SUGGESTION: Daily Outpost Control (Red Worlds)

General discussion about Life is Feudal MMO and Life is Feudal: Your Own, The main section and backbone of the forums.

Do you support Capturing Outposts outside of Judgement Hour?

Yes, i think this is a good idea and would work well
58%
No, i think this is a bad idea
37%
I don't care
5%

Total votes : 158

BericDondarrion1
True Believer

SUGGESTION: Daily Outpost Control (Red Worlds)

Post by BericDondarrion1 » 17 Jul 2018, 22:33

Daily Outpost Control

Outposts have definitely added something to the game and i'm sure most people will agree to that, however one problem that the game still continues to have is the fact that PvP especially for a world that calls itself the hardcore Red World, has limitations on PvP. It is my belief that an MMO must have some kind of consistency of content to remain entertaining, but currently Life is Feudal has periods of stagnation between Judgement Hour and Instanced Battles and this has been a persistent problem for a while.

Outposts were supposed to solve some of these issues by adding something of value for players to continuously fight over, hence where the "hotspot" part comes into it. Now although Outposts have added something to the game, especially in Judgement Hours, i do not believe it's enough because it does not address the issue of the game's stagnation of content outside of these windows of opportunity. I think it's a common theme that players consistently complain that when there isn't any Instanced Battles or Judgement Hours, there's really not much to do. Arena's can be a fun side option to choose when you are really bored, but the arena's don't really intertwine well with the general theme of the game, which is a hardcore medieval sandbox, now i don't advocate to remove them because they are still an additional layer of content, but i would really like the general direction of the game to be focusing on solving this overall lack of content during your average play-time.

Fighting brings about loss and gain within the world, which helps the game to flow and change, politically and economically, the more players are willing to risk their possessions for the prospect of gaining something in return, the more people would be willing to work & trade in the world.

Those that would complain about the consistency of Outpost Wars in Red World probably don't belong on the hardcore world in the first place.

If you believe Outposts should be controllable/capture based (not destructible) during prime time windows daily, whether that's 5pm until 10pm or whatever time is decided (I believe longer window is better) then please vote on the poll below, thanks for taking the time to read the idea.

Asimov

Re: SUGGESTION: Daily Outpost Control (Red Worlds)

Post by Asimov » 17 Jul 2018, 22:45

But capture and destroy is the exact same thing. 1 way is just slower then the other.

And devs can make capture 24/7 if they like, but before it makes any difference, they will have to make outpost useful, so we will build them

Eluf

Post by Eluf » 17 Jul 2018, 22:48

This need to be a massive yes.

Right now the game is almost Life is Feudal (a couple of hours a week)........................... zZZZZzz :(

Mimz_515

Post by Mimz_515 » 17 Jul 2018, 22:56

wheres my t3

VindicteMortis
True Believer

Post by VindicteMortis » 17 Jul 2018, 22:57

wheres my t3

Neocron_draico

Post by Neocron_draico » 17 Jul 2018, 22:57

wheres my t3

Rational_Marauder
True Believer

Post by Rational_Marauder » 17 Jul 2018, 23:02

fully agree tho i would add this to it
1 :daily capturable from 6 CET to 12 CET (the longer the better) for me personally but however prime times but stay but outside jh so we got something after for it to do or to stay somewhere longer instead of jh over lets go
2: make it cost regional resources everyone would want them so it will be a good thing to activate the economey in this game again
3 more dammage ressitance so they wont be blown up in jh with 1 bom (2 min time) and we have something to fight for a while (so content)

4: make message in your screen for your clai mand vassels claims that its beeing captured chance capture time to 15-20 min it would give people time to come back from a raid to excally defend the outpost and give us to content we all wanted fights :P
Last edited by Rational_Marauder on 18 Jul 2018, 00:36, edited 1 time in total.

Korhaka

Post by Korhaka » 17 Jul 2018, 23:08

Anything that gives more content is good. Twiddling my thumbs waiting for the next JH gets dull when I can replace all my gear in vastly less time than it takes for the next JH to come around. Of course capturing should take some time so as long as defenders are paying attention they can put up a fight to attempt to protect their outpost.

pict

Post by pict » 18 Jul 2018, 07:15

One capture window per day at peak time, shorter window. promoting fights not sneak capping.
More valuable resources, or more abundant for short periods after the window.
Destroy rights removed unless you hold the outpost for a full week.

EliasLJH86

Post by EliasLJH86 » 18 Jul 2018, 11:53

pict wrote:One capture window per day at peak time, shorter window. promoting fights not sneak capping.
More valuable resources, or more abundant for short periods after the window.
Destroy rights removed unless you hold the outpost for a full week.

Sorta agree with this, has to be some mechanic to prevent people from doing SNEAK ATTACKS in the middle of the night/morning.

Else the community will all gravitate to sneak attacks, which is opposite of what the proposed change is set out to achieve - more action, more reliable action.

This game needs HOT SPOTS, and obvious reasons for people to go X Y Z - travel routes etc to fight over, around and at.

On whole I am YES on OPs proposal, but the mechanics surrounding it has to be tuned in a way to prevent "sneak attacks" and having people simply avoiding fights by doing it middle of the night Tuesday mornings etc.

Gimlikohne

Post by Gimlikohne » 18 Jul 2018, 13:32

Guys i dont understand if you cant read of if you dont understand the reason of this suggestion.
Beric himself wants a "time zone" from for example 5-10 pm where you can capture it, not destroy but only capture it so there wont be any "Sneek Attacks" at midnight.
With that, Outpost should get buffed aswell so its really important to build them and they should produce more on Red World then on Green world.
In addition to that, the capturetime should go up to like 20 mins so ppl can organise a better defence.

Lord_Sitruc
True Believer

Post by Lord_Sitruc » 18 Jul 2018, 15:13

So I really like this idea with a few changes.

I would like it to be every other day. That way you have time to gather significant stuff from it.

I would also like to see it not during JH.

During JH people are to busy with big objectives and big fights to defend or attack outposts most of the time.

I think it would be better if sometime before JH ouposts were vulnerable. Then they become protected again as JH starts. So we could fight over them then the fight would likely escalate and move towards villages and other more important items.

Edit: also I like this much more then daily JH, everyone can survive if they lose an outpost every few days, fewer people will keep playing if their base gets blown up the one day they couldn't spend their whole night online for JH

Vanrensburgmatt93

Post by Vanrensburgmatt93 » 19 Jul 2018, 18:25

Make avalon great again ! World pvp

WestArcher

Post by WestArcher » 19 Jul 2018, 22:24

Could be interesting, however very desperately need to be able to modify permissions on outpost claims first.

Monco

Post by Monco » 20 Jul 2018, 01:01

The idea is great and can really help the game to have more content during non JH days. I would say that as for now Outposts are a "side content" for JHs where if people didn't plan to make an attack to a base they just go for outposts hoping to get a fight.
Now if there would be a large (6+ hours) daily window in which outposts can be CAPTURED, not destroyed, they would become "MAIN content" when it isn't JH, thus making them even more relevant.
It's also very important that they are an OPEN WORLD feature, so having people fighting over them daily would make the world feel more alive and dynamic in general, considering the fact that the world is very static and stagnant as for now.
It's so bad especially for new players to see a world so big and so stale, ghost towns everywhere, buildings but no people moving around, it gives them the feeling to be playing in a dead game.
I feel like this idea can only IMPROVE the game and the gameplay, easy daily content that adds something to the open world, that's where the arena is different because even if the arena is daily content aswell it doesn't really improve the game since the players are "moved away" from the actual world making it feel even more stale and empty, discouraging movement of people around the world.

Asimov wrote:But capture and destroy is the exact same thing. 1 way is just slower then the other.

And devs can make capture 24/7 if they like, but before it makes any difference, they will have to make outpost useful, so we will build them

I can't disagree to the fact that outposts may not be so "mandatory" even tho they give something more, but if you think that to destroy and to capture an outpost is the exact same thing then you are absolutely wrong.
Destroying an outpost kills the content because it removes it from the game, making it so that those who build it need to make the effort to build a new one which could be destroyed again.
On the other hand capturing it encourages content, it encourages continues engagements and battles to have one side controlling it.
I'm not saying that Outposts shouldn't be destroyable, they should be but only during JH or a shorter daily window, but having a big daily window in which they can be captured is really a good idea.
If you think that destroying or capturing an outpost is the same thing then you are narrow minded since i can easily tell you that you focus your ideas just on "winning" given the fact that you also say "one way is slower then the other one".
It's that kind of thinking that doesn't let the game improve, you don't want or don't care about the game you just want to have it so it's easier / suits yourself or your guild better.
It's like those who call themselves PvPers and then for a poll like this vote no because their alliance/coalition would benefit more from a NO then from a YES even if it's OBVIOUS that a PvPer would vote YES for a poll like this one.
Personal / Guild Agendas above overall Game agenda, some people just care more about their guild / coalition success then for the game success itself and that may be a game killer.

Return to General Discussion