Saints

Discussion of the game lore and medieval ages.

Moderator: Lore Masters

Azerath
Alpha Tester

Saints

Post by Azerath » 25 Feb 2015, 20:18

Hello All,

The Church is looking for ideas for Saints, and the more the merrier. If you can come up with a Saint and a brief background story on them, or even just a general idea, I may incorporate them into the SSR religion. Just respond to this thread with your idea and I'll take a look.

Please note: by responding to this thread with an idea/story you're giving me permission to edit it, use it as I see fit, or...well, just basically steal the crap out of it.

There was talk of giving a free copy of the game to the person who comes up with the best Saint/Story by the Republic Leadership, but I'll need to confirm that before I can promise it to anyone.

Here's a list of Saints we have already:

Saint Azerath (Archangel) - Patron Saint of Priests, and Exorcists.

Saint Bella (Archangel) - Patron Saint of Warriors, and Inquisitors.

Saint Beraneous Acario - Patron Saint of Fathers, and Alcoholics.

Saint Lucindee - Patron Saint of Mothers, and Victims of Injustice.

Saint Spero - Patron Saint of Freedom, Slaves, the Tortured, and Hope.

Saint Stianos - Patron Saint of Courage, and Self-Sacrifice.

And a link to their background stories:
republic-church-history-t11937/

Thanks for reading,
Az
Last edited by Azerath on 01 Mar 2015, 18:21, edited 3 times in total.
Caelitus Mihi Vires

Azerath
Alpha Tester

Re: Saints

Post by Azerath » 26 Feb 2015, 18:01

The Compendium of Requesta tells us that before the exodus, Saint Stianos, the leader of the Rebellion, gathered together the slaves and they ate a final meal of food goods they had hid away.

While they were eating, Saint Stianos took bread, and after giving thanks he broke it, gave it to his fellow slaves and said, "Requesta has provided this meal, it is of her, and of the bodies of those who died to provide for us tonight." And after taking the cup and giving thanks, he gave it to them saying, “Drink from it, all of you, for this is the blood, the blood of those who give their lives for us.”

Saint Stianos gave his life that night in the exodus, sacrificing himself so that others may live.

His body was recovered and brought on board the Republic's Hulk. Though it spent many days adrift, there was no scent of death nor sign of decay upon the body. It was later buried when the hulk made landfall, and moved to the Basilica of Saint Beraneous upon its completion.
Caelitus Mihi Vires

Michaelludvig

Post by Michaelludvig » 05 May 2015, 21:28

Azerath wrote:Saint Stianos gave his life that night in the exodus, sacrificing himself so that others may live.

I may asked, why does Saint Stianos sacrificing himself for the sake of others. What kind of weapon used to make him suffer or killed?

Azerath
Alpha Tester

Post by Azerath » 16 May 2015, 04:12

He died fighting off the masters' men.
Caelitus Mihi Vires

Return to Lore Section