The Tavern

Why this game is better than any other.

Atiscross

The Tavern

Post by Atiscross » 11 Nov 2013, 23:05

LiF,

My name is Sam Tom Archer, aka Atiscross.

I propose that we develop and maintain an off-topic thread of off-topic... ness. LiF needs a place to relax and enjoy banter and warm beer!

What do you say, LiF?

*You open an old door. The scent of hoppy beers and a smokey hearth eminate from the opening. As you enter, the clatter of a tankard signals your welcome, as a lonely adventurer pours you a pint. You look around, seeing few inside, but you're not alone. ...*

:beer:

"Welcome to 'The Tavern', adventurer. Have a pint of warm beer and tell me all your stories."

Am I alone in looking forward to RPing in LiF? :friends:
"I will start anew/I will make amends/and I will make quite certain/that the story ends/on a note of hope/on a strong amen/and I'll thank the world/and remember when/I was able to begin again!"

the-tavern-t454/

Falke88
Alpha Tester

Re: The Tavern

Post by Falke88 » 12 Nov 2013, 14:34

Heya old fart,

Finally somebody made something interesting...

Beer !

Be sure to stay as a good ol' tavern-man when release is there. Mybe a good thing to have someone to tell them newbie players whats happening in our world as they leave the safe starter city walls ;)

Greets Charlie

Atiscross

Post by Atiscross » 12 Nov 2013, 20:45

I'm just a 22 year-old student. Not an old fart. :shock:

*You are sat down and see a sign atop the bar that reads: -The Spade and Blade Tavern-. Next to you, a stranger is enjoying a warm beer. "What brings you here, stranger? My name is Atiscross the Old." A beer in hand, you ponder the reason for your coming here. Do you seek to become rich? Or... Do you seek to become king? "You won't succeed, unless you prepare for war. You are new, but you'll learn. But for now, enjoy and be merry." Atiscross stands from his seat and stands beside the hearth; he leaves you to ponder your fate.*

Atiscross the Old enjoys being alone, but 'The Tavern' needs a few punters and a few lackies. So come-on in and take a seat.

:beer:

I'm going to keep the post-count up. Because I want the thread to do well and all - bah, humbug.

:fool:
"I will start anew/I will make amends/and I will make quite certain/that the story ends/on a note of hope/on a strong amen/and I'll thank the world/and remember when/I was able to begin again!"

the-tavern-t454/

Arrakis

Post by Arrakis » 12 Nov 2013, 21:37

Well, I might join as well since I love roleplaying, just didn't do that much in english. I will write about myself and the surroundings in 3rd person, as I used to.

*While you enjoy your stay, you hear tavern's doors opening slowly, wooden floor creaked as tall, long-haired man stepped inside. His metal armor hidden beneath a cloak clanged with every step. As he walked inside he calmly looked around, checked on every man and woman inside with his penetrating gaze and then he turned his face toward the bartender, he slowly approached him, while he was pouring a beer into one of his customer's jug. "What would you like big guy?" he asked with a bottle in his hand in the moment he finished pouring an alcohol in the jug. "You are certainly now from around here, aren't ya?" he continued. Tall man bent a little toward him and spoken with a cold tone.... "Did you recently see an armed, short and pretty much bald individual passing by your tavern?" He looked bartender straight in the eyes, and after a short moment of thinking he answered... "Well, there are a lot of travellers passing by, but I think I recall someone unusual that fits to that description. Yes, certainly I have seen that man." Tall man have frowned and asked another question, he certainly seemed intrigued and a bit angry. "Was he alone? Where did he go?" He asked with the same, cold tone. "Oh, I think he met someone here, I don't recall his face, but I have overheared part of their conversation, I think - but I cannot be sure, that they were talking about village in the north. That's all, they both left quickly after that." Bartender answered a little nervous as he was still penetrated with eyes of this creepy traveller. He then looked around again, pulled out a small sack of coins out of his pocket and dropped several gold coins on the table. "That's for the information you have provided me with, and also for a jug of wine and some warm meat you will prepare for me." Once he's done that he sat down on the nearest chair and waited.*

I was never good at writing short.

Atiscross

Post by Atiscross » 14 Nov 2013, 12:14

Arrakis,

You are good at them. I don't reckon 'The Tavern' should be a place to RP, but a place to enjoy off-topic... ness. (As stated before.) But for those that enjoy RP, feel free.

*Atiscross is now utterly lost in thought. "Bah, humbug. Why are so few people coming into 'The Spade and Blade'? We need to make some money! Or we'll be forced to shut down for good." Before moving, Atiscross rubs his nose and coughs. "Then who shall teach all of the newcomers about why 'Life is Feudal'."*

:fool:

the-tavern-t454/

Berserk89
Alpha Tester

Post by Berserk89 » 07 Jan 2014, 08:38

aah dident know there was a tavern bring me some nice beer :beer: what beer u guys like?
victor sterkr

Return to Off Topic