally it's hard to want to buy in to anything now a days when 99% of games are trash, lie and don't reach any of the goals they describe before release... While this isn't the sole fault of the developers of this game, the consequences of this are consumers and potential investors who are tired of losing and having an unpolished unfinished game presented to them when it's all said and done.

Basically there needs to be more incentives with more things that allow a player to make payments and possible build into something larger with extensive small payments not only large lump sums.

Also, a direct donation paypal never hurts...

Dalix
Alpha Tester

Post by Dalix » 27 Nov 2013, 00:27

This needs to be addressed by the Devs as soon as possible. If Indiegogo campaign continue as is, it might turn out to be one of the worst campaign I've ever seen.

The sad part is that with that record, it will be impossible for the Devs to find some kind of publisher or any support. Just like toothpaste on a black tie, it will never go away.

Now, don't get me wrong, I don,t want this game to fail. I've contributed 220CAD$ to it (150EUR). But I fear that if the Devs don't publicize something soon, that fundraising will be a dirty mark impossible to remove.

Arrakis

Post by Arrakis » 27 Nov 2013, 01:40

Bobik somewhere told why campaign goes as it goes, but if it fails as soon as alpha will go live (which will happen somewhere between february and march) he will go with LiF to Steam Greenlight, where surely he will find more followers and where LiF will finally will get funding. No worries people, LiF cannot be stopped, only delayed.

Jeric
Alpha Tester

Post by Jeric » 29 Nov 2013, 06:15

Good to hear on that! I am from the USA and will support this game until its fruition. When I get more funds I want to give more than my measly 50 EU. Bobik thanks for having this dream and you have a supporter here for life. I know the Indiegogo campaign isn't going as well as expected but like stated above Life is Feudal isn't going down so easily! I will continue to spread the word and donate when I can.

Cian
Alpha Tester

Post by Cian » 30 Nov 2013, 23:50

I would gladly do a direct donation through a paypal link or somthing. The only reason I didn't contribute was because I was certain I'd end up getting my money back from Indiego.

Perhaps the rest of us could do the same?
Lord Cian Khan
Baron of Deephold,
Gul Khan of House of Khans
Great Khan of the Tribal lands

HOUSE OF KHANS
http://www.houseofkhans.com

HOK DISCORD
https://discord.gg/NRB3DR3

Kdchan
Beta Tester

Post by Kdchan » 06 Dec 2013, 12:35

What the devs of GV do is something very good, they fail the "kickstart", so they open for donations, and if you donate a minimun of 10 $ you can download the pre-alpah client and play, help testing the game, make suggestions and follow the game patch after patch till release.

They gain a large amount of money and with them they were able to buy motion capture hardware and hire more programmers.

I think LIF has very good sandbox features, and since i'm a old DF1 player i hope this game deliver, to be the true sandbox that DF unfortunately wasn't.

LiF devs, you should try this direct method of donations after you build up a playable alpha client, i'm sure you will benefit from this, at least till times are mature enought to make another kickstart campaign.
Played:
Darkfall: Unholy Wars
Ultima Online
EvE
LiF: YO

Siegbert
Alpha Tester

Post by Siegbert » 06 Dec 2013, 12:54

Kdchan wrote:They gain a large amount of money and with them they were able to buy motion capture hardware and hire more programmers.

I somehow doubt that they earned so much by the few guys on the forums who spent 10 bucks to get in...

Return to General Discussion