Where does the currency come from?

General discussion about Life is Feudal MMO and Life is Feudal: Your Own, The main section and backbone of the forums.
Azzerhoden
Alpha Tester

Re: Where does the currency come from?

Post by Azzerhoden » 17 May 2016, 19:48

Players will be able to see what is for sale at any trade post in the game. However, they will not be able to purchase those items unless they visit the place.

There will likely not be any NPCs in the trade posts, but if there are they will be for cosmetic purposes only. NPCs will not buy items from players for 'default' values.

Currency will actually come from larger guilds, who can make it.
| - Alpha Tester and Zealous Believer

Kingdom of Hyperion founding Duchy - A practical RP Community est. 1999 - Apply Today!

Karabas
Alpha Tester

Post by Karabas » 18 May 2016, 00:44

dont pay gold price.
pay iron price!
Gray tag. Gray axe.Image

Airco

Post by Airco » 18 May 2016, 16:09

Azzerhoden wrote:Players will be able to see what is for sale at any trade post in the game. However, they will not be able to purchase those items unless they visit the place.

There will likely not be any NPCs in the trade posts, but if there are they will be for cosmetic purposes only. NPCs will not buy items from players for 'default' values.

Currency will actually come from larger guilds, who can make it.

if i am not mistaken the currency wil only come from the main capital and players wil not be able to make it.
and the tradepost should get a npc bhut currently is not inplemented yet, it is however stil ingame for roleplayer purposes
Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mark2
Cpu: intel I5-4690 3.5Ghz
Cpu cooler: thermaltake Frio Extreme Silent 14 Dual
Mem: Corsair 16gb, Cmy16gx3m2a2133c11r
Gpu: Geforce 970, Asus STRIX GTX970 DC2OC 4GD5
Soundcard: Creative Soundblaster Z
HD: SAMSUNG 75E250RW SSD 850 EVO 250 GB

Arel37

Post by Arel37 » 19 May 2016, 13:53

I have a question. Why would players want to trade between trade posts while they can get stuff and convert it to money in central city ?

Ubaciosamse
Beta Tester

Post by Ubaciosamse » 19 May 2016, 14:09

It was mentioned somewere that the currency will be made with individual guilds or if u will knigdoms, i atleast never heard of it being mentioned officialy that you will get curency at the main city at all, however i never speak anything officialy so I might be the one in the wrong.

Airco

Post by Airco » 19 May 2016, 15:03

Arel37 wrote:I have a question. Why would players want to trade between trade posts while they can get stuff and convert it to money in central city ?

resources wil be scatterd over the land so a guild can get easyer access to some resources than the one on the other side of the map and vice versa, if i am not wrong the resources in YO are located closesly to eachother in comparison
Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mark2
Cpu: intel I5-4690 3.5Ghz
Cpu cooler: thermaltake Frio Extreme Silent 14 Dual
Mem: Corsair 16gb, Cmy16gx3m2a2133c11r
Gpu: Geforce 970, Asus STRIX GTX970 DC2OC 4GD5
Soundcard: Creative Soundblaster Z
HD: SAMSUNG 75E250RW SSD 850 EVO 250 GB

Tantal
Alpha Tester

Post by Tantal » 19 May 2016, 15:41

Ubaciosamse wrote:It was mentioned somewere that the currency will be made with individual guilds or if u will knigdoms, i atleast never heard of it being mentioned officialy that you will get curency at the main city at all, however i never speak anything officialy so I might be the one in the wrong.

I thought, money cannot be produced by players using rawmaterials. I thought it is brought in the game by other mechanics like devs, npc shops, etc.

Ubaciosamse
Beta Tester

Post by Ubaciosamse » 19 May 2016, 15:55

Well im unsure myself but it should be made by each kingdom and for their curency to have real value insted of just being gold they have to force people to use their curency aka sell their materials/goods at trader posts for their own coins and not the other kingdoms and other things, its just what ive read on some places the detailes idk xD we will see anyway hopefully soon :P

Dragmar
Zealous Believer

Post by Dragmar » 19 May 2016, 16:00

This is somewhat old now, but it was the answere that I got about currency back when Bobik did his ask me anything on Reddit

My question:
"The fact that you can spawn coins in to LIF:YO makes me belive that a monitary economy is gonna be implemented into the MMO. Right now people are using the goood old bartering and trading of actual wares and not coins though. So what are your plans to make the money part of the economy a real aspect of the game? Weekly taxes, some kind of money sink for larger kingdoms, etc?"

His answere:
"Yes we have some huge plans for monetary economy in future. Kingdoms (guilds that had forced to submit or allied another guild) will be able to craft their own coins. Since everyone who can have access to the trade post will be able to place their own buy and sell offers, those guilds might want to provide exclusive goods with a price set only in their own currency, thus boosting that particular currency value. Later on we plan to implement something similar to currency stock exchange, so all player created currencies can be exchanged freely and price of that exchange will be dynamical (like with real life currencies). So a good performance of some guild on a battlefield might raise its currency value on that stock exchange and vice versa ;)"

Link:
https://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/35yhlw/iama_bobik_project_leader_of_life_is_feudal_your/cr9046u?context=10000

Ubaciosamse
Beta Tester

Post by Ubaciosamse » 19 May 2016, 16:04

There a nice answer from our Norwagian Master Banker xD

Tantal
Alpha Tester

Post by Tantal » 19 May 2016, 16:04

This sounds really great. Thanks for the information, Dragmar!

Dragmar
Zealous Believer

Post by Dragmar » 19 May 2016, 16:11

Tantal wrote:This sounds really great. Thanks for the information, Dragmar!

No problem, happy to talk ingame echonomy with anyone interested. :)

As a real life banker and the Vanirs Treasurer I might have a more then normal interest in this spesific part of the game. :D :D

Return to General Discussion