Silver Sun Republic - Hosting: SSR LifeisRoleplay.com Hyperion Total War RP_PVP

For the sole purpose of guilds recruiting members.

Azerath
Alpha Tester

Re: Silver Sun Republic - Hosting: SSR LifeisRoleplay.com RP-PvP

Post by Azerath » 09 Dec 2015, 01:09

If we can get enough people to come out, we can start having Grand Melees.
Caelitus Mihi Vires

Krevente
Alpha Tester

Post by Krevente » 12 Dec 2015, 01:18

WAAAAAR! War practice on Sunday evenings. Join us and learn from those who have fought in the field in modern combat and through recreation groups like the SCA as well as having conducted large scale operations in games like Darkfall Online, Shadowbane, Age of Conan and Planetside 1/2.

Demiwar
Devoted Believer

Post by Demiwar » 21 Jan 2016, 03:38

Come join us for a game night! We have cake!

Krevente
Alpha Tester

Post by Krevente » 27 Jan 2016, 04:18

We'll be hosting a games section at the El Paso Comic Con in El Paso, Texas and we plan to feature Life is Feudal. If you're in West Texas or Eastern New Mexico then come check it out!

We'll also be hosting SCA fighter demos where you can put on armor and see what it's like to be decked out in plate armor for yourself.

Radison
Alpha Tester

Post by Radison » 05 Feb 2016, 04:12

Good to see the crew still making improvements to the game. look forward to playing more in the near future.
===|Www.Silversunrepublic.com|===

Krevente
Alpha Tester

Post by Krevente » 17 Feb 2016, 00:21

We'll be rolling onto Wessex's server to prepare for LiF MMO at which point our Alpha testers will be focusing on that effort. Most of our guys are still playing ArcheAge or focusing on our brick and mortar Game Store opening getting ready for everything to launch.

Krevente
Alpha Tester

Post by Krevente » 19 Feb 2016, 20:09

Just kidding, we're firing up our own RP server again with Wessex, MilitaryGamers.com, Iron Breakers and some others for a Kingdom of Hyperion setting.

Join us for joint military training and RP events as well as tournaments!

Demiwar
Devoted Believer

Post by Demiwar » 21 Feb 2016, 15:08

Things are definitely firing up on the server! Anyone looking for a group feel free to come join us, we can always use another strong back.

Roelen

Re: Silver Sun Republic - Hosting: SSR LifeisRoleplay.com Hyperion Total War RP_PVP

Post by Roelen » 24 Feb 2016, 00:44

I'm interested, especially if I cam get a county/fief with Gaelic culture... in MMO I plan on being a lower level feudal lord (actual rank would depend on guild) and ruling a small hamlet/village on and around my personal claim, will put up a keep, some craft stations and my keep there. Would like to combine personal claims then with others making farmsteads and homeateads so we could make a little community within a larger guild's (hopefully SSR) realm claim. Will be a blacksmith/builder mix and PvP/do practical RP.

Despite what my lying signature may tell you, I am not a Baronet. I told it to stop saying that but it refuses to communicate.... xD

Snaker

Re: Silver Sun Republic - Hosting: SSR LifeisRoleplay.com Hyperion Total War RP_PVP

Post by Snaker » 25 Feb 2016, 05:04

Hello ,

Just now getting back to the game. Would like to check you guys out getting back to the game before the MMO hits and needing a solid group.

Krevente
Alpha Tester

Post by Krevente » 26 Feb 2016, 05:17

The best way to do that is to join our server. The information can be found at http://www.lifeisroleplay.com.

Demiwar
Devoted Believer

Post by Demiwar » 01 Mar 2016, 00:23

Tournaments will be starting soon! Now is an ideal time to join up and get preped for the MMO.

Krevente
Alpha Tester

Post by Krevente » 03 Mar 2016, 22:23

Starting up the drills and military training again. Now that the foundation of the settlement is up and running on the server it's time to start working the stuff that made us legends in Darkfall Online, Age of Conan and other sandbox PvP games.

Krevente
Alpha Tester

Post by Krevente » 13 Mar 2016, 22:27

Military drills are now a weekly thing and tonight we'll be covering voice heraldry and fighting in the formations.

Thysin
True Believer

Post by Thysin » 14 Mar 2016, 20:30

Don't forget to mention the fact that Military Gamers (MG), a great community for those who served and those who are currently servering, is partnered with Silver Sun Republic.

Krevente
Alpha Tester

Post by Krevente » 21 Mar 2016, 01:20

Of course, MG has always been a strong ally of SSR and we're happy to have the communities working together as one.

Krevente
Alpha Tester

Post by Krevente » 25 Mar 2016, 21:33

Thysin will be hosting a training event on Saturday that will focus more on gameplay and mechanics than our formal military training.

Follow this link for more details:

http://www.silversunrepublic.com/showth ... ing-Skills

Demiwar
Devoted Believer

Post by Demiwar » 28 Mar 2016, 01:33

Organized combat matches are being scheduled for next Saturday, great time to get involved as we continue prepping for the MMO!

Radison
Alpha Tester

Post by Radison » 29 Mar 2016, 19:13

I look forward to the next patch. I hope we see some good stuff.

Krevente
Alpha Tester

Post by Krevente » 30 Mar 2016, 23:31

Radison stood up the College of Heralds and I'm reviving the College of War for the Republic and ultimately the Kingdom of Hyperion.

If you're interested in having a conversation on historically based, tried and true Colleges then come join us. Not only do we have the real world knowledge and experience (SCA, University Degrees, Military Backgrounds) to teach heraldry and military doctrine, we've also been doing it for the past 15 years in MMOs (Ultima Online, Shadowbane, Age of Conan, Darkfall Online, Planetside 1/2 ... I could go on forever ...).

We're also teaching new players on game mechanics and more advanced topics. Feel free to check us out on our website or join in on our RP-PvP server!

Radison
Alpha Tester

Post by Radison » 01 Apr 2016, 14:33

I'm very pleased with the movement the college of heralds is making. I really can't wait to try and blend it with the in game system that is coming next week.

Demiwar
Devoted Believer

Post by Demiwar » 07 Apr 2016, 02:44

With the weekend approaching there are more tournament fights on the horizon. Come join us!

Kalmorte
True Believer

Post by Kalmorte » 07 Apr 2016, 02:52

I'll definitely be there. We should have a good turnout and I know lots of people have been working on their combat skills. Looking forward to the competition!

Radison
Alpha Tester

Post by Radison » 07 Apr 2016, 18:27

This tournament should be good fun. We'd be demoing our field heraldry:

As heralds, we are constantly functioning as the voice of the Crown. This can be a difficult job as anyone who has heralded a tourney or a lively revel can testify. The strain of being a human bullhorn can take a heavy toll of one's voice and sanity.

What I would like to offer here are a few suggestions and exercises adapted from vocal music techniques. These should help you strengthen your voice, improve your breathing and projection, and most important of all get your message across.

The herald's hardest job is getting people's attention. Herald folk are a garrulous lot! the noise level at any event can approach the threshold of pain. Add to that music or any martial boom/bash, and you have a most formidable obstacle for the human voice to cut through.

I submit that the best way to gain people's attention is to sing out. You can put a lot more power behind a phrase properly sung than one merely shouted. You also put a lot less wear and tear on your vocal chords. The difference in sound quality between a sung phrase and a shouted one will automatically attract attention, even in a room where everyone is talking.

information obtained from:

Some Vocal Techniques as Applied to Field and Court Heraldry
© 1990 Kathleen Sobansky.

Krevente
Alpha Tester

Post by Krevente » 09 Apr 2016, 04:35

New charts and graphics are almost done. I'll get them posted once they're fully ready. The new citizen ranks/positions should add more depth and still simplify the whole progression from serf all the way up to nobility. Lots of opportunities to be had!

Radison
Alpha Tester

Post by Radison » 11 Apr 2016, 14:53

Really pleased with the heraldry patch a few things I'd like to see changed, but overall pretty awesome.

Some more information for Heraldry:

Section 3: Divided Charges and Fields

Before we continue, did you catch that bit of vocabulary I snuck into the last section? To review, a charge is an item placed upon the shield. A field is the background of the shield. Clear so far? Great. This next part is rarely covered by traditional heraldic texts, and is usually where many non-heralds get lost.

A neutral charge or a neutral field is a charge or a field that is equally a metal (Or, argent) and a color (gules, azure, vert, purpure, sable). As long as neither of its tinctures matches the field underneath it, a neutral charge can go onto any tinctured field. Likewise, so long as the tincture of the charge on it doesn't match either of its tinctures, a neutral field can have any tinctured charge on it.

Both charges and fields can be more than one tincture without being neutral. A charge can be split azure and gules, for example. But it cannot go onto a field that is a solid color (gules, azure, vert, purpure, sable) or a field that is split between two non-metals.

There is a special method of having both the field and the charge split along the same line, using the same color and metal. This process is called counterchanging, and flips the color and metal of the background on the charge, giving a striking effect. This is a special circumstance; since the color part of the charge only touches the metal part of the field, and vice versa, they can keep contrast while being the same tinctures

Krevente
Alpha Tester

Post by Krevente » 12 Apr 2016, 20:38

One thing about our method of progression is the fact that Popolano can stay on at a farm as a 'tenant farmer' meaning that they pay rent in exchange for working the land. Contadino are commoners who get all of their tools, food and housing for free in exchange for their labor. The progression to Popolano means someone is able to play and produce excess resources on their own, but want to keep to the land on which they are producing. Most Popolano will still live out on the Fiefdoms and Baronetcy estates to raise money and trade goods to be able to move into the city. Technically, there are Popolano Minore and Popolano Majore, but we don't differentiate, the first being considered "rustics" and the latter considered "city dwellers" due to the wealth required to live within the city. Most fiefdoms and estates will be small farming/ranching/fishing communities or mining/logging camps with the first real villages belonging to Counts and Barons.

By having villages specialize, it will allow us to draw in larger yields to the city where most finished goods production is held. Finished goods will be traded back to the villages in exchange for raw materials. Excess materials will be collected as 'donations' to the Republic meaning that we will develop economies of scale with the benefits of the system resulting in surplus goods being collected by the Ministry of State to build up the national stocks.

Each village will most likely have its own blacksmith, carpenter, mason, etc. but it won't have larger groups of them to deal in mass production. Each village's smith will produce enough to maintain the basic demand, but for large scale building projects and weapon/armor production that will be looked for within the main city.

Radison
Alpha Tester

Post by Radison » 14 Apr 2016, 21:27

First post updated with the new charts!

Krevente
Alpha Tester

Post by Krevente » 18 Apr 2016, 23:51

Had the opportunity to host the gaming section at El Paso Comic Con this past weekend and talked up LiF. It was cool to see how many people have heard of and have plans for the MMO.

Kalmorte
True Believer

Post by Kalmorte » 21 Apr 2016, 03:48

I remember a few years ago when you were really pushing for LiF and I thought you were crazy. The game has come so far and as we get closer to the MMO I'm certainly eating my words. There is a general buzz building about the game and I think our recent up tick in recruiting is a direct reflection of that. This is the perfect game for our structure and brand of roleplaying. I literally cannot wait to see where we are a year from now.

Return to Guild Recruitment