Steam and LiF account issue

If you run into any issues while browsing our website or forums, you can find details on how to report them in here.

Moderators: Codeman, Arrakis

Eudes
True Believer

Steam and LiF account issue

Post by Eudes » 12 Jan 2017, 20:07

I hope you guys from the LIF team are aware of the amount of business you're losing with this... The issue is around since, guess when... December 2015 according to this forum (if not more).
Love the game, really want to see you guys succeed. I know you are independant devs and I was about to support you guys by buying the MMO (with the due reductions as I own LIF:YO).
But you know what ? I don't feel like putting money into something that clearly isn't able to manage itself. How can an issue like that be around for more than a year ? It's the same mentality that lead you guys to release LIF:YO unfinished (I bought the Alpha version of your game, and this "release version" is enjoyable anyway, but very clearly, well, unfinished).
I'm reconsidering wether I should even spend on the MMO, which SHOULD be great, if not amazing, based on what is announced (exactly like LIF:YO), but could easily be another disappointment if this is managed the same way as everything else...
Oh and I tried your little "temporary" way around the issue it didn't work. The buttons in the account settings don't work either (with or without adblock, no difference). I'm not going to spend hours trying to give you guys money, I don't have that time.
Fix it, fix your ways of doing, and you'll be an amazingly successfull bunch (plus I'd be very glad to support you guys) ! ;)

Wookiee420
True Believer

Re: Steam and LiF account issue

Post by Wookiee420 » 12 Jan 2017, 21:56

So what you are asking is that you would rather by YO on Steam and NOT get into the MMO? You want them to charge people more money, while for the past 3 years they have promised that you get the MMO free with YO? How is that fair to those that own it or those that were planning on owning it?

Now that the MMO is coming, that is where their money is. They shut down official YO servers and its only community servers now, some of which will be shut down because not many people will pay for a 64 player server while you are paying for the MMO. YES YO will get constant updates with new features but so will the MMO. The MMO is where the company needs to be focused.

Seeing as YO lasted 2 years and still is going, and has generated enough funds for them to keep making the MMO, and then generated enough fans to want to pay for, it clearly is being managed properly. Very few games have a dev team this involved with their community. I'm sorry that you are too stubborn to try the work around, it clearly works and isnt that much effort, I know cause I did it too.

You sound like you want someone to come in here and beg you to stay, but I doubt that will happen. You dont want to play then don't, you already bought YO anyways.

Also "the issue" doesnt describe with the issue is. Is it that they are offering two products for the price of one and you would rather everyone pay more?

Eudes
True Believer

Post by Eudes » 15 Jan 2017, 11:43

Thank you for taking the time of answering my previous message, but you didn't get the point at all. Maybe I wasn't clear and at least you seem to care about all of this. I'll skim out the frustration to make it more clear:
1. The issue: I am not able to join my steam account with my LiF account here on the website, while I would want to support the development of the MMO by buying one of the "believer" packages. This issue with linking lif and steam accounts appears to be around since (at least) December 2015 and I have tried the different ways suggested by the team to make it work, but it doesn't. It's too bad because that is exactly the flow of money they need (hence my first remark about management, you could have the best product, but if your process to finance its life is not functional, you'll end up in trouble and wasting both money and time, i'm sure you are aware of that too).
2. I love playing LiF:YO, love the concept, and love the idea behind the game, which is why I want to support the MMO. LiF:YO is already great, but the finition of the game is not, according to me but you may disagree and that's ok, which is too bad as the potential of this game is huge, hence my second remark about management.
3. The whole point of supporting the team, is because I (and you very clearly too) believe in their ability to make it reach its amazing potential (both LiF:YO and the MMO). The way LiF:YO was released while being closer to being a final beta than a releasable game is too bad, as here again I supported and bought the game in its Alpha version, hoping for it to be what was announced, which it almost is (the whole deal being in the "almost", with regard to all the work put in this game, a clean release doesn't seem to be unreachable to the developping team).

I hope this is more clear. I am not aiming at making anyone feel like crap, the dev team's work is already great, my whole point being that I want all of this to work (I'm sure you do too, and the team as well) and there is a set of issues that appear to be in the way of this happening, hence the frustration in my previous message. The team deserves LiF to work and become huge, and as you understood and probably agree with: we'd love to see it happen as well.

Arrakis

Post by Arrakis » 15 Jan 2017, 12:23

Hello Eudes. We are currently working on this system, but we have met some unexpected problems that slowed down the process. We'll do what we can to make it work as soon as possible.

Eudes
True Believer

Post by Eudes » 15 Jan 2017, 14:25

Arrakis wrote:Hello Eudes. We are currently working on this system, but we have met some unexpected problems that slowed down the process. We'll do what we can to make it work as soon as possible.

Alright, thank you for your answer Arrakis. Hope you will be able to fix it soon !
I have a question based on your answer:
If I buy one of the "believers" pack now (withouth the LiF:YO reduction then but that's ok), will I be able to link it with my steam account once this is fixed ?

Arrakis

Post by Arrakis » 15 Jan 2017, 15:01

Yes, you will be able to link the Steam account with website account once this feature is fixed.

Eudes
True Believer

Post by Eudes » 15 Jan 2017, 18:34

Great, thank you Arrakis and good luck !

BPDENVERCO
True Believer

Post by BPDENVERCO » 19 Feb 2017, 16:35

can i assume, as of feb 19, the linking of steam and LIF account, is still not working, or if so. how do you do it.. and they are offering extra 10 5 off for yo owners until march, but thats not really working???

Arrakis

Post by Arrakis » 19 Feb 2017, 20:53

BPDENVERCO wrote:can i assume, as of feb 19, the linking of steam and LIF account, is still not working, or if so. how do you do it.. and they are offering extra 10 5 off for yo owners until march, but thats not really working???

It does work, just not via account settings. Here is how you do it at the moment:

- login to lifeisfeudal.com using Steam service (http://take.ms/OxHwA)
    - choose correct Steam account (info is taken from you browser's temp files)
    - on a "validate access" step select you existing LiF account/email
For LiF:YO ownership verification, one has to contact Xsolla Support.

BPDENVERCO
True Believer

Post by BPDENVERCO » 23 Feb 2017, 00:00

thanks,got it

Return to Website Support