Where does the currency come from?

General discussion about Life is Feudal MMO and Life is Feudal: Your Own, The main section and backbone of the forums.

Proximo
Alpha Tester

Re: Where does the currency come from?

Post by Proximo » 23 Feb 2014, 15:03

finalreview wrote:IMO: Sell to trade post directly for low amount of gold that is generated on sale. Or wait and sell to player who travels to buy the item for high amount of already generated gold.

There will always be a use for the capital city! Who doesn't want to trade in a 100% safe city?

Try getting your stuff to the safezone, a pkers dream is ganking that fat merchant with a full load who's headed to a known trade area. Safe area means high traffic of dumbies thinking like that. Much safer to take caravans through the wild and off roads then you won't be found.

finalreview
Alpha Tester

Post by finalreview » 23 Feb 2014, 15:15

I'm not sure how close to the capital you can build a clan monument, but I'm sure 100% of the surrounding land will be controlled. Would be pretty difficult for a -50 to pass through these lands, wait outside the city for travelers, kill them, then escape through these protected lands. There will always be a risk transporting goods no matter where you are. What's to stop reds from waiting near player city trade posts and ganking after/before sales? In the capital you are safe until you leave.

Proximo
Alpha Tester

Post by Proximo » 23 Feb 2014, 15:32

Have you looked at the map, how many mountains are in close proximity to the center city? You may be able to hunt, farm, cut trees, gather herbs and mine a few hills but we all know the most valuable resource will be ore and gems. Swords and plate armour and jewelry and raw resources for crafters who live in the safe zone.

That and the limited amount of land so close to the town would make it highly contested. Further away means free range of the frontier and frontiers are always rich in resources.

If perhaps a city gets built around the starter city then resources will dry up sooner rather then later and then who supplies these areas?

I shouldn't even be saying this since it's going to make more players play smart which is bad for us.

Protunia
Alpha Tester

Post by Protunia » 23 Feb 2014, 15:36

Proximo wrote:Have you looked at the map, how many mountains are in close proximity to the center city? You may be able to hunt, farm, cut trees, gather herbs and mine a few hills but we all know the most valuable resource will be ore and gems. Swords and plate armour and jewelry and raw resources for crafters who live in the safe zone.

That and the limited amount of land so close to the town would make it highly contested. Further away means free range of the frontier and frontiers are always rich in resources.

If perhaps a city gets built around the starter city then resources will dry up sooner rather then later and then who supplies these areas?

I shouldn't even be saying this since it's going to make more players play smart which is bad for us.

We already know this :D well some of us anyways lol!

Yes resources will be an end game kind of deal where there will be much more available from other area's.

It seems gold will flow through like water from the main city and outward.

finalreview
Alpha Tester

Post by finalreview » 23 Feb 2014, 16:29

I'm not sure what you are trying to say in your post Proximo. From what I can tell you are agreeing with my point of the use of the capital. Also where did you find the map with the capital on it? Please link all I can find is the basic map under concept art.

Protunia
Alpha Tester

Post by Protunia » 23 Feb 2014, 16:50

I keep hearing about a map as well....

There are two I have found so far.

the one on the mainpage concept art and one other.

Both have sutff over top of them in some way.

It would be nice to have one with out things on them.

I will keep looking :good:

player-claims-scaled-to-world-map-t742/?hilit=world%20map

Proximo
Alpha Tester

Post by Proximo » 23 Feb 2014, 16:53

finalreview wrote:I'm not sure what you are trying to say in your post Proximo. From what I can tell you are agreeing with my point of the use of the capital. Also where did you find the map with the capital on it? Please link all I can find is the basic map under concept art.

Ok bud I'll speak in simple terms for you.

The started city will not be important at all.

finalreview
Alpha Tester

Post by finalreview » 23 Feb 2014, 17:47

Proximo wrote:

That is a pretty arrogant statement about a game that isn't even in public alpha yet...

Proximo
Alpha Tester

Post by Proximo » 23 Feb 2014, 22:41

finalreview wrote:
Proximo wrote:

That is a pretty arrogant statement about a game that isn't even in public alpha yet...

Your just a newbie if you don't understand that people will be where the most valuable resources are which are not in the safe zone period. Why risk them by moving them far distances? Nobody will, they will stay local and trade as close as possible. That's just how it is.

Kossako
Alpha Tester

Post by Kossako » 23 Feb 2014, 23:19

Proximo wrote:
finalreview wrote:
Proximo wrote:

Your just a newbie if you don't understand that people will be where the most valuable resources are which are not in the safe zone period. Why risk them by moving them far distances? Nobody will, they will stay local and trade as close as possible. That's just how it is.

I think you are the newbie here... Haven't you played any full loot games? In most of them if not all trade center is located in safe zone. Be it Jita (EVE online) or Sanguine (Darkfall) they are located in safe zones because no one with clear mind would be trading in danger zone. Main city would be main trading hub for anything more valuable or in greater quantities.

As for risk moving them for distances:
-bind in safe zone
-naked run to your house in wildrnes
-pickup stuff
-bind recall
-???
-profit

You just managed to transfer your valuable resources to safe zone. Congratulations ;)
Skills and crafting information: lif-database-application-t1494

Build your first home for newbies guide: first-house-guide-to-new-players-t1432

finalreview
Alpha Tester

Post by finalreview » 24 Feb 2014, 07:33

Kossako wrote:In most of them if not all trade center is located in safe zone.

QFE

As for there being bind recall, I believe only way to port to bind will be death. Most likely there will be secure trade routes open publicly, if not that then privately through alliances/kingdoms. I have a feeling Proximo has never experienced the joys of trade ganking someone.

Fawkes
Alpha Tester

Post by Fawkes » 24 Feb 2014, 07:39

Recalling (alive) will be possible.

Kossako
Alpha Tester

Post by Kossako » 24 Feb 2014, 07:41

finalreview wrote:
Kossako wrote:In most of them if not all trade center is located in safe zone.

QFE

As for there being bind recall, I believe only way to port to bind will be death. Most likely there will be secure trade routes open publicly, if not that then privately through alliances/kingdoms. I have a feeling Proximo has never experienced the joys of trade ganking someone.

There will be bind recall. You can recall to your bind location using some spell from Piety skill.

finalreview
Alpha Tester

Post by finalreview » 24 Feb 2014, 08:16

Well then make sure you get yourself a nice rented home in the capital for all your safe trading needs!

Bobik
Project Leader

Post by Bobik » 24 Feb 2014, 09:04

Kossako wrote:There will be bind recall. You can recall to your bind location using some spell from Piety skill.

It is not a "spell"! :O: It is a "prayer" :D Huge difference :)
but ye, it works kinda like teleporting magic anyway :pardon:

Kossako
Alpha Tester

Post by Kossako » 24 Feb 2014, 09:18

Bobik wrote:
Kossako wrote:There will be bind recall. You can recall to your bind location using some spell from Piety skill.

It is not a "spell"! :O: It is a "prayer" :D Huge difference :)
but ye, it works kinda like teleporting magic anyway :pardon:

If that's prayer then it's divine intervention, not magic. No magic here plx :P

Kossako
Alpha Tester

Post by Kossako » 24 Feb 2014, 09:19

finalreview wrote:Well then make sure you get yourself a nice rented home in the capital for all your safe trading needs!

Pack mule for 10 Euro would be enough... Some people would have an army of those.

Fawkes
Alpha Tester

Post by Fawkes » 24 Feb 2014, 10:21

Those and an army of mercenaries! :D

Monxer

Post by Monxer » 25 Feb 2014, 09:29

I would absolutely love if kingdoms could actually stamp gold coins with their insignia/mark. Seeing how this was extremely common in "Ye olden days" people would often have multiple types of currency from different kinds of establishments and their worth was mostly determined on the economic strength backing that specific coin.

It relies completey on player trading, adds economic influence to a kingdoms power, and is actually historically significant given the medieval tone of the game.

This game has been a dream come true to me so far, and I believe this could be a way to completely eliminate NPC presence in the game.

Thokan
Alpha Tester

Post by Thokan » 25 Feb 2014, 18:56

Monxer wrote:I would absolutely love if kingdoms could actually stamp gold coins with their insignia/mark. Seeing how this was extremely common in "Ye olden days" people would often have multiple types of currency from different kinds of establishments and their worth was mostly determined on the economic strength backing that specific coin.

It relies completey on player trading, adds economic influence to a kingdoms power, and is actually historically significant given the medieval tone of the game.

This game has been a dream come true to me so far, and I believe this could be a way to completely eliminate NPC presence in the game.

For your lengthy discussion tingelings

monetary-system-t480/

Protunia
Alpha Tester

Post by Protunia » 27 Mar 2014, 14:17

Bobik thanks for answering a lot of questions in this thread.

There is a ton of good info here about in game currency and trade.

Can't wait to see how it all plays out in game! :D

Saxxon

Post by Saxxon » 27 Mar 2014, 14:27

Sting5 wrote:
Bobik wrote:[...] Cost for building a trading post will not be sky high, but it will not be cheap either, so trading posts ideally should be placed in guild cities or on some strategic points, but not spammed everywhere by everyone. And eve if they do - that won't give much of advantage, because you will still have to fetch your gold and goods to and from that post. Or even better, if you will see a good item in other trading post, you will have to fetch your gold there and bring bought stuff back from there.
Then, naturally, a question arises: when clans will start a war one against another - and if I remember looting topic correctly - You will be able to attack someones de jure land by casus belli. If that's the point, will we be allowed to loot trade posts of clans we're at war with? :sorry:

Kind of necro but oh well. I think if a tradepost is captured it can either be kept intact as is or if destroyed all items within that tradepost are returned to the seller that listed the items by maybe a server pop-up on login after the tradpost is destroyed.

That way the capturing force has an option that best suits their interests.

Genaydre
Beta Tester

Post by Genaydre » 02 Jul 2015, 21:25

so trading post are not completly implented?

i finish my trading post and can do nothing with
Ordre Teutonique Francophone

Astapor

Post by Astapor » 03 Jul 2015, 08:40

Bobik wrote:There will be 100% necessity to transport goods between trading posts, if we talk about player to player trading system.
You can imagine a trading post to be like a station in EvE, so if you want to buy something, you will have to find a desired item in nearby posts by some kind of global interface and then get there by yourself with all your money, complete a deal and then go back to your home/base with these goods.

In case of player to server trading, some goods/gold teleportation will be implemented I think.

:) :beer:

Genaydre
Beta Tester

Post by Genaydre » 04 Jul 2015, 09:19

it's not an answers. I known that but the trading post not say we can trade

Hoshiqua
Alpha Tester

Post by Hoshiqua » 04 Jul 2015, 11:55

Because trading will be implemented in the MMO ;)

Genaydre
Beta Tester

Post by Genaydre » 05 Jul 2015, 22:15

ok

Betos
True Believer

Post by Betos » 01 Dec 2015, 10:55

how can I use it?

Darius
Beta Tester

Post by Darius » 01 Dec 2015, 11:10

Betos, it is not implemented yet. You cannot use it.
Same for trade post which has no function yet.

Capitaniojr

Post by Capitaniojr » 17 May 2016, 19:05

Well, many games that uses curency, specialy long term games like MMO is suposed to be, have a great problem in the long run, inflation, so to solve this problem i would build curency system in this way:
1) there would be some NPC trade posts around the map
- this NPCs would sell and buy itens from players, but, if you sell something, for exemple, 1 iron bar, you would receive 1 copper coin, if you try to buy one iron bar, it would cost 10 copper coins.
2) alow players to forge curency from metal, and metal from curency.
-is just a question of balance, for exemple, if a copper bar generates 2 copper coins, a copper bar on NPC should cost much more than 2 copper coins, same for silver and gold.
3) if a guild want to trade, it can build a trade post, there it will items they want to sell, and the price they want (up to a maximum Wheigth, or even more than on kind of trade post with diferent sizes) and could put auction on items they want to buy, and the price they are willing to pay.
4) the trade would be made for players, where the player should acess a NPC building, (trade post, tavern, etc) and ask for "merchant rumors", this way it would see a list of offers (buy and sell) in the area, and could mark a pin in his map, and go there to sell or buy what he wants.

Overpowered NPCs tend to inflate the prices, at the same time when you let the players choose the prices they are willing to pay for some items, they will generate offer and demand, this wil be even geographical in the game and will simulate rela life.
maybe some players do not want to travel long distancces to buy some item, but other will.
Sorry my bad english

Return to General Discussion