MMO Tests - Interactive FAQ

General discussion about Life is Feudal MMO and Life is Feudal: Your Own, The main section and backbone of the forums.
Jackstark5

Re: MMO Tests - Interactive FAQ

Post by Jackstark5 » 12 Jun 2016, 17:17

I just don't think you're going to get proper stress testing from 60-100 people, If the servers are to handle 10,000 + people.

Even if they let in a few hundred more people, if they don't play often what good is that? I just wish there were a way that people at a certain hour mark on the game could get in.

I’m not advocating myself, but i know people who have 1000+ hours on this game over 2 years, yet there are backers with 100 hours who don't even play or know anything about this game anymore.

I just hope in three months from now when we are let in the servers don't crash every ten minutes because they missed an opportunity to properly stress test.

I foresee wave 2 being a huge force that can either repel or attract a massive player base. I really hope they succeed because i freaking love this game.

Anyway, good luck guys. Life is feudal for us wave 2 peasants.
-Jack Stark

I like to play

Arrakis

Post by Arrakis » 12 Jun 2016, 17:44

Please, this is an interactive FAQ for questions and answers, not a thread for discussion. If you want to open any kind of discussion, please create a new thread. ;)

Ubaciosamse
Beta Tester

Post by Ubaciosamse » 12 Jun 2016, 17:47

109. When the resources will be shuffed what does that actualy mean, will all spots be altered such abundent clay on shores?

Slainaa
Devoted Believer

Post by Slainaa » 14 Jun 2016, 00:27

110. how do u get invited to the beta? i realy want to get in :D

• Answer: At the moment we're still considering inviting more testers. We'll see about that after some time of testing by our alpha testers. If you own LiF:YO though, you will have access to wave #2.

111. are there any friendly npcs in the game like villages with guards and merchants?

• Answer: Not at the moment. Later there will be probably some vendors with decoration items.

CaladanBrood

Post by CaladanBrood » 14 Jun 2016, 06:42

112. Re: server locations. Presently our guildmates in Beta Wave 0 are experiencing 350 - 400ms latency, which is basically unplayable for anyone from our region (Australia). I understand this is just a testing phase and that regional servers will be implemented in future, but we wonder about the mechanics. Will there be a single persistent world with local nodes we can connect to, or will there be separate regional worlds (one for EU, one for US, one for SE Asia, etc)?

• Answer: In some later beta stages, we will probably open some regional servers.

Lake

Post by Lake » 14 Jun 2016, 09:43

Slainaa wrote:110. how do u get invited to the beta? i realy want to get in :D

Life Is Feudal your own owners will get access in Wave #2

Kapustin_Yar

central MMO-infohub?

Post by Kapustin_Yar » 14 Jun 2016, 09:52

Hey,

I haven't played LiF in weeks, mainly because I'm really not to keen about building something for a few months, only to migrate to the MMO.

The beta is getting really close now, so I wonder why it is so difficult to find out about it. Problems are:

- very few beta videos on Youtube
- features discovered accidentially (e.g. new animals found)
- rumors of a city on the Beta map (is it in yet?)
- map looks boring (no dramatic change in landscape/biomes)
- map looks smaller than advertised (probably wrong about this, but this is all the space for 10000 players???

I guess the team is still hard at work and doesn't have time for this, but why nobody from the community made any informative videos like that is beyond me. There are basically a handful of videos about the MMO and most of them are in Russian. More information, please. Especially about what makes this better/different from LiF:YO.

Slainaa
Devoted Believer

Post by Slainaa » 14 Jun 2016, 10:47

113. i heard something about a currency like copper , silver, and gold coins. what is so special with currency if there are no npc vendors with other then decorations.

• Answer: We are planning to implement players' guilds currencies, which will allow them to setup exchange rates of simple gold on their currency. There are also plans to add NPC traders in global auction that will sell some tools and equipment and buy some resources, but it is far too early to talk about it in the current stage of testing.

Lake

Post by Lake » 14 Jun 2016, 12:51

Ubaciosamse wrote:109. When the resources will be shuffed what does that actualy mean, will all spots be altered such abundent clay on shores?

I can't believe I'm actually seeing you ask the question UBA! But I imagine that things like the clay on the rivers won't change, as it wouldn't make a whole lot of sense to have iron in it's place.

Lolsz123
Beta Tester

Post by Lolsz123 » 15 Jun 2016, 04:14

115. plz shorten the 1# wave`s time, plz, which is all we wish to !

Lake

Post by Lake » 15 Jun 2016, 14:37

Lolsz123 wrote:115. plz shorten the 1# wave`s time, plz, which is all we wish to !

This isn't a question :no: ! But the developers will have an agenda which they want to meet before they progress. The timeframes given in the original announcement will be when they expect to meet them; which is when we can all expect to get access to the MMO.

Laertes
Devoted Believer

Post by Laertes » 15 Jun 2016, 15:15

116. Does is still/atm make sense to report issues of YO (which uses most of the same code as you told) or did ya put 100% of dev. Manpower into current MMO testing?

• Answer: Of course it makes sense. Technical issues in the LiF:YO are most likely replicated in the MMO since these both games are mostly working on the same code.

Ubaciosamse
Beta Tester

Post by Ubaciosamse » 15 Jun 2016, 19:11

Lake wrote:
Ubaciosamse wrote:109. When the resources will be shuffed what does that actualy mean, will all spots be altered such abundent clay on shores?

I can't believe I'm actually seeing you ask the question UBA! But I imagine that things like the clay on the rivers won't change, as it wouldn't make a whole lot of sense to have iron in it's place.

First of all, I apologise that im posting a quote here where questions should be posted.
Seccond, the clay on shores on the MMO are different not the same as in YO, so I was asking a correct question. Refering to a thing you dont have enough knowledge yet. And yes i know it wont turn into iron, you underestimate my vast sexy knowledge.
Third please do not quote people in the FAQ it is used for questions and not discussion.

Tufed
True Believer

Post by Tufed » 17 Jun 2016, 08:33

as you need to kill to get into the # 1 or how much you need to pray to get to # 1? or if you want my money? Take my money! screw up, screw up a little bit, I want to squeeze in a wave # 1 :O:
Forgive my English, Google has come to me.

Artoria Pendragon
Zealous Believer

Post by Artoria Pendragon » 17 Jun 2016, 14:10

Tufed wrote:as you need to kill to get into the # 1 or how much you need to pray to get to # 1? or if you want my money? Take my money! screw up, screw up a little bit, I want to squeeze in a wave # 1 :O:

so do i,
take my money and let me in,
丨Revenge丨Unity丨Brave丨Yeomanry |

Khan-
Zealous Believer

Post by Khan- » 19 Jun 2016, 17:08

117. Any plan for turning off completely the claim display at long range and being able to see it only when we cross the claim border ?
(this kills scout job)

• Answer: In LiF:MMO lvl2 guild monuments and claims will be visible on a global map showing that they're part of a global politics. We might consider turning down the brightness of claims in the distance, but we won't hide them completely.
100% French speaking alliance of Royaume Franc : http://lifeisfeudal-fr.com/
Les Témoins de Mérovée Site - Forum - Me contacter

Swak
True Believer

Post by Swak » 20 Jun 2016, 02:16

I am confused I believe I purchased this before Steam and I want to partake in the beta and can't find a direct answer on how I find out to see if I can apply.

Jeannedarc
Beta Tester

Post by Jeannedarc » 21 Jun 2016, 09:26

118. From what I understand during wars there will be no alignment loss for killing people of the opposing faction. What will prevent me from camping someones claim or spawn and basically grief them by killing them over and over all day long, for no alignment loss.

• Answer: If your guild will be in official war with them - then nothing, except the fact that their members can camp you the same way too. And most likely, sooner or later we will implement some kind of monument protection that will make it harder to be in an enemy city outside of Siege periods.

Ubaciosamse
Beta Tester

Post by Ubaciosamse » 21 Jun 2016, 09:36

119. What is your view on the current progress of the wave 0# on ammount of issues reported and the speed they are being resolved at, and with that do you think we are on a good track to see wave #1 within the given time frame "Duration (aprox.): A few days/up to a couple of weeks" It has been about 11 days aprox just for refrence, and keep up the hard work.

• Answer: Well we've expected worst but wished for the better. Overall, we've lowered a number of server crashes from hundreds to single crashes. We want to stabilize servers fo a 99% uptime, and then stick to game breaking bug fixes, proper guilds/politics/claims system implementation (already in progress) and some other fixes. Yes, it will take a few weeks more, but hopefully, should not take longer that a month from now on.

Drogoth

Post by Drogoth » 21 Jun 2016, 17:09

120. I don't know if it's lack of research on my part (I used the forum's search tool) , but how many simultaneous players do you plan to have per server node ?

I hear very variable numbers from community members and streamers alike, some say 50 others say 300 ?

Cheers , your game is making my dream game come true :beer:

• Answer: Single node can hold about 200+ players.

Artoria Pendragon
Zealous Believer

Post by Artoria Pendragon » 23 Jun 2016, 06:18

121.would you devs consider to shorten the period time of #1 wave, you know most of us are turning into more dejected which starting to give up this game, if there is a ticket for joining on sale (or new support) while wave 1# is actived and we`ll be pleased to perchase it.
plz think about it !
丨Revenge丨Unity丨Brave丨Yeomanry |

CCUGhostJrDK

Post by CCUGhostJrDK » 23 Jun 2016, 12:55

Hello this might be a stupid question. But is there any way to apply or kind of sign up to a MMO tester list. I have had this game for a very long time and the MMO was really what had me buy it so i recently returned to LIF:YO to prepare for the MMO.

When the devs says that the backers from 2014 will be able to participate in the beta does that count for us who bought it on steam back in 2014.

I purchased it on steam the 1st october 2014.

Cattoaster

Post by Cattoaster » 23 Jun 2016, 19:46

122. As you've mentioned yourself, LiF:MMO will not be able on Steam and all LiF:YO owners will get a chance to test the MMO in wave #2. Just wondering how all LiF:YO owners will get access to the MMO. What have they to do to get a chance to take part in the MMO tests? A complete profile with a valid steam key of LiF:YO, registration on this forum, checking my inbox each day :) ?

• Answer: LiF:MMO will be on Steam, just not right from the start, since Steam integration takes its time too. LiF:YO owners can just link their Steam account on our site (https://lifeisfeudal.com/billing/accoun ... -links.php) and according to Steam API documentation we should be able to verify LiF:YO ownership automatically. If that linked account will have LiF:YO - then it will have access to according beta wave without waiting for it to appear on Steam.

Dalin
Beta Tester

Post by Dalin » 24 Jun 2016, 13:13

123. Will you intervene in wars (or prohibit) if the wars can make lagg the MMO (i mean if a war have more in a node (or a couple of nodes) 500 players) ?

• Answer: We will do our best to avoid any artificial limitations during gameplay. Consider our policy as EVE Online - blobs are there, no one likes them, but CPP does not prohibit them.
Traducteur FR - Gestionnaire du Wiki FR - Bijoutier des TdM

Ninjanomnom
Beta Tester

Post by Ninjanomnom » 25 Jun 2016, 20:28

Mind giving an update to what was said in this thread? automations-and-scripted-bots-the-verdict-t4819/

124. Has anything changed in your stance towards macros/botting?

• Answer: Nope, we will not be against it. But time will tell how it is going to work out.

125. If not, what about tools using information gathered from the memory? (Like nearby player locations)

• Answer: That is called hacking :) If you use some clicker or macro program to do some repetitive tasks - that is ok for now. If you hack program memory EVEN only for the sake of reading it - that is still a hack. Indeed you can create a radar or alter models or anything in that way. Such cases will be treated as hacks and will be banable offence.

Hallaxe

Post by Hallaxe » 26 Jun 2016, 18:16

I cannot wait for this mmo to be released!!

Hurlzalot
Devoted Believer

Post by Hurlzalot » 27 Jun 2016, 00:14

126. How are you planning to manage the increased amount of players joining during beta#2? Will everyone be spawning in square 25? Or maybe be able to spawn randomly on the map?

• Answer: We consider some random shore spawn location. But generally, we want to prepare 25 to a high load of players, because no matter where they will spawn - they will come to server 25 to trade or team up most certainly. So we will have to optimize 25th server to the max.

Menmatrix

Post by Menmatrix » 28 Jun 2016, 01:00

Some news for CBT?Date to start?Plz

Ubaciosamse
Beta Tester

Post by Ubaciosamse » 28 Jun 2016, 07:29

Menmatrix wrote:Some news for CBT?Date to start?Plz

CBT has allready started, it is currently under wave 0#.
mmo-cbt-when-is-your-turn-t19988/

Kildrith
Zealous Believer

Post by Kildrith » 28 Jun 2016, 13:56

127. I have seen a lot of terraforming for bases where you dig a trench around the base in the shape of a V. So you can get stuck and just get stunned over and over and getting out on your own really does not seem possible, Is there any plan in place to stop this? (I know there is talk of smoothing terrain with decay but I guess I am asking more about if this is on a guild claim) (apologizes if this has been asked and answered already)

• Answer: We plan to both fix that jittering and also implement a climbing mode that will allow climbing steppe mountains and even such pits along with siege ladders or some trees.

Return to General Discussion