The Pro's and Con's of the new Progressions system.

Have some feedback for Life is Feudal? Post it here!

Tivalec

The Pro's and Con's of the new Progressions system.

Post by Tivalec » 20 Mar 2019, 01:50

The new skill progression system in my opinion is a blessing and a curse both to the playerbase and the game itself. I'm going to list both the pros and cons then move on to how i believe it could be improved for everyone.

The Pros.
The new system allows for people who only have an hour or two to continue leveling and feel like they are progressing. It also helps those who have multiple characters making advancement in each of their trees both combat and crafting. Not to mention the fact that mass amounts of menial labor (Everyone hates terraforming but it needs to be done) Now feels like its not a waste of each persons time.
This system leans more towards making more casual players happy or hardcore players who want ALL THE SKILLS.

The big Neutral
The time consumed to get to required levels is set, so no matter what you do or how much xp you have gained it will never change as long as you have some xp to draw from.

The Cons.
You cannot make more effort to get better faster, it seems like something small but people who only enjoy one skill tree or have one character get punished by this system. Including the fact that someone who wants to play more or has extra time in that day can't truly sit there and work in their profession. It takes an hour or two to fill up your xp pool and then any further work feels like a waste as you can't go over your xp pool cap. This alienates the people who prefer to really play the game for hours on end grinding up their skills (i guess the "hardcore players") and this hurts the game because the people who play the game the most, the ones who spend the most money, and spout their praise of the game just... cant make the progress they want.

My idea/suggestion on how to make everyone happy.
Take the old system and the new system and make a combination of them. For example if you are working on a skill you don't have marked to raise all of the xp goes to its respective pool. However if you are working on a marked skill you get 50% of the usual xp towards the pool but you instead get 50% of the old systems points towards the skill.
An example: You are leveling your Carpentry skill and in the Old system you would get .002 towards the skill for every action and in the new system you get 1300 pool xp. With my idea you would get .001 towards Carpentry and only 650 pool.
This system would allow casual players or those with multiple characters to still get their over time leveling no matter what they work on, while still allowing the more hardcore players to work on and level what they want to more efficiently and for longer times.

Return to Feedback Section