Development News #82 - The State of Development/Fixing

What are we currently working on.
Arrakis

Development News #82 - The State of Development/Fixing

Post by Arrakis » 15 Dec 2017, 17:02

We would like to update you on the current state of development as is it looks from our point of view.

We are currently working on a broad range of fixes, dealing with many aspects of the game. The heavier player load and the overall increase in traffic playing the game simultaneously have uncovered a lot of issues that had remained hidden during the CBT stages. Approximately 90% of our development team is dedicated to fixing the issues that have been discovered. One of the most serious issues we are working on - is the dreaded crossing of server node borders and the losses this has inflicted mostly on Horses and Trader Carts.

We are truly sorry that we were unable to discover and fix these issues before OBT. We thank you for your patience, understanding, support and that you have kept your faith in us!

On the topic of Judgment Hour. During our previous Judgement Hour test, we received some bug reports about several of the key mechanics, especially how vassals of kingdoms are flagged and treated that are in a state of war. We are working on the fixes for these issues, but do not consider them to be game-breaking. Thus we’ve decided that the JH schedule will not be changed for now.

You can expect JH on Avalon and Buyan this Saturday and the following Saturdays to be at the same time as it was last Saturday.

European World, Avalon - 19:00 UTC / 22:00 MSK
    North American World, Buyan - 7:00 pm PST / 10:00 pm EST

Last but not the least, we wanted to share this online newspaper that has been created by our fans:
https://www.feudal-times.com/ It might be a little biased (or not :) ), but still is a good read indeed and we really hope you’ll like it!

Stay tuned!

— The team

Khan-
Zealous Believer

Re: Development News #82 - The State of Development/Fixing

Post by Khan- » 15 Dec 2017, 17:04

Disponible en Français : sur Lifeisfeudal-fr.com

:D
Last edited by Khan- on 15 Dec 2017, 17:18, edited 1 time in total.
100% French speaking alliance of Royaume Franc : http://lifeisfeudal-fr.com/
Les Témoins de Mérovée Site - Forum - Me contacter

Saar
Zealous Believer

Post by Saar » 15 Dec 2017, 17:04

Traduction disponible sur LifeIsFeudal.fr
Last edited by Saar on 15 Dec 2017, 17:47, edited 3 times in total.

Ombror

Post by Ombror » 15 Dec 2017, 17:11

i know it seems utopic from me, but can't we wait for a stable and lag free game before beginning JH ???

We can't even play, terraform or else, server 38 is always down, we've got so much lag, roll back and so on (i almost got killed by a rabbit this morning), pvp is just impossible !

Bodil
Devoted Believer

Post by Bodil » 15 Dec 2017, 17:20

Please consider extended JH to 2 or 3 hours instead of just one.

With the amount of lag and constant crashing, you can't get shit done in 1 hour.

HolyAvengerOne

Post by HolyAvengerOne » 15 Dec 2017, 17:26

Arrakis wrote:We are truly sorry that we were unable to discover and fix these issues before OBT. We thank you for your patience, understanding, support and that you have kept your faith in us!

Yw! No problem at all, and thank you for the continued hard work :)
Lord Fyrr Deerd'an | Pope of Riftwood, a division of Lux Astra Sanctorum [LAST] | Buyan (NA-E)

Dresden_Vakri
Devoted Believer

Post by Dresden_Vakri » 15 Dec 2017, 17:49

I know it is a small issue, but could you refrain from posting

European Worlds - 19:00 UTC

And just say Avalon - 19:00 UTC

You are creating confusion with players on Epleland that don't understand that you don't mean them.

Thanks

Best4Gamers
Devoted Believer

Post by Best4Gamers » 15 Dec 2017, 18:01

:evil:
Best4Gamers

Erza
Beta Tester

Post by Erza » 16 Dec 2017, 09:46

Any eta on people completely left out by permanent "X MB left at 0kb/s". Basically unable to download and play at all. It happened to me few days ago on my new computer. 2 patches back and Windows 10 update. I had to pull out my dinosaur old slow computer to be able to get in at all. My new computer that I got to play this game is stuck in launcher at 0kb/s no matter what I do. Sent in all supporting files and logs btw. Don't understand why this is not even mentioned. Its directly keeping money from you guys.

Manron

Post by Manron » 16 Dec 2017, 11:28

Arrakis wrote:Last but not the least, we wanted to share this online newspaper that has been created by our fans:
It might be a little biased (or not :) ), but still is a good read indeed and we really hope you’ll like it!

Stay tuned!

— The team

Oh, well, i would appreciate if you would not participate in spreading fake propaganda. You should know from your log files that things didnt quite happen as depicted in there.

I dont mind if some guild or alliance wants to have their own propaganda newspaper for recruiting purposes, and it is very well made, i agree. But featuring it in an official dev blog, giving it some sort of official approval, is to my eyes a tad bit more than 'a little biased'

(disclaimer: i would have posted this on my main account, but i still cant log on to the forums with steam.)

SerMedieval
True Believer

Post by SerMedieval » 17 Dec 2017, 18:00

Can't stop won't stop supporting Life is Feudal!!!

HolyAvengerOne

Post by HolyAvengerOne » 18 Dec 2017, 00:01

SerMedieval wrote:Can't stop won't stop supporting Life is Feudal!!!

I suspect most people here (I know I do) have said that at some point in time before, for another game. Have you?

If we're here, is that we've most likely moved on from that other game we said that of/for. Why do you think its different about/for this one that will make it true this time?
Lord Fyrr Deerd'an | Pope of Riftwood, a division of Lux Astra Sanctorum [LAST] | Buyan (NA-E)

Return to Development News