Developer Compilation

General discussion about Life is Feudal MMO and Life is Feudal: Your Own, The main section and backbone of the forums.
Ubaciosamse
Beta Tester

Developer Compilation

Post by Ubaciosamse » 20 May 2016, 09:24

NEW Interview 07/09/2016
https://soundcloud.com/user-856624215/0 ... -interview
MMO CBT FAQ : mmo-tests-interactive-faq-t19456/

Interview Questions and answers [ incomplete ]

Q1 : Whats the ETA for the start of wave #1 ?
A1 : "To be honest I can not disclose it at the moment, there is no certain date, there is a huge reason for that, we are in the middle of negotiations with a company that is interested in helping us with the game and its marketing and PR. When we finalise the plan then we can hope for ETAs and certain dates, also it does not effect our developing progress or speed."
-Follow up : "Something like the end of October sounds pritty viable, but again its not final nor official, its just roughly what we are aiming for"

Q2 : As for combat what are you aiming for?
A2 : "My personal opinion in an MMORPG, you should not die instantly, I know that realisam will be sacraficed alot for that reason, but for an MMORPG scale, id say that there should be atleast a couple of hits before you are dead. I understand it might result in some unrealistic situations, but we will see how larger battles go to tweak it more if need be."

Q3 : How do you feel about the female models?
A3 : Some things that were brought up in the interview raised attention to certain problems of the female models, the idea of range and hitbox size was intentional, but we will see how it will effect things in the future.
Last edited by Ubaciosamse on 07 Sep 2016, 15:22, edited 6 times in total.

Ubaciosamse
Beta Tester

Re: Developer Compilation

Post by Ubaciosamse » 20 May 2016, 09:26

Last edited by Ubaciosamse on 20 May 2016, 09:37, edited 4 times in total.

Ubaciosamse
Beta Tester

Post by Ubaciosamse » 20 May 2016, 09:29

Comments will go here some with the question some without depending how clear they are.

Q : Will the MMO Client be Non-Steam?
A : "We are not planning on releasing MMO on Steam.
MMO has an independent launcher and account settings here on the website. ;)
by Arrakis09
11 May 2016, 13:33 "

"Saxxon 15 hours ago
The cash shop will remain a place to buy cosmetics etc. only. Skill caps will remain just that, caps to insure fun and balanced gameplay. I guess the closest thing to a skill pack booster would be to buy another character to open up more options to the player.

edit- Keep in mind retraining skills will be a viable choice if a player wishes to alter a characters usefulness in changing situations. "

Q : Where will the MMO test server aka closed alpha testing server be hosted?
A : Saxxon 14 May @ 11:20pm
Just one server initially. It will be based in Germany for testing.

Q : What is the qualification to join the mmo early?
A : [developer] 9 May @ 4:54pm
LIF owners will be able to participate in the 2nd stage of testing.

"Saxxon 9 May @ 1:23am
Q : Originally posted by Dam Son:
So i just bought the game.. was it a mistake since a new mmo is coming out and i have to buy it again?

A : No Son. You will recieve a character to use in the mmo with this purchase. "

"Saxxon 29 Apr @ 3:44pm
Q : Originally posted by Cinstea FirestorM:
whens 64bit coming in?

Soon. I wish I could be more specific, sorry. It is a very high priority right now. "

My favorite xD When having any game related issues.
"Saxxon 29 Apr @ 2:23pm
UBA is right.

Here is a link with instructions if you are having issues. These logs help us figure out how to help you: http://steamcommunity.com/app/290080/di ... 721406897/ "

Alligement comment : "Saxxon 23 Apr @ 2:17am
It is not difficult to manage your alignment thru prayer and other unannounced skills based around the church and religious leaders.

People that go below -50, well let's just say we have saved a special place in hell for them. They can still manage their alignment to -50 but they will never be able to rise above that with their character.

Keep in mind you will be able to raise you alignment quite high through various activities which will allow you "when needed" to rek someone who has it coming.

There are also no alignment penalties for killing people when in an officially declared war that is ongoing between to rival guilds or kingdoms.
Last edited by Saxxon; 23 Apr @ 2:19am "

"
Q : Will the MMO be a free game?
Saxxon 22 Apr @ 7:16pm
No. You will have to buy "characters". Details can be found here http://massivelyop.com/2016/01/08/life- ... beta-test/

By owning LiF: YO you are entitled to one character for testing and the launch of the mmo. Notice I said one character and not one character slot. This character cannot permanently die, but if you delete this character you will have to purchase another one to gain access to the main gameworld. "

Q : Why are crossbows before bows?
A :" Bows actually require proper training to use them effectively, while crossbows can be used even by untrained peasants which is a fact in history. Give a farmer a bow and knight walks up and cuts his head off, give a farmer a crossbow and he kills the knight dead. So while the bow is certainly easier to craft, it's much more difficult to handle. That's why they are placed in this particular order on the skill tree and not otherwise.
Last edited by Saxxon; 9 Apr @ 7:04pm "

Q : Curency in the MMO?
A : "Saxxon 30 Mar @ 2:45pm
Piskunov described how guilds at a certain level in Life is Feudal can actually mint their own coins out of gold and silver. However, guilds will have to maintain the value of their coin with goods, and others can try to devalue the coin. Guilds can require that purchases at their trading post be made in their own coin, forcing players to trade their own goods to obtain these coins. Think stock market mechanics in an MMO. Piskunov expressed that he really enjoyed creating this economic system (he has Ph.D. in economics).

Source: http://massivelyop.com/2016/01/08/life- ... beta-test/ "

Q : Ammount of resources in the MMO? A : http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.c ... 3F7C156F5/

Q : Thoughts on the MMO? Resources and other?
A : "Arrakis 26 Apr @ 1:33am
You shouldn't be worried about seeing such desolated areas. What is one of the most interesting things about this giant continent is that there are valuable resources scattered all around it and one guild will not be able to gain exclusive access to all of them and become economically independent. That's why there will be trading posts, to exchange those resources. First of all, of course, players will have to find areas rich in certain resources and gain control over them. And the future will hold so much more once guilds - kingdoms will fight over them and force one another to leave or submit themselves and share their resources. There are many possible scenarios, but what I'm trying to say is, that people will scatter and search for the best spot with resources, and everyone will try to hold to them in order to have something to trade and advance. And at some point, resources at certain areas might be completely depleted, and that will force groups to move somewhere else.

As for the capabilities of our servers, beta stages are supposed to help determine how much those servers will actually hold. "
Q : Will we get destroyed by 500+ groups while we are offline :O?
A : Saxxon 7 hours ago
"This will not be possible. It takes many battles over a certain period of time to advance to being able to seige a holding.

As Vanirs stated, "specifics have not been released yet", but you get the general idea. "

Q: Will Sawmills be functional in LiF:YO or it is only MMORPG functionality?
A: Sawmills will be working in LiF:YO. They will be overhauled to be wind driven and will be presented later this year.
by Arrakis » 14 Jan 2016, 19:37
Last edited by Ubaciosamse on 21 May 2016, 12:51, edited 16 times in total.

Ubaciosamse
Beta Tester

Post by Ubaciosamse » 20 May 2016, 09:31

NEW Interview with Bobik brought to you by Stormsblade regarding plans of MMO claims :
"by Stormsblade » 19 May 2016, 00:39

Note, this represents candid conversation by Bobik addressing a planned set of unimplemented features in the game. As always, game design is fluid. The Developers are attempting to make the best game they can, and need to prioritize how much time and manhours need be invested into specific features. For that reason, development designs change. I guarantee you Bobik cares just as much (or more) as you do about Life is Feudal being as good of a game as possible.

The following is the conversation:
http://puu.sh/oWRHE/b072c54b2a.png
http://puu.sh/oWROj/7a016d5d0b.png
http://puu.sh/oWRPB/8495010d09.png
http://puu.sh/oWRRg/114287b6c5.png
"

Army of clones! WIP NOTE : NPCs function or even existence or anything not official confirmed its just a test video.

Source : the-clone-army-t17307/
Last edited by Ubaciosamse on 23 May 2016, 13:57, edited 3 times in total.

Ubaciosamse
Beta Tester

Post by Ubaciosamse » 20 May 2016, 09:33

SPECULATION _ RUMMOR area
Most of the speculations are by myself and gathered from other players.
Speculations proven incorrect and similar will be removed :)

Q : Skillcap in the MMO?
A : I guess either 400 or 500 or 600 nothing below or under that due to the fact 400 is minimal to get to the end of a crafting tree. We will probably get definitive proof after lets say the closed testing part and most certenly during the beta part :)

Q : Why the MMO delay?!?!
A : Well my own personal opinion of everything I read and similar, it's worth it trust me, its not just the MMO that is one word, you have some old issues in the game that we learned to live with, some new people don't even realise them how problematic they are and they are connected to the core of the game.
Seccond thing is they mentioned the starting town, I will explain that soon, and they mentioned minigames, thats a very important feature also very hard to implement and quite unique.
So there are alot of "promised" "core" things they need to do for the mmo but people fail to see that and how demanding that is.

Q : Starting city? Spawn city? Im confused?
A : This is some things I understand about the city, if anyone has PROOF of me being wrong can give me his source and Ill correct it.
I personaly can not link my source because its little bits and pieces over time, that means this is "NOT Official INFO".
The spawn/starting city, is a premade city in the middle of the Big MMO map, everyone that transfers their character off the "newbie island" will be spawned there insted of randomly on the map.
The premade part of the city as "speculated" around will have housing and "maybe" other things. These houses can be rented unsure how but they provide a "safe zone". From that initial spawn the first time you join you can go out and explore and find ur friends or what ever.
"Will it haz NPCZ?" I honestly dont know but I saw this being asked it has nothing official on it. Npcs are supposed to be in the game as native camps of sorts i put a interview link in the top post about it.
Another note is that there should NOT be a way to teleport back to the spawn city unless you are bound to a house you rented I guess, like I said all this is pure speculation thats why its in a seperate section of the thread.
Here is a link that was passed on to us by Azzerhoden of how the city initialy looked like about 2 years ago in the first very basic testing.

Q : What are these Minigames?
A : This is an outdated video for it but it is still a planed feature, atm its just a game on the website to test it and people to try it out. It should work very similar to the old video and the website games.

Link to the website minigames to try them out : http://lifeisfeudal.com/All-minigames-in-one

Q : MMO was tested before?
A : Yes quite some time ago, but due to the size and how demanding the project was at that time, they decided to make the standalone version first. About 90% of everything that will be in the MMO will be in the standalone YO version, so it was a good way to test and make things on smaller scale first.
Here are some videos provided by our good friends "La Orden" and Damlet of how the first MMO testing was long time ago :D
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cMzMLo0 ... pTVjmAbYgd

Also here are some videos from Baelgor of the "Ordo Teutonicus"
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... NTsCv4LuWL
Last edited by Ubaciosamse on 23 May 2016, 22:16, edited 11 times in total.

Airco

Post by Airco » 20 May 2016, 09:52

Ubaciosamse wrote:Again I Repeat Do NOT flood the thread ...

why not put up a blog yourself whit wordpress or something?
Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mark2
Cpu: intel I5-4690 3.5Ghz
Cpu cooler: thermaltake Frio Extreme Silent 14 Dual
Mem: Corsair 16gb, Cmy16gx3m2a2133c11r
Gpu: Geforce 970, Asus STRIX GTX970 DC2OC 4GD5
Soundcard: Creative Soundblaster Z
HD: SAMSUNG 75E250RW SSD 850 EVO 250 GB

Ubaciosamse
Beta Tester

Post by Ubaciosamse » 20 May 2016, 09:55

Airco wrote:
Ubaciosamse wrote:Again I Repeat Do NOT flood the thread ...

why not put up a blog yourself whit wordpress or something?

It is 2 external people would not feel comfortable opening an external page and thus less informed people then simply using the forums, atleast those are my thoughts.

Stormsblade
Alpha Tester

Post by Stormsblade » 20 May 2016, 11:11

Thank you for this, Ubi - You have done a tremendous job. Your hard work demonstrates the wealth of information the devs give to us regularly.

Ubaciosamse
Beta Tester

Post by Ubaciosamse » 20 May 2016, 11:32

Stormsblade wrote:Thank you for this, Ubi - You have done a tremendous job. Your hard work demonstrates the wealth of information the devs give to us regularly.

I hope this over time proves that there is very valuable info out there for everyone to see if they look properly, and even if they dont Ill try and keep this up to date and add it for the lazy people :D

Hoshiqua
Alpha Tester

Post by Hoshiqua » 20 May 2016, 13:57

I don't know if it's the right place to discuss that but no, a peasant wouldn't "kill a knight dead" with just a crossbow.. and yes it does require skill and strength to reload and shoot, just like a gun does.
I don't know where they get information on these topics but it's the same with throwing weapons size (particularly the javelin) and two handed hammers even existing as effective weapons.. if they are so concerned about realism they'd see that those are way too heavy to be used. Most in history were shorter.

But I'm not gonna wall - o - text here, and more importantly, thank you ! That's a great initiative, and at least I'll have a link to give to people saying the devs never tell us anything.

Ubaciosamse
Beta Tester

Post by Ubaciosamse » 20 May 2016, 14:36

Hoshiqua wrote:I don't know if it's the right place to discuss that but no, a peasant wouldn't "kill a knight dead" with just a crossbow.. and yes it does require skill and strength to reload and shoot, just like a gun does.
I don't know where they get information on these topics but it's the same with throwing weapons size (particularly the javelin) and two handed hammers even existing as effective weapons.. if they are so concerned about realism they'd see that those are way too heavy to be used. Most in history were shorter.

But I'm not gonna wall - o - text here, and more importantly, thank you ! That's a great initiative, and at least I'll have a link to give to people saying the devs never tell us anything.

There is another topic open there about bows and all that, please dont start one here, you can use this one as a reference in other posts :D

Baelgor
Alpha Tester

Post by Baelgor » 20 May 2016, 22:52

Thanks for the effort Uba! This is really great^^
I already know most of this but its cool to look through some of this again :)

Ubaciosamse
Beta Tester

Post by Ubaciosamse » 21 May 2016, 08:36

Updated some info about the spawn city and minigames, in the "speculation" part :D Since there is not alot of official info how all that is going to work yet. But ive heard alot of newer people are quite confused what minigames actualy are, and what the spawn city is.
Note the speculation part its just an opinion from collected multiple sources over time, none of it is official.

Azzerhoden
Alpha Tester

Post by Azzerhoden » 21 May 2016, 15:43

Here is a closed-alpha video from two years ago with Bobik that shows a bit what the starting city looks like and led me to contribute to the game before YO was available on Steam.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0yfChHJaIhc
| - Alpha Tester and Zealous Believer

Kingdom of Hyperion founding Duchy - A practical RP Community est. 1999 - Apply Today!

Gastenns
Beta Tester

Post by Gastenns » 21 May 2016, 18:42

Great job uba nicely put together!

Ubaciosamse
Beta Tester

Post by Ubaciosamse » 22 May 2016, 13:42

Azzerhoden wrote:Here is a closed-alpha video from two years ago with Bobik that shows a bit what the starting city looks like and led me to contribute to the game before YO was available on Steam.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0yfChHJaIhc

Thank you, I have added it to the city post :)

Damlet
Alpha Tester

Post by Damlet » 23 May 2016, 09:09

Hi Uba,

These are the videos that I was recording in the testings of MMO and years ago, you can see the transformation that has taken the game to this day.

And settlement are evidence that made "La Orden" on the server 19, "Since we Bobik named in that other video" so that people do not stay with the desire to see that we did.

If you see interesting yourself;)

Good job!

Ubaciosamse
Beta Tester

Post by Ubaciosamse » 23 May 2016, 13:27

Damlet wrote:Hi Uba,

These are the videos that I was recording in the testings of MMO and years ago, you can see the transformation that has taken the game to this day.

And settlement are evidence that made "La Orden" on the server 19, "Since we Bobik named in that other video" so that people do not stay with the desire to see that we did.

If you see interesting yourself;)

Good job!

Gracias Damlet, La Orden muy mal xD
I added it as a link since it cant use the youtube tags because its a playlist :D

Stormsblade
Alpha Tester

Post by Stormsblade » 23 May 2016, 13:34

You might want to put my informal interview with Bobik somewhere, regarding guild features as currently planned for the MMO Beta:

post76360/#p76360

Ubaciosamse
Beta Tester

Post by Ubaciosamse » 23 May 2016, 13:56

Stormsblade wrote:You might want to put my informal interview with Bobik somewhere, regarding guild features as currently planned for the MMO Beta:

post76360/#p76360

I added it, thank you i did see those but somehow they sliped my mind :D

Baelgor
Alpha Tester

Post by Baelgor » 23 May 2016, 21:20

Here is a playlist of my early MMO videos hope they are of some use to you guys :) I also captured the Wanna be a movie star event for the very first trailer... but my audio was broken so theres only the OST^^ Still enjoyable because it were the first large scale battles in LiF History!

Ubaciosamse
Beta Tester

Post by Ubaciosamse » 23 May 2016, 22:44

Baelgor wrote:Here is a playlist of my early MMO videos hope they are of some use to you guys :) I also captured the Wanna be a movie star event for the very first trailer... but my audio was broken so theres only the OST^^ Still enjoyable because it were the first large scale battles in LiF History!

It has been added, thank you very much :)

Damlet
Alpha Tester

Post by Damlet » 24 May 2016, 19:40

Test NOW!

Ubaciosamse
Beta Tester

Post by Ubaciosamse » 24 May 2016, 19:42

But no launcher /cry but im ready :beer:

Damlet
Alpha Tester

Post by Damlet » 24 May 2016, 19:44

Jajajaja , we are ready!!!! :friends:

Artoria Pendragon
Zealous Believer

Post by Artoria Pendragon » 25 May 2016, 06:35

Damlet wrote:Jajajaja , we are ready!!!! :friends:

wats happened !plz
丨Revenge丨Unity丨Brave丨Yeomanry |

Ubaciosamse
Beta Tester

Post by Ubaciosamse » 26 May 2016, 09:10

Just a reminder for later use, that most of the new usefull info about the CBT and the MMO is in another FAQ thread made recently
mmo-tests-interactive-faq-t19456/

Ubaciosamse
Beta Tester

Post by Ubaciosamse » 03 Jun 2016, 17:07

Recent news MMO wave 0# delayed due to moving to another studio
More can be found here :
moving-studios-t19681/

Hope everything goes well and that we can see that things are back on track soon :beer:

Cinstea
True Believer

Post by Cinstea » 22 Jun 2016, 08:04

nice

Ubaciosamse
Beta Tester

Post by Ubaciosamse » 07 Sep 2016, 15:06

NEW : I will try to add in my spare time to the first post of the thread the questions and answers of the latest community interview we had. Hope it helps.

Regards,
Nooba

Return to General Discussion