Question: how should a PvP-server be

Reeve87
Beta Tester

Question: how should a PvP-server be

Post by Reeve87 » 16 Jun 2016, 17:56

Hello LiF PvP lovers,

A friend of mine wanted to start a Life is Feudal PvP Server and we were wondering about what settings it should have. We are located in the EU. I played on a lot of different PvP servers so I can’t tell what is “the best way”. It always seemed to me that the settings don't matter too much if the server has good performance and a lot of players. Of course we can take care of the first point (performance) but the second point is a bit out of our hand. So we wanted to know what would attracts the most people aside from other people :)

So to give you something to start with I would like to tell you my suggestion and then hear your improvements.

The skillmultiplier should be moderate at 10. Also the skillcap at 1100 to allow 2 professions but not to enough to attract solo players. I would use the default settings on Animal breeding time and plant growth time.

JH should be 3 times a week. I would go with We, Fr and Su, so you have 2 days while RL working and 1 day on the weekend to prepare for the next one. Time could be 20:00 GMT until 21:30 GMT.

Extras:

I really liked the option to have the alignment reset to 1000 every time you log in rather than having a 100 skillmultiplier to decrease repeated skilling.

Treescript to remove low quality trees. This increases the server performance but on the downside the loss of a lot of feeling for these medieval forests.

Automatic Server restart every 24 hours

Starterkit is a nice gimmick. You could put the primitive tools in it and 10 preparations to increase intelligence for a quickstart monument, if you are at least 4 people.

Since Poisons and War Cries are still unbalanced and maybe bugged I would remove them.

I’m not sure if it’s possible but a decreased timer for Res sickness would be great.

Ruleset:

The ruleset should not be too complicated.
    - Avoid ditches were you glitch out
    - Don’t destroy monuments
    - Avoid floating Objects
    - Don’t use login to get on fortifications
    - Second characters should be allowed because you don't get any - alignment advantages from it.
    - Don’t log out inside enemy claim

Thanks in advance for your feedback :)

Boz
Zealous Believer

Re: Question: how should a PvP-server be

Post by Boz » 16 Jun 2016, 21:52

I agree with most of your points. Poisons are definitely OP at the moment and i'd be glad to see a PVP server without them

The 1000 Alignment is also a big plus for any PvP server.

Return to PvP Servers