Supporter Packs - Interactive FAQ

General discussion about Life is Feudal MMO and Life is Feudal: Your Own, The main section and backbone of the forums.
Arrakis

Supporter Packs - Interactive FAQ

Post by Arrakis » 30 Nov 2016, 16:24

Hey folks ;)

You surely have some questions regarding recently launched https://play.lifeisfeudal.com page with supporter packs. Ask them here.

Note: This thread is ONLY for questions about supporter packs, not the game!

Kriegsmann55
Zealous Believer

Re: Supporter Packs - Interactive FAQ

Post by Kriegsmann55 » 30 Nov 2016, 16:30

1. In regards to these new packages, what about those of us who have already purchased the YO version? Is it possible for someone like myself to be able to pay for one of those packages and have it apply this account? Are the discounted prices we see on that webpage representative of the 'discounts' YO owners have that have been brought up?

I'm entirely willing to donate what money I can to help out with the development of this game, and getting things like the premium currency and premium subscriptions would likely be something I would do anyway.
  • Answer: YO owners will have an additional $10 discount for every package. YO owners will have additional tickets that they can give to their friends (amount is package dependent)

Sharana
Beta Tester

Post by Sharana » 30 Nov 2016, 16:40

2. What is the currency?
  • Answer: In-game currency that will be used for purchase cosmetic and consumables.
3. What is the premium account?
  • Answer: It's not decided yet what will it contain. We will ask for a community feedback. There will be a time to think about it and discuss.
4. Newbie toolset?
  • Answer: Set of low-quality tools that will not be dropped upon your death. Good for easier start, but they will not provide any advantages at later stages of your character/settlement development.
5. 2nd and 3rd package include LiF:YO, so their price is high. Aren't there similar options for those who have YO and don't want to play for 2nd one just the get the other stuff?
  • Answer: LiF:YO digital copy, as well as CBT access, are bonuses that price won't change. If you don't need those, you can simply give it to your friend or someone in this forum and make someone happy ;)

Aout
True Believer

Post by Aout » 30 Nov 2016, 17:06

6. What can you actually buy with real money ? Just how much "pay2win" is it ? Why does it smell like goddamn freemium now ("premium account") ? How would this ever be compatible to a full loot sandbox ?

rip lif ?
  • Answer: Mostly cosmetic items, ticket for character transfer and some other stuff. Original plans to avoid Pay2Win with all costs are still here, while Bobik is alive and within the project.

Paparia
Beta Tester

Post by Paparia » 30 Nov 2016, 17:13

7. The early access hours are for open beta ONLY ?
  • Answer: For final release only.
8. Reserving character names for mmo (i guess it is ok) but is guild forming going to be available 2 ?
(i hope not since i can live with someone stealing my name but not my clan name)
  • Answer: Nope, that will work only for character names.
9. What is gods favor ?
  • Answer: It's a premium currency that you later will be able to buy with real life currency.

Krevente
Alpha Tester

Post by Krevente » 30 Nov 2016, 17:14

10. What about those of us who donated in the very early days before the game was even on Steam?
  • Answer: You still have an access and we want to preserve your unique status by some special unique in-game title or maybe some item. There are no final plans yet.

Zingo

Post by Zingo » 30 Nov 2016, 17:15

11. Any known dates of it being fully released (also... any roadmap)?
Thank you for the answer.
  • Answer: Nope, not yet. We wanna see how beta tests actually go first.

Brother

Post by Brother » 30 Nov 2016, 17:18

12. Are "Tickets to the Mainland of the Realm" in the open-beta available to anyone with YO ownership or only for those who have "devoted believer"+

Thanks!
  • Answer: Tickets will be available at Beta Wave #2 to everyone. But LiF:YO users will have one such ticket for free.

Azzerhoden
Alpha Tester

Post by Azzerhoden » 30 Nov 2016, 17:24

Krevente wrote:7. What about those of us who donated in the very early days before the game was even on Steam?

I previously asked in a different thread (prior to this one) http://lifeisfeudal.com/forum/post86579/#p86579

The packages are different then the current alpha and beta designations. They are still determining what to give to us early backers.

I'll likely pick up one of these packages as well 'cause I am a believer!
| - Alpha Tester and Zealous Believer

Kingdom of Hyperion founding Duchy - A practical RP Community est. 1999 - Apply Today!

Bjarkan

Post by Bjarkan » 30 Nov 2016, 17:35

13. What is that premium stats ?
  • Answer: Not sure what you mean.
14. LIF YO owners have already the bronze pack ?
  • Answer: No.

Khan-
Zealous Believer

Post by Khan- » 30 Nov 2016, 17:46

15. "Ticket to the Mainland of a Realm" and its tooltip is pretty unclear...
is that the "character ticket" ? and then, if a YO owner buy the zealous pack, he'll have 3 character tickets and then he'll be able to have 3 characters on his account ?
  • Answer: Yes, you need one ticket to move one character on the mainland.
    If you want to buy a pack as YO owner, you will exchange YO ownership to $10 OFF and getting package with 1 + 3 keys on Open Beta.
Last edited by Khan- on 30 Nov 2016, 19:38, edited 2 times in total.
100% French speaking alliance of Royaume Franc : http://lifeisfeudal-fr.com/
Les Témoins de Mérovée Site - Forum - Me contacter

Kriegsmann55
Zealous Believer

Post by Kriegsmann55 » 30 Nov 2016, 18:02

16. How long after purchasing a package will an account be credited with the benefits? As an example I've purchased a Zealous package and was informed by a prompt that the keys would be available in my personal account, but have not yet received a key for the extra copy of LiF: YO, nor has my account name changed in color.
  • Answer: If you activated your pack on your account, you should receive an email confirming the activation.
    If you applied for additional $10 discount, you will not receive additional YO key.
    In-game benefits will be available in Open Beta.

Tannlin

Post by Tannlin » 30 Nov 2016, 18:06

17. Will the betas have an NDA in place?
  • Answer: No, no NDAs. But as always we ask you to behave and not expose bugs, glitches or any problems that might harm us.

Azzerhoden
Alpha Tester

Post by Azzerhoden » 30 Nov 2016, 18:56

18. The play page says the tickets can be transferred from one player to another within the same realm. Previously this roughly meant guilds (and/or their claims). Has the meaning changed? Was thinking realm could not mean server locations (since there had been talks of having a Euro server and a US server).
  • Answer: Under Realm we've meant servers in a certain real-life geographical region (EU, US, CIS etc.)
| - Alpha Tester and Zealous Believer

Kingdom of Hyperion founding Duchy - A practical RP Community est. 1999 - Apply Today!

Phlar

Post by Phlar » 30 Nov 2016, 19:13

Still a bit unclear as a current LIFYO owner

19. IF I buy a pack I get CBA and have x ticket extra for a character(s) to go to Mainland when live and if I do not buy a pack i don't get into beta and have just my 1 LIFYo ticket..

So basically if we do not pay now we do not get in beta?
  • Answer: Yes, if you want to receive an access to the closest beta tests (Wave#1), you need to buy a package.
Phlar Magnus
King of Dorestat
Discord | Website | Steam | Recruitment Thread

Sharana
Beta Tester

Post by Sharana » 30 Nov 2016, 19:19

Phlar wrote:So basically if we do not pay now we do not get in beta?

They sell beta access for wave 1 that is supposed to begin mid December.
There are about 600 testers already and they will invite 1000 more + everyone who buys a pack. Wave 2 (for all YO owners) will start april 2017 or later.

Fizzleton

Post by Fizzleton » 30 Nov 2016, 19:26

20. Will "Premium Account" contain exceptional benefits, such as boosts while raising skills? It sounds pretty much like "regular" players will play with hand brake tightened.

Really don't know what else to expect from Premium.
  • Answer: We have already answered that. We are unsure what it will contain. We will gather some feedback from the community and discuss it.

Khan-
Zealous Believer

Post by Khan- » 30 Nov 2016, 19:50

21. As waves changed : http://steamcommunity.com/app/290080/di ... 077102971/
and there is no wipe between wave 2 and release, when will have "Reserve Your Character Name Early" access ?
  • Answer: Before the start of Wave #2

Khan-
Zealous Believer

Post by Khan- » 30 Nov 2016, 21:06

22. Do you plan to release informations about premium before 15/01/2017 ?
  • Answer: Probably yes. Stay tuned!

Simonred
Devoted Believer

Post by Simonred » 30 Nov 2016, 21:55

23. If I buy bronze and I got LiF:YO on steam I get 2 keys or tickets right.
I can spend them on having more characters or gift 1 of them to 1 friend so they can play Wave 2. (If I understood the earlyer anwers)

When the game goes in final release after the beta. will they own the MMO and be able to join me in my adventures or do they have to pay for the game?
  • Answer: Yes.
24. I read that the premium currency would give you Consumables. will these be some item that gives you a faster learning curve then other or will it be more of that "Hey I am glowing!" type of funny items?
  • Answer: We didnt have time to think about specifics yet. Our current focus is the game features. Stay tuned.
25. "Wipe at the end?: No"
"Map resources shuffle?: No"
Information I got of steam forum. will this mean we save our progress from the Beta wave 2 on characters or will that be reset to a fresh start?
  • Answer: Open Beta progress will be moved to Release stage without any changes.
Last edited by Simonred on 30 Nov 2016, 23:00, edited 1 time in total.

Weye
Devoted Believer

Post by Weye » 30 Nov 2016, 22:39

26. With the discount of 10$ does that make the currently discounted 50$ pack 40$ for YO owners? nevermind, figured it out already
Last edited by Weye on 30 Nov 2016, 23:05, edited 1 time in total.

Kazar
Beta Tester

Post by Kazar » 30 Nov 2016, 22:42

27. If i buy one of the pack and i already have LiF:YO in my steam library, will i recieve +1 +2 +3 tickets for char to MMO (depends on what pack will I buy) so at the end i will end up with 2, 3, 4 (again depends on what pack will I buy) tickets in total ?
  • Answer: Yes, that is correct.
Ave BIA

Aamoretti
Zealous Believer

Post by Aamoretti » 30 Nov 2016, 23:17

28. Purchased the pack and wasn't presented with an option regarding the fact that I currently have the game. Plenty of time to sort it out but don't need another game key (since it's not transferable or giftable).

Will there be a specific contact email for issues regarding pack purchases and what is the turnaround that one can expect to see the game key to show up? As I'd like to bring in more friends via pack purchases but they'll want to play YO right after purchase most likely.
  • Answer: There are links for contacting the support on the bottom of the page.

OldLadyBothilda
Beta Tester

Post by OldLadyBothilda » 30 Nov 2016, 23:56

29. So just for clarity:

On the new page for these "Supporter Packs" it clearly says
"Early access to Open Beta 6 hours 24 hours 12 hours"

But,

In the forum Q&A you replied:
"7. The early access hours are for open beta ONLY ?
Answer: For final release only."

So, which is it? Early access to the Betas or the final release of the game?
  • Answer: Apologies for the inconvenience. We are talking about Early Access to the start of Open Beta stage (aka Wave#2).
Old-Lady Bothilda of the Iron Coalition

Cian
Alpha Tester

Post by Cian » 01 Dec 2016, 00:23

30. How does the $50 us Alpha players originally contributed translate into these packs?

We were promised 1 ticket, "some" premium currency, and a copy of LIFYO.

I feel that we have gotten everything we were promised. However, would it be unfair to ask that those of us that have supported you the longest perhaps receive our name reservations as well?
  • Answer: As stated above, we had not decided yet about what kind of incentives we will provide to our old, faithful supporters. But indeed, you will have access to all stages, free ticket(s) and something unique.
Lord Cian Khan
Baron of Deephold,
Gul Khan of House of Khans
Great Khan of the Tribal lands

HOUSE OF KHANS
http://www.houseofkhans.com

HOK DISCORD
https://discord.gg/NRB3DR3

Karabas
Alpha Tester

Post by Karabas » 01 Dec 2016, 01:43

31. why 6/12/24 hours early access if NO WIPE before start on release? =)) seems useless..... or i havent got a point? Or it is for #2 OBT ? :pardon:
  • Answer: Wipe will be performed before Wave #2, so it will start with a clean and resource shuffled map.
Gray tag. Gray axe.Image

Laertes
Devoted Believer

Post by Laertes » 01 Dec 2016, 04:22

32. As I understand your Answer at #15, additional tickets can be given to friends (who first had to buy LiF:YO which already gives them one ticket each) or used for everyones additional chars. Am I right?
  • Answer: Yes, additional tickets should be transferable.
33. Will believers receive the god´s Favour in inventory when they´re creating a char in MMO-world?
  • Answer: It will be located in the virtual storage that can be accessed by all characters from the same account
33.1. As it already can get addet in YO (in GM), GF has a weight of 1 stone each, and it´s an Item that can get lootet by everyone who knocked me down. So for me it sounds like an invitation for some players, to kill overloaded chars not just for the steam-archievement ... and if they´re not sure, they just have to look out for victims in spezial colored Believer-outfits. How will believers get protected?
  • Answer: Those special items won't be lootable. They will not drop upon character's death.

Bjarkan

Post by Bjarkan » 01 Dec 2016, 04:30

34. I have the game and I want to buy a bronze account. Can I play 2 characters without problems?
  • Answer: Yes, indeed.

Stafford33
Zealous Believer

Post by Stafford33 » 01 Dec 2016, 06:40

35. So if I buy the gold pack you will get fancy clothes or dress for final mmo release or is it for the beta only?
  • Answer: It will be available at Wave #2 (Open Beta) stages and still be available until release. We plan to make it a [no drop] item without special effects, just a fancy look.

Saar
Zealous Believer

Post by Saar » 01 Dec 2016, 11:27

36. Sorry in advance to ask you this question but... your studio have some money problem?
As you want a no pay-to-win (early acces is a little part of this), as you said alpha and beta tester both will have some kind of bonus (which can be this packs)... I'm asking if economic reality guide its marketing operation..?

Obviously, game developpment is really expensive. We all know that and you have to find a way to find a financial balance but, this Supporter Pack look like (for me) not prepared at all (you even know what to put in premium (!) that's why I permit myself to ask this question and I'm a little worried about all of you/your studio/LiF

Thanks for your time.
  • Answer: To be honest, we do not consider early start WITHOUT ability to build a house and/or monument early that much of an advantage or P2W. We really want to stress, that we do not consider any of those advantages as P2W.

Return to General Discussion