Important Poll

General discussion about Life is Feudal MMO and Life is Feudal: Your Own, The main section and backbone of the forums.

Would you be willing to pay for EVERY character you want to transfer to the main continent?

Yes, I am willing to pay for every character and the price looks reasonable.
42%
Yes, I am willing to pay for every character, but the price seems too high.
20%
Yes, I am willing to pay for every character and feel free to raise the prices. LiF is going to be a cool game and worth it! :)
8%
No, I don’t want to pay for every character in order to play.
30%

Total votes : 2460

Bobik
Project Leader

Important Poll

Post by Bobik » 28 Jan 2014, 16:52

Greetings!

This is a really important poll for our Life is Feudal world. Please, take a few minutes of your precious time to read it all through and make a final decision about your opinion on that matter. Thank you in advance ;)

Background
1. We have an alignment system, that is supposed to punish "Evil" players who do a lot of random killing without an official state of war. There is a point of no return (-50 alignment) and only way to go beyond that point - is murder (knocking, looting and trespassing won’t push you past that point). Once your character alignment is below that -50 mark, he can never again become “good”. So that is a limiting factor for players and should encourage them to only knock out their enemies, accept pleas of "I Yield" and kill only during an official state of war against other country.

2. Every player will be able to claim at least 100 in-game cells for free for their personal use which will be protected from any type of damage (including other players’ damage) and decay.

3. Players cannot “ruin” or “gimp” their characters. You may always retrain your stats and skills (read more about Skill Cap and Stat Cap on our Wiki) and there will be no special racial abilities whatsoever.

Taking everything mentioned above into consideration, could you please answer a Question?

Question
Would you be willing to pay for EVERY character you want to transfer from Newbie island to the main continent? How much would you be willing to pay for the first character? How much for the second, and so on?

Our current vision is that every player will be able to create and recreate as many characters as he or she wishes, to quickly test the starting skills in different crafting fields, or to test different starting combat skills or simply to get familiar with LiF gameplay. Once the player feels ready for a big world, a single payment of 20 Euro will transfer his main toon to the main land (just like it would if you’ve bought the full game).
If a player wishes to bring over additional toons for more versatility, he will be charged 10 Euros for each one (this amount could be less depending on different offers, deals or discounts). This system should also discourage random, senseless PKing and naked ganking (when players do not care about their alignment and simply grief everyone around, relying on the fact that they can simply create a new toon with a good alignment and continue their actions).
At least only TRUE random PKs should be permitted, who are both “ok” with the hardcore loss of skills and are very badass for that reason ;)

Anyway, looking forward for your answers and comments!

Siegbert
Alpha Tester

Re: Important Poll

Post by Siegbert » 28 Jan 2014, 17:26

Well, I don't care about multiple characters. I always use to play my one character to the end of my playtime, no matter what.
But I guess it's reasonable to charge the player a certain amount for additional chars.

Mortal Online did this, I think although I wouldn't know as I don't do those kinds of things.

Bobik
Project Leader

Post by Bobik » 28 Jan 2014, 17:31

It is VERY important to understand a difference between two systems.
Additional character slots that can be used many time to create a new character, play it, then delete it and create a new one. It is how in MO if I'm not wrong.
In our case you should pay for EVERY new created character that you want to see on a main land, no matter how many slots do you have.

Straya

Post by Straya » 28 Jan 2014, 17:40

I Reckon the Paying of €20 is perfectly fine.

SaresITA89
Alpha Tester

Post by SaresITA89 » 28 Jan 2014, 17:48

One question:

If the game is P2P, and I have 2 characters, I need pay two different canons? Or just the entry in the gaming world?

P.S.:
The causal PK must be stopped, otherwise we will have another quake-arena.

Why do not you just do a single character?
Last edited by SaresITA89 on 28 Jan 2014, 17:51, edited 1 time in total.

Kuroi
Alpha Tester

Post by Kuroi » 28 Jan 2014, 17:50

SaresITA89 wrote:One question:

If the game is P2P, and I have 2 characters, I have to pay two different canons? Or just the entry in the gaming world?

my friend the game is not p2p, it's b2p :) we always knew that!

you buy the ticket for your character (or more than 1 if you want more characters in the same account) and you leave the newbie island and play the real game forever free

Ardanza
Beta Tester

Post by Ardanza » 28 Jan 2014, 17:55

What about those of us who already donated, will we have to pay an additional amount of money to get our characters transferred or will those who backed you guys at least have the ability for one of our characters to be transferred?

Thokan
Alpha Tester

Post by Thokan » 28 Jan 2014, 17:58

I do encourage the idea of a fee to limit the botting, altspamming and what else abuse there may be. Alas, the second fee is way too steep for a simple alt character.

The fee should in my opinion be more of an an inconvenience than an actual cost.

You've already bought the game, why would you want to buy it again?
Last edited by Thokan on 28 Jan 2014, 17:59, edited 1 time in total.

Mizagog

Post by Mizagog » 28 Jan 2014, 17:58

how about something along the lines of:
as time pass (or maybe a kind of players can decide to give to another player) players get this points. when players do bad things they lose house points. the less points you got (or maybe to more "bad" points you got) the more price is comes to move characters. in addition, those points open up things you cant do without, so people would really be going anywhere is they are creating new accounts to "clean the slate".

SaresITA89
Alpha Tester

Post by SaresITA89 » 28 Jan 2014, 18:00

Kuroi wrote:
SaresITA89 wrote:One question:

If the game is P2P, and I have 2 characters, I have to pay two different canons? Or just the entry in the gaming world?

my friend the game is not p2p, it's b2p :) we always knew that!

you buy the ticket for your character (or more than 1 if you want more characters in the same account) and you leave the newbie island and play the real game forever free

wiki : <<probably b2b>>, and also bobik he said.

I remind you that the fundraising on indiegogo is failed.

B2P, P2P, now all the doors are open.

P.S.:
The causal PK must be stopped, otherwise we will have another quake-arena.

Why do not you just do a single character?

Dear bobik,
tax revenue of your game as you see fit, the important thing that you do not do a pay2WIN.
Last edited by SaresITA89 on 28 Jan 2014, 18:04, edited 1 time in total.

AugustusIV

Post by AugustusIV » 28 Jan 2014, 18:04

Just wanted to use my first post to support the concept of paying to transfer. I would like to see it a little cheaper, but will probably pay regardless if the product is worth it.

Very excited to support this project! :)

Kuroi
Alpha Tester

Post by Kuroi » 28 Jan 2014, 18:05

SaresITA89 wrote:B2P, P2P, now all the doors are open.

http://lifeisfeudal.com/FAQ

Thokan wrote:I do encourage the idea of a fee to limit the botting, altspamming and what else abuse there may be. Alas, the second fee is way too steep for a simple alt character.

The fee should in my opinion be more of an an inconvenience than an actual cost.

you're not buying the "game", you're buying a ticket for your/that character

Thokan
Alpha Tester

Post by Thokan » 28 Jan 2014, 18:10

Kuroi wrote:
Thokan wrote:I do encourage the idea of a fee to limit the botting, altspamming and what else abuse there may be. Alas, the second fee is way too steep for a simple alt character.

you're not buying the "game", you're buying a ticket for your/that character

The point was that the pricing is so steep it is like you are buying another game.

I am well aware of the system Bobik just presented.

SaresITA89
Alpha Tester

Post by SaresITA89 » 28 Jan 2014, 18:11

Kuroi wrote:
SaresITA89 wrote:B2P, P2P, now all the doors are open.

http://lifeisfeudal.com/FAQ

FAQ:
Currently we're planning to use combination of b2p (buy to play) and f2p (free to play) models.

Straya

Post by Straya » 28 Jan 2014, 18:13

[/quote]

The point was that the pricing is so steep it is like you are buying another game.

I am well aware of the system Bobik just presented.[/quote]

:no: it's only €10 to buy another player slot , that seems fairly low to me compared to a few other game's
and since its EURO in my case its more then $10 for me
and im perfectl fine with that...€10 isnt that hard to get...lol

Thokan
Alpha Tester

Post by Thokan » 28 Jan 2014, 18:17

Straya wrote:
Thokan wrote:

I am well aware of the system Bobik just presented.

:no: it's only €10 to buy another player slot , that seems fairly low to me compared to a few other game's
and since its EURO in my case its more then $10 for me
and im perfectl fine with that...€10 isnt that hard to get...lol

What would be the drawbacks with having it just £1 or £2? It would still cause the positive effects while at the same time not hindering people, to a great degree, from creating an alt character.

£10 isnt something you spend on a whim, it would make people doubt. Who knows, the revenue might actually be higher in total if people didnt feel as hindered from creating alts.
Last edited by Thokan on 28 Jan 2014, 18:18, edited 1 time in total.

Pointfrost

Post by Pointfrost » 28 Jan 2014, 18:18

Hello LiF team,

seems like very good idea / good payment system. If that is all that will be required to pay, than it is OK with me.
Also it will filter many players and THE WORLD will include only good quality once.

Great job, looking forward for alpha release! :)

Gladius
Alpha Tester

Post by Gladius » 28 Jan 2014, 18:35

I agree with Thokan.
10€ seems a little too steep.
I too would go with 1€-2€ for a new character that can be used on the main island, if 20€ for the first character have already been spent.

Kuroi
Alpha Tester

Post by Kuroi » 28 Jan 2014, 18:43

we don't even know how much time we'll need to max out our main character... if it will take like a year i'll be more than happy to spend 10 additional euros for another char just cause that means the game is really great and deserves it. moreover i played the whole year for free.

when playing mmorpgs do you usually create a char and the day after you make another one? o_O

Thokan wrote:£10 isnt something you spend on a whim

euros, not sterlings
Last edited by Kuroi on 28 Jan 2014, 18:45, edited 2 times in total.

Krevente
Alpha Tester

Post by Krevente » 28 Jan 2014, 18:43

With enough money I could purchase enough characters to own an entire kingdom myself? That is what the one time purchase systems feels like. I pay 20 for the first one and 80 more one time to end up with 9 characters worth of real estate. Am I correct or did I misread something?

valirius
Alpha Tester

Post by valirius » 28 Jan 2014, 18:44

I answered: Yes, I am willing to pay for every character, but the price seems too high.

But it's only because I did not see the game and I can not say at all whether it 10 euros. By and large, I feel closer to the dollar, even though I am from Russia. So will be interesting to look equivalent dollar price, for example 8 euros.

The best option I see is this: a completely free starter island and restrictions on trade between the players and build on. So you can see the starting location and try a couple of times to die)) And then have to decide how much I want to pay for it. Every time you try to call the trade window asking "want to buy a game?"

something like that)
ImageYou are entering    Time ParadoxImage

Krevente
Alpha Tester

Post by Krevente » 28 Jan 2014, 18:46

Sorry for the double post but rereading that I get the sense of character versus player. I guess it just gets more expensive per account.

I'm of the subscription based system personally to prevent the crazy rich people from buying up large amounts of land.

Kuroi
Alpha Tester

Post by Kuroi » 28 Jan 2014, 18:53

Krevente wrote:With enough money I could purchase enough characters to own an entire kingdom myself? That is what the one time purchase systems feels like. I pay 20 for the first one and 80 more one time to end up with 9 characters worth of real estate. Am I correct or did I misread something?

Krevente wrote:Sorry for the double post but rereading that I get the sense of character versus player. I guess it just gets more expensive per account.

I'm of the subscription based system personally to prevent the crazy rich people from buying up large amounts of land.

i don't understand what you're trying to say lol

Azerath
Alpha Tester

Post by Azerath » 28 Jan 2014, 19:01

Bobik said: Every player will be able to claim at least 100 in-game cells for free for their personal use which will be protected from any type of damage (including other players’ damage) and decay.

Krevente was worried every character would be able to claim land, meaning one person could set up their own Kingdom of alts.

That isn't the case.
Caelitus Mihi Vires

Thokan
Alpha Tester

Post by Thokan » 28 Jan 2014, 19:12

Kuroi wrote:we don't even know how much time we'll need to max out our main character... if it will take like a year i'll be more than happy to spend 10 additional euros for another char just cause that means the game is really great and deserves it. moreover i played the whole year for free.

when playing mmorpgs do you usually create a char and the day after you make another one? o_O

Thokan wrote:£10 isnt something you spend on a whim

euros, not sterlings

You would have played your first year for the price of £20. Just like in Guild Wars or any other b2p-model game.

There isnt a standard level system, thus you dont "max out". Moreover you wouldn't create another character to max it out. The whole game is an end game, and thus you would create another character to help in that endeavour when and if the need arises.

The point is still, you have already bought the game. Such a high fee for just another alt creates the negative feeling of buying the game again.

Kossako
Alpha Tester

Post by Kossako » 28 Jan 2014, 19:16

10 EURO for another character in F2P game is like nothing. In most game when number of characters need to be restricted you pay more each monts per another character.

Even if it will be 20 euro I 'm willing to buy another 2-3 chars to make myself independent. I bet there are people that would be willing to spend that 10 Euro each month just to crate new PK alts.

If it will be lower then some people will be buying alt just to harass other even each day. Couple rich players could harass entire population.

Maybe some better solution would be account stored alignment. So if you gain negative alignment on one char every other char losses some also and it's stored per account, so creating new character will automatically make it evil in your account alignment is low enough.
Last edited by Kossako on 28 Jan 2014, 19:17, edited 1 time in total.
Skills and crafting information: lif-database-application-t1494

Build your first home for newbies guide: first-house-guide-to-new-players-t1432

Murtag
Alpha Tester

Post by Murtag » 28 Jan 2014, 19:17

Making the choice of being a bandit more important is extremly important imo.

And if you go with 20/10 , then i can almost guarantee that all bandits will have a "good" alt

I would almost prefer a 20/30/40/50 way with a 10 E increase per new alt
//Murtag. Aka Murtag Bek , Nicklasa , Nick Trevez , Nick Guile , Night Angel

Kdchan
Beta Tester

Post by Kdchan » 28 Jan 2014, 19:17

So, if i have understand correctly, you log-in the first time for free in the noob island, and when you are ready to go to the main world, you have to pay 20 € right?

But what if i delete my main character and create a new one? I need to pay again?
Hope is account based.

If so this is pratically a B2P system and i'm very ok with it.
Why i support B2P? Because of hackers, if you cheat you have to pay and lose something. F2p system in a game like this will be a mess.

So yes, 20 € for 1 character SLOT and you can play free forever is ok.

For developers: put in game the SURNAME please, so if someone is called Jon XYZ, the alt will be called Bam XYZ. This avoid pkers to back blue and spies to join enemy clans, all should be account based even if you make more characters.
Last edited by Kdchan on 28 Jan 2014, 19:24, edited 5 times in total.
Played:
Darkfall: Unholy Wars
Ultima Online
EvE
LiF: YO

Davee

Post by Davee » 28 Jan 2014, 19:18

This sounds like a good, fair system to me!

However, alt character prices could probably be made a little bit lower in my opinion (just to around 7 Euro), for reasons that have already been mentioned several times in this thread. This is also assuming there won't be a monthly subscription cost or similar.

Return to General Discussion