Server population?

General discussion about Life is Feudal MMO and Life is Feudal: Your Own, The main section and backbone of the forums.

CrusaderGmbH

Server population?

Post by CrusaderGmbH » 28 Jan 2014, 11:37

Hello Com.,

i want to ask if anybody knows the anticipated Player number of the MMO? I am asking because playing on a server which has only 1000 players is a bit boring and in fact the most time not all players are online at the same time.
That implies a weak game dynamik, becuase a City can't be very vivid with 10-20 players and 10-15 afk players...

I am only talking about that because all the ideas like Guild battles, living as a Trader/Priest, living as a normal person in a City etc. are only nice if you have a nice and big community which guaranty a social >action & reacation < effekt.

To resume,i recommend to attend on the playerbase in the future, because the playerbase is also the >>income<< for the DevTema and a stable server in future.

i hope you will understand my thought.

Greeting Crusader.

Dailato
Alpha Tester

Re: Server population?

Post by Dailato » 28 Jan 2014, 11:57

Thank you for your (attempt at) english.

We all want a big player-base, the more the merrier as they say. However it's not up to the devs how many people decide to play their game.

If you want to do your part in helping make the game big and well-known enough to have the kind of playerbase we all want, you can go here to help "spread the word" :)

I hope this has helped, and enjoy your stay on the forums.

Yours truly -The Pope

Siegbert
Alpha Tester

Post by Siegbert » 28 Jan 2014, 11:59

No idea, but I think generally: the better the game works the more players will get in.
I don't really care too much about playercount. Having played Rust lately I think you can have some nice encounters with only 20-30 people stretched over a vast map.

If you want big battles player numbers would be more vital and if the game supports it, I think we will see it.

Thokan
Alpha Tester

Post by Thokan » 28 Jan 2014, 12:17

The guild battles would be pre-scheduled and thus have a big turnup anywho, and the sieges would be a huge event too.

Considering every indivduals potential and abilities a village with 10-20 players online would be a busy day. You are more than apt to hermit and play alone in this game, just imagine having a friend online helping you, let alone a medium sized guild. You could literally move mountains. :D

Now you mention cities. There will only be a NPC city, where you do some trading and communicating, mayhaps. Good for roleplay I suppose, but there is no real sense in staying there. The gameplay is out in the wilderness, in the hermitages and small villages, the realm towns and castles.

Dailato wrote:Thank you for your (attempt at) english.

Now, now, let's not be condescending :)

Worldsprayer
Alpha Tester

Post by Worldsprayer » 29 Jan 2014, 22:08

I would hope for servers built with hundreds in mind. Having also played rust and dayz, I can understand your thoughts on 20-30 being acceptable, but that's combat where at most you have a handful of combatants. If we can't see dozens come together to make formations, tactics, constructed defenses useful..then I don't think LiF will have lived up to its promise. we need hundreds if not thousands per map think.
Service is Glory
Death in Service
Death is Glory

JoeCold

Post by JoeCold » 29 Jan 2014, 23:12

One Billion!

Arthua

Post by Arthua » 29 Jan 2014, 23:15

Lol, what is this thread?

NO WE WANT ONLY 5 PLAYERS TO PLAY THIS GAME!

C'mon, of course everyone wants a game with billions of players. How about you do your part and spread the word?

Kossako
Alpha Tester

Post by Kossako » 30 Jan 2014, 00:31

I would rather ask about maximum population per server (if there are gona be more than one).

Simply a number one server can handle without bunring down.
Skills and crafting information: lif-database-application-t1494

Build your first home for newbies guide: first-house-guide-to-new-players-t1432

BartusPL
Alpha Tester

Post by BartusPL » 30 Jan 2014, 05:23

Should be one big server, but all server's have limit...
The question is, what is the upper limit of the server?
If I can't play with My guild mate's on these same server, because there is no place for My... So it will not make sense for My.

Return to General Discussion