Important Poll

General discussion about Life is Feudal MMO and Life is Feudal: Your Own, The main section and backbone of the forums.

Would you be willing to pay for EVERY character you want to transfer to the main continent?

Yes, I am willing to pay for every character and the price looks reasonable.
42%
Yes, I am willing to pay for every character, but the price seems too high.
20%
Yes, I am willing to pay for every character and feel free to raise the prices. LiF is going to be a cool game and worth it! :)
8%
No, I don’t want to pay for every character in order to play.
30%

Total votes : 2460

Culdych
True Believer

Re: Important Poll

Post by Culdych » 12 Feb 2016, 14:26

Seems reasonable to me. Having more than one character undermines the premise of having to have a community, i dont like the idea of one player having enough characters to do everything on their own. So yeah, i think this is a grand idea, spot on Bobik!

Also, the amount of 'grr i already paid why should i pay again' posts in this thread... do people even read or just push the rant button straight away?!

Helleri

Post by Helleri » 24 Feb 2016, 20:31

What exactly happens to a character when it gets transferred to the main continent? Will it have all of the levels it had acquired on the tutorial island? all of it's gear as well (say what ever it can carry)? Is it just a name transfer wherein the character is wiped and starts from the beginning again? Will the option to re-customize appearance be given upon transfer? Or to reallocate base stats?
"If I had asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford.

Potrais
Devoted Believer

Post by Potrais » 25 Feb 2016, 15:53

If i buy the game then i woudl expect a free charater, we were told that we would get free in game currency for the mmo, what if you gave an option to have either free currency or a free toon. then charge a price for 2nd 3rd toons etc.. my two cents

thanks hope to see the mmo soon cant wait

WarriorAng3L

Post by WarriorAng3L » 27 Feb 2016, 14:35

Hi,

My opinion is:
we should have 1 character and ONLY ONE, without the possibility to buy an other one. But, if some players want a second to remove the 666 innoncent people they killed (alignement), you can give the possibility to buy a reset of the character.

This mean someone who want to killed people for no reason just for the pleasure, will think twice before doing that, cause he won't just have to buy a second character, and then play good on one and destroy the world on the second one, he will just reset his evil character.

I think 10€ for a second character isn't that expensive, it's really a good price. But people will have to pay once, and they have 2 character. They can be a Saint on one :angel: , and a total assh*** on the other one :evil: (which can ruin others player experience).

But reseting the charracter will avoid that, cause much less players will accept to pay everytime to reset their evil side, and will play fair and respect others.

I don't know if my point of view is very clear. I'm doing my best to explain it in english. :)

Helleri

Post by Helleri » 27 Feb 2016, 15:40

Setting aside not receiving an official answer yet (after 31 one pages, in their place, I would have checked out of the discussion as well. So that is understandable). I think when you make what you consider to be an unfinished game available for sale early on, that the general idea is people who buy into that are grandfathered in on price point. I personally don't mind paying more. I think I picked this up on sale for something like $23. I've gotten more then my monies worth. But what you want to do payment wise regarding the current player base is a little contradictory to the concept of early access (whether or not you call it early access that's what it basically is).

This isn't going to effect your current player base as much as it will future players. It's almost like asking us to decide what every one in the future will pay. which is unfair to future customers. so maybe just take the game off sale? if you need $20 more per user. Just change the price on the game. I think you can get people to pay $40 for what you have so far. That way the people who got it on sale feel like extra special snowflakes, and you get the money you need for further development.

In short, don't be afraid to ask for what you need from potential customers upfront instead of nickle and diming them along the way. The potential is there. The game is more fleshed out as it is then a lot of games I have paid $60 for. You sell yourself short by coyly holding your hand out every once in a while...ask what you need to make this work per user, and make that the upfront price. Because if your timid about it, your potential customers will be as well.
"If I had asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford.

Crixusqc

Post by Crixusqc » 06 Mar 2016, 08:42

wait.. so we bought the game already (and its no small price) and we will have to pay even more to have 1 char slot!? that seems..odd :cry: we should have 1 free slot and if we want more slots we need to buy. not anyone can afford the extra 20...

NAZGULL

Post by NAZGULL » 17 Mar 2016, 14:26

Helleri wrote:Setting aside not receiving an official answer yet (after 31 one pages, in their place, I would have checked out of the discussion as well. So that is understandable). I think when you make what you consider to be an unfinished game available for sale early on, that the general idea is people who buy into that are grandfathered in on price point. I personally don't mind paying more. I think I picked this up on sale for something like $23. I've gotten more then my monies worth. But what you want to do payment wise regarding the current player base is a little contradictory to the concept of early access (whether or not you call it early access that's what it basically is).

This isn't going to effect your current player base as much as it will future players. It's almost like asking us to decide what every one in the future will pay. which is unfair to future customers. so maybe just take the game off sale? if you need $20 more per user. Just change the price on the game. I think you can get people to pay $40 for what you have so far. That way the people who got it on sale feel like extra special snowflakes, and you get the money you need for further development.

In short, don't be afraid to ask for what you need from potential customers upfront instead of nickle and diming them along the way. The potential is there. The game is more fleshed out as it is then a lot of games I have paid $60 for. You sell yourself short by coyly holding your hand out every once in a while...ask what you need to make this work per user, and make that the upfront price. Because if your timid about it, your potential customers will be as well.

+1 this right here.
I'm on the fence about paying extra for alts. although I don't want to see unlimited alts per person, I think maybe a set number of free alts per account would suffice. and if someone is serious about having a ton of toons they'll have to buy another account I.E the game again. I don't normally play but one toon, but I play on servers with high skill caps. I like the interaction with other players on low skill cap servers but I think I would want at least your main, and one free alt. after that you buy another account or pay extra for alts

Azzerhoden
Alpha Tester

Post by Azzerhoden » 17 Mar 2016, 17:06

Potrais wrote:If i buy the game then i woudl expect a free charater, we were told that we would get free in game currency for the mmo, what if you gave an option to have either free currency or a free toon. then charge a price for 2nd 3rd toons etc.. my two cents

thanks hope to see the mmo soon cant wait

You will get in game currency that can be spent to purchase a ticket to move one character from the newbie island to the MMO lands.

If you delete that character and roll a new one, then you would have to pay again to move that character to the MMO lands.

Bobik has been pretty explicit as to how this will work. The intention is to make character choices matter, specifically around alignment. Go red (-50) and you will STAY red and suffer the consequences in skill loss.

That said, skill is pretty easy to regain, even at a 1x multiplier as long as you have good food. You will have to spend time though, which will keep this game from becoming the gank-fest seen in other MMOs.

Finally, there has been no new dev posts in this thread because it is meaningless now. Look at the date. It was started over 2 YEARS AGO! The poll has ended. Time to move on.

Moderators - this should probably be locked.
| - Alpha Tester and Zealous Believer

Kingdom of Hyperion founding Duchy - A practical RP Community est. 1999 - Apply Today!

Pottricks

Post by Pottricks » 20 Mar 2016, 00:58

was just wondering what would stop players from having a bad character (-alignment) account. and robbing and killing everyone then passing there ill gotten gains onto there Good character (+alignment) account.

I do not see having a pay for 2nd character as a viable option to stop this it might just encourage it. with bands of (-Alignment) characters Raiding Castles / Settlements to give to there (+Alignment) Characters to improve there own castle / settlements.

Which would Ruin the game play for the rest.

So maybe just the 1 Character per account with a reset Token for purchase (make it expensive to deter people from doing the wrong thing over and over) would be a better solution.

Galliad

Post by Galliad » 23 Mar 2016, 11:06

Will I be able to delete the charakter and make a new one free of charge? do i pay for a charakter or a charakter slot?

Khan-
Zealous Believer

Post by Khan- » 23 Mar 2016, 11:16

Galliad wrote:Will I be able to delete the charakter and make a new one free of charge? do i pay for a charakter or a charakter slot?

For a character, when you delete it, you loose your character slot, and have to buy a new one
100% French speaking alliance of Royaume Franc : http://lifeisfeudal-fr.com/
Les Témoins de Mérovée Site - Forum - Me contacter

Cosimo
Zealous Believer

Post by Cosimo » 25 Mar 2016, 10:41

Khan-Bjornsen wrote:
Galliad wrote:Will I be able to delete the charakter and make a new one free of charge? do i pay for a charakter or a charakter slot?

For a character, when you delete it, you loose your character slot, and have to buy a new one

That would be fairly bad IMHO, better would be money buys you slots to be able to go on the "real mmo world". I do not normally reroll but I know some people do as they prefer to have new estetics.

Azzerhoden
Alpha Tester

Post by Azzerhoden » 25 Mar 2016, 20:17

Ggarzelli wrote:
Khan-Bjornsen wrote:

That would be fairly bad IMHO, better would be money buys you slots to be able to go on the "real mmo world". I do not normally reroll but I know some people do as they prefer to have new estetics.

That's why the proposal was to not have slots. Devs want to ensure that choices matter. Having to buy another ticket to move to the MMO lands is one path of doing so.
| - Alpha Tester and Zealous Believer

Kingdom of Hyperion founding Duchy - A practical RP Community est. 1999 - Apply Today!

Khan-
Zealous Believer

Post by Khan- » 25 Mar 2016, 20:51

Ggarzelli wrote:
Khan-Bjornsen wrote:

that's a punishment for high criminals and m********... grieffing the game and annoying people... when you get a too low alignment, you cannot come back to the criminal state, and then, when you die, you have a huge amount of skills loss... on YO, people simply delete the character and start again their shit... here, you'll have to pay.
100% French speaking alliance of Royaume Franc : http://lifeisfeudal-fr.com/
Les Témoins de Mérovée Site - Forum - Me contacter

Jairone
True Believer

Post by Jairone » 27 Mar 2016, 04:31

I think maybe a cheaper 'redesign' option would be a good way to make this meet with those who have an interest in changing their looks. Something like for half price you can change how your character looks.

It isn't like the Alts are needed for gameplay, so having something for those who are interested in just changing appearances might be nice.

Still more than willing to pay for any additional characters I make.

Karabas
Alpha Tester

Post by Karabas » 10 Apr 2016, 16:04

could be funny - to add possibility to record ur own sound for every warcry =))) and make it ur target to hear exactly UR voice and words - not the default =)))
just imagine how funny it would be =)))
and this option should be payd =)

tell something about someone's granny for just 20 euro =)))) :ROFL:
Gray tag. Gray axe.Image

WorldEdit
True Believer

Post by WorldEdit » 27 Apr 2016, 21:06

Karabas wrote:could be funny - to add possibility to record ur own sound for every warcry =))) and make it ur target to hear exactly UR voice and words - not the default =)))
just imagine how funny it would be =)))
and this option should be payd =)

tell something about someone's granny for just 20 euro =)))) :ROFL:

VOIP?

Gchristopher

Post by Gchristopher » 27 Apr 2016, 22:18

Azzerhoden wrote:
Potrais wrote:[explanation of results]

The poll has ended. Time to move on.

Moderators - this should probably be locked.

It's still pinned, maybe they wanted discussion still?

I voted 'no', but only because I'm not interested in the MMO. I bought LiF:YO for the single player and small-group content, and it's been great! It wasn't too hard to put up a small server and enjoy the game!

I'd definitely be willing to buy DLC or further support LiF:YO development for single-player or small server content.

Once the devs are done with MMO retail, it'd be great to see them come back to work on bug fixes, PVE content, etc, for LiF:YO. That'd absolutely be worth spending more money to support!

Airco

Post by Airco » 28 Apr 2016, 07:16

Jairone wrote:I think maybe a cheaper 'redesign' option would be a good way to make this meet with those who have an interest in changing their looks. Something like for half price you can change how your character looks.

It isn't like the Alts are needed for gameplay, so having something for those who are interested in just changing appearances might be nice.

Still more than willing to pay for any additional characters I make.

insurt new skill , hairdresser :p
for the way your char looks or how fat he/she is thats indeed a more drastic change. (i do not want my char to get fat for example -.- )
Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mark2
Cpu: intel I5-4690 3.5Ghz
Cpu cooler: thermaltake Frio Extreme Silent 14 Dual
Mem: Corsair 16gb, Cmy16gx3m2a2133c11r
Gpu: Geforce 970, Asus STRIX GTX970 DC2OC 4GD5
Soundcard: Creative Soundblaster Z
HD: SAMSUNG 75E250RW SSD 850 EVO 250 GB

Mawdeeps

Post by Mawdeeps » 18 May 2016, 17:59

Hey just heard about this it looks awesome. I would be happy to pay for additional slots. but if I buy the lif:yo game I heard you you geta free 1 time tranfer in the mmo is this true?

Arrakis

Post by Arrakis » 18 May 2016, 19:20

Mawdeeps wrote:Hey just heard about this it looks awesome. I would be happy to pay for additional slots. but if I buy the lif:yo game I heard you you geta free 1 time tranfer in the mmo is this true?
Clarification: Character ≠ Slot

You create character → You purchase one time use transfer 'ticket' → You use that ticket on that character and start your journey on the main continent, without restrictions.

This ticket once used is gone and you can't retrieve it by deleting character. If that would be a slot, some people would just screw around and piss off other players without any penalty whatsoever, because they would just delete their characters and create new ones.

And yes, owners of LiF:YO will receive one such ticket/character for free. ;)

Unbeaten
Zealous Believer

Post by Unbeaten » 18 May 2016, 20:03

Arrakis09 wrote:
Mawdeeps wrote:Hey just heard about this it looks awesome. I would be happy to pay for additional slots. but if I buy the lif:yo game I heard you you geta free 1 time tranfer in the mmo is this true?
Clarification: Character ≠ Slot

You create character → You purchase one time use transfer 'ticket' → You use that ticket on that character and start your journey on the main continent, without restrictions.

This ticket once used is gone and you can't retrieve it by deleting character. If that would be a slot, some people would just screw around and piss off other players without any penalty whatsoever, because they would just delete their characters and create new ones.

And yes, owners of LiF:YO will receive one such ticket/character for free. ;)

With this concept is it really necessary to allow multiple characters? I really fancy the concept of having your name mean everything. This way if they screwed up and had to delete it then would need to pay to cross again, I like this idea a lot. Multiple characters as I have the money for as many as I want really subtracts realism and the importance of being who I set out to be the first time around.

TheBruce

Post by TheBruce » 30 May 2016, 01:22

20 euros for buying the complete game is a good price. 10 euros for having an alt is quite a lot, i would personally never pay more than 5 euros. And please don't use a monthly fee system, just learn from other's mistakes and don't do the same, i never player ESO until it became b2p. A server of 100k people would be useless with only 2k hardcore players in it . It would kill the trade, the gameplay and the software house work and income. Just my opinion.

SirWinston
Alpha Tester

Post by SirWinston » 30 May 2016, 12:01

TheBruce wrote:20 euros for buying the complete game is a good price. 10 euros for having an alt is quite a lot, i would personally never pay more than 5 euros. And please don't use a monthly fee system, just learn from other's mistakes and don't do the same, i never player ESO until it became b2p. A server of 100k people would be useless with only 2k hardcore players in it . It would kill the trade, the gameplay and the software house work and income. Just my opinion.

The way I understood it the game was free to download, you can run around newbie island, then it's 10 bucks per character you want to send on the mainland.
Seems fair and 10$ is very cheap when you look at the quality of the game, and that way people won't make many alt characters and will have to deal with consequences of their actions. And it promotes player interactions.
Spoiler

Airco

Post by Airco » 30 May 2016, 19:00

10$ i was thinking it was 20ish?
meh will see (10$ would indeed be cheap as most mmorpgs are 10ish/month , 20ish sounds like a fair price)
Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mark2
Cpu: intel I5-4690 3.5Ghz
Cpu cooler: thermaltake Frio Extreme Silent 14 Dual
Mem: Corsair 16gb, Cmy16gx3m2a2133c11r
Gpu: Geforce 970, Asus STRIX GTX970 DC2OC 4GD5
Soundcard: Creative Soundblaster Z
HD: SAMSUNG 75E250RW SSD 850 EVO 250 GB

Docere
Alpha Tester

Post by Docere » 01 Jun 2016, 09:21

20 € is for your first character. And then if you want to have more than one character you will have to pay 10 € each.

That's what Bobik sait in the first Post:

Once the player feels ready for a big world, a single payment of 20 Euro will transfer his main toon to the main land (just like it would if you’ve bought the full game).
If a player wishes to bring over additional toons for more versatility, he will be charged 10 Euros for each one (this amount could be less depending on different offers, deals or discounts).

I personnaly find that they should keep 20 € for each character. No matter how many you have...

Houndie

Post by Houndie » 05 Jun 2016, 02:41

[quote="Docere"]20 € is for your first character. And then if you want to have more than one character you will have to pay 10 € each.

Yea not interested in this kind of pay to play for different characters. I like alts and this would be sucky

RSilience

Post by RSilience » 12 Jun 2016, 22:49

I'm very afraid people will just buy those ALT's to PK with them.
Please add a account bound honor status.

This will prevent players from creating PK characters.

Lapantino
Devoted Believer

Post by Lapantino » 13 Jun 2016, 14:58

I find it completely surreal and super unfair because those who do not pay will not be on an equal footing, is basically pay to win
ultimately

Darkhorg

Post by Darkhorg » 13 Jun 2016, 16:37

I'm very sad about this, what will happen to players that support game since first day? That bought the game in early acess? I'm one of those players, i maked the suggestion of different weathers to, many others players felt bad about this. Is unfair to pay for the first caracter 20€ when you support the game so long time! In my opinion the players that bought the game ages ago and support since forever can be allowed to take their first caracter for free in main continente or with discount like 10 euros. The others that support the game after he been released in steam should pay the normal price. Or other suggestion! If you concerned about pk's why you dnt charge 10 euros for the first caracther for everyone and more than that you charge 30 euros! This will make players rethink about create pk's caracters.

Return to General Discussion