SandBox mmos! What keeps you playing them?

Why this game is better than any other.

Imperius
Alpha Tester

Post by Imperius » 07 Dec 2012, 14:11

http://www.nerfbat.com/2012/06/22/mmo-rant-16/

Here is a blog i read this morning, it may seem kinda negative at the start of it but it has alot of truth to it in my opinion.

What do you think?

Are you a sheep or a wolf?

My self i like to train sheep to become wolves!, watching a harmless newbie kill that greifer that's been robbing him the last week is a awesome sight

Dragon Scales
Alpha Tester

Post by Dragon Scales » 07 Dec 2012, 16:30

Right on man, Goonswarm logic, hire as many newbies as you can, cause won't be too long before they're at that average/pro gamer level :P . Then not only do you have numbers advantage, but skill advantage XD

Scully

Re: SandBox mmos! What keeps you playing them?

Post by Scully » 11 Aug 2013, 21:48

Nothing sadly. Yet to play an MMO with a worthy combat system. Seeing as that's what you'll be doing most of the time, even though some MMOs advert other features, combat is still at the core and none have managed to get it right.

If ping and server load is a problem for making say a combat system like in Mount & Blade, I honestly think they should make it a hybrid MMO: Make a world map, instead of a large continuous world, and populate the map with multiple servers. And of course allow travel between the servers.

Return to Off Topic