teleportation?

General discussion about Life is Feudal MMO and Life is Feudal: Your Own, The main section and backbone of the forums.

SaresITA89
Alpha Tester

teleportation?

Post by SaresITA89 » 12 Dec 2013, 13:37

I have heard that in this game is the teleporter to go home.

I hope that this is a false story, as this kills my tactics that I do on mortal online.

That is, aspect that the other player fills the bags full of animal carcasses and then I'm going to kill.

With teleport, you will have a safe trip home 100%

The reason for the horse that enters the inventory, not that it was done for teleportation?

I would be very unhappy if the reason for the horse that enters the inventory, is connected to the because of teleportation

sorry for my english

Dailato
Alpha Tester

Re: teleportation?

Post by Dailato » 12 Dec 2013, 14:20

SaresITA89 wrote:sorry for my english

Apology accepted.

On a more relevant note, if I understand you correctly you wish to murder people on their way back from a hunting trip, take their loot, and run with it?

I suppose if you're willing to take the alignment hit for that then, yes, the teleport home mechanic will be a pain in the rear for you.

On the other hand, you can still attack and kill players when they try to teleport home, any damage will interrupt the teleport. And after you kill them you can then teleport home with their loot, it works both ways.

While I understand you would probably like to camp the road back to town, there is no way of knowing where that persons home is. It could be anywhere in the world, and thus camping a road would be rather fruitless to begin with.

In fact, if you see a player starting their teleport animation, you can be almost certain they are done farming for the day and heading home, 100% valuable target conformation? I don't know why you'd complain about that as a ganker.

From an RP perspective, no, I'm not entirely comfortable with the "pray for god to bring you home and get teleported" gig. That kind of shit is hard to explain by "the placebo effect". But for pvp/ganking it will most likely be of no detriment whatsoever, considering how the rest of the game is set up.

Hopefully this alleviates some of your worries, or at least informs you that certain tactics wouldn't be viable in this game regardless of the teleporter.

Yours truly -The Pope

SaresITA89
Alpha Tester

Post by SaresITA89 » 12 Dec 2013, 15:05

Thanks for the reply, it was very satisfying.

But I continue to be a player without god :evil:

i joke i joke! :beer:

Telakh
Alpha Tester

Post by Telakh » 12 Dec 2013, 15:56

"You should not do something because I dont like it" is surely a reasonable point for every developer ;)

You can be assured that teleportation serves for evacuating from unwalkable locations and traps, and there can be certain restrictions like carried weight and time that it takes to cover a long distance.
ImageYou are entering    Time ParadoxImage

Kuroi
Alpha Tester

Post by Kuroi » 17 Dec 2013, 02:38

i guess teleporting won't be instant :) so if you notice someone doing it, just attack!

Bobik
Project Leader

Post by Bobik » 17 Dec 2013, 08:03

Kuroi wrote:i guess teleporting won't be instant :) so if you notice someone doing it, just attack!

Yup, simple as that. :good:
Also recall might fizzle (fail) randomly and its success rate depends on your secondary crafting skill called "Piety".

Return to General Discussion