Forest?

General discussion about Life is Feudal: Forest Village

KarasuTheLazy

Forest?

Post by KarasuTheLazy » 18 Sep 2016, 06:05

Is it just me, or has anyone noticed recently that the trees seem to die off rather quickly? Will start a new game in a dense forest and by year 3 it looks like parkland. Maybe it happened before and I'm only noticing now, not sure.

All the Oak and Maple die off right away and you left with a very thin covering of half mature Aspen and Pine (sorry if my tree identification stinks, I live in the desert). This even happens in areas I've never touched on the far edge of the map.

Its not a huge issue, but it make keeping stocks of wood and furnace fuel a more difficult, as well as looking like a forest fire came through.

Tyleerb

Re: Forest?

Post by Tyleerb » 22 Sep 2016, 17:54

I'm with you on this. I always make it a point now to go find all the large trees and harvest them immediately on a large map. It seems that by year 3 most or all of the large trees have died and fallen on their own and they never grow back.
I haven't been able to do it with foresters either. I left one fully staffed on plant mode only for 3 full years and the area never got more dense or filled with large trees.

That said, 2 foresters at half staff can keep my village of 40 stocked with wood no problem so it seems something is going right, we are just lacking the visuals to go along with it.

KarasuTheLazy

Re: Forest?

Post by KarasuTheLazy » 26 Sep 2016, 04:27

I tried making a mod to correct this, but it only seemed to work for a few years. But it looks like they addressed this in the recent update. So thank you Forest Village team.

Return to General Discussion