[MOD] BasilMod::Pack

Place for sharing your game modifications for Life is Feudal: Your Own
Custodian
Mod Developer

Re: [MOD] BasilMod::Pack

Post by Custodian » 31 May 2016, 21:12

Grimmy347 wrote:once I login to my server and back out, no button appears.

Quick connect button will appear only if server has been configured to have one, i.e. pack_favoriteServer has been used at content.cs config.

Grimmy347 wrote: When looking at the client logs I see this message:
Code: Select all
ERRR 2016-05-31 16:43:36.032 {01} <[BasilModAutoloader]BasilModAutoloaderFinal> [0] BasilMod::Pack v5 may not be compatible with this client version!
ECHO 2016-05-31 16:43:36.032 {01} <[BasilModAutoloader]BasilModAutoloaderFinal> [0] BasilMod::Pack v5 loaded
ECHO 2016-05-31 16:43:36.032 {01} <[BasilModAutoloader]BasilModAutoloaderFinal> [0] BasilMod::Autoloader v1 deactivated.

Those messages are mostly dedicated to me, so I will be aware, that used version (v5 in this case) was initially released for different LiF version, and next errors probably related to this.
Pack should work just fine with any LiF version, unless problems was spotted and announced.

Grimmy347

Post by Grimmy347 » 01 Jun 2016, 00:20

I had it all correctly setup but for some reason it took a client reinstall to get it to work right. It all works fine now other then the fact that I can't use my router ip for the favorite link since they game will not allow me to connect to my own server since it is on the same LAN as the server. Odd bug. At least it gives me an easy way to connect to my server since it also doesn't show up on the server list for me(though it does show up for everyone else). Anyways, thank you for the quick reply!

Tycomaru

Post by Tycomaru » 02 Jun 2016, 06:28

When I tried running the mod, the Encoder came up as a virus. is this normal? Also i get an error.

"Insufficient Resources exist to run this....." I cant remember the last bit

Custodian
Mod Developer

Post by Custodian » 02 Jun 2016, 08:15

Tycomaru wrote:When I tried running the mod, the Encoder came up as a virus. is this normal?

This is a false positive result.
Make sure that you have downloaded encoder from the head post, or used sources from github to compile the encoder yourself.

Tycomaru wrote: Also i get an error.
"Insufficient Resources exist to run this....." I cant remember the last bit

If you cannot remember the full text, copy paste it from your server log.
Such error may be result of your antivirus software related activity: encoder was blocked or removed.

You may want to submit encoder binary to your antivirus software vendor with github source link provided, to get it whitelisted. It usually takes a few days. Once this will be done, you will have no false-positive alarms from your protection systems.

Dunhilli

Post by Dunhilli » 26 Jun 2016, 12:21

Hello

I just want to ask if our Server using BasilMod, how i can allow client connection without client side installed.

Custodian
Mod Developer

Post by Custodian » 26 Jun 2016, 14:25

Dunhilli wrote:I just want to ask if our Server using BasilMod, how i can allow client connection without client side installed.

Read the configuration description at head post:
Configuration details wrote:
  • $BasilMod::pack::noModDisconnect = false;
    Disconnect players without client-side mod installed.
    If set to "true", player will be unable to join. Correspoding message with text will be shown.
    If set to "false", player will be able to join, but will see a message box (and system channel message) with text you supply.

Fyoki
True Believer

How do i update to basilmod v5?

Post by Fyoki » 02 Jul 2016, 08:06

Hi, these mods are fantastic but i am having one singular issue as far.
I cannot seem to find link to update my basilmod to version 5.
Can anyone help me at all??!

Custodian
Mod Developer

Re: How do i update to basilmod v5?

Post by Custodian » 02 Jul 2016, 10:50

Fyoki wrote:I cannot seem to find link to update my basilmod to version 5.

Download link is at head post.

Fyoki
True Believer

Post by Fyoki » 02 Jul 2016, 10:59

Custodian wrote:
Fyoki wrote:I cannot seem to find link to update my basilmod to version 5.

Download link is at head post.

I'm sorry if i click head post it only takes me to basil mod pack link i have dne this wtice naow and it has given me v4. am i misunderstanding what you mean by head post?

Custodian
Mod Developer

Post by Custodian » 02 Jul 2016, 11:11

Fyoki wrote: I'm sorry if i click head post it only takes me to basil mod pack link i have dne this wtice naow and it has given me v4. am i misunderstanding what you mean by head post?

Head post contains link for BasilModLoader for clients, and BasilMod::Pack for server.
Last edited by Custodian on 02 Jul 2016, 11:32, edited 2 times in total.

Fyoki
True Believer

Post by Fyoki » 02 Jul 2016, 11:16

Custodian wrote:
Fyoki wrote: I'm sorry if i click head post it only takes me to basil mod pack link i have dne this wtice naow and it has given me v4. am i misunderstanding what you mean by head post?

Head post contains link for BasilModLoader for clients,
and BasilMod::Pack for server, with client updates.

I have the clienct and the loader i believe but it still comes up as version 4 upon loading, trying to boot fancy cities mod but of course i need version 5. i have follow all instructions and installation from the head post it is simply giving me version 4

Fyoki
True Believer

Post by Fyoki » 02 Jul 2016, 11:22

Fyoki wrote:
Custodian wrote:

Head post contains link for BasilModLoader for clients,
and BasilMod::Pack for server, with client updates.

I have the clienct and the loader i believe but it still comes up as version 4 upon loading, trying to boot fancy cities mod but of course i need version 5. i have follow all instructions and installation from the head post it is simply giving me version 4

Forget that i am a fool i needed server to update onstart up my appolosese and thank you greatly for prompt responces.

Edug

Post by Edug » 09 Jul 2016, 16:48

Hello excuse my English . I downloaded the mod and I hit the winrar in the game folder , but when I play the game I can not activate the mod, and I can not enter a server in which asks me this mod.

Thanks for your time.

Custodian
Mod Developer

Post by Custodian » 09 Jul 2016, 20:42

Edug wrote:I downloaded the mod and I hit the winrar in the game folder , but when I play the game I can not activate the mod, and I can not enter a server in which asks me this mod.

You should not use winrar or any other archive extractor.

As a client, you should only download basilmodloader.zip file from the link at head post, and place it to your game folder. Thats it.

Edug

Post by Edug » 10 Jul 2016, 05:04

Thanks for your quick response. That I have already done several times , I downloaded the file and put it directly into the game folder . But I did not start it detects and I can not now enter the server asking me this mod.

Gooberish

Post by Gooberish » 12 Jul 2016, 11:42

I'm currently playing on a new server running the Safe Zone mod in our capital city. We have a monument placed down and whether in the clan or not, terraforming via flatten ground, lower ground etc. causes a pop up & system message saying Attacking Not Allowed!. We've tried a few fixes but it seems to not happen every time and also not happen when we right click and dig through the sub menu option every time. But when using Flatten Ground etc. as a default skill the pop up comes up regularly. I've also noticed it glitches and shovels with either nothing or another tool you have equipped (for me it was a hammer at first). Any idea how to fix this?

Custodian
Mod Developer

Post by Custodian » 12 Jul 2016, 11:52

Edug wrote:But I did not start it detects and I can not now enter the server asking me this mod.

Share your client log file with me.

Gooberish wrote:Any idea how to fix this?

Write to corresponding mod topic.
Wait untill new version of the mod will be released.

HecticMorder

Post by HecticMorder » 12 Jul 2016, 12:26

Gooberish wrote:I'm currently playing on a new server running the Safe Zone mod in our capital city. We have a monument placed down and whether in the clan or not, terraforming via flatten ground, lower ground etc. causes a pop up & system message saying Attacking Not Allowed!. We've tried a few fixes but it seems to not happen every time and also not happen when we right click and dig through the sub menu option every time. But when using Flatten Ground etc. as a default skill the pop up comes up regularly. I've also noticed it glitches and shovels with either nothing or another tool you have equipped (for me it was a hammer at first). Any idea how to fix this?

yes and as a gm it dose not effect me but a normal player it dose even if i go out of gm and re-login to the server it dose not effect me still

Gooberish

Post by Gooberish » 12 Jul 2016, 12:42

Custodian wrote:
Gooberish wrote:Any idea how to fix this?

Write to corresponding mod topic.
Wait untill new version of the mod will be released.

Ok thank you for the prompt response. Happy to wait and thanks for the great mods. :good:

Satan

Post by Satan » 26 Jul 2016, 17:20

Hi Having issues with the tides mod seems since last update it will not update on command, issue is if i set a level it ignores my settings, i have now turned it off on server yet sea level not reset any ideas.

Thanks in advance Satan from Lifkod.org

Custodian
Mod Developer

Post by Custodian » 27 Jul 2016, 07:10

Satan wrote:Hi Having issues with the tides mod seems since last update it will not update on command, issue is if i set a level it ignores my settings, i have now turned it off on server yet sea level not reset any ideas.

Tides mod has own topic for related discussions. Probably last patch changed water behaviour and mod needs an update.

Risco87

Post by Risco87 » 28 Jul 2016, 03:55

Hi all, I know a lot of mail was posted on about this but I would like some help to configure my server mods.

I followed the steps so install basilmod folder in the server and the mod ravens and gmannounce in the directory of feudal life is my server.

I then download the rar file for the customer basidmodloader party, like I move the zip file to the root of the client-side play.

So I run my server and my game but when I get on the home screen in the bottom right appears basilmod v5 but no button appears.
And when I log on to my server mods and no assets pk?

Apparently I understand the need to enroll command lines at the end of main.cs file server for model gm announce and ravens.
so I tested it but nothing happens.
Then I'd also increased the capacity of my warehouses and trucks.

Sorry to bother you with all of his but I know what to do.
Thank you in advance and see you soon.

Custodian
Mod Developer

Post by Custodian » 28 Jul 2016, 08:50

Risco87 wrote:So I run my server and my game but when I get on the home screen in the bottom right appears basilmod v5 but no button appears.

"BasilMod v5" sign means, that client side of the mod has been loaded.
Fast connect(Favorite Server) button will be available if your server (last server you have connected to) has been configured to provide such button (i.e. BasilMod::pack_favoriteServer has been added to the content.cs).

Risco87 wrote:Apparently I understand the need to enroll command lines at the end of main.cs file server for model gm announce and ravens.
so I tested it but nothing happens.

You need to add "exec" lines to the end of your server root main.cs file for each mod you have installed and you would like to use. Some mods depends on others, so order of exec calls matters, and specified in mod description.
You can look through your server log files to check if mods has been loaded.

Catherine

Post by Catherine » 28 Jul 2016, 10:52

BasilMod::Pack, BasilMod::Ravens and BasilMod::GMAnnounce <-- this is all enabled on server.
and BasilModLoader is installed on our LiF:Yo client.

in our main.cs is :

exec("BasilMod/pack/pack.cs");
exec("BasilMod/ravens/ravens.cs");
exec("BasilMod/gmannounce/gmannounce.cs");

but it stil aint work

Catherine

Post by Catherine » 28 Jul 2016, 11:16

in the console i get this error:

basilmod::pack v5 may not be compatible with this client version!

(the modpack loads fine in the server himself.
but have an issue with the client version.

Custodian
Mod Developer

Post by Custodian » 28 Jul 2016, 11:46

Padme wrote:in the console i get this error

Share your server and client log files with me. You can use private messages for that.
Log files for both are located under /logs/

Risco87

Post by Risco87 » 28 Jul 2016, 12:35

ok thx goal so you have the basil mod pack V4 side so customers because I have mod on the server that were installed but the client side with basilmod pack v5 nothing happens.

Risco87

Post by Risco87 » 28 Jul 2016, 13:35

I installed the server side mods for the 3rd time and now when I run the server it asks me to execute the base64encoder.exe. I agree or not?

Risco87

Post by Risco87 » 28 Jul 2016, 13:50

thank you I managed to run mods thank you very much

Risco87

Post by Risco87 » 28 Jul 2016, 13:52

and just one last thing, you know how to increase the capacity of truck and warehouse?

this is a mod or command line to add somewhere? thank you in advance.

Return to Game mods