Help me flesh this out a bit?

Discussion of the game lore and medieval ages.

Moderator: Lore Masters

Layman96

Help me flesh this out a bit?

Post by Layman96 » 08 Jul 2015, 02:10

I am preparing to buy a server with a couple people. It will be a roleplay server so I am writing a couple lore options for them to choose from. One is a nordic setting and the other is Irish/Scotish. Can you guys help me detail them a bit?

Nords: Names: Hrafngar, Hafsfell, Olafsfjoror.
Two generations ago, Garruk Eriksson brought his family and a small community with him on a ship in search of new land, as land and food were growing scarce in their home region. They came across the island which would later be named (insert voted name here), and decided it would be perfect for settling. There was a good variety of wildlife, a freshwater lake, and plenty hilltops to be used for defense in case of invasion.

Garruk settled in (location we choose for kingdom city) and with his party, began building what is now a mighty kingdom. He, being a very skilled bowman, trained the other men in the settlement and together they became some of the most skilled rangers in the region. In the beginning years, they would use their skill to ward off other settlers, scared of their land being used up and the wildlife killed off. Though now, two generations later, with Jarl Ragnar Olafsson in charge, and enough food and animals farmed to be self sustaining, they have decided to begin allowing settlers onto the island.

This quickly changed the land as numerous groups of Scandinavians began landing on the shores of (island name) and settling their own towns scattered across the land. Jarl Ragnar is very generous, allowing any peaceful laborers inside the city walls who wish to assist or make a living for themselves. Though there is always the concern of the outside settlements and their relationships with one another. Hopefully his decision to allow settlers on his land won’t end up with an island in ruins.

Irish:
A small island off the coast of Northern Ireland is home to the settlement of Worstershire (may be changed). The isle has gone through much conflict in the past, as can be seen by the numerous ruins scattered about the island. But Worstershire is the only settlement which has survived, and thrived, off each conflict. It is now home to battle experienced, hardy drunken citizens, who do well at defending their homeland. Which they may need to do again, as a major conflict on the mainland of Ireland is forcing many people to flee the region, some of which may very well end up on our shores. The town of Worstershire is very welcoming to any peaceful citizens looking for refuge, though will not hesitate to force out aggressors.

Return to Lore Section