Possible to turn keeps into warehouse container?

Place for sharing your game modifications for Life is Feudal: Your Own

RudgerWolvram

Possible to turn keeps into warehouse container?

Post by RudgerWolvram » 15 Feb 2015, 03:03

So I'm toying around with trying to make a keep into a warehouse like container. I updated the obects_types table for keeps to mirror the properties of a warehouse (iscontainer, maxcontsize, length, etc).

However, for the life of me I cannot locate where in skill_types.xml that allows a client to have the "Open" option.
There are 2 open actions in the xml file, 1 for bags, etc.
The other for unmovable and movable objects.

So what appears to be happening is they have hardcoded the parent ID's for containers like chest,barrels,etc and warehouses into the client so the client always knows it can "open" those types of objects.

I tried creating another open ability with a high ID (so i didn't step on something) but that just broke things (which i expected as i created a conflict of actions).

So, has anyone ever done this and got it working without changing the parentID of the various keeps to that of "Storage" instead of "Fortificational Buildings"?

binart

Re: Possible to turn keeps into warehouse container?

Post by binart » 16 Feb 2015, 15:19

Have u changed both objects_types.xml and table in db?

RudgerWolvram

Post by RudgerWolvram » 16 Feb 2015, 19:22

Ahh, I didn't even notice the objects_types.xml in the client side. that might actually be the only thing that was missing. I was attempting to set it via the skills.xml and tell the client what it can use the "open" skill on. Didn't think about the client using the objects_types.xml to figure out what buildings are containers. I'll play with that.

SKuDD3r

Post by SKuDD3r » 17 Feb 2015, 16:04

I'm hoping eventually server can temp override client files... so you dont need to do this client/server stuff anymore.

RudgerWolvram

Post by RudgerWolvram » 17 Feb 2015, 19:15

yeah, I'm trying to do everything in my power to not make clientside changes because 1, you'll end up chasing feral rabbits when patches come down and 2, you kind of lock players into only playing on your server.

Luckily, the changes made to make this work at worst give the clients options that won't work on other servers but doesn't prevent them from playing on them.

Bigsteve

Post by Bigsteve » 17 Feb 2015, 21:36

I have just realised that a keep (at the moment) really has no other purpose, other than eye candy.
well saying that they are good look out posts, especially if put on a raised earth mound.

Remystemple

Post by Remystemple » 19 Feb 2015, 06:25

people should be backing up the original client files so they can play on another server , not very hard to do. and i made keeps claimable on my server, can set to home too. it's pretty awesome. and with movable lamp posts you can light the keeps : )

RudgerWolvram

Post by RudgerWolvram » 22 Feb 2015, 18:55

Remystemple wrote:people should be backing up the original client files so they can play on another server , not very hard to do. and i made keeps claimable on my server, can set to home too. it's pretty awesome. and with movable lamp posts you can light the keeps : )

That's why i wanted to make them claimable and act as warehouses since they take so much to build and should have the ability to "keep" things in them.

Return to Game mods