#roll_back_the_changes

General discussion about Life is Feudal MMO and Life is Feudal: Your Own, The main section and backbone of the forums.

Hit_the_boten

#roll_back_the_changes

Post by Hit_the_boten » 27 Jan 2018, 13:24

#roll_back_the_changes

we want the old afk gathering back.....stop trying to fix what is already working

Monco

Re: #roll_back_the_changes

Post by Monco » 27 Jan 2018, 17:45

Hit_the_boten wrote:#roll_back_the_changes

Omeidano

Post by Omeidano » 27 Jan 2018, 19:10

#roll_back_the_changes

Spckash

Post by Spckash » 28 Jan 2018, 00:33

Who is "we"?

Because "We" don't want the changes rolled back. Anything to break the monotony of the loading bars is a welcome change.

Hit_the_boten

Post by Hit_the_boten » 30 Jan 2018, 03:05

Akimangelini wrote:
Hit_the_boten wrote:#roll_back_the_changes

Hit_the_boten

Post by Hit_the_boten » 30 Jan 2018, 03:19

Spckash wrote:Who is "we"?

Because "We" don't want the changes rolled back. Anything to break the monotony of the loading bars is a welcome change.

You can go break the monotony all alone while living in your basement wasting your time. "WE" do not want to waste our precious time with activities supposed to be afk.

Nate884

Post by Nate884 » 30 Jan 2018, 15:20

I do not believe any part of this game was ever intended to be played afk, those are simply exploits of a system in progress that we probably all used to maintain sanity.

Due to the monotony of gathering some resources, we all couldn't help from starting the process and leaving to do something else, but I think this is an excellent fix and adds life to the game.

As any change they make to the game, there will probably be some balancing and fixing to find the best end result. But overall, I find it to be a welcome improvement that adds life to the tasks, and helps randomize quality and thus makes the high tier items more rare and thus more valuable, and makes the low-mid grade items more viable for longer.

With some balancing, it will also make some late tier skills like good armorsmiths and tailors and such harder to come by and more valuable for a guild to retain, which again will make lower quality and tier items more viable for longer, instead of everything but the best items being completely worthless and a player able to max himself out in a relatively short time in what is meant to be a long term game.

Just my two cents, but we all have our own viewpoint :beer:

Hodo

Post by Hodo » 30 Jan 2018, 15:29

At first I did not like the new system, but I knew it needed a tweak in the yields from each gather. And they did just that. Now it is actually pretty good. I dont mind it at all.

It doesnt degrade the quality of the tiles, it makes it a WHOLE lot easier to find food as a noob traveling, so you wont starve to death before you get anywhere. AND it makes getting farming materials a ton easier.

Now there are some drawbacks, like you cant just afk do it any more... well let me get a whaamublance for those who are upset by this. Sorry but Herbalist have been forced to do this for ages, now you have to do it too.

I am a tailor, archer, bowcrafter, carpenter on one character, and trust me it slows me down a little bit... but not enough to really hurt my play style. And on my second character who is a farmer, cook, builder, it has had NO effect on that one... if anything made my life easier, cause now I can actually get things I want instead of things I dont need, like cabbages, or peas.
Don't build what you can't defend- Rule number 1.

Nate884

Post by Nate884 » 01 Feb 2018, 00:10

Darkelfwine wrote:
Hodo wrote:At first I did not like the new system, but I knew it needed a tweak in the yields from each gather. And they did just that. Now it is actually pretty good. I dont mind it at all.

It doesnt degrade the quality of the tiles, it makes it a WHOLE lot easier to find food as a noob traveling, so you wont starve to death before you get anywhere. AND it makes getting farming materials a ton easier.

Now there are some drawbacks, like you cant just afk do it any more... well let me get a whaamublance for those who are upset by this. Sorry but Herbalist have been forced to do this for ages, now you have to do it too.

I am a tailor, archer, bowcrafter, carpenter on one character, and trust me it slows me down a little bit... but not enough to really hurt my play style. And on my second character who is a farmer, cook, builder, it has had NO effect on that one... if anything made my life easier, cause now I can actually get things I want instead of things I dont need, like cabbages, or peas.

I like the new changes but it is hard to get 1 quality taproots to train pigs :D

Ah yes, that would be a very welcome fix: Animal lore.

I would love to see some more activity and options for taming. I do like that they made specific food for each animal, instead of the old 'grab a bunch of apples and tame everything that moves'. But it would be neat if they tweaked the way you tame and the experience gained from it so at the beginning one does not need 200 1q taproots and shove them in a boars mouth until you suddenly learn to sew cloths, hehe.

Maybe like a longer taming animation, and greater skill each time, so that it takes just as long, but not in a point and click way... I don't know, I'm sure they'll think of something

HolyAvengerOne

Post by HolyAvengerOne » 01 Feb 2018, 01:31

Don't want that back.
Lord Fyrr Deerd'an | Pope of Riftwood, a division of Lux Astra Sanctorum [LAST] | Buyan (NA-E)

Spckash

Post by Spckash » 01 Feb 2018, 03:52

Hit_the_boten wrote:
Spckash wrote:Who is "we"?

You can go break the monotony all alone while living in your basement wasting your time. "WE" do not want to waste our precious time with activities supposed to be afk.

Thank you for that. Seems you don't to play a game, you want to run an IDLE game. There's plenty of those on the market, and a great deal of them are free to play.

Crafting is a great majority of the game, resource collection included. If you don't want to PLAY the game, you're welcome to go elsewhere. I promise you'll not be missed.

The changes are positive ones. From conception the game has been intended to have active systems in play for crafting. AFKing skills is currently a placeholder. I've got bad news for you buddy, theres going to be less passive loading bars going forwards, and more active mini-games as development continues.

So for YOU, things will only be getting worse. For the rest of us, WE will be getting more engaging activities.

Ricardo.botes

Post by Ricardo.botes » 01 Feb 2018, 11:20

#roll_back_the_changes

Thygar123
Zealous Believer

Post by Thygar123 » 01 Feb 2018, 11:21

#roll_back_the_changes

Azzak
True Believer

Post by Azzak » 01 Feb 2018, 15:05

I prefer the new system, keep it.

Ghofmann2

Post by Ghofmann2 » 01 Feb 2018, 15:37

New system is much better, but obviously tweaks are needed to numbers.

Hit_the_boten

Post by Hit_the_boten » 02 Feb 2018, 03:33

#roll_back_the_changes

Lilarna
Zealous Believer

Post by Lilarna » 02 Feb 2018, 10:37

#roll_back_the_changes

Arrakis

Post by Arrakis » 02 Feb 2018, 11:51

While we welcome constructive criticism and feedback from you folks, we won't be very tolerant about spam such as "#roll_back_the_changes".

If this spam continues, the thread will be locked. Feel free to express your concerns, but please refrain from spamming like that.

Monco

Post by Monco » 02 Feb 2018, 15:07

I posted roll back the changes when each material used to give you only 1 thing (you find plant fiber it gave you 1, same for sling ammo...), now that it changed i feel like it's ok.

Hit_the_boten

Post by Hit_the_boten » 01 Sep 2018, 14:11

been away from the game for sometime, did they fix the stuff yet ?

Sunleader

Post by Sunleader » 01 Sep 2018, 15:00

Hit_the_boten wrote:been away from the game for sometime, did they fix the stuff yet ?

If you want to Demand AFK Gaming again stay away.
They Reduced AFK Actions even further and will likely Continue in this Direction.

This aint an Idle Game on a Smartphone. :)

Asimov

Post by Asimov » 07 Sep 2018, 15:49

Hit_the_boten wrote:been away from the game for sometime, did they fix the stuff yet ?

You only fix something if its broken

Return to General Discussion