What has to be improved

Have some feedback for Life is Feudal: Forest Village? Post it here!

Darkiger

What has to be improved

Post by Darkiger » 27 Dec 2016, 10:27

Dear team,

This game sounds amazing and very exciting but it still has many things to be improved :

1) Terraforming is a great tool but sometimes the height difference is much too high and the workers cannot access. We should be warned when our terraforming does not allow the workers to access.
Terraforming around a building does not impact the position of the building, it should. Because some buildings are suddenly no more accessible to the workers and we cannot destroy it :%)
2) Starving : I had people coming back to town with food on their back but they died of starving on the way :shock: . Believe me, if I am hungry and I have food on my back I eat it ! Please do not allow harvesters to die from starving while they carry food
3) Chicken and sheep : one of the biggest problem here is that every 2 farms built are not harvested correctly. For instance my first chicken plot delivers the eggs but my second one does not and the path to the chicken is clear (no access disturbance). I have over 4'000 eggs not delivered in the reserves. Same for the wool, my second plot has also over 4'000 units not delivered
4) Please let us farm the donkeys :)
5) Building a farm should be completed with 2 animals already in order to procreate. Actually I have to build 2 similar farms and move all the animals to the same plot to insure procreation
6) Access to the buildings is a great problem. Many times I set a building on a terraformed area and no one could access it because of the height difference. Let put an additional building case around the buildings to allow a 100% access or plan an access when the workers are building. Maybe show the building red when the path is blocked for access.
7) Buildings overview : my village is actually up to 200 people and I have a lot of buildings hidden by the trees. This is very hard to locate a hunting hut, a well, a mine, a food reserve with such vegetation. Please help us to locate the buildings easier.
8.) What is the link between food consumption and calories ? I didn't get it. Pies have 4 to 5x more calories than row food but are eaten as fast. We need more resources to produce them but they bring no benefit, they should last 4 to 5x more than row food. I lost a whole population because of this.
9) Crops harvest : I don't get why some crops are not fully harvested before winter. 100% of my crops are occupied with farmers and I always start planting when the temperature hits +1 degree starting of the year, so early enough. End of the season, some fields are fully harvested and some amazingly only half or 2/3 :shock:
10) Food and material dispatch : we should set the destination of the food and material to dispatch them a better way and choose if we want the workers or the donkeys to make the way to the stock buildings. Maybe you should assign some food or material quantities to each reserve building ;)
11) Stocking limits are not working. I have sometimes quantities over the limit I set and my stocks are full of stuff I don't need
12) Allow us to destroy the stuff we don't need, either they just badly overload our reserves
13) Overall statistics should be implanted in the game. This way we can see the needs of our population in calories, coal, clothes etc ... and how much we would produce if all posts are 100% occupied. Would be great to show the percentage of the needs covered by the assigned workers :good:
14) Just a 2 copper idea about the food, maybe you should allow us to build food shops (butchers, fish stalls, pie sellers, etc... ) so our walking workers do not continuously die of starving on their way.
15) Let us set priorities to the job of the workers. I sometimes saw a worker starving or freezing and instead of heading back home he got back to his/her working spot :Search: . We should be able to tell him : hey, do not be fool and take care of you :D
16) Harvesting animals : if I well got it, and I did :) , the hunter who killed an animal first brings the meat and then make a second time the way to catch the fur. It would be smart to set priorities for the hunters. When you are badly in need of meat and you see your hunters loosing time bringing furs back as you already have 10'000 units in stock ... :shock: :sorry:

For your information, I played almost 50 hours and after a lot of failed starts, I finally created a village with about 200 people, warm clothes supply, coal for each house and my stocks are full (I soon have to build more stock buildings as houses :crazy: )

Many thanks for your attention and congratulation for the game, it is on the way to become one the best medieval building simulation ever ! :Bravo:

Best regards,
Darkiger

Remmco.gvisan

Re: What has to be improved

Post by Remmco.gvisan » 29 Dec 2016, 20:18

All good suggestions...one I would put at the top would be the seriously messed up goods distribution system. This needs to be completely overhauled. By that I mean moving goods in between warehouses and barns.

I will post later a suggestion on how to build a self sustaining system.

The caravan should be useful for moving LARGE amounts of goods all at once. Thats about it.

Ravenfury2
True Believer

Post by Ravenfury2 » 08 Jun 2017, 23:57

All your suggestion make sense~

But I shall add one or two, unless I didn't read them by error. xD

1) Windmill seems to have issues if you have a mod that allows villager to carry more stuff than normal. ( like they can carry 20 grain, and I once had a mod that 4x that, so they could carry 80. ) And because it was so over the needed quantity, they stopped working the mill properly. Literally, they just stood about doing nothing. Couldn't even control them and do the work myself, as the interact prompt wasn't showing.

2) Hostel should be temporary. Just like it says. No one should move into one unless they find themselves homeless ( AKA, upgrading a house, or destroying one )

Otherwise, the hostel loses all purpose if anyone can just go live in there at will. (and messes my plans of slow and planed expansion)

3) Make more pies/bread per batch. They are the best food around, but like Darkiger mentioned, even if they get more calories in them, they seems to last as quick as a mere fish. And because of that, they are spent so quickly and unable to actually stockpile them properly for later ( without locking them out ) on top of the fact they take so long to make. 10 bread maker doesn't do as much food as 10 fishermen for example. ( effectively at least ) and I believe it should be the other way around, since to make pies and bread, it needs a lot more steps and building space to make them. it should be rewarded to manage to get to these than they appear right now.

Hannesreindl83

Post by Hannesreindl83 » 11 Jun 2017, 09:07

Yes i fully agree on everything, for me the most annoying things which should be changed are:

AI
People starving with barns filled with food, builders only do one stroke and then leave the site for no reason so it takes forever to build stuff.

Resource propagation:
I would like to have it like in banished where you have markets and assign workers to the market and they get the goods and also that laborers can transport goods from one barn to the other to even them out.

Also if people are homeless they should still be able to get into someones else house to get warm and eat or do they all hate each other so much ?

Staples:
Limits are very much needed. I created a route to even out the food between barns but it is impossible they simply take everything from one barn and put it into the other, like in anno for example there should be a way to control how much goods you wanna transport and when to stop.

cheers

Teshub

Post by Teshub » 24 Jun 2017, 04:47

All these reasons are valid the only thing I can add having watched all these kinds of games and many others since they were invented, don't be like a lot of the others and ignore good advice, you got what looks like to be a real good city builder keep up the good work! :D

Return to Feedback Section