Server on your own computer?

Discussions and advertising of dedicated, private servers made by players, for players
Avaloz
True Believer

Server on your own computer?

Post by Avaloz » 30 Dec 2016, 23:51

I opened ports on your router and i want to run serwer on my PC (with cm_yo_server.exe). But this work only when they connect directly throug my IP. Additionally i have to be in game for server running.
(Server isn't on list.)

Anyone know solution or any program which can help me just run serwer on my own PC?

What are you using for edit scripts? I tried Notpad++

I asked a question in my communicty but there isn't any awser.
w-asny-serwer-t22085/

Hieve

Re: Server on your own computer?

Post by Hieve » 03 Jan 2017, 15:25

Avaloz wrote:I opened ports on your router and i want to run serwer on my PC (with cm_yo_server.exe). But this work only when they connect directly throug my IP. Additionally i have to be in game for server running.
(Server isn't on list.)

Anyone know solution or any program which can help me just run serwer on my own PC?

What are you using for edit scripts? I tried Notpad++

I asked a question in my communicty but there isn't any awser.
w-asny-serwer-t22085/

There is a Option to show the Server on the list(it may be needed to open a different port also to allows this)
Normally Port Forwarding should do the job
There are some big Cons when you host a server on your PC and at your home connection
1. Lag - This comes from various Sources(How much players?How is your internet connection - server need alot (i wouldn't start under 50mb up/down, but this depends on how many playery you want to have)
2. Your Connection will be throttled in some kind of way and it can happen that it may be attacked also (banned players from server can be hateful sometimes)
3. If you do something on your pc(browsing or other stuff) people may get this directly to feel at the server's latency

Notepad++ is always a good choice for editing configs and show (small) log files, you can also do scripts and some small changes in program code in there, there may be some extension out there for your language of choice, which makes things alot easier

Avaloz
True Believer

Re: Server on your own computer?

Post by Avaloz » 05 Jan 2017, 08:08

Hieve wrote:
There is a Option to show the Server on the list(it may be needed to open a different port also to allows this)
Normally Port Forwarding should do the job
There are some big Cons when you host a server on your PC and at your home connection
1. Lag - This comes from various Sources(How much players?How is your internet connection - server need alot (i wouldn't start under 50mb up/down, but this depends on how many playery you want to have)
2. Your Connection will be throttled in some kind of way and it can happen that it may be attacked also (banned players from server can be hateful sometimes)
3. If you do something on your pc(browsing or other stuff) people may get this directly to feel at the server's latency

Notepad++ is always a good choice for editing configs and show (small) log files, you can also do scripts and some small changes in program code in there, there may be some extension out there for your language of choice, which makes things alot easier

Thanks man. I used http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =316928535 and some of youtube.
My problem were errors with SQL. I had only upload again. Just like you said "Normally Port Forwarding should do the job"

My connection is 300mb/s :D I started serwer for 64 players.

You said about changes in program code. Where i can add some lines of text to get:
- communicate on serwer (link for forum)
- location for spawn for new players
- starting stats and skills
- some helpfull items on start

Return to Private Servers