Short Beta test run started!

Everything you need to know about what’s happening in Life is Feudal.
Arrakis

Re: Short Beta test run started!

Post by Arrakis » 29 Oct 2016, 19:56

Vitorlmf wrote:Hi,

I´m selected for beta Test, but i don´t received any e-mails with codes for beta.
What i do? Please Help me, or send me a new w-mail.
member/Vitorlmf/

TKS

You should have access to the game regardless. Check this forum and download the client - alpha-beta-testing-forums/

Bulnamja

Post by Bulnamja » 30 Oct 2016, 00:36

Where do you DL the DLer?

Kaidu
True Believer

Post by Kaidu » 30 Oct 2016, 05:16

It looks like I didn't get into this beta run :(

Yalokcin
Zealous Believer

Post by Yalokcin » 30 Oct 2016, 12:47

Hello everybody!

I keep asking questions about strangeness selection for this and the previous waves of tests. I have enough of "only" 1,500 hours in the game, many people have so much more.

However. What can test those players who have less than 1000 hours, and those who with less than 500?

What do they know about this game?

I saw their videos in YouTube, where they excitedly tell us (!), How to take the tools in the hands ... very sad to see it and wait for these testers find bugs is really necessary in my favorite game!

Random? Ok, it's fine to give everyone an equal chance, but all will be better if the game will run faster.

Another question. Now on Sunday evening and I see total 79 players on the test servers. Is it full online? What goals you have for the test? Can add players from really knowing the game, at least for the amount?

Sharana
Beta Tester

Post by Sharana » 30 Oct 2016, 13:07

Yalokcin wrote:Hello everybody!

I keep asking questions about strangeness selection for this and the previous waves of tests. I have enough of "only" 1,500 hours in the game, many people have so much more.

However. What can test those players who have less than 1000 hours, and those who with less than 500?

What do they know about this game?

I saw their videos in YouTube, where they excitedly tell us (!), How to take the tools in the hands ... very sad to see it and wait for these testers find bugs is really necessary in my favorite game!

Random? Ok, it's fine to give everyone an equal chance, but all will be better if the game will run faster.

Another question. Now on Sunday evening and I see total 79 players on the test servers. Is it full online? What goals you have for the test? Can add players from really knowing the game, at least for the amount?

From ~500 players who have access having online 70-80 with peaks of 100+ is pretty damn normal. It's so unreal to expect 100% online - that will never happen, testers (from different timezones) won't live there 24/7.

The goals are general condition and the new guild mechanics. There are few guilds who made villages and test that stuff. The solo players can't really help with that. But it was promised that everyone will have a chance to get in (get beta access, not just this mini wave), so there was a random pick.
Besides it doesn't matter how many hours you have, with 400 skillcap and about x1 LiF:YO speed progression you won't check much without a guild for few days. And if you are in a guild it doesn't matter if you have 200 or 2000 hours.

Yalokcin
Zealous Believer

Post by Yalokcin » 30 Oct 2016, 14:41

Sharana wrote:From ~500 players who have access having online 70-80 with peaks of 100+ is pretty damn normal. It's so unreal to expect 100% online - that will never happen, testers (from different timezones) won't live there 24/7.

The goals are general condition and the new guild mechanics. There are few guilds who made villages and test that stuff. The solo players can't really help with that. But it was promised that everyone will have a chance to get in (get beta access, not just this mini wave), so there was a random pick.
Besides it doesn't matter how many hours you have, with 400 skillcap and about x1 LiF:YO speed progression you won't check much without a guild for few days. And if you are in a guild it doesn't matter if you have 200 or 2000 hours.

I have a guild of 40+ people, we are tired to run on different servers in anticipation of launching an MMO, I think, like many other guilds here.

This is not true. If a player does not know the mechanics of the game, then all the test he will spend on learning. Instead of finding errors and debugging mechanics.

Moreover, to test the mechanics of the guilds, the guild must be taken, rather than casual players. IMHO

Yalokcin
Zealous Believer

Post by Yalokcin » 30 Oct 2016, 14:50

I do not want to dispute, Sharana. Especially because you have to participate in the beta test, and not to answer me here. It's just a view from the outside, that is not indifferent.

Sharana
Beta Tester

Post by Sharana » 30 Oct 2016, 16:13

I know how it can look from outside, I told you how it's really like atm. I have my fair share of YO hours (1000 last time I checked), but the MMO is 400 cap with about x1 YO speed (it's x10 for now, so MMO will be 10x slower then LiF's x1). What exactly do you expect to test?
Im in a guild of about 50 players on that wave (our alliance, not just vanirs), we've made a village and test the new guild system + daily work + building a village. Were able to harvest the first crop fields today.

If I was alone I can't imagine what would I be able to test except running around and doing primitive stuff. And when you are in a guild - well it's not like the players who got in have 100h in LiF and don't know what to do at all. And you definitely don't need 1000+ hours to help out, it's the daily LiF life. Im the main blacksmith here, but I don't mine, don't prepare charcoal, don't collect wood, don't look for seeds, don't hunt for animals etc etc. All of this support tasks take most of the time overall and you don't need 1000+ hours to do them.

Yalokcin
Zealous Believer

Post by Yalokcin » 30 Oct 2016, 16:40

Sharana wrote:I know how it can look from outside, I told you how it's really like atm. I have my fair share of YO hours (1000 last time I checked), but the MMO is 400 cap with about x1 YO speed (it's x10 for now, so MMO will be 10x slower then LiF's x1). What exactly do you expect to test?
Im in a guild of about 50 players on that wave (our alliance, not just vanirs), we've made a village and test the new guild system + daily work + building a village. Were able to harvest the first crop fields today.

If I was alone I can't imagine what would I be able to test except running around and doing primitive stuff. And when you are in a guild - well it's not like the players who got in have 100h in LiF and don't know what to do at all. And you definitely don't need 1000+ hours to help out, it's the daily LiF life. Im the main blacksmith here, but I don't mine, don't prepare charcoal, don't collect wood, don't look for seeds, don't hunt for animals etc etc. All of this support tasks take most of the time overall and you don't need 1000+ hours to do them.

Tnx, now I know the truth about the random selection of players on this wave, since your alliance got 50 seats, it is easy to calculate the probability of it))

Sharana
Beta Tester

Post by Sharana » 30 Oct 2016, 16:51

Yalokcin wrote:...

The developers are russians and the russian alliance didn't get more then like 30 slots combined, even their leader didn't get in. So you can speculate all you want, but nearly 20 were in during wave 0, were not picked now...

ThorneRazeri
Beta Tester

Post by ThorneRazeri » 30 Oct 2016, 17:07

Sharana wrote:

The developers are russians and the russian alliance didn't get more then like 30 slots combined, even their leader didn't get in. So you can speculate all you want, but nearly 20 were in during wave 0, were not picked now...

Wessex had 2 members get in. Unfortunately one of those member had something come up and has no time to log in this weekend.

There is no funny business going on, and as Sharana said, the play is very similar to LIF-YO. It really is about testing. I've submitted 7 so far, and found a few others that I was not able to reproduce. Nothing major that effects play.

I can say that one thing I discovered is that structures outside of a guild claim lose just over 2,000 points durability a real life day. So if folks are planning on going off on their own, they will find a lot of time spent on making repair kits and given the skill requirements to make those its unlikely players will be able to play effectively on their own.

Troy0832
Beta Tester

Post by Troy0832 » 30 Oct 2016, 17:11

ThorneRazeri wrote:
Sharana wrote:

Wessex had 2 members get in. Unfortunately one of those member had something come up and has no time to log in this weekend.

There is no funny business going on, and as Sharana said, the play is very similar to LIF-YO. It really is about testing. I've submitted 7 so far, and found a few others that I was not able to reproduce. Nothing major that effects play.

I can say that one thing I discovered is that structures outside of a guild claim lose just over 2,000 points durability a real life day. So if folks are planning on going off on their own, they will find a lot of time spent on making repair kits and given the skill requirements to make those its unlikely players will be able to play effectively on their own.

Untill personal claims are developed this is definitely the case. Even building them can be issue @ current decay rate without claim as I had one shack disappear as I was collecting resources lol. So I decided to being I wasn't in a guild and on my own test other mechanics of the MMO to see if any issues arise and report. Wasn't able to reproduce my WASD keys not registering in client haha.

Wookiee420
True Believer

Post by Wookiee420 » 30 Oct 2016, 18:25

i really like that you guys are finding so few substantial bugs. it sounds promising!

Dacote22

Post by Dacote22 » 30 Oct 2016, 19:35

seems to have a lot of jalous people because they havent get acces. lol

MagnarTW

Post by MagnarTW » 30 Oct 2016, 20:58

making a post to see if my name is blue....

edit: aaanndd its not :P

Crimson_Fires

Post by Crimson_Fires » 30 Oct 2016, 22:26

:)

Dedumo

Post by Dedumo » 06 Nov 2016, 18:23

Dacote22 wrote:seems to have a lot of jalous people because they havent get acces. lol

No there are a number of dedicated groups that want the game to succeed. Many of these players have 1k++ hours invested into the game and are waiting for a very long time now to gain access to the MMO. T hey want to do their part and be able to get the game up and running with their friends as well.

The frustrations lie in the fact that people are gaining access, who play for a few hours, and stop playing again, due to
a) There are no other people on there
b) skill cap to low and unable to build something up since there friends are not online to support
c) People sign up wanting jsut to check out the mmo.

As this is a beta test, and stress tests should be done. Imo the lottery system does not help build a foundation for proper testing.
Instead an appraoch should have been done to expand the existing group, by doing waht google did when they started gmail. That is allow the alpha testers to have 10 invites, who then give it to their friends who in return have 5 invites, who in return have 2 invites. That way you can have communities try and truely test the mechanics. right now there is no way in seeing if the game i holding on to stress tests or proper bug reporting.

In the end we all want a better game. the lottery is jsut the wrong way to go about it.

Popers
Beta Tester

Post by Popers » 06 Nov 2016, 22:34

Dedumo wrote:As this is a beta test, and stress tests should be done.

If you play LIF:YO so much you could use some of that time to read LiF forum...

Right now they are trying to make guild system work, and they want to try it next week. They have enough people right now to test it(they said they will probably invite some more anyway before next week). Stress test will be in wave#1 or 2. MMO right now isn't playable. Game is unstable, there are many bugs with new features and every progress you will make will be wiped before wave#1 anyway...

ThorneRazeri
Beta Tester

Post by ThorneRazeri » 07 Nov 2016, 16:50

Dedumo wrote:As this is a beta test, and stress tests should be done. Imo the lottery system does not help build a foundation for proper testing.
Instead an appraoch should have been done to expand the existing group, by doing waht google did when they started gmail. That is allow the alpha testers to have 10 invites, who then give it to their friends who in return have 5 invites, who in return have 2 invites. That way you can have communities try and truely test the mechanics. right now there is no way in seeing if the game i holding on to stress tests or proper bug reporting.

In the end we all want a better game. the lottery is jsut the wrong way to go about it.

I would be a fan of this approach. However, I think some of this is dictated by the publisher.

The true stress test will happen in wave #2. The last beta, and the one this weekend, are for testing new and existing features for game-breaking issues. I don't know if you knew this, but in wave #0 there was an issue with monuments where after it went up players were not able to use any of the items within the monuments claimed radius. That killed the wave off pretty fast. Fortunately I didn't put a monument up, so was able to continue testing/playing. During this last wave another alpha member I know was continuosly disconnected. He has opened up a ticket to investigate, but as he is a guild leader I am sure you can imagine how frustrating that was for him. In a wave #2 scenario, it would have almost been game breaking.

Bitbox doesn't want to open up the testing floodgates to have the same type of thing happen. How would you feel if you and your mates built something up, only to find out that anyone could come in and take what they wanted? Would kill you enthusiasm real quick, and rightly so.

Ideally when the MMO goes GA there will be another test server up where players could login and test new features before it rolls to the MMO GA servers. Right now that is the beta test servers

Return to News and Information