First impressions

Have some feedback for Life is Feudal: Forest Village? Post it here!

Feneris

First impressions

Post by Feneris » 27 Aug 2016, 04:53

So my first impression is that this has the potential to be a really good game. It still seems a bit unpolished, but that is to be expected with an early access release still hot from greenlight.

In my first opinion however, the terraforming seems more clumsy than anything. It's very hard to get an even surface across multiple sections and it is difficult to shape the landscape with any finesse.

I'm also not terribly impressed with the 1st person view, as it seems a feature more useful for providing screenshot than anything. But, I'd much rather see the city-building aspect of the game developed than have 1st person improved.

This all being said, I mostly liked what I saw and I hope to see move development in the future.

Feneris

Re: First impressions

Post by Feneris » 28 Aug 2016, 04:02

Actually, the more I play it, the less I like the terraforming system. Or at least the way the maps are laid out in the beginning. It seems like any critical early development is massively hampered by the need to terraform over every little bump. Which sucks up critical manpower.

Also the maps seem very boring. There's just an island surrounded by water, making fish as a resource a no-brainer. It would be nice to have maybe an option of inland maps with rivers and lakes.

Return to Feedback Section