[US] The Highlands - Fresh Mar 1. -PvP/900sp/1x/1 character.

Seamus
Zealous Believer

[US] The Highlands - Fresh Mar 1. -PvP/900sp/1x/1 character.

Post by Seamus » 07 Dec 2015, 23:06

Hey guys. The Highlands is a fresh, US based pvp server seeking players to grow. We recently switched to a dedicated machine, and are no longer hosted through a provider. 16GB ram, on a fiber connection based out of Denver, CO. This server and teamspeak are the only 2 things running on the box, save for the basics. We opted to wipe as opposed to migrate to attract some fresh faces, who may be looking for a fresh start. Last iteration lasted 3 months with minimal technical problems, we expect this one to last equally long or longer.

Most of our population report significantly reduced latency from the old host, as well the server is as of yet, lag free.

I call it Gentleman's PvP. Really it just relies on people not being complete dickbags. Here's an overview:

KoS allowed, some caveats.
Claim raiding allowed, 3 hours between raids on same settlement.
No log ladders. Crates/chests fine. Must adhere to RL physics.
JH every sunday @ 9:30-11:pm Eastern.
No ladders during JH, seige or tunnel breaching only.
Razing of building/monuments only allowed during formal war.
Guild wars with razing :evil:

Server fresh as of 3/1/2016

The skill cap, skill multiplier, & tunneling speed are all at vanilla or near vanilla levels to provide a more hardcore experience. The GM shop shall operate to provide players with materials and items, so smaller groups may struggle a bit, but can still maintain.

900 Skill cap. Slightly higher than our last iteration, but only 1 character per account by default to encourage teamwork.
1.0 skill speed multiplier
Fast Terraforming
Fast uprooting
Decay is on. .5 rate (250 durability loss per day cycle)

Join our steam community:
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/highlands-lif

Some other features:
Currency & GM shop to stimulate/simulate economy
Alignment maintenance script. (You may spam pray from -49 to 0)
Purchasable stat points up to 20 above cap with in game currency.
Purchasable alt slots, up to 2 per account with in game currency.
Public bounty board.

Voice Comms:
Teamspeak 3
vs23.tserverhq.com:7113
Guild channels available upon request.

Full set of rules available: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/highla ... 682297942/

Steam ID: IrishNinja (Picture of Peter Griffin's dad)
Server Address: 72.5.102.80:28000, or find us on the list.

Hit me up for questions. Hope to see you in game.
Last edited by Seamus on 02 Mar 2016, 22:56, edited 9 times in total.

Seamus
Zealous Believer

Re: [US] The Highlands

Post by Seamus » 08 Dec 2015, 18:07

Couple of new faces today. Upped the skill cap to 1500. Ts3 server is being setup. Will update with info when available.

Started laying groundwork for currency exchange.

Hit me up in game and I'll fill your first monument.

Seamus
Zealous Believer

Post by Seamus » 10 Dec 2015, 09:35

Updated original post with ts3 info. Currency & GM shop mostly implemented.

No new faces today :(

Come play with us, we're new player friendly.

Seamus
Zealous Believer

Post by Seamus » 10 Dec 2015, 22:21

Those of us already on the server were discussing it today, and opted to wipe to reset the skill cap and skill rates. After playing for a few days, 1500 skills was too high, and even a 5.0 multiplier felt too fast. Also, we've opted to turn decay off for the time being. even at a low rate, it's a whore for those who don't have a monument down.

No further wipes planned.

Server fresh as of today, 12/10/2015. Join us, for a bit more of a hardcore experience.

Seamus
Zealous Believer

Post by Seamus » 16 Dec 2015, 16:42

Up to 40 or so accounts on the server. We're seeing between 12-15 fairly regularly during US primetime. Most folks have quite low ping when connecting, and we've had a few international folks join us, who tell me their ping is quite good as well.

There a a few settlements established now, but there's plenty of room to build. Come and join us.

Jem79c

Post by Jem79c » 08 Jan 2016, 14:53

Things have been going good on the server and it's a blast to play here - several large settlements and about a half dozen 2-3 player settlements have popped up... Folks are always looking for more help to grow and there is still plenty of room for new players and settlements too!

Pretty consistent 20-30 players on during evenings USA time, lots of action, both friendly trade and PVP. Server rules go a long way to making it competitive, but still fair and fun for all.

Pesco
True Believer

Post by Pesco » 26 Feb 2016, 12:02

I've been on the server a couple weeks now. As a new player to the game, I've found the server and guilds very welcoming and helpful. Within a few days I had the basics down and was starting to craft and engage in some pvp.

GM goes wayyy out of his way to foster a fair environment and seeks input from all guild leaders.

Seamus
Zealous Believer

Re: [US] The Highlands - Fresh Mar 1.

Post by Seamus » 02 Mar 2016, 07:15

Freshly wiped, and new as of March 1 folks. Come, claim your glory.

Return to PvP Servers