MMO Tests - Interactive FAQ

General discussion about Life is Feudal MMO and Life is Feudal: Your Own, The main section and backbone of the forums.
Khan-
Zealous Believer

Re: MMO Tests - Interactive FAQ

Post by Khan- » 24 Jan 2017, 18:04

388. Will wall paint be for the inside, outside or both ?
  • Answer: If you're talking about castle walls heraldry paintings, we planned to have it for outside, but this might change.
389. Same for statues ?
  • Answer: Not sure what you mean.
390. Will arches have a longer model, with something like 4 or even 5-6 tiles between both jambs ?
  • Answer: This is not in our plans.
100% French speaking alliance of Royaume Franc : http://lifeisfeudal-fr.com/
Les Témoins de Mérovée Site - Forum - Me contacter

Camil199197
Zealous Believer

Post by Camil199197 » 25 Jan 2017, 03:54

391. Any plans for reworking 2H Hammer build?
2H Hammer is at the moment the worst build, with 2H Axe, because of low speed and low HP pool.
  • Answer: We have a major combat system retweaking that's going to be revealed soon.

Khan-
Zealous Believer

Post by Khan- » 25 Jan 2017, 15:27

Khan- wrote:389. Same for statues ?
  • Answer: Not sure what you mean.

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.c ... 5D9053694/
About the statues we can see in the walls :)
inside, outside or both ?
  • Answer: Outside only, but you can always build a wall section facing its outside part inward your castle ;)
Last edited by Khan- on 25 Jan 2017, 16:12, edited 1 time in total.

Saar
Zealous Believer

Post by Saar » 25 Jan 2017, 15:32

392. With “Development News” published on the forum by Arrakis, we see some designed armors. Are they cash shop cosmetics or real armors?
  • Answer: We haven't made the final decision yet. There's a high chance that it will be a cash shop reskin, but it is not set in stone yet.
393.Have you found an official name for the continent?
  • Answer: Not yet, but we might have it soon ;) You should expect a major lore rework/update in a few weeks.
394.Who is the Sleeper and what is his story?
  • Answer: Our God. We're still working on his lore, so stay tuned ;)
395.On the MMO presentation page, you speak about the possibility to create underground cities.
For now it’s completely impossible but what have you planned? Full construction or partial (only door and others kind of objects)?
Will we see "dwarf" cities?
  • Answer: You can already place movable objects underground in LiF:YO and LiF: MMO. And yes, we have some distant plant to introduce underground doors, sections/modules.

Khan-
Zealous Believer

Post by Khan- » 26 Jan 2017, 15:53

396. I remember that I read somewhere the MMO will be available in steam, but I cannot find back the "source", did I misunderstood, or will you bring it to steam ?
  • Answer: We will distribute our game on Steam, but it will most likely happen on later stages of Wave#2. We need to make a payment integration with Steam wallet and a few other integrations, so it will take some time.
397. Will we be able to see the name account of a character, and then, prevent any spy ? or will we be completly anonymous at any moment ? :)
  • Answer: It will be possible to have multiple characters per account. Also, any adequate spy will just create a new account and new character, so it will not help knowing his account/character name.
398. About q380 : I was asking about a website, a section on the official website or simply an html code to see the live MMO map, to see the last version of the map when people terraform, or even the politic map, without being connected to the game. We could be able to seek or explore without being in the game :beer:
  • Answer: Nope, that is too complex to implement and not really a good idea IMHO. You should explore in game, not outside of it ;)
399. Do you plan something against constructions that prevent terraforming like unfinished coops, wattle/stone fences etc ?
People use them as a fortification for their moats, preventing people to dig under the walls... and most of the time it's completly invulnerable... should add a timer for unfinished stuff to disappear ?
  • Answer: I think that we will add a possibility to deconstruct/destroy unfinished buildings during sieges/JHs
400. Is 69bit client eating all the studio ressource, and explaining the overall delay ? :(
  • Answer: Not all the resource indeed, but ye, it is in the "almost done" state for last 2 weeks and every time we encounter some nasty bugs and have to search and fix them for some time :(
401. Do you plan a fresh new land for people waiting the official MMO release, since there's no wipe, people would come in a not virgin land...
could it be cool/fun to add new servers with a huge sea between the old land and the new land, and only freshly created characters could join it for a short time and then let everyone play together with the implementing boats... ? (maybe dreaming uh ? :friends: )
  • Answer: We hope that Newbie islands will be available in the nearest closed beta run

Tankoua
Zealous Believer

Post by Tankoua » 26 Jan 2017, 21:53

402. About building construction - do you think you will integrate several "image" of the building according to the construction's evolution? And when?
  • Answer: Not planned. It is not that easy to implement, unfortunately.

Taki87
True Believer

Post by Taki87 » 28 Jan 2017, 06:40

Taki87 wrote:387. I have a simple question abouth armors.
In the future could we use to gether different padded armors (novice, regular, heavy) with any one of the chainmaill, scale, plate types, or there will be restrictions?

For example: Novice padded armors only use to gether Regular chainmaill, scale, plate and no higher.
  • Answer: I'm not sure I understand you correctly, but we still do not plan to allow equipment of padded armors simultaneously with other types of armor.

403. You have posted in: "Development News #16 - The night is dark and full of...reasons to enjoy our new lighting"

...."Of course, you do not wear chainmail over your bare body! Additional layering is required underneath. This can be some basic, common clothing or a padded tunic.

We’re implementing this requirement to our new armor crafting system.".....

So I misunderstood what you wrote or I missed something. In the future ther is no armor combinations?
  • Answer: Indeed, that is some kind of misunderstanding. We do not plan to implement multilayered armor.

Condamnante

Post by Condamnante » 29 Jan 2017, 14:25

404. I keep checking server status, and I see servers up, but no players. If I get a pack, will I be able to play, or is it something wrong?
  • Answer: Servers are closed for the time being, as we are processing the data from the first test run and we're fixing issues. Servers will be open again during next wave #1 test run that should start in February.

Sharana
Beta Tester

Post by Sharana » 02 Feb 2017, 23:16

405. We were sure we catched a bug during the MMO concerning quality formula calculations. Was reported, but it's still in with the latest patch. Reported it again today, Tolik fowarded it to the designers and it turned out it's not a bug ... it's a feature!!!
  • Answer: Seems legit in my opinion.
The report was the following - iron doesn't get bonuses from high skill, blacksmith shop and high quality hammer. It's even losing quality!

Experiment:
We have 90+ forging skill, 80+ Blacksmith shop, 80q hammer - all of this gives bonuses to the end product. Then we get 59q iron bars and steel bars and try to craft Glassblower's Tools (2 bars, no handles).
- from 59q iron bars we get 55q tools
- from 59q steel bars we get 80q tools

Using 59q iron everyone expects to hit the 60 cap with so many bonuses. Nope, turns out that's a feature forcing us to use steel. The explanation was that even if before the cap we were supposed to get 75q now with the cap we WON'T get 60q, it will be lower like 55-56Q on purpose. We should either use 80q+ iron or 30q steel to make something 60q.

The Blacksmith mafia protests saying that it would be stupid to turn 30 quality iron into steel, better invest that flux in 60q iron where we will hit the 80 cap. And if we have 80q iron on us we will definetly turn it into steel/vost steel instead of using it for 60q tools...

So is such punishing ... "feature" really needed? - depriving the iron from all kinds of bonuses, even degrading it's quality only that we have to use steel? Isn't the cap at 60 enough? Most players kind of expect that using 50q metal in the mentioned situation will result in 60q end product after all those bonuses are applied.

406. Thank you for your time Bobik making that PvP Q&A in our TS! Some questions were missed or incorrectly stated. I will repeat them here after you agreed to answer more questions in text when you have the time :)

a) Should wooden weapons like simple spears take very high damage when blocking, meaning they will break after 2-3 successful parries?
  • Answer: Not very high, but still greater than metal weapons like swords.
b) Shields currently passively (just hanging on your back) block 100% arrows damage, but only 40% or so other damage. As that's balance do you think it will be better to transform that damage to blunt one? Currently slash through shield (without active block) gives 60% slashing damage, shouldn't that be blunt damage as the sword can't really slash through shield?
  • Answer: We consider it as a passive block, and just decrease the damage, but not converting it to anything. From the game design perspective, it is fine to me.
c) Will shields become stand alone skill as formations as well? Or at least in the place of blades mastery, so that spear users won't have to learn swords only for the shield?
  • Answer: We will consider it.
d) Do you plan to make the small shields (that are unpopular as they are heavy, but don't protect from archers) more popular in combat (meaning they are better then parry with weapon)? Currently you can parry just fine with weapon and don't need shield. It's even better to parry as you will stun your enemy! While on that topic - are the hard stuns after parry really necessary? It turns into wait for parry to hit a stunned target after that.
  • Answer: With pushing mechanics it might not be that straightforward. But I agree that we have to do something with smaller shields blocking.
e) If players are finally forced to fight in war stance (instead of switching in/out) do you plan to buff the agility and willpower bonuses? Like more speed (AGI) and stamina regeneration (willpower), so that they can still sprint and catch targets as now, but only if they have AGI+Willpower build?
  • Answer: We will consider it.

f) Once there is difference between male and females - will that also affects throwing weapons? Like throwing them further because of longer arms = more leverage for males?
  • Answer: No, that difference will not affect ranged combat at all.
g) In the latest devblog you mentioned you plan to make horses more "valuable" - what do you mean with that?
  • Answer: Make them harder and more expensive to produce. But that was mostly related to the simple horse to warhorse conversion.
h) Last one I promise :) What do you think about the idea to "nerf" the regular warhorse to the speed and maneuverability of a Hardy warhorse and "buff" the same Hardy warhorse to the current speed and maneuverability levels of regular warhorse? We can then consider that Hardy warhorse is special combat breed, something like the medieval destriers. It will be more valuable for combat and it's already much rarer then the regular warhorses.
  • Answer: We're looking into making more significant bonuses for all horse riding skills and different types of horses.

Thank you for the time again :)

Styxwash
Zealous Believer

Post by Styxwash » 03 Feb 2017, 01:30

407. Are you satisfied with how the Shield-bash mechanic works atm.? Are there any future plans to re-work the Shield-bash?
  • Answer: We will review it along with an implemented "push" ability.

Camil199197
Zealous Believer

Post by Camil199197 » 05 Feb 2017, 15:38

408. Will Warcries get some tweaks with the planned combat mechanic changes?

"Coward" debuff will be more useless, because it will be impossible to get the enemies with the new 20-30sec peace and warstance mechanic.

"Taunt" is at the moment the most useless skill.

"Arrrgghhh" cant remove slow effects.

Only good skill is "You are mine".
  • Answer: We will certainly review them.

Linbaba
True Believer

Post by Linbaba » 07 Feb 2017, 15:47

409. Will you give us a heads up before beta relaunch?

ie: tell us one week in advance?

(which would also mean that we know it's not coming in the next week if no announcement is made)
  • Answer: Not one week, but at least few days in advance.

JohnValentine
Zealous Believer

Post by JohnValentine » 10 Feb 2017, 06:57

410. Inverted and regular stone wall stairs have identical matts except that Inverted Stairs cost an additional 20 building logs. Is this a bug or feature? Far as I can tell, the difference between the stair sets is purely which direction the stairs point, and am having a hard time justifying building inverted stairs because of it.

If it is intended, my city plans are going to be pretty zoolander. XD
  • Answer: Seems like a bug. We'll look into it.

Azzerhoden
Alpha Tester

Post by Azzerhoden » 11 Feb 2017, 15:40

411) Can the 64 bit client be made available for download and installation at least a week before the next phase launches so as to give folks plenty of time to download and install (and deal with any errors)?
  • Answer: It will be patched the same way as 32bit was patched. Most of the changes are in .exe and .dll files - they are not that big, so you should not have any troubles updating.

412) Are you planning on making alternative methods for downloading patches for folks in, say Alaska, who have issue finding enough peers to patch in a reasonable time frame? http://lifeisfeudal.com/forum/problem-downloading-updates-peer-to-peer-t21704/
  • Answer: Our patching is not done entirely via p2p. We have a CDN (content Delivery Network) that provides its servers globally to download the patch. I encourage everyone who has troubles downloading our game to send an email to helpmmo@lifeisfeudal.com with details of your location and firewall/antivirus software that you use (we encourage to turn it off to see if it is affecting downloads).
| - Alpha Tester and Zealous Believer

Kingdom of Hyperion founding Duchy - A practical RP Community est. 1999 - Apply Today!

Camil199197
Zealous Believer

Post by Camil199197 » 14 Feb 2017, 14:01

412. There is at the moment a tactic on the PvP servers where the low geared charakter run into the enemies crowd and invite to trade or send guild invites to block the visual field. I think the same thing will happen in the MMO servers.

My question is can you guys make an on/off button on the Interface to block all trade/invites action?
  • Answer: We will implement option to disable such notifications.
413. How do you plan to implement the skill tree leveling with the new combattree?

As an example:
Bersek: Will it only be possible to increase the skill with warcries?
Or with the hitting on the full plate armor too?
  • Answer: Yup, armor hitting will do too.

Bh1
True Believer

Post by Bh1 » 15 Feb 2017, 07:20

414. At the moment most of the poision are useless or do not work properly. Only the poision damage hard hp/soft hp works good and this, with high quality, the enemy is a one-hit.

I would be happy if the effects of the poisons would produce different states (blindness, lameness, slowing, movement disability, persistence loss, slow health loss, loss of fitness skills etc.) but nothing that would lead to the death with one hit

Here we have to think about it: poisons-overhaul-t22488/

I would also like the same for potions with positive effects, they should be more useful and alchemy products should be worth trading

Is there any thought to change something here?

Thank you for your attention
  • Answer: We definitely need to tweak poisons, but that is not our priority at the moment :(

U96
True Believer

Post by U96 » 15 Feb 2017, 16:51

415. How will the future of the central city look like? Will there be opportunities in the central city for "single players" to practice a profession in order to fill the city with life?
  • Answer: I doubt that we will be able to provide enough content for "single player" inside the city walls. Without an ability to farm, mine and do other types of significant world shaping activities, life in the city will not be fun IMHO.

Brother

Post by Brother » 16 Feb 2017, 15:44

416. Given that you all are planning on implementing the new combat trees by Wave 1, phase 2 - can you provide some insight into what will happen to the skills for characters that have already been created? Will they be converted somehow?

Thanks!
  • Answer: Yes, they will be converted.

Kildrith
Zealous Believer

Post by Kildrith » 16 Feb 2017, 21:32

417. For the instanced battle, if you are pulling a cart and are in the rally point to go into the instanced battle. will the cart you are pulling get pulled into the instanced battle with you?
  • Answer: Nope, it will be left on the ground. Same thing will happen if you will carry some object on your back. But you will have a countdown timer before you'll be pulled into the instanced battle, so you'll have some time to drop your objects and equip yourself properly.

Khan-
Zealous Believer

Post by Khan- » 17 Feb 2017, 20:28

418. IF you provide a MMO roadmap, will you provide it as soon as possible, or only after the wave 2 beginning ?
  • Answer: We want to see the results of our current closed beta test run#2 and then, we hope, some kind of more precise prediction and planning will be possible.
419. Do you still plan the wave 2 (open beta) for february-april 2017 ?
  • Answer: Definitely not February, but April, maybe.

Styxwash
Zealous Believer

Post by Styxwash » 17 Feb 2017, 21:40

420. Now that Partisan is being nerfed as THE anti-cavalry weapon, will we see the pikes getting some buffs?
(And hopefully a fix to it's sitting/bracing animation, that doesn't work at all.)
  • Answer: Well, most probably yes.
    We need more details about sitting/bracing animations bug. Please send a report to helpme@lifeisfeudal.com

Artoria Pendragon
Zealous Believer

Post by Artoria Pendragon » 18 Feb 2017, 16:50

421.could you consider to make “shift” key available while character are in the carrying-mod,for example when im in the carrying mod,i can press shift to boost my speed while consuming more stanima.
forgive for my bad english :%)
  • Answer: We will consider it, thanks!
丨Revenge丨Unity丨Brave丨Yeomanry |

Khan-
Zealous Believer

Post by Khan- » 19 Feb 2017, 14:28

422. Before the wave 2 release, (few weeks to few months) will you do stress tests, on every servers, on server 25 only, with battle system ? (it could also give a time estimation for people waiting for wave 2 ^^ )
  • Answer: Yes, we will certainly need some stress tests. But instanced battle system got nothing to do with 25th server ;)

Azzerhoden
Alpha Tester

Post by Azzerhoden » 19 Feb 2017, 22:41

423. I have folks who are debating whether to buy the packages for beta access, yet I am advising them to wait as its not clear whether there will be additional phases of play in Wave 1. Will there be a phase 3 for beta wave 1? Or a phase 4?
  • Answer: We will have phase #3 for certain, and most probably #4 too.
| - Alpha Tester and Zealous Believer

Kingdom of Hyperion founding Duchy - A practical RP Community est. 1999 - Apply Today!

Dragodor
Zealous Believer

Post by Dragodor » 20 Feb 2017, 12:33

424) On PvP Servers most PvP Players don't use any armor 'cause it makes slower and the protection and resistance of armor is relatively low compared to the movement - so armor is often useless.

Do you plan to make armor stronger or naked people weaker to avoid the mass of naked PvP Players? Armored Players should be better protected - like the real knights in the dark ages - so it wouldn't be favourable anymore fighting without armor.
  • Answer: TBH we have another type of data. Naked fighters were fixed some time ago and actually, most people ARE using armor nowadays. We will have more precise data in MMO soon.

Tomasdulkys

Post by Tomasdulkys » 21 Feb 2017, 08:21

hi ahave problem i cant coneckt to game my nick name is Zemietis i em leader clan viking I was a beta tester now I can not find my nickname. plees help?

Camil199197
Zealous Believer

Post by Camil199197 » 21 Feb 2017, 17:48

425. Can we have get more details about the buffs form the armors?
  • Answer: In general, they boost metaclass specific bonuses and weapon bonuses.
    Padded - bonus to poled weapons damage in %% = magnitude. Resist from "impact" type of damage (that is dealt by a horse) %% = magnitude
    Leather - bonus to ranged weapons damage (bows, xbows, throwing) %%=magnitude. Bonus in %% to the bows and xbows reload speed
    Chainmail - all your damage with weapons while mounted increased by %% = magnitude. Spurs - increase your horse turning speed by magnitude
    Scale - bonus to damage of infantry type of weapons (1h axes, swords and maces) %% = magnitude. Bonus to passive block resistance. If you will wear a shield, but will not be blocking actively and will receive a blow on that shield - less damage will be passed on your body.
    Plate - bonus to damage of heavy infantry type of weapons (2h axes, swords and maces) %% = magnitude. Tightly fitted armor - gives a chance to resist a poisoned weapon hit: probability to be poisoned = 1.0 - 0.03 * Magnitude
426 What are the chopping resistance from the armor?
  • Answer: Chopping damage is better resisted by armor if compared with blunt and piercing, but is more penetrating if compared with slashing.
427. Can you give us more details, which weapons got changed and how they changed?
  • Answer: Not really. First of all, you should tell us that ;) Secondly, we might have some more tweaks coming.

REDARMYCCCP
Devoted Believer

Monument

Post by REDARMYCCCP » 21 Feb 2017, 17:53

428. We cant build monument! We have 14 persons in guild. When i click Private Claim nothing happening. What we can do? Thnx

Fushdk
Zealous Believer

Post by Fushdk » 21 Feb 2017, 22:52

Yes we have the same problem with the monument, we are 13 and cant place the monument.

Right now we live next to a nother guild there will safe our stuf ontill we can build the monument.

Will be great if some one can tell what I do worng?
I apologize for my spelling as I am dyslexic

We play to have fun, and that is why we play.

Shastamonecke
True Believer

Post by Shastamonecke » 22 Feb 2017, 03:03

Are you aware of some of the start up bugs like the infinite Initializing glitch?
  • Answer: Of course we are, and we are looking into it.

Return to General Discussion