[MOD] REQUEST - Mining - Locked Node

Place for sharing your game modifications for Life is Feudal: Your Own

Gand

[MOD] REQUEST - Mining - Locked Node

Post by Gand » 16 Feb 2015, 01:06

Hello! Is there a mod out there to lock a mining node so that people can mine it to raise their Mining, but not take the node away? This is so that Mining can be restricted, but still able to level it. Thanks in advance for any help!

RudgerWolvram

Re: [MOD] REQUEST - Mining - Locked Node

Post by RudgerWolvram » 16 Feb 2015, 21:56

I've not dug into it (no pun intended) but it may be possible with some .cs hackery. You'll need a new database table to keep track of the nodes, a new GM command to add nodes to the table (optional but for ease of use) and a torque script.

The idea being that when the node is processed after someone mines it, it's % mined goes down. The CS hackery would be finding a way to restore it back to 100% after the node is processed in mining. The extra table (and optional custom GM command for flagging them) can be used to flag the node and the CS script would use that table to determine which nodes should not drop below 100% "durability", leaving all other nodes with the ability to be mined out, e.g. able to actually dig down to the iron deposit.

Gand

Re: [MOD] REQUEST - Mining - Locked Node

Post by Gand » 16 Feb 2015, 21:59

RudgerWolvram wrote:I've not dug into it (no pun intended) but it may be possible with some .cs hackery. You'll need a new database table to keep track of the nodes, a new GM command to add nodes to the table (optional but for ease of use) and a torque script.

The idea being that when the node is processed after someone mines it, it's % mined goes down. The CS hackery would be finding a way to restore it back to 100% after the node is processed in mining. The extra table (and optional custom GM command for flagging them) can be used to flag the node and the CS script would use that table to determine which nodes should not drop below 100% "durability", leaving all other nodes with the ability to be mined out, e.g. able to actually dig down to the iron deposit.

That is great information. Thank you.

Return to Game mods