MMO Tests - Interactive FAQ

General discussion about Life is Feudal MMO and Life is Feudal: Your Own, The main section and backbone of the forums.
Weye
Devoted Believer

Re: MMO Tests - Interactive FAQ

Post by Weye » 07 Dec 2016, 02:44

https://s17.postimg.org/tquzlahj3/29008 ... 1255_1.jpg

278. Are log ladders like this working as intended? is this a tactic we should expect to deal with/utilize in the mmo?
  • Answer: Until we have a proper siege ladders and climbing mechanics - yes, I'd say that it is a good alternative. Constructing such ladder should take a LOT of time and effort, and the wall should not be a 100% safe defense by design.
Also we were wondering if there would be additional wall segment options later on? like wall sections without battlements for corners etc.
  • Answer: Yup, we might introduce some other types of wall modules later. But there's nothing certain yet.

Saar
Zealous Believer

Post by Saar » 07 Dec 2016, 10:54

279. With changes on wild animals IA, they (over- ?)reacting when humans approaching.
After two days of trys (slow approach, don't move, try to tame at max distance, on a log, run after animal, etc..) I didn't find a proper way to tame animals, they always finished block on me on or on a bush.

I'm sure you will fix this "block" problem but I don't understand how are we suppose to tame.
I never heard of a legit taming method. Can you explain how it's suppose to work? :)
  • Answer: You want to tame your animal - not to backstab it with a surprise hit :) So you need to approach animal slowly in front of it. The bigger your hunting skill, the bigger is the non-aggro sector you can approach the animal from. And once you're near the animal, you can start taming and it will work. Just tried it within our QA.

Artoria Pendragon
Zealous Believer

Post by Artoria Pendragon » 07 Dec 2016, 11:40

280.How about DIY painting, just drawing on a menu and save it as a texture replace the currently paiting`s main position,i think that is so interesting ! i could play it for whole day in my castle`s chamber :D
  • Answer: You can just open any paintings menu in any software for image editing. But the problem is, that only you will see your painting. Synchronization of such user made textures between all users - is a whole more complex task and definitely not our priority at the moment.
丨Revenge丨Unity丨Brave丨Yeomanry |

Khan-
Zealous Believer

Post by Khan- » 07 Dec 2016, 13:21

Veda wrote:277. Will you implement a real moat system ? If yes how ?
  • Answer: Our moats are rather real already, the only thing they're lacking is a real water. That would require a whole hydrodynamics simulation which is a VERY hard task in a single player environment, even harder in multiplayer and almost impossible in the MMO.

281. Do you plan a way to "create" swamp on a tile ? something with very very hard recipe like huge quantity of water + clay + sand + dirt, with a very very low slope permission (lower than the sand for example) and available for only 90... or even 100 skill ?
  • Answer: Actually I (Bobik) just had such idea just few days ago. I think we can consider it and that should not be THAT hard to implement.
100% French speaking alliance of Royaume Franc : http://lifeisfeudal-fr.com/
Les Témoins de Mérovée Site - Forum - Me contacter

Saar
Zealous Believer

Post by Saar » 07 Dec 2016, 14:13

282. Some news about "animals pull carts" ? :D
(Your lastest answer on the 16 november was "Soon"). We now are soon! Where are they? :)
  • Answer: We've achieved a bit of a breakthrough on that topic. I can't share anything specific at the moment.
    Stay tuned and check our development news this week ;)

Veda
Beta Tester

Post by Veda » 07 Dec 2016, 16:39

283. Some news about boats ? Do you plan to implement them in February ?
  • Answer: We will implement them, but definitely not at February.

Khan-
Zealous Believer

Post by Khan- » 07 Dec 2016, 20:21

284. Do you plan some kind of dyes ? Could be created with herbalist skill, improved or applied with arts skill... ? :D :angel:
  • Answer: Not really.

Sharana
Beta Tester

Post by Sharana » 07 Dec 2016, 23:53

285. In which ingame month are we going to start in wave 1 and then wave 2? If we start during winter when the crops don't grow at all it will be too hardcore, wouldn't it?
  • Answer: It would. Good point, we'll look into it. But you can always migrate to the south ;) There will be no or almost no snow.
286. Are there plans to increase the harvested amounts per tile after slowing down the growth with the new weather system? In the MMO there will be periods between 15 real days (best climate zone for farming) and 30+ real days when nothing will grow. Or just really hardcore "winter is coming" and make sure you are prepared by planting unimaginable (in size) for current LiF players fields?
  • Answer: Winter is coming indeed :) And fields have to be big, like in real life. And some stocks has to be created and protected for long winters. We will leave it as it is now and will see how it is going to work out.

Karabas
Alpha Tester

Post by Karabas » 08 Dec 2016, 11:47

287. the short runs before #1 - how long they will be? few days each? 14/12/2016 is not a weekend day.....
  • Answer: At least 1 week, hopefully longer.
288. resources shuffle BEFORE #1 (or short runs) ?
  • Answer: We have already shuffled the resources before the next wave.
289. resource shuffle - what is this? the trees are growing by thier way now, so no reason to shuffle them.
Ore blocks under ground, granite and mramour spots, quality of all tiles on the map, clay areas? what more?
i guess the good shuffle method = a way to random generated MMO world map =)
  • Answer: Mostly underground resources. Trees, clay and mountains will stay intact.
Gray tag. Gray axe.Image

Azzerhoden
Alpha Tester

Post by Azzerhoden » 08 Dec 2016, 14:12

Karabas wrote:287. the short runs before #1 - how long they will be? few days each? 14/12/2016 is not a weekend day.....

290. Wait, what? Everything I have seen stated wave #1 starts Dec 14th. Now it's not starting? I have guildies lined up to play. If this is a short run will those with access to wave 1 have access? Will characters get wiped after?
  • Answer: No idea where did you get that it's not starting.
    There will be wipe at the end of Wave #1.
| - Alpha Tester and Zealous Believer

Kingdom of Hyperion founding Duchy - A practical RP Community est. 1999 - Apply Today!

Azzerhoden
Alpha Tester

Post by Azzerhoden » 08 Dec 2016, 16:30

Azzerhoden wrote:
Karabas wrote:287. the short runs before #1 - how long they will be? few days each? 14/12/2016 is not a weekend day.....

290. Wait, what? Everything I have seen stated wave #1 starts Dec 14th. Now it's not starting? I have guildies lined up to play. If this is a short run will those with access to wave 1 have access? Will characters get wiped after?
  • Answer: No idea where did you get that it's not starting.
    There will be wipe at the end of Wave #1.

291. From question 287 it sounds like there will be more short waves before the start of wave 1. Yet I had thought that wave 1 started on the 14th. I am trying to reconcile the conflicting information, but perhaps I am just reading it wrong.

Updated - Thanks Sharana, that is the details I was looking for. I would also count all as 'wave 1', and it is appropriate for the servers to be up and down while new content is added and bugs fixed. Cheers!
Last edited by Azzerhoden on 08 Dec 2016, 20:19, edited 1 time in total.

Kingdom of Hyperion founding Duchy - A practical RP Community est. 1999 - Apply Today!

Sharana
Beta Tester

Post by Sharana » 08 Dec 2016, 16:52

Azzerhoden wrote:291. From question 287 it sounds like there will be more short waves before the start of wave 1. Yet I had thought that wave 1 started on the 14th. I am trying to reconcile the conflicting information, but perhaps I am just reading it wrong.

Wave 1 starts Dec 14. and will run without wipes till wave 2. BUT - wave 1 won't be 24/7, the servers won't be up all the time. 1+ week at start with servers offline during NY and russian Christmas (early january), then longer then a week period - slowly working towards 23/7 near the wave 2.

Aster Lunar
Zealous Believer

Post by Aster Lunar » 08 Dec 2016, 17:34

Sorry if this question has already been answered but do plan to add some kind of in-game private message system to the MMO?

A "send a raven" kind of thing would be cool to communicate between guilds / Kingdoms, endorse intrigue, forge secret alliances...etc.

Maybe we could send sealed messages using homing ravens / pigeons raised in crafted bird cages. It would be even better if they could be shot with an arrow before they reach their destination and deliver the message. But all this seems too complicated and far away for the current focus of the devs I am sure ! Maybe an idea for a future addition.
  • Answer: Unfortunately, all those ideas does not really work, because everyone will just get connected in skype/forum/email/TS whatever and all those super intrigues and ravens will not work, unfortunately.

Khan-
Zealous Believer

Post by Khan- » 08 Dec 2016, 21:14

293. Will players be able to join any regional server they want ? A NA player join Asia server, European joining NA server etc ?
  • Answer: We do not plan any regional limitations so far.

Scruffman

Post by Scruffman » 09 Dec 2016, 15:01

294. So when is Wave 2 planned for? Will LiF:YO owners get 1 free ticket to the mainland?
  • Answer: Wave #2 will start not long after Wave #1 is finished. And yes, LiF:YO owners will receive one character ticket.

Khan-
Zealous Believer

Post by Khan- » 10 Dec 2016, 13:36

295. Will kingdoms have the possibility to be in alliance with another kingdoms with the game mecanics without becoming the same entity ? Are will they be only out the game ?
  • Answer: It won't be possible. At least not by in game mechanics. Whenever one kingdom accepts alliance invitation from another, it will become a vassal country and all its previous vassals will also become vassals in that kingdom.

Cian
Alpha Tester

Post by Cian » 10 Dec 2016, 20:21

296. If it is determined that regional servers are not feasible due to population concerns will it be possible to abandon the prime time idea and simply let the defender pick the siege time as they please?
  • Answer: We will see. If something will not work as intended, we will change it of course :)
Lord Cian Khan
Baron of Deephold,
Gul Khan of House of Khans
Great Khan of the Tribal lands

HOUSE OF KHANS
http://www.houseofkhans.com

HOK DISCORD
https://discord.gg/NRB3DR3

Katranius
Beta Tester

Post by Katranius » 10 Dec 2016, 21:11

297. Is it possible that the trees will not grow old and die, in the territory of the monument!? Even if only in YO...
  • Answer: Everything dies... Life is Feudal.
    But if you want to do it in YO, you can try to create a new object (like "stool") that will have a model of a grown up tree. You will be able to place it anywhere and it will not grow old and die. But that will require some modding skills from you.

Artoria Pendragon
Zealous Believer

Post by Artoria Pendragon » 11 Dec 2016, 10:19

298.Will the stump still can grow to be a new tree(only reduced quality)?
  • Answer: No, it can't now and it won't.
丨Revenge丨Unity丨Brave丨Yeomanry |

Stormsblade
Alpha Tester

Post by Stormsblade » 11 Dec 2016, 21:13

299. What level of guild management of access to storage will be available in Wave 1?
Will I be able to set any building as access to certain ranks only?
Will we be able to set individual ownership?
  • Answer: As detailed as possible. Yes, you will be able to designate rules for each individual object for each individual entity (player, guild rank, guilds with certain standings, guilds etc).

Azzerhoden
Alpha Tester

Post by Azzerhoden » 12 Dec 2016, 05:30

300. Being that this is the magical number 300, is there any terrain in the game that well allow us to defend with a small group against an overwhelming Persian army?
  • Answer: I think that in some northern or southern armies you will be able to find a few such spots. And you're always free to create them ;)

Stormsblade
Alpha Tester

Post by Stormsblade » 12 Dec 2016, 06:15

Azzerhoden wrote:300) Being that this is the magical number 300, is there any terrain in the game that well allow us to defend with a small group against an overwhelming Persian army?
The hot volcano gates. :D

301. Do the LiF MMO server squares use the same advanced forest growth algorithms as LiF:YO?
  • Answer: Yup, they do.

Karabas
Alpha Tester

Post by Karabas » 12 Dec 2016, 17:34

302. Any plans to rebalance containers? a human can pull a cart with 1200 , so a horse should be able to pull more..... 2500? 3000?
another idea - with slowered growing speed we need to have MUCH MORE WOOD and food and vegetables in warehouses.... so warehouses should be tuned up abit =) :angel:
  • Answer: We'll look into it. Kinda agree with you.
Gray tag. Gray axe.Image

Sharana
Beta Tester

Post by Sharana » 12 Dec 2016, 17:50

303. Bobik, is there are a chance that you will change your mind about x1 during the wave 1? That's speed designed for long living server and it's fine, but during a test wave? Wave 1 will have longevity of average YO server - about 3 months and unlike YO it won't be up all the time - there will be days and weeks of offline time. The majority of the testers won't even reach 90 skill before the wipe and such speed is simply discouraging when you know that the wipe will come in about 3 months and you have to regrind these 3 months again. x1 is grinding on a "server" you expect to play year and more, not 3 months "test", so it's not a test of functionality if you grind most of the wave to reach 60 skill. x10 like on the short waves will be too fast I agree, but x3 to x5 is not unreasonable. Hell even x2 if you want us to live in shacks and run around naked without even unlocking cooking till the wave 1 is almost over, but definitely not x1...
  • Answer: I think you're correct. We will think about x2 at least.

Karabas
Alpha Tester

Post by Karabas » 12 Dec 2016, 17:54

maybe atleast growing speed increse abit? :angel:
or we will not be able to even test in once ....
Gray tag. Gray axe.Image

Khan-
Zealous Believer

Post by Khan- » 12 Dec 2016, 23:58

304. IF someone get spawn killed, killed, respawn, killed etc... will there be an alternative respawn point, like capital city, maybe after 3-4 kills ? (a little like being knocked down 3 times in a row, letting us choosing if we want to die)
  • Answer: We will implement it if such situations will occur. I mean, the killer must be inside your house to do that, and that should not happen often...

Karabas
Alpha Tester

Post by Karabas » 13 Dec 2016, 07:09

Well asked )) we always able to press button "logout" ))) or just not to press "ok"......
Gray tag. Gray axe.Image

Karabas
Alpha Tester

Post by Karabas » 13 Dec 2016, 11:29

305. about bare-footed runing speed penalty - any plans to implement the damage to boots from using - runing and walking? whould be realistick..... stone stairs recieving dmg when i step on it =)

so may be add a supporters or premium starter's leather boots of poor quality to payd packs? with durability for like 10 kilometers of walking/running? =) so ppl will have to deside - use it right from start or save to another moment =)

it could be really usefull little bonus, but not too huge to become p2w =) better whan useless starter's primitive tools =)

p.s. increased walking damage to boots when overloaded may be .... =) :beer:
  • Answer: No comments about the stairs :) As about boots damage - we might implement it someday. And the tools won't be primitive, but I got you, good ideas :good:
Gray tag. Gray axe.Image

duddey
Alpha Tester

Post by duddey » 13 Dec 2016, 17:45

306.Will you add the posibility of building underground and allow building doors at the entrance of mines during anytime of the development just like Wurm Unlimited??
  • Answer: Yup, some objects that can be built underground and cannot be moved later should be implemented. Just not very soon.
307. Will you visually add chickens, horses, rabbits, cows, pigs etc in the stables and chicken coops?
  • Answer: Maybe. Although, that is not our priority at the moment.
308.I think that being able to store a horse in the inventory would totally break the game immserion. Will we be able to bring a recently tamed horse to our stable by pulling them with a rope?
  • Answer: We don't have any plans to change current horses handling system.
Thanks you very much fandango style Bobik :beer:

Johnofthemeadow
Beta Tester

Post by Johnofthemeadow » 13 Dec 2016, 20:54

309. Will there be some way to prevent instant combat logging? like a disconnect timer?
  • Answer: It is already there. Steam integration prevented us from implementing log off timer because Steam actively terminated all connections as soon it lose connection with its client. Since we're talking about MMO - there is no Steam and no such problem. Players' avatars will stay in the world for 10+ seconds before disappearing. It should already work.

Return to General Discussion