No sleep weekend and some weekday results (0.9.4267)

Everything you need to know about what’s happening in Life is Feudal.
Arrakis

No sleep weekend and some weekday results (0.9.4267)

Post by Arrakis » 14 Sep 2016, 20:38

Life is Feudal: Forest Village

Hey fellow villagers!

We proudly present another quick patch with some fixes that we’ve accumulated during this weekend. We hope it will run well, at least as well as our QA tells us! :)

Patch notes (ver. 0.9.4267):

Bug fixes:
  • A LOT of different crashfixes
  • It is now easier to find a good spot for the Fisherman's lodge and Port
  • Well now regenerates water a bit slower. Make sure that you have enough of them!
  • Added some fences to better visualize borders of some buildings

P.S. Some of your video settings (vsync, resolution etc.) might be reset after this patch. We are sorry for the inconvenience that it might cause.

Unbeaten
Zealous Believer

Re: No sleep weekend and some weekday results (0.9.4267)

Post by Unbeaten » 19 Sep 2016, 16:02

Try focusing on one game, late OCTOBER? If only all these resources went into the MMO beta. O wait your lighting and armor upgrades are more important. Some shit builder I refunded in less than 20 minutes is worth more time as another cash grab. Literally creates a village building SIMS, zero PvP or action. I wish I could refund feudal there should be laws to protect gamers from developers like this and ARK. Maybe you should do like ARK and release an expansion WHILE in early access. Nah you will release a whole new Early Access game. And here is the same community manager reporting on both, two teams my asshole.

Arrakis

Post by Arrakis » 19 Sep 2016, 16:39

I am not completely sure if this is a serious post or just a troll. Regardless, let's try some word association.
    - First word: Publisher
Not one, but three announcements included information that Forest Village is developed by a completely different studio.
Please, do read announcements before writing such posts and possibly confusing people. Thank you ;)

The_Reginald
Alpha Tester

Post by The_Reginald » 19 Sep 2016, 23:50

Unbeaten wrote:Try focusing on one game, late OCTOBER? If only all these resources went into the MMO beta. O wait your lighting and armor upgrades are more important. Some shit builder I refunded in less than 20 minutes is worth more time as another cash grab. Literally creates a village building SIMS, zero PvP or action. I wish I could refund feudal there should be laws to protect gamers from developers like this and ARK. Maybe you should do like ARK and release an expansion WHILE in early access. Nah you will release a whole new Early Access game. And here is the same community manager reporting on both, two teams my asshole.

Hear hear
Last edited by The_Reginald on 20 Sep 2016, 00:05, edited 1 time in total.
Lif Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/the_reginald

Better to be a virtual king than a real life scrub.

Lars_Knytling
Alpha Tester

Post by Lars_Knytling » 20 Sep 2016, 00:04

Unbeaten wrote:Try focusing on one game, late OCTOBER? If only all these resources went into the MMO beta. O wait your lighting and armor upgrades are more important. Some shit builder I refunded in less than 20 minutes is worth more time as another cash grab. Literally creates a village building SIMS, zero PvP or action. I wish I could refund feudal there should be laws to protect gamers from developers like this and ARK. Maybe you should do like ARK and release an expansion WHILE in early access. Nah you will release a whole new Early Access game. And here is the same community manager reporting on both, two teams my asshole.

Yeah, this game has quite obviously turned out to be a scam.

Dragmar
Zealous Believer

Post by Dragmar » 20 Sep 2016, 07:31

So what part of it's developed by a completly different company is it that people don't seem to understand?

Yes, it's published by Bitbox, so some of the time of their marketing guys, community management guys, like Arrakis might now be spent on Forrest Village.
But all of those guys have nothing to do with the development of Life is Feudal. So the next wave of the MMO beta would not have been any faster if Forrest Village did not make it onto steam.

Now please, what part of that is hard to understand?

Bran34
Beta Tester

Post by Bran34 » 22 Sep 2016, 06:18

Lars_Knytling wrote:

You, as an alpha tester of all people, should be ashamed at your poor critical thinking skills, AND reading skills.

Bitbox is the PUBLISHER. The people working on forest village are part of a completely separate company than bitbox. None of bitbox's devteam is working on forest village, and anyone who thinks otherwise is very misinformed!

Lars_Knytling
Alpha Tester

Post by Lars_Knytling » 22 Sep 2016, 18:35

Bran34 wrote:
Lars_Knytling wrote:

You, as an alpha tester of all people, should be ashamed at your poor critical thinking skills, AND reading skills.

Bitbox is the PUBLISHER. The people working on forest village are part of a completely separate company than bitbox. None of bitbox's devteam is working on forest village, and anyone who thinks otherwise is very misinformed!

Ashamed? Give me a break.

Jacobyswift
True Believer

Post by Jacobyswift » 23 Sep 2016, 22:22

Aside from the fact these idiots are complaining that an unrelated dev team are not working hard enough on a game they're not developing.

I'm finding it bitterly ironic that there are Alpha testers out there with access to the bloody MMO who are

The_Reginald wrote:"whining"

and

Lars_Knytling wrote:"moaning"

that the MMO dev isn't progressing fast enough.

FFS dudes, get a clue. You've got bloody access to the MMO. There are thousands upon thousands of gamers who would love to be in your position.

I say demote these unappreciative Alpha douchbags and promote some of those of us with hundreds of LIY:yo hours eagerly waiting in the wings.

Unbeaten
Zealous Believer

Post by Unbeaten » 27 Sep 2016, 20:40

Jacobyswift wrote:Aside from the fact these idiots are complaining that an unrelated dev team are not working hard enough on a game they're not developing.

I'm finding it bitterly ironic that there are Alpha testers out there with access to the bloody MMO who are

The_Reginald wrote:"whining"

and

Lars_Knytling wrote:"moaning"

that the MMO dev isn't progressing fast enough.

FFS dudes, get a clue. You've got bloody access to the MMO. There are thousands upon thousands of gamers who would love to be in your position.

I say demote these unappreciative Alpha douchbags and promote some of those of us with hundreds of LIY:yo hours eagerly waiting in the wings.

Wont happen you didn't play with bobik as a friend. Also why care, there has been 0-5 people logged into the MMO per week for a month now. You cant be serious about testing with that player base. Map is godly huge, which creates quick boredom in such ridiculously small testing numbers. Ask a alpha to use their account most of us have, you may last a day.

Jacobyswift
True Believer

Post by Jacobyswift » 04 Oct 2016, 16:12

Unbeaten wrote:... there has been 0-5 people logged into the MMO per week for a month now. You cant be serious about testing with that player base. Map is godly huge, which creates quick boredom in such ridiculously small testing numbers...

Damn! It definitely sounds like sombody needs to a review the current test. Without regular and enthusiastic testers you can't run a successful Alpha.

Arrakis

Post by Arrakis » 04 Oct 2016, 18:13

We have already stated that during current wave there's nothing more to test. We have received a lot, really, a lot of data that we've been processing and we're still working on. A proper guild system is also a priority and all the issues that might and surely would compromise the proper flow of tests during upcoming wave #1. We know it's taking a long time, but we want to ensure that no major, game breaking issues will be present.

Uno

Post by Uno » 06 Oct 2016, 06:38

Dragmar wrote:So what part of it's developed by a completly different company is it that people don't seem to understand?

I assume the part where Arrakis posts change logs in place of the "completely different company", but using first person plural.

Dragmar
Zealous Believer

Post by Dragmar » 06 Oct 2016, 07:34

Uno wrote:
Dragmar wrote:So what part of it's developed by a completly different company is it that people don't seem to understand?

I assume the part where Arrakis posts change logs in place of the "completely different company", but using first person plural.

There's a huge difference there though. Arrakis is a community manager, and as a community manager of the Publishing Company it makes sence for him to do that.

But what people are whining about here is that they should spend their time developing the MMO and not Forrest Village. And since they are just the Publisher non of the developers that would be working on the MMO are ever near anything that has to do with Forrest Village.

Return to News and Information