Time for a Your Own update (1.3.0.1)

Everything you need to know about what’s happening in Life is Feudal.
Arrakis

Time for a Your Own update (1.3.0.1)

Post by Arrakis » 06 Apr 2017, 15:24

Life is Feudal: Your Own

Hey everyone,

After some extensive work we’ve completed, we’re finally glad to announce that all of the major changes, which some of you noticed in Life is Feudal:MMO, have been by adopted, and patched to, Life is Feudal: Your Own.
Enjoy!

Patch notes (ver. 1.3.0.1):

New features and tweaks:
  • Completely redesigned the combat skill tree. Make sure to open your skill book and spend some time familiarizing yourself with it. Note that skillcap setting will be different for crafting, combat and minor skills now
  • Implemented a new object selection algorithm, which should increase your game performance slightly, especially in an area with a lot of objects and trees (note that inside buildings some improperly placed storage items, like crate, barrels etc., may become stuck, you will need GM assistance to get them out)
  • Optimized and partially rewritten AI system. These changes may result in a slight server side performance boost, but they are mainly designed to be a foundation for Natives and horse-driven carts
  • Implemented parallax effect on terrain textures
  • Added ‘Maximized window’ display mode
  • You can change language in Game settings menu now, as well as guid invites, groups and barter requests
  • All types of damage affect movable objects now
  • Implemented ‘chopping’ type of damage for different axe-type weapons. This type of damage is more effective against small, movable objects than slashing, blunt or piercing damage
  • Implemented ‘impact’ type of damage. It is inflicted by horses trampling infantry. Padded armors have increased resistance against it
  • Rebalanced all types of armor. Armor now has a bonus effects according to required skill
  • Royal armor skill requirement has decreased to 90. Royal armor damage mitigation has increased by 5% compared to Veteran’s armor sets
  • Increased blueprints probability to be dropped during crafting actions from 1% to 5%
  • Minimum speed bonus is 1.0 instead of 5.0. That means that a low speed poke with certain weapons will not cause excessive damage now
  • Doubled velocity multiplier in thrust attack speed bonus calculation
  • Thrusting attacks with Spears cannot be parried now (required 90 Spearman skill)
  • All trebuchet related actions require 60 Demolition skill now
  • You need to inflict at least 5 dmg in order to have a chance to cause a stagger or stun
  • Special attacks reshuffled for the purpose of better usability in combat. Make sure to check out skill book descriptions
  • All melee combat combo chains are lowered to 3 consecutive attacks (instead of 4). Make sure to check skill book for details
  • Combo, special attacks and attacks with Power Strike effect properly ignore parrying now (as it was originally intended)
  • Hit damage type transforms to blunt when hit is blocked by a shield
  • Practice weapons do not require a linen rope now in their crafting recipes. That should make practice weapons more available at earlier stages of development
  • New ‘Siege Torch’ weapon
  • Knight sword moved to hand-and-a-half sword group, Grossmesser moved to the one-handed group. Estoc weapon type changed to two-handed sword
  • Nerfed lances damage multiplier
  • Tweaked unit weight of polearms
  • Partisan weapon is shorter now
  • Increased speed of overhead attacks with two-handed pole weapons
  • Swamps and snow now affect horses speed
  • You can flatten paved tiles now to build structures on them
  • Day cycle min to max range changed to 1- 24 (real life hours per in game day)
Bug fixes:
  • Multiple forest and trees related optimizations and bugfixes. We believe that everything related to the forest and individual trees should work faster
  • Pines and spruces have proper collisions now at all growth stages
  • Iron Grip ability should no longer switch player to a peaceful stance
  • Royal horse in an unstoppable gallop state should work properly now
  • Fixed an issue with cooldowns of disabled abilities
  • Fixed a server crash with the barter window
  • Fixed an exploit, which allowed players to shoot volley arrows when angle of sight is lower than 30 degrees to the ground plane
  • Fixed incorrect tiles blocking while terraforming
  • Region audio announcement is no longer sounded when entering the game or returning to already visited region (text notifications are still there)
  • ‘Slaughter’ button is now visible only for players with at least 30 points of Animal Lore skill
  • Fixed huge formation bonus bug. Formation will be dropped on any leader teleport
  • Fixed ‘jump to the sky on a tunnel edge’ bug
  • Autocraft ends when the tool reaches 0 durability
  • Multiple combat mechanics-related bugfixes
  • Fixed some minor chat and chat window related bugs
  • Some other server and client side crash fixes and optimizations
- The Team

Khan-
Zealous Believer

Re: Time for a Your Own update (1.3.0.1)

Post by Khan- » 06 Apr 2017, 15:25

Disponible en Français : sur Lifeisfeudal-fr.com

GREAT !!!!
Last edited by Khan- on 06 Apr 2017, 16:04, edited 1 time in total.
100% French speaking alliance of Royaume Franc : http://lifeisfeudal-fr.com/
Les Témoins de Mérovée Site - Forum - Me contacter

Zerozucka
True Believer

Post by Zerozucka » 06 Apr 2017, 15:26

NICE :Yahoo!:

Saar
Zealous Believer

Post by Saar » 06 Apr 2017, 15:31

Traduction française disponible sur von Culm
Last edited by Saar on 06 Apr 2017, 16:39, edited 1 time in total.

Filipsss
Beta Tester

Post by Filipsss » 06 Apr 2017, 15:34

LOOKS LIKE HEAVY ARMOR IS BACK ON THE MENU BOYS

Akarolle

Post by Akarolle » 06 Apr 2017, 15:53

Great to see another large patch, little disappointing that it was mainly combat focused. Need some love for us playing on non-pvp servers. Looking forward to horse carts and natives :Yahoo!:

Baal
True Believer

Post by Baal » 06 Apr 2017, 16:05

"You can flatten paved tiles now to build structures on them"

Oh my god, game is going better and better :good:

Yenko68

Post by Yenko68 » 06 Apr 2017, 17:07

Issues so far since patching into this .

2. Trees when chopped, logs are invisible. Stumps are invisible
2. Boars when killed disappear
3. old characters can't access skill trees towards slings
4. construction items can not be placed

Ipleasedont
True Believer

Post by Ipleasedont » 06 Apr 2017, 17:25

Yenko68 wrote:Issues so far since patching into this .

5. basic combat skills are locked. cant even use militia to draw my shovel. new characters dont seem to have the problem while other people have random ones unlocked.

Ipleasedont
True Believer

Post by Ipleasedont » 06 Apr 2017, 17:29

Ipleasedont wrote:
Yenko68 wrote:Issues so far since patching into this .

5. basic combat skills are locked. cant even use militia to draw my shovel. new characters don't seem to have the problem while other people have random ones unlocked.

6. cant equip anything because its a "weapon"( including the shovel
) because it requires militia to be unlocked.

Rybikson
Devoted Believer

Post by Rybikson » 06 Apr 2017, 17:34

confirmed-> sling locked on 0
carpentry / arts -> no construction sites after the animation

thumps doesnt appear on lowest graph settings, on medium terrain thumps dissapear on 4 meters

logs collision mesh still exists after u cut the tree, theres just no texture and no interacion zone

Ekkooffice

Post by Ekkooffice » 06 Apr 2017, 20:42

A lot seems to be going wrong with this update on multiple servers i tested. Cant remove items from inventory and cutting down trees produces no log to move or cut. Cant place buildings, some people cant equip tools and the list goes on. Is there a hotfix already in the works or ?

Arrakis

Post by Arrakis » 06 Apr 2017, 20:55

We are already working on the hotfix, yeah.

Wilber85
Devoted Believer

Post by Wilber85 » 06 Apr 2017, 21:16

Any ETA?

Losthorizon350
Beta Tester

Post by Losthorizon350 » 07 Apr 2017, 05:53

Graphics is a bit optimised now. Great. 60 FPS are on the way. :Bravo:

Arrakis

Time for a Your Own update (1.3.0.3)

Post by Arrakis » 07 Apr 2017, 15:33

Hey everyone,

Fortunately, we are staying true to the good old game dev tradition of providing a quickfix patch to the recent major patch. Here are couple of issues that we’ve fixed with the current update.

Patch notes (ver. 1.3.0.3):

Bug fixes:
  • patch.sql script was fixed. This should resolve issues on these dedicated servers. They had no root rights while executing scripts in the database. That lead to numerous different bugs - skills lock/unlock, inability to see dropped objects, animals not producing corpses, trees not producing logs after being chopped down, crashes when taking resources from Drying racks and Tanning tubs etc
  • Fixed an issue that prevented some wall and fence construction from being completed when they were adjacent to other walls, fences or unmovable objects
  • Fixed a bug with improper damage calculations inflicted by arrows and bolts to buildings

Dear LiF:YO servers owners, if you are still experiencing problems with your server’s patching/initialization, please send your server logs and DB dumps with a problem description straight to us: helpme@lifeisfeudal.com.

Note: We've implemented separate skillcap (crafting, combat, minor) server setting. Dedicated servers' skillcaps can not be reconfigured automatically. Server admins will have to change 'world.xml' files manually to configure different caps to:

<skillcap>
      <group id="1" value="400" />
      <group id="2" value="400" />
      <group id="3" value="400" />
    </skillcap>
For further information please contact us via the email above.

- The Team

Drakedge
Zealous Believer

Re: Time for a Your Own update (1.3.0.3)

Post by Drakedge » 07 Apr 2017, 16:11

Arrakis wrote:Hey everyone,

Fortunately, we are staying true to the good old game dev tradition of providing a quickfix patch to the recent major patch. Here are couple of issues that we’ve fixed with the current update.

Patch notes (ver. 1.3.0.3):

Bug fixes:
  • patch.sql script was fixed. This should resolve issues on these dedicated servers. They had no root rights while executing scripts in the database. That lead to numerous different bugs - skills lock/unlock, inability to see dropped objects, animals not producing corpses, trees not producing logs after being chopped down, crashes when taking resources from Drying racks and Tanning tubs etc
  • Fixed an issue that prevented some wall and fence construction from being completed when they were adjacent to other walls, fences or unmovable objects
  • Fixed a bug with improper damage calculations inflicted by arrows and bolts to buildings

Dear LiF:YO servers owners, if you are still experiencing problems with your server’s patching/initialization, please send your server logs and DB dumps with a problem description straight to us: helpme@lifeisfeudal.com.

Note: We've implemented separate skillcap (crafting, combat, minor) server setting. Dedicated servers' skillcaps can not be reconfigured automatically. Server admins will have to change 'world.xml' files manually to configure different caps to:

<skillcap>
    </skillcap>
For further information please contact us via the email above.

- The Team

There is a vicious game breaking intelligence bug.

We need this bug to be fixed asap. It is very game breaking.

I have put in the new skill caps into the world.xml file for our server as follows:

<skillcap>
</skillcap>

However, intelligence no longer applies bonus skill points. For example, at 20 int you should have 420 skill points. What happens is, if you adjust your Int to say 20.00000001 then you will have your 420 points. When you log back in, or switch to an alt, it will default you back down to 400 points and force you to lose skills that were above the 400 mark.

For example, I had 100 carpentry, building, masonry, and points spread in other little areas. When I logged in, it dropped them all down multiple points in order to meet the 400 skill cap. When I adjusted the int it gave the skill pool the points, but I still lost the level 100 skills.

Please fix this ASAP, it is severely game breaking.

Arrakis

Time for a Your Own update (1.3.0.4)

Post by Arrakis » 07 Apr 2017, 22:42

Patch notes (ver. 1.3.0.4):

• addresses some possible server-side crashe issues

V.a.wheldon

Re: Time for a Your Own update (1.3.0.4)

Post by V.a.wheldon » 07 Apr 2017, 23:35

Arrakis wrote:Patch notes (ver. 1.3.0.4):

• addresses some possible server-side crashe issues

I have tried updating through steamcmd multiple times, have force updated and validated and am still getting an invalid server version error.
Invalid Version: got 16973828 current 16973826

Submitted a ticket..Still waiting.

Kukuruzka
Zealous Believer

Post by Kukuruzka » 08 Apr 2017, 03:56

Хоть что-то про оптимизацию я увидел в этих строках, хоть что-то! :Yahoo!:

Arrakis

Time for a Your Own update (1.3.0.5)

Post by Arrakis » 11 Apr 2017, 12:25

Hey everyone,

Tradition is a feudal must, so here is another fix for the latest game update.

Patch notes (ver. 1.3.0.5):

Bug fixes:
  • Fixed an issue that caused improper skillcap calculation, which didn’t take intellect into account
  • Proper conversion of old single skillcap settings to the new crafting/combat/minor skillcap for existing dedicated servers
  • Only the thrusting spear attack can not be parried at 90 Spearman skill. Overhead and slashing attacks will be properly parried now
  • You now can not attack with bec-de-corbin while mounted
  • Skillcap information in the server browser is now indicated properly
- The team

Angelyne
Zealous Believer

Post by Angelyne » 11 Apr 2017, 12:30

Nice ty !

Styxwash
Zealous Believer

Post by Styxwash » 11 Apr 2017, 12:36

Arrakis wrote:[*] Only the thrusting spear attack can not be parried at 90 Spearman skill. Overhead and slashing attacks will be properly parried now

Does this mean you have decided that unparryable spear thrusts will be a permanent game feature?

I mean, I can't complain, I use the Boar Spear alot, but apparently many players aren't fans of this special feature.

To be fair, other weapons can become unparryable as well with combos, but I do see how strong it is coupled with a shield.

My chances of beating better skilled opponents definetely rises alot using the spear & shield combo.

Jairone
True Believer

Post by Jairone » 11 Apr 2017, 17:56

Styxwash wrote:
Arrakis wrote:[*] Only the thrusting spear attack can not be parried at 90 Spearman skill. Overhead and slashing attacks will be properly parried now

Does this mean you have decided that unparryable spear thrusts will be a permanent game feature?

I mean, I can't complain, I use the Boar Spear alot, but apparently many players aren't fans of this special feature.

To be fair, other weapons can become unparryable as well with combos, but I do see how strong it is coupled with a shield.

My chances of beating better skilled opponents definetely rises alot using the spear & shield combo.

This. Would like to see it as a thrust combo, like the other trees. Maybe only every second thrust (it is a little easier to evade thrusts) but definitely not every single thrust.

Azzerhoden
Alpha Tester

Post by Azzerhoden » 11 Apr 2017, 20:49

I do not understand why it is immune to parry at any skill level. Perhaps a special attack would work but there is nothing realistic about any attack automatically penetrating an opponents defenses. Further, why not include this same 'feature' for any polearm with a pointy end?

It seems that the only reason for doing this is because a thrust attack is really the only effective method of attacking with a spear and too many opponents were 'parrying' it. That's the way it should be given the length of the weapon.
| - Alpha Tester and Zealous Believer

Kingdom of Hyperion founding Duchy - A practical RP Community est. 1999 - Apply Today!

Lustmord
Beta Tester

Post by Lustmord » 12 Apr 2017, 13:45

The boar spear was already OP before they added this unblockable bullshit, if we compare it to other weapons, due to it's damage, speed and hitboxes.
If you want to keep this mechanic on the spears, the damage needs to be lowered drastically. ~10 damage to T2 plate.

JoshyA6
True Believer

Post by JoshyA6 » 13 Apr 2017, 10:17

Lustmord wrote:The boar spear was already OP before they added this unblockable bullshit, if we compare it to other weapons, due to it's damage, speed and hitboxes.
If you want to keep this mechanic on the spears, the damage needs to be lowered drastically. ~10 damage to T2 plate.

For sure...if they want to keep this mechanic, they'll have to fix it at some other point. But this is total bullshit. Rather than keeping it unblockable and making it slower or less powerfull, they should just take out the unability to block it.

I'm now playing with boarspear for over half a year I guess. I started playing with this weapon since the time, noone even thought it would be effective to use and nobody ran around with one on their back. Since then, I've never played another weapon, mastered it more than well and love it till now. But after this update, I have to feel ashamed to use it. But I don't see not to use it anymore, just because the devs made it so ridicolous. In my opinion, it is fine, when it is being blockable again. Sure it is powerful in it's damage output, but it is A peircing damage B not the only powerful weapon C unable to make combos D not having any special attacks E not making much damage to shields, armor, or weapons F only useful with stabs, which are hard to master and not that difficult to dodge.

IF devs fix this wepaon, which they obviously should after this update, they should definitely just remove the unability to block it. If they keep it this way and just nerf the weapon I love and use since stone-age times to absurd speed and damage output, I'm not sure how I will react...

Yenko68

Post by Yenko68 » 14 Apr 2017, 18:03

Arrakis wrote:Life is Feudal: Your Own

[*] Fixed incorrect tiles blocking while terraforming

I do not claim to know the intent of this change, but among the net results of this is neighboring tiles can no longer be flattened if it results in "unflattening" a developed tile

as well as

GM mode now is restricted to building on flattened tiles same as players are. If someone can point me in the right direction of the program scripts, i would really like to revert this portion of things for my server.

Return to News and Information