Long Live LiF:YO! (1.1.2.1)

Everything you need to know about what’s happening in Life is Feudal.
Arrakis

Long Live LiF:YO! (1.1.2.1)

Post by Arrakis » 22 Jul 2016, 14:01

Life is Feudal: Your Own

Hey everyone,

It has been some time since our last patch - some of you may have even started to believe the one or two doomsayers proclaiming that we’ve abandoned the development of LiF:YO for the sake of the MMO - yikes. We think the best way to prove them wrong is by taking action! So behold our latest patch!

Patch notes (ver. 1.1.2.1):

New features and tweaks:
  • Implemented a physics model approximation for movable objects. You can no longer hang them in the air or place inside other objects or walls. Objects without collisions (decorations mostly) do not follow these rules and still can be hung in the air. Objects in destroyed buildings will still hang in the air. We will properly make fall/destruction of such objects in the next patch
  • Implemented new rolling wind feature (Video) along with multiple groundcover (grass, rocks and crops) optimization
  • Every building now has siege damage resistance, depending on its type. Fortifications, for example, have higher resistance than civilian buildings
  • Decreased all abilities progress multipliers (20/30/45/60 percent for 1/2/3/4 tier skills). Demolition skill rises faster now
  • Updated prices and weights of different objects
  • Clay has a lower height difference coefficient now. You will not be able to terraform steep terrain walls with clay anymore
  • Tweaked repair kit prices and repair kits prices during repair process. Repair kit quality now affects repair process speed
  • Updated wheelbarrows and carts movement speeds accordingly
  • Reworked and optimized particles system for better quality and performance
  • Herbal garden harvest decreased(40->10). Herbal garden progress no longer resets after server restart
  • Beehives no longer collect honey from loosened soils (which have no grass or flowers)
  • Added new objects: Wooden wall square, Wooden wall defences, Wooden wall 45degL, Wooden wall 45degr, Walls with loopholes
  • Updated old objects: Wooden barbacan, Wooden gate, Wooden wall
  • Reworked terrain textures (more details
  • Added GM Robe (ID=1379)

Bug fixes:
  • Fixed antidote mechanics. It now properly removes poisons and provides poison immunity depending on poison and antidote magnitudes. Maximum poison duration is now 10 seconds
  • Fixed bug with incorrect poison magnitude calculation while stacking them in inventory
  • Poled melee weapons now properly track shaft and blade hitting nodes simultaneously
  • Fixed melee weapons passing and damaging through walls
  • Fixed a bug, which allowed a player to change guild’s heraldry multiple times while in game
  • When leader of a guild changes, roles are set properly now both for new leader and old one
  • Fixed sudden death while jumping on a gatehouse
  • Piercing bolt and stopping power crossbow abilities can no longer be applied on the same bolt
  • Working tanning tubs and drying racks can now react properly on abilities
  • Abilities can now be interrupted by a successful shield bash
  • Fixed arrows getting stuck in the water
  • Fixed a couple of bugs, where tools would not lose their durability
  • Soil and other terrain substances can now be properly dropped outside of inventory, ignoring other windows on HUD
  • Fixed a server crash while blessing other player that disconnects during the process
  • Ctrl + H no longer resets font size settings in GUIs
  • God’s mercy blessing will not be removed when logging back in after a disconnect
  • Optimized video memory usage
  • Fixed crash during client disconnect

P.S. since we’ve had a large patch today, we’ve decided to move this week’s Devblog update to Monday!

Boz
Zealous Believer

Re: Long Live LiF:YO! (1.1.2.1)

Post by Boz » 22 Jul 2016, 15:21

Awesome, the majority of the new features and tweaks are exactly what we have been waiting for. It's nice to see the developers are in sync with the community. :)

Thanks,
Boz

Lord of House Dagfinn.

P.S. Barbican*

Njord

Post by Njord » 22 Jul 2016, 16:19

DO NOT TOUCH MY HERBAL GARDENS :(((((

Ulf

Post by Ulf » 22 Jul 2016, 16:22

cannot login, with no char :O:

Arrakis

Post by Arrakis » 22 Jul 2016, 16:25

Ulf wrote:cannot login, with no char :O:

Please report all connectivity issues via our tech support email: helpme@ifeisfeudal.com
We'll try to figure out what's wrong.

Lokohenro
True Believer

Post by Lokohenro » 22 Jul 2016, 16:32

NICE , i was waiting for a long time these changes , good job , thx :D :Yahoo!:

Hallegra
Beta Tester

Post by Hallegra » 22 Jul 2016, 17:51

The patch notes here are great and address a variety of issues that have been plaguing the community for a while. Thanks for keeping up the good work, devteam!

I will say that making clay equivalent to dirt in terms of terraforming pretty much removes all creativity from terraforming. You've basically made it mandatory for groups to build a 4-sided square base on flat land.

As of the latest patch, pikes are still unusable as they don't apply a speed bonus to any attacks. The latest patch also means nobody in my group, despite extensive testing, has been able to land a wall of pikes hit since it dropped.

Another update, formations still scale off of personal formations skill. So if my leader has 100 formations and I have 0, I get almost no effect from a 10-man formation. Also, you cannot use formation commands while mounted.
Last edited by Hallegra on 22 Jul 2016, 19:11, edited 3 times in total.

Arrakis

Post by Arrakis » 22 Jul 2016, 18:43

We have applied a hotfix for objects getting blocked on each other and beehives: lif-your-own-version-1-1-2-2-t20202/

Halvdal

Post by Halvdal » 22 Jul 2016, 19:11

Clay has a lower height difference coefficient now. You will not be able to terraform steep terrain walls with clay no more

No! You are destroying month of work with that!

Buymesomethingsp

Post by Buymesomethingsp » 22 Jul 2016, 19:14

What will happen to areas and buildings that are already built on high clay tiles? Will they collapse?

Arrakis

Post by Arrakis » 22 Jul 2016, 19:16

Existing high clay walls will be fine. You just won't be able to make new ones.

ChurchillNL

Post by ChurchillNL » 22 Jul 2016, 21:15

sadly the hotfix broke my game

as soon as i try to join my server and select my character the game crashes
The Gods Made Heavy Metal and They Saw That It Was Good

Arrakis

Post by Arrakis » 22 Jul 2016, 21:31

Please send a report via email: helpme@lifeisfeudal.com
Attach logs so we can understand what went wrong.

Oldmanlif

Post by Oldmanlif » 22 Jul 2016, 23:00

Arrakis09 wrote:Existing high clay walls will be fine. You just won't be able to make new ones.

In theory. But as with structural snow being used to terraform, this may cause database problems. Any inadvertent movement of the clay will also result in not being able to put it back.

Also, no mention of 64-bit servers/clients?

ViciousDis
True Believer

Post by ViciousDis » 23 Jul 2016, 00:14

http://prntscr.com/bwcq0a

Well this took maybe a month or more to get 3/4 around Crescent mountain, now i'm a bit sad i can't finish it.

Just giving you a heads up for the game i agree with a lot of the challenges you are throwing out there, but some of us do 10-14 hour shifts.

Making the game this time consuming will not make it an enjoyable adventure.

For the players throwing out cosmetic updates to the game , think a bit more careful on other stuff that will be a great foundation to the game.

Something like a better Shift click item split. Build Last item " Stone wall building , tanning tub building. Way more storage on a lot of containers. Still cant fit an ingot in a barrel for some reason.

Karabas
Alpha Tester

Post by Karabas » 23 Jul 2016, 02:00

:good:
Gray tag. Gray axe.Image

Boundless
Beta Tester

Post by Boundless » 23 Jul 2016, 03:13

OH! Great! A big path!

BaggyPipes

Post by BaggyPipes » 23 Jul 2016, 03:42

Hey there, so I was curious, do you think that there would be any way to add any optimization for non dedicated Video ram? I know it wouldn't be something that is immediately fixable. But I have owned the game and I have Intel"s integrated graphics which totally has the capabilities of running this, can barely run this above 15 FPS on the lowest settings. And while I haven't actually really played the game, Kudos on this Awesome game!

SonjaNevermore

Post by SonjaNevermore » 23 Jul 2016, 12:26

Since the patch, I am unable to upgrade my monument. It says to remove all players and animals from the building area, but there is nothing, not even 2 tiles away. What is going on?

HGIELAK
True Believer

Post by HGIELAK » 23 Jul 2016, 21:31

my game is thru steam yesterday everything seem to work logged in and out no glitches today monument is stuck at 25 and the drying frames glitched as well as 2 tanning tank lol got a message that the game was not responding when i first tryed to log in this evening relog and got on with errors :(

Polrena

Post by Polrena » 23 Jul 2016, 22:08

The graphics optimization and performance tweaks made my performance worse. Much worse, even on low settings.

It appears that I no longer have the ability to choose tree and grass detail separate from rendering distance. I used to be able to have wispy little grass and reasonable trees 30.0 out, as long as the detail wasn't too high, and allowed me to keep weather. Now, however, it's all or nothing. Even 10.0 out, the grass and flowers and rocks are too much for my pc to handle. The shortest distance for tees is 500, so I can't turn that down either.

Can you please bring back the option to slide grass and tree detail? I do love the graphics, but my pc will only let me play now if I have the grass and weather off altogether. I've had to turn shadows off too. :(

Ranum
True Believer

Post by Ranum » 25 Jul 2016, 04:33

Pleas pleas can you make the monuments upgrade again avalible... currently anyone cant upgrade theyr claims ....

Arrakis

Post by Arrakis » 25 Jul 2016, 10:57

Ranum wrote:Pleas pleas can you make the monuments upgrade again avalible... currently anyone cant upgrade theyr claims ....

We're looking into this issue.

Karabas
Alpha Tester

Post by Karabas » 26 Jul 2016, 01:59

maybe put this patch into beta branch and restore pre-patch version ? =)
Gray tag. Gray axe.Image

Mylesperhour
Zealous Believer

Post by Mylesperhour » 27 Jul 2016, 19:45

This patch really did a number on a lot of people and their servers. Some warning would have been nice. I believe that the terraforming defences you could accomplish with clay capping was a really good balance between effort vs reward. Now that the mechanic is gone it means that only bases built at high altitude using snow will have the desired properties and then still you have to mess around with dirt substitution. Maybe it is good that all the clay doesn't just get thrown into base building but I think you need to implement some other way to build high and steep. Maybe a recipe for compact/reinforced earth or something similar.

Lowbox

Post by Lowbox » 03 Aug 2016, 07:10

hope Add a combat control interface
This also more freedom
More accurate
Effective Attack
Want to know everyone's opinion to a vote now
http://imgur.com/dg3uyvf
----------------------------------------------------------------
http://lifeisfeudal.com/Discussions/que ... -interface
:beer:

Eter

Post by Eter » 05 Aug 2016, 23:31

Now you dont need to do some things when farming a field... Nn to youe plough ... Some other "fix" were made on patch... Comong guys fix it!

Alakar
Beta Tester

Post by Alakar » 05 Aug 2016, 23:37

Eter wrote:Now you dont need to do some things when farming a field... Nn to youe plough ... Some other "fix" were made on patch... Comong guys fix it!

Trying to decipher what you are saying here... =\

Khan-
Zealous Believer

Post by Khan- » 06 Aug 2016, 08:44

maybe he's talking about the fact we don't need to plow the soil after a harvest to sew again...

but if he doesn't plow and fertilize, his crop's quality will decrease, and of course, his yield...

then, to you Eter, it could be a bug, or not, but in real life you can sew without plowing, there's nothing unrealistic...
but if you want the best yield and the best quality, you'll have to work for, plowing with a shovel or a plough and fertilize your soil...
100% French speaking alliance of Royaume Franc : http://lifeisfeudal-fr.com/
Les Témoins de Mérovée Site - Forum - Me contacter

IronMaid

Post by IronMaid » 07 Aug 2016, 00:14

Alakarsiann wrote:
Eter wrote:Now you dont need to do some things when farming a field... Nn to youe plough ... Some other "fix" were made on patch... Comong guys fix it!

Trying to decipher what you are saying here... =\

What he is trying to say is that after an harvest the ground turns into plowed fertile soil instead of unplowed soil.

Also crops seem to grow much faster and uneven
crops 2.jpg
crops 2.jpg (239.49 KiB) Viewed 21833 times
, these crops were all planted the same day and completed in 5 days including the planting day.

reinstall and verification of ingame cache had no effect.

many players on the server i'm playing seem to have this bug but not everyone

Return to News and Information