Custom Map / Map Editor

Place for sharing your game modifications for Life is Feudal: Your Own

Gizmaul
Zealous Believer

Re: Custom Map / Map Editor

Post by Gizmaul » 17 Feb 2017, 04:04

Or you make tunneling and terraforming super fast:)

Gizmaul - I taught your girlfriend that thing you like!

Teleon
Mod Developer

Post by Teleon » 17 Feb 2017, 06:00

Hey Gizmaul!

The wipes where important, otherwise the fixes won't work.

We can adjust that u have super fast tunneling - we will change it today. ;)

So far, Teleon

croprince
Devoted Believer

Post by croprince » 17 Feb 2017, 09:53

Gizmaul we have been on other map last few days, gran canarian. It needs feedbacks aswell. Come and test that one too.

Nyuton
Mod Developer

Post by Nyuton » 17 Feb 2017, 14:57

Ok then let me implement some solution for hq clay and recreate the Himalaya map this evening/night and then it'll be up for a while so people can build and test in the longer term. No plans on wiping the Canarian map - luckily there are some HQ clay spots (within the hotspots) already.

Did I read right that you are making a custom map editor program? I'd love more info on that.
Well, "editor" shouldn't have been mentioned here yet. Sorry about that. This is a possible follow-up project but it's not gonna happen anytime soon, cause it'll be even more work than the custom maps. For now it's just something that can procedurally generate a map based on a grayscale heightmap image of terrain.
My Blog | Custom Maps & Tools for LiF:YO server owners on FeudalTools

Bjarkan

Post by Bjarkan » 18 Feb 2017, 03:48

hi i lik to play on Hymalaia have any rules or plan to wipe ?

Laertes
Devoted Believer

Post by Laertes » 20 Feb 2017, 09:58

Will these maps be available for free use in YO when you´re finished? :good:

Nyuton
Mod Developer

Post by Nyuton » 20 Feb 2017, 17:27

That's what we're aiming for.

Nevertheless, some funds need to be paid for a dedicated server that the application runs on. Will probably kick off with a donation button (voluntarily) and see how it goes.

Gizmaul
Zealous Believer

Post by Gizmaul » 20 Feb 2017, 21:50

OK noticed something a bit different. Croprince and I were talking about it. When you prospect you can get to 4 away. But not 2. Because the ore is all under 1 tile. I thought maybe it was just where I was. But after talking to him a bit he was having the same issue. Its not a huge deal. But leads to a lot of blasting holes to get a better read of where the vein is. In most LiF servers the ore starts on the surface. It just seems to be buried a little deeper here.

Maybe that is the intent then OK cool. But still wanted to point it out.

Not sure what animal count is, but as we add people it appears to be fairly slim pickings for hunters.

Other than those 2 things. Server seems to be running great!

Gizmaul
Zealous Believer

Post by Gizmaul » 20 Feb 2017, 22:09

Another thing that came up in conversation.

There are many spots that have rock in them that could be soil just for making it easier to build in some places.

There are a lot of sharp and narrow points and some deep cuts that can't be accessed. Right now there are 2 points that have granite that cant be dug. Looks like maybe just some softer corners on things. So much rock on the Himalaya map. Or worry is that is in a shuffle of the resources we don't want the silver to end up in a place you cant get it:)

Gizmaul
Zealous Believer

Post by Gizmaul » 20 Feb 2017, 22:40

Sadly things will be very quiet for 2 weeks. But there are several groups committed to coming back to the Himalaya map after the MMO run.

Some builds started. If you let it ride till then I think we can start hammering on your server some.

I have heard some ask for a bigger skill cap. But that is a couple people. I have had some talk about crafting being faster. I am actually OK with speeding it up. But its not a huge deal either way.

You gave items to some people, maybe add those items to character creation so everyone gets them.

I think single worst thing with whole server is the date. We will goto MMO for 2 weeks. And when we return it will be winter. SO it will be very slow as we wait for crops to grow again. but maybe you can alter date. Would be nice to see it be March when we start loading up people.

I think right now if you say no wipe for maybe 2 months after MMO we can provide 50+ people to test it all out and see what its made of.

Nyuton
Mod Developer

Post by Nyuton » 21 Feb 2017, 02:05

In most LiF servers the ore starts on the surface. It just seems to be buried a little deeper here.

Yeah it's how the mapgenerator is written. Ore "bubbles" are spawned under the rock, except for one cell. Basically, the generator picks random rock tiles, makes them become ore and spawns an ore bubble in the direction of the highest elevated neighbor tile - but always a few altitude units below the rock. If it's an issue it can be changed. Is it?

Not sure what animal count is, but as we add people it appears to be fairly slim pickings for hunters.

It's 100 on both servers, but on the big map even 100 could be pretty low cause of the huge landmass. Anyway, it's the maximum you can configure as far as I know.

There are many spots that have rock in them that could be soil just for making it easier to build in some places.

Not really sure what you mean here, unless you're talking about the highest elevated regions of the map (close to snowline and above). In the lower lying areas, rock is spawned only when a neighbor tile is >2m higher or lower, which would prevent any terraforming if the tile was soil.

Right now there are 2 points that have granite that cant be dug.
Have any screenshots you can share? Or position so I can take a look?

Thanks for feedback so far!

croprince
Devoted Believer

Post by croprince » 21 Feb 2017, 09:50

Nyuton wrote:
In most LiF servers the ore starts on the surface. It just seems to be buried a little deeper here.

Yeah it's how the mapgenerator is written. Ore "bubbles" are spawned under the rock, except for one cell. Basically, the generator picks random rock tiles, makes them become ore and spawns an ore bubble in the direction of the highest elevated neighbor tile - but always a few altitude units below the rock. If it's an issue it can be changed. Is it?

Right now there are 2 points that have granite that cant be dug.
Have any screenshots you can share? Or position so I can take a look?

Yes please, otherwise prospecting and probing skills dont have sense. Make more that "once cell" entrance to ore deposits. Hard to track, best we could get is 4 titles radius, still hard to dig couse it can be 4 under me, 4 higer of me height and all directions. Kinda cant reach the point to test main issue is there is enought ores what you guys wanted.

I know several, will leave a example of just one. And other explanation we we say that is couse i know on one spot where before wipe was silver, now is granit, thats completly fine till they are reachable somehow.
https://snag.gy/T38YDO.jpg

Teleon
Mod Developer

Post by Teleon » 21 Feb 2017, 13:41

Kezica9 wrote:I know several, will leave a example of just one. And other explanation we we say that is couse i know on one spot where before wipe was silver, now is granit, thats completly fine till they are reachable somehow.
https://snag.gy/T38YDO.jpg

I can also show u several Screenshots out of the "normal" YO Map, there is also some Granite not really accessible. :Search:

Nyuton
Mod Developer

Post by Nyuton » 04 Mar 2017, 06:46

Status update :)

http://nyuton.net/lifyo-custom-maps-status-update/

If anyone else having a spare server (or wanting to wipe an existing server for a custom map) is interested in joining the closed beta week(s), feel free to drop me or Teleon a message.

Nyuton
Mod Developer

Post by Nyuton » 12 Mar 2017, 01:10

Closed beta started today
http://nyuton.net/terratool-closed-beta-started/

First few map deployments were successfully done by a few server owners already without any help. So it appears that it's working as intended and installation can be performed with ease.

Alakar
Beta Tester

Post by Alakar » 12 Mar 2017, 06:10

Nyuton wrote:Closed beta started today
http://nyuton.net/terratool-closed-beta-started/

First few map deployments were successfully done by a few server owners already without any help. So it appears that it's working as intended and installation can be performed with ease.

Just can take many hours (~7) if latency is ~125ms between Database and Germany :cry: :D

Saar
Zealous Believer

Post by Saar » 12 Mar 2017, 09:49

Traduction française et suivi disponible sur von Culm

Nyuton
Mod Developer

Post by Nyuton » 12 Mar 2017, 15:21

Alakar wrote:
Nyuton wrote:Just can take many hours (~7) if latency is ~125ms between Database and Germany :cry: :D

Yup, high database latency results in long process time. While EU servers average at about 50 min for one map, American servers are at 6-7 hours. Don't wanna know about Asian or Oceanic. 12+ hours is likely. Well, it won't be like that forever. SQL file creation is coming...

Nyuton
Mod Developer

Post by Nyuton » 19 Mar 2017, 00:33

Good news!
  • Closed beta ended. TerraTool is now open to everyone.
  • One new map has been added.
  • New minimap fix method. Easier and better now. Could even benefit original map servers.

All details: http://nyuton.net/terratool-end-of-closed-beta/
TerraTool: https://terratool.nyuton.net/

Looking forward to seeing lots of new servers with custom maps in near future :)

MasterChief
True Believer

Post by MasterChief » 19 Mar 2017, 18:44

Danke, super Arbeit von Euch, läuft echt super :D

Avaloz
True Believer

Post by Avaloz » 19 Mar 2017, 22:17

Hello!

I have a question about add map. I think I'm doing all right but it still doesn't work.

What I did "all right"
Spoiler

My error:
Spoiler

I tried have serwer turned off and on. I don't have any problem with having standard map.

Nyuton
Mod Developer

Post by Nyuton » 20 Mar 2017, 06:46

Ever bothered to take a look at troubleshooting page?

Server Manager Troubleshooting

I can't add my server to Server Manager because TerraTool can't connect to my database. Why?
Make sure your database and your servers firewall allow remote connections. Try connecting from your home computer using an SQL client program to verify (such as HeidiSQL).

127.0.0.1 isn't a public IP address. This is a special address that always points back to the computer that is initiating the connection. So you're trying to make TerraTool server connect to itself.

If you have no clue what I'm talking about, don't add your server to Dashboard. Just go to Mapgenerator and use SQL file distribution method... it'll give you an SQL file that you can import to your database using HeidiSQL ;)

Traciexxx
Beta Tester

Post by Traciexxx » 25 Mar 2017, 22:46

I am very interested in loading a few maps onto my server but the Terratool is not letting me download the files direct so i can manual add it onto my server as having issues with the 'add server'

If you can get in touch please

Nyuton
Mod Developer

Post by Nyuton » 26 Mar 2017, 04:23

Got a big feature update yesterday.

Full details: http://nyuton.net/terratool-1-1-0-updat ... -features/

Summary:
Code: Select all
1.1.0       2017-03-25
--------------------------
* Visual overhaul for page header and navigation.
* New experiemental feature:
   - Original Map Patches category was added to Map Generator.
   - Currently, early access available for Supporter/VIP accounts only. (Testing!)
* New feature:
   - Random weather.xml generator is available at new category 'Tools & Scripts'
* Added: Server Manager will show map name in server list if database is connected.
   - Note: This works with maps that have been created with TerraTool 1.0.1 or later.
* Added: Amount of clay pits and max. altitude can now be customized in map deployment options.
* Added: Tooltips with explainations for some map customization options.
* Fixed a bug where SQL file distribution method was disabled when it shouldn't be.

nisland1_s.jpg
Nyu Island
nisland1_s.jpg (44.29 KiB) Viewed 24454 times

custom3.jpg
Max. Altitude Option
custom3.jpg (105.08 KiB) Viewed 24454 times

cm_weather.jpg
Random Weather
cm_weather.jpg (25.34 KiB) Viewed 24454 times

Konrad-II

Post by Konrad-II » 06 Apr 2017, 10:39

Great work
Finally a different map to see I find great :friends: :beer:

I use the Grand Canaria map on my server :good:

Karabas
Alpha Tester

Post by Karabas » 19 Apr 2017, 08:11

fix plzzz the new maps from Nyuton - make the water areas to have a bottom...so we will be able to make bridges and so on. now we cant pour substances into water (or even nearby) in most of cost areas - an error =(
Gray tag. Gray axe.Image

Nothing_Personal
Zealous Believer

Post by Nothing_Personal » 20 Apr 2017, 19:55

I've already imported the custom map, works great and thank you for the tool! It's a breath of fresh air to play on a new map.

Is it possible to load the terrain from one server on the MMO and import it to this tool for test purposes?

Nyuton
Mod Developer

Post by Nyuton » 22 Apr 2017, 10:31

Karabas wrote:fix plzzz the new maps from Nyuton - make the water areas to have a bottom...so we will be able to make bridges and so on. now we cant pour substances into water (or even nearby) in most of cost areas - an error =(

I honestly don't understand what you're trying to say. Can you explain this in a bit more detail?

Is it possible to load the terrain from one server on the MMO and import it to this tool for test purposes?

Nope. Unless you can make the devs release the heightmaps of the MMO, but I'm sure that's not going to happen. But even then you would have a different resource distribution (ore, minerals, clay).

Nyuton
Mod Developer

Post by Nyuton » 22 Apr 2017, 11:43

Next update is here!

http://nyuton.net/terratool-1-3-0-is-here/

Code: Select all
1.3.0       2017-04-22
--------------------------
* New Feature: Added ability to upload own maps to TerraTool and distribute them to servers.
* New Feature: Added ability to share uploaded maps with the community.
* Map Generator: Added new modification for the original map: The Umbrella
* Map Generator: Seperated this page in 4 categories:
   - TerraTool Official Maps
   - User Created Maps
   - My Uploaded Maps
   - Original Map Patches
* Map Generator: Max. altitude range for custom maps extended 25 meters in each direction (now 125.0 - 375.0)
* Map Generator: Minimum altitude for original map patches increased from 30.0 to 50.0 meters.
* Map Generator: Made forest soil algorithm selectable for original map modifications too.
* Statistics: Added 2nd pie chart to display trending maps (data of last 7 days). Added 'user map' slices to both charts.
* Dashboard: In job list, 'Time added' will show local user time instead of server time.
* Downloads: Added note about minimap uninstallation. Minor text/instructions edits.
* General: Increased max. daily jobs for Free User with trusted Steam status to 5 and for Supporters to 20.

MasterChief
True Believer

Post by MasterChief » 22 Apr 2017, 12:44

awesome, many thanks,
this tool inspired a lot of servers to comeback in the last months

Return to Game mods