Question regarding population

General discussion about Life is Feudal MMO and Life is Feudal: Your Own, The main section and backbone of the forums.
Rikkarth

Question regarding population

Post by Rikkarth » 26 Sep 2018, 22:12

@Administrators,

Been playing this game since the start, still here - and now with a question.

As you may have noticed our beloved LIF:MMO has had its population decreased in a rather steady way. My question and concern is backed by a deep investment into the game - emotionally and practically since I'm not only a consumer but also a fan of the game.

While I know a FP2 model may be implemented, in order to contradict this trend, my question leans more into the fundamental ideology and concept the game as a whole.

The question:
Is there any plans, features, core ideologies or fundamental concept of the game changing in LIF in the near future in order to contradict the ever growing population decline?

Is this issue being addressed at all? And how? What are your thoughts and plans?

Thanks in advance for your time and avaliability,

Arrakis

Re: Question regarding population

Post by Arrakis » 27 Sep 2018, 16:20

New features, yes. We are working on implementing new interesting content into the game, such as the announced Natives, which will fill the void of the missing PvE content.

Dingera

Post by Dingera » 28 Sep 2018, 12:05

But having natives and PVE content contradicts the foundation of this game. That is the players fully make and govern the world and its histories. I think you guys should launch an advertising campaign. I forget where I even heard of this game back in January, but I do know that there weren't any "in your face" advertisements to draw me in. I literally stumbled across it and thought it was cool.

Instead of making PVE content to distract people, how about making the game more manageable for Solo players. for instance, make solo claims not cost copper. Many people entering the game have no idea how to obtain copper or use a trade depot. They build on day 1, then get wrecked on day two because they have no idea how to claim land.

You could argue that there are many tutorial videos out there, and the in-game tutorial is adequate for many things, but it is not the responsibility of the community to teach people how to play the game, it is the creators'.

In its current state, the game is very enjoyable and playable for those who have been around for a while, but it is far from new player friendly

Cosimo
Zealous Believer

Post by Cosimo » 17 Oct 2018, 22:01

Void? More than void the none existence of PVE. Our allies just left the game as they lost interest and we followed suite, the weekly patch releases are thinner than some notepad document I write (last one was around 9 mb….)

Sorry I am loosing faith.

Apostol_raul2006

Post by Apostol_raul2006 » 21 Oct 2018, 13:10

Vote for no PVP on Epleland again , now whine!

Xsarec

Post by Xsarec » 28 Oct 2018, 18:11

I am hearing a lot of excitement over the new 4x fresh start map. So many old players that have not leveled like the idea of coming back to a map that everyone is equal on again. Seems like a good move to get fresh players in the game as well.

I myself will start a fresh character for this, I am also glad to see they are moving the old maps over to the new server system so those players still have a place for their developed characters.
Xsarec Rothgar - www.encursion.com

Return to General Discussion