Shut up, and take my money!

General discussion about Life is Feudal MMO and Life is Feudal: Your Own, The main section and backbone of the forums.

Lithi

Shut up, and take my money!

Post by Lithi » 23 Dec 2013, 15:13

Is there still room for a donator to get in the early access? I'm really, REALLY looking forward to this game. I just don't really want to wait for how long it ever takes to get a public access. :sorry:

Arrakis

Re: Shut up, and take my money!

Post by Arrakis » 23 Dec 2013, 15:41

Mate! Quickly grab your money, read the info here: for-those-who-still-want-to-support-project-financially-t502/

And send it! Bobik will be very grateful! :good:

Lithi

Post by Lithi » 23 Dec 2013, 15:48

I'd just like to know how much would it cost (If there indeed is space) to get me playing? I read in some topic that a guy got in for 30 euros? I'm more than happy to do the same if that'll get me going! :Yahoo!:

Cian
Alpha Tester

Post by Cian » 23 Dec 2013, 17:29

The short answer is there is no set amount. If sombody got in for 30 Euros that would be news to be as I don't believe any Alpha invites have been sent out yet for the Top 100 donators.

Honestly, give what you feel your level of support for LIF is. Just be aware that only the Top 100 donators get the coveted Alpha slots.

Ultimately you must decide what your level of commitment to the success of LIF is.
Lord Cian Khan
Baron of Deephold,
Gul Khan of House of Khans
Great Khan of the Tribal lands

HOUSE OF KHANS
http://www.houseofkhans.com

HOK DISCORD
https://discord.gg/NRB3DR3

Lithi

Post by Lithi » 23 Dec 2013, 18:15

Cian wrote:The short answer is there is no set amount. If sombody got in for 30 Euros that would be news to be as I don't believe any Alpha invites have been sent out yet for the Top 100 donators.

Honestly, give what you feel your level of support for LIF is. Just be aware that only the Top 100 donators get the coveted Alpha slots.

Ultimately you must decide what your level of commitment to the success of LIF is.

Bobik wrote:In a current state of donation flow I can assure you, that there everyone who had donated will be in that top 100, because we are quite far away from 100 donations. If you want, I can personally guarantee you alpha and all later testing stages place if donation of something more then 30 Euro will happen.

> a-question-on-donations-t525/

Cian
Alpha Tester

Post by Cian » 23 Dec 2013, 19:49

Ah good catch. I missed that somehow. Well I still stand by my statement. Donate what you feel you can spare to the LIF team based on your support for the game.

I donated more than the minimum 30 euros because I wanted to give as much as my wife would let me without burying me in the back yard :)
Lord Cian Khan
Baron of Deephold,
Gul Khan of House of Khans
Great Khan of the Tribal lands

HOUSE OF KHANS
http://www.houseofkhans.com

HOK DISCORD
https://discord.gg/NRB3DR3

Lithi

Post by Lithi » 23 Dec 2013, 22:28

Cian wrote:Ah good catch. I missed that somehow. Well I still stand by my statement. Donate what you feel you can spare to the LIF team based on your support for the game.

I donated more than the minimum 30 euros because I wanted to give as much as my wife would let me without burying me in the back yard :)

Hahaha. Yeah, I see what'cha mean. I would be willing to go even higher, but Xmas has already taken its toll on my wallet. :fool:

If I just could get some kind of confirmation or a at least a comment from Bobik I'd be instantly going over to donate. I would also seriously consider donating even more next month when I get more money again. This game just.. IT just feels and seems like that one game you've been searching for some years now. Some similar ones have gone by, such as Wurm Online and Mortal Online, but both of 'em had something slightly off.
Also I love how (AFAIK) this game has gotten some influence from Ultima Online. :Yahoo!:

Lithi

Post by Lithi » 23 Dec 2013, 22:44

Also, on a side note, was just reading the FAQ -topic.

And it occurred to me, there was really one thing in Wurm Online that really stood out, it was the chat handling and GM / Mod/ What ever you wanna call em, their interactions with the chat. There was literally so much babysitting that you couldn't really talk about anything.

Is this game gonna have as annoying babysitting-system as well? Cause that'll definitely be a killer for me, if I can't chat freely the way i'm used to chat. Eg. maybe a little cursing here and there, maybe some general fooling around, maybe some sexual jokes like in Wurm we had "Rare led shaft and led balls", as in obvious reference to male genitalia... Which was killed 10 minutes later by an uptight GM... and later I quit the game because the chat was just horrible, there was no fun at all. The public ones anyway, the private chats (guild, etc.) weren't controlled, but still that small "rule" killed the game for me, just like that.

Any response to this? If the chat would be somewhat "free form" It would definitely be a good thing and the atmosphere wouldn't be so "Oh shit, GM / Mod's coming, better shut up", if you know what I mean.

~ lithi

Edit: To show my dedications as a player, in Mortal Online I came up with this little site: http://pelihuuma.fi/mo -
Which would've eventually been a wiki-site of sorts that would have the most up to date information about the game, contributed and up kept by its users (via voting system), too bad there just wasn't enough interested, as there were many sites like that, which of most were literal wiki-sites.

Bobik
Project Leader

Post by Bobik » 24 Dec 2013, 07:26

As about Wiki, we already have our own wiki and got an offer from one major games wiki hosting resource to host our wiki in exchange for some PR promotions and such.

As about baby sitting and such. We will definitely won't bother with such things, maybe will just ban for most outrageous spam/swearing events. But in general our chat should be as free as possible. So I believe we're on the same wave about that, unless you plan to talk $hit and only $hit and nothing else :)

Lithi

Post by Lithi » 24 Dec 2013, 11:29

Bobik wrote:As about Wiki, we already have our own wiki and got an offer from one major games wiki hosting resource to host our wiki in exchange for some PR promotions and such.

As about baby sitting and such. We will definitely won't bother with such things, maybe will just ban for most outrageous spam/swearing events. But in general our chat should be as free as possible. So I believe we're on the same wave about that, unless you plan to talk $hit and only $hit and nothing else :)

No no, that wasn't my intention. It was only to show my dedication, I got my hands full of web stuff anyway.

As for the chat, that sounds awesome and yes you understood me and what I was trying to say. :good:

Any comments on the early access / donating though?

Bobik
Project Leader

Post by Bobik » 24 Dec 2013, 14:55

Cian wrote:... Well I still stand by my statement. Donate what you feel you can spare to the LIF team based on your support for the game.

This.

Virdill
Alpha Tester

Post by Virdill » 26 Dec 2013, 09:44

Also I'm going to donate, when I return from holidays (5 January)
I will donate $ 55, how about indiegogo
I hope to get into alpha, but in any case I will be happy to help as can the guys who work on this fantastic project :beer:

OUT: To get the coordinates of payment i have to write to the email indicated?
Sorry for my bad English

Bobik
Project Leader

Post by Bobik » 26 Dec 2013, 11:23

Virdill wrote:Also I'm going to donate, when I return from holidays (5 January)
I will donate $ 55, how about indiegogo
I hope to get into alpha, but in any case I will be happy to help as can the guys who work on this fantastic project :beer:

OUT: To get the coordinates of payment i have to write to the email indicated?

Glad to hear that :)
that email is actually Paypal account name, so you just send money on that email/account.

Proximo
Alpha Tester

Post by Proximo » 01 Jan 2014, 00:13

Are the devs going to try and get greenlight on steam. DayZ made over 5mil in sales on day 1. People buy alot of games off steam even if there pre-alpha it seems.

I would recommend having a playable alpha before doing so though.

Arrakis

Post by Arrakis » 01 Jan 2014, 00:18

Yeah they are going to go on steam greenlight, it was mentioned multiple times. It will happen on closed/open alpha, or something, im not sure

Proximo
Alpha Tester

Post by Proximo » 01 Jan 2014, 00:19

Arrakis09 wrote:Yeah they are going to go on steam greenlight, it was mentioned multiple times. It will happen on closed/open alpha, or something, im not sure

Good because that's all the advertisement they need once they have a working game.

Arrakis

Post by Arrakis » 01 Jan 2014, 00:21

I suspect as much too, steam greenlight will bring a lot of people here, so it will be major hit really if everything will go as planned.

Virdill
Alpha Tester

Post by Virdill » 02 Jan 2014, 21:14

Finally I managed to make a donation, I hope is enough to enter the top 100, I just hope that this project will not fail like many others who have already supported, I have a lot of hope for LiF and for its success!!! :beer:
Sorry for my bad English

Murtag
Alpha Tester

Post by Murtag » 26 Jan 2014, 00:42

Must play game for me :)

Cant wait :D
//Murtag. Aka Murtag Bek , Nicklasa , Nick Trevez , Nick Guile , Night Angel

Telakh
Alpha Tester

Post by Telakh » 26 Jan 2014, 07:16

Murtag wrote:Must play game for me :)

Cant wait :D

ImageYou are entering    Time ParadoxImage

P0stpwned

Post by P0stpwned » 26 Jan 2014, 17:25

I'd love to donate to try to get my wife and I early access to this game, and help make sure it's a success. But I'm concerned that my donation will be in vain if nothing eventually comes of the project.

So I'm curious, is this game the devs' only project? Do they plan on making it a full-time job? Or is this just sort of a hobby of theirs that will still take years to even make it into beta?

Thokan
Alpha Tester

Post by Thokan » 27 Jan 2014, 12:47

P0stpwned wrote:I'd love to donate to try to get my wife and I early access to this game, and help make sure it's a success. But I'm concerned that my donation will be in vain if nothing eventually comes of the project.

So I'm curious, is this game the devs' only project? Do they plan on making it a full-time job? Or is this just sort of a hobby of theirs that will still take years to even make it into beta?

This is definitely not a hobby of theirs.

Antiblitz

Post by Antiblitz » 27 Jan 2014, 15:00

Just like any small group of developers, everything starts out as a hobby, just a bunch of dudes scraping something together. But the time of this has gone and past, i would say the development has hit a point beyond boyhood tinkering. If they are asking for funding support, making promises, and progress on development, i would say they seem serious about where their hearts lay in this project.

Straya

Post by Straya » 28 Jan 2014, 12:18

If i can get a 100% guarantee into the Alpha Beta or future beta's i will gladly donate $150+ tomorrow or in a couple of days , so can u confirm this bobik i would get in? :D

Dailato
Alpha Tester

Post by Dailato » 28 Jan 2014, 15:20

Straya wrote:If i can get a 100% guarantee into the Alpha Beta or future beta's i will gladly donate $150+ tomorrow or in a couple of days , so can u confirm this bobik i would get in? :D

I can pretty much guarantee you that would place you in top 100 donators, and thus get you alpha/beta access.

Straya

Post by Straya » 28 Jan 2014, 16:08

Dailato wrote:
Straya wrote:If i can get a 100% guarantee into the Alpha Beta or future beta's i will gladly donate $150+ tomorrow or in a couple of days , so can u confirm this bobik i would get in? :D

I can pretty much guarantee you that would place you in top 100 donators, and thus get you alpha/beta access.

Okay thank you for the reply i shall donate it in the morning then :D

Hoshiqua
Alpha Tester

Post by Hoshiqua » 29 Jan 2014, 17:04

If I give 30 euros, will I get to early test ? I am a very big gamer with a lot of time to report bugs and shit :)

Leaf

Post by Leaf » 03 Feb 2014, 07:15

Lithi wrote:Also, on a side note, was just reading the FAQ -topic.

And it occurred to me, there was really one thing in Wurm Online that really stood out, it was the chat handling and GM / Mod/ What ever you wanna call em, their interactions with the chat. There was literally so much babysitting that you couldn't really talk about anything.

Is this game gonna have as annoying babysitting-system as well? Cause that'll definitely be a killer for me, if I can't chat freely the way i'm used to chat. Eg. maybe a little cursing here and there, maybe some general fooling around, maybe some sexual jokes like in Wurm we had "Rare led shaft and led balls", as in obvious reference to male genitalia... Which was killed 10 minutes later by an uptight GM... and later I quit the game because the chat was just horrible, there was no fun at all. The public ones anyway, the private chats (guild, etc.) weren't controlled, but still that small "rule" killed the game for me, just like that.

Any response to this? If the chat would be somewhat "free form" It would definitely be a good thing and the atmosphere wouldn't be so "Oh shit, GM / Mod's coming, better shut up", if you know what I mean.

~ lithi

As a former chat moderator in wurm, generally only personal attacks were moderated. You were free to say any outlandish curse storm you wanted to.

We can talk via pm if you'd like examples, but generally it was for the good of chat.

Return to General Discussion