Lands of Lords

Why this game is better than any other.

Hoshiqua
Alpha Tester

Lands of Lords

Post by Hoshiqua » 05 Apr 2017, 17:53

Hi there !
I do not know if this game was already introduced on these forums, but I doubt it so I'll go anyway.

Lands of lords is a web browser-based game in which you play as a lord or lady in a fictional no-fantasy medieval world.

Here's the link if you want to take a look while I explain : https://www.landsoflords.com/

The game revolves around each lord / lady owning one or more domain (plot of land) which can have vassal domains, which can have vassals themselves.. and developping that domain, as well as conduct politics and diplomacy with the world.

That's right ! The world where the domains are is a fully open world. There is no "village" or "world map" screen : everything is on the same screen and you can zoom / dezoom to see more / less of the world. That also means you have great freedom in how you build and manage your cities, wage wars...

The game is very rewarding, but also very punishing. Everything depends on politics, and diplomacy, as well as warfare sometimes. It is an extremely fullfiling experience at times, and even tho managing your domains can become a grind if you make them too big (altough the game does help you with that), you can find amusement in the many possibilities you have to shake and mark the world.

A big part of the game of course is managing your lands. There are quite deep mechanics for construction, resource extraction, industry and other actions like religion related actions, troop training..
The game started last october so the world's great powers have already risen, some fell, others are rising. But much like planting a tree, the best time to start is now !

However, it is a very complicated game, and the tutorial is not very well made. As such, if you are looking for a group to join directly, I can offer you a place among the lords and ladies of the "Adareldan Coalition", a fallen lordship which became a confederation of many minor lords and ladies banded together to protect eachother and gain influence.

We will be able to guide you in your first steps in the game, and way beyond. We also have many lord-less domains to give where most of the early game work and waiting is done.

If you are interested, I invite you to join this Discord : https://discord.gg/88fXsC5
See you in game, I hope !

Roelen

Re: Lands of Lords

Post by Roelen » 06 Apr 2017, 02:27

Oh wow, thanks for this - I think I just found my new favorite browser game. Dagfinn of House Sechlainn, Master of Coilgleann here.

Return to Off Topic