Question regarding F2P Model

General discussion about Life is Feudal MMO and Life is Feudal: Your Own, The main section and backbone of the forums.
Rikkarth

Question regarding F2P Model

Post by Rikkarth » 26 Sep 2018, 23:03

@Administrators,

Been playing this game since the start, still here - and now with yet another question.

Context:
There was a hint from Bobik in the last A.M.A. that adopting the F2P model could be a possibility in the future of LIF. I've had several questions about the meaning of potencialy adopting such a system in LIF since then.

The question:
Is adopting a F2P model something being actually considered? And if yes, is there any idea of when such model would be implemented?

What does it mean for LIF to be a F2P game?
  • Are the players that have been supporting the game from the start getting any beneficts?
  • Assuming the subscription model will remain, will there be serious practical disavantadges between a regular account and a subscriber account?
  • How will the concept of the game be affected?
  • What are the downsides and upsides of adopting such a model in LIF in your point of view?

Thanks in advance for your time and avaliability,

Sunleader

Re: Question regarding F2P Model

Post by Sunleader » 27 Sep 2018, 03:37

Rikkarth wrote:@Administrators,

Been playing this game since the start, still here - and now with yet another question.

Context:
There was a hint from Bobik in the last A.M.A. that adopting the F2P model could be a possibility in the future of LIF. I've had several questions about the meaning of potencialy adopting such a system in LIF since then.

The question:
Is adopting a F2P model something being actually considered? And if yes, is there any idea of when such model would be implemented?

What does it mean for LIF to be a F2P game?
  • Are the players that have been supporting the game from the start getting any beneficts?
  • Assuming the subscription model will remain, will there be serious practical disavantadges between a regular account and a subscriber account?
  • How will the concept of the game be affected?
  • What are the downsides and upsides of adopting such a model in LIF in your point of view?

Thanks in advance for your time and avaliability,

I would Second this Question actually.
I would actually Support and F2P Model. Albeit I would wait till we got a bit more Content. I think we should at least have Natives and NPCs in the Central City. So the Players coming to the Game actually got something to keep themselves Occupied while Devs work on further stuff.

I hope Bobik didnt mean the Free Access to Newbe Island :P
That would be Free Trial not Free to Play.

I would also Second the Question on what System the Devs are potentially considering here.
In light of how the Game currently works.
The Least Invasive System would be to Give out 1 Free Mainland Ticket for the First time you Complete the Newbe Island Questline.

This would mean everyone can get 1 Free Ticket. Thus the System of Buying Characters staying mostly intact and previous Game Buyers not losing worth of their Account.

Other Systems would likely require a Rethink of how the Model worked. And some might come with alot of Critics from the older Players.

A Subscription System for example which emphasizes a Subscription instead of requiring an Up front Payment for a Character to the Main World. Could Work. But alot of the older Players would feel Cheated because now they need to buy Subscriptions to play the Game.
Or the older Players would need to get a Lifetime Pass by Default.

Arrakis

Re: Question regarding F2P Model

Post by Arrakis » 27 Sep 2018, 14:42

At the moment we cannot share any specific info on how will that model work exactly, as we are still working on the details. Although as you surely well know, the original idea was to unlock free access to newbie island in order for players to test the game, its mechanics and features before actual purchase. Anyway, we surely will, of course, keep the early supporters in mind. As for the matter of possible disadvantages, we want you to remember that our goal is to keep the game fair and fun for everybody. ;)

Return to General Discussion