Uncharted Islands [RP - US][BasilMods]

Blackdrakon

Uncharted Islands [RP - US][BasilMods]

Post by Blackdrakon » 13 Mar 2016, 02:31

Welcome to the Uncharted Islands where the only monarchical authority on the island is the one you and your peers create. This RP server is an 18+ server, does not cater to the instant gratification crowd, and will require time and effort if you have it in your mind to establish yourself as the ruling faction. We are also a whitelisting server to assist in keeping with the highest quality of role play.

***Admin Note - 3/27/2016***

I would like to emphasize to those checking out the server that the server is still new meaning we are currently a low population server. We are looking for players who understand 'you get what you put into it' and want to help build our following with the larger picture in mind. If the likelihood of you playing solo for a while during our build up phase isn't your cup of tea, then you're welcome to check us out at a later time.

Rules: http://unchartedislands.enjin.com/rules

Our Enjin page will be the primary platform for the forums. But we're looking for a graphics designer to assist our coder in creating an actual website. If you're interested after reading the rest of this thread, please get in touch with me directly.

LORE

The current year is 1019 on an island off the mainlands of the Byzantine Empire. This island does not come prefabricated with any lore. The only lore that exists is the one you bring to it through your character and the interaction you have with others. As the server progresses, the community may come together and name the island.

SERVER SETTINGS

IP: 172.245.225.114:28040

For those not familiar with whitelisting: If you attempt to connect to the server before your SteamID is added to the approved access list in the database, you will receive a notice stating your account is banned. This is working as intended until your account is enabled.

Server settings are set to make it difficult to master your skills. To prevent a flooding of goods into the economy and the need to have 5 or more warehouses filled to the brim with stuff you can't unload, crafting and breeding ticks have been adjusted.

The current server settings are as follows:

• 1x skill multiplier;
  • 5 minute crafting / fuel burning ticks;
  • 10 hour breeding ticks;
  • 8 hour day/night cycles (4 hrs of day / 4 hrs of night);
  • 3 hour plant growth cycles;
  • 100 Animals;
  • No Decay;
  • No Judgement Hour;
  • 3000 skill cap (may be adjusted later as the population expands);
  • One character per account;
  • Coin based economy;
  • 32 slots (will expand as needed).
MODS

To help enhance the role play on the server, BasilMods (http://lifeisfeudal.com/forum/basilmod-pack-t14509/) have been enabled. The server is currently running the following mods:

• Ravens - Enables 'carrier pigeons';
  • Rest Zones - Enabled for server-wide tournaments for instant healing abilities to ensure participants can participate in the next event without delay;
  • Safe Zone - Surrounds the GM operated NPC settlement to provide new LiF players a safe haven to learn without risk.
We are also keeping tabs on the following BasilMods that are still in their development phases and will be enabled on the server once available:

• Battlegrounds - Massive fights without the alignment penalty;
  • Heraldry - Allows custom graphics content for flags, shields and armor (Mod being implemented by LiF Developers);
  • NPCs - They don't really do much except stand there and wave at you. But it'll at least make the world feel a bit more populated;
  • Bounty Hunter - Place bounties on the heads of the criminals on the island;
  • Cartographer - Create your own maps and exchange them with others.
To enable your client to accept the server installed mods, download the only file you'll ever need regardless of how many mods are installed on the server: http://lifeisfeudal.com/forum/basilmod-pack-t14651

OTHER

There will be one GM operated settlement which will be declared neutral against all conflict to enable the community to have a location for island wide tournaments, for new LiF players to learn without risk, market days, supply shipments once certain server resources become depleted, and a neutral ground for negotiations between island factions. These roles may be further expanded as the need for other services become apparent.

If there are any questions regarding Uncharted Islands, feel free to send me a message.

-=[Update 3/17/2016]=-

The following changes have been made to the server:

• Claimable buildings can now be claimed for 3 days instead of 1.
  • Movable object timers have been removed to allow for immediate use by other players.
  • Trap and snare timers have been extended to 24 hours.
  • The random event flyers that appear at the top right of your screen have been disabled.

-=[Update 3/27/2016]=-

The following changes have been made to the server:

• The 'NoFloating' BasilMod has been added. Items you place in the air will now fall to the ground instead of remaining anchored in the air.
  • A new character spawn point is now set inside the GM operated NPC city.

-=[Update 4/8/2016]=-

Some containers and warehouses have been given a capacity increase. This was done to help better manage inventory and decrease the necessity to use more land to store your goods. The following changes have been made:

• Crates: 150 to 300;
  • Barrels: 300 to 450;
  • Chests: 250 to 600;
  • Wardrobes: 500 to 1,000;
  • Weapon Rack: 70 to 100;
  • Armor Stand: 50 to 100;
  • Wheelbarrow: 300 to 600;
  • Cart: 500 to 1,200;
  • Trader Cart: 1,200 to 2,400;
  • Warehouse: 3,000 to 12,000;
  • Wooden Warehouse: 5,000 to 20,000;
  • Large Warehouse: 15,000 to 60,000;
Random events have also been re-enabled at a lower frequency than default.
Last edited by Blackdrakon on 08 Apr 2016, 20:17, edited 14 times in total.

Blackdrakon

Re: Uncharted Islands [RP - US][BasilMods]

Post by Blackdrakon » 17 Mar 2016, 07:21

OP updated with server changes that can be found at the bottom of the post.

Blackdrakon

Post by Blackdrakon » 27 Mar 2016, 21:56

OP updated with admin notes and mod / server setting updates.

Sinn78

Post by Sinn78 » 31 Mar 2016, 00:38

Been playing on Uncharted Isles for a week now and have to say been enjoying my time. Server is still young so plenty of places to stake your claim! Would def recommend checking this server out!

LeonDeGrance

Post by LeonDeGrance » 01 Apr 2016, 00:50

I would love to join you guys. How should I go about getting more info?

Blackdrakon

Post by Blackdrakon » 06 Apr 2016, 09:19

The server has now grown to have a solid player base of 10. While still considered a low population server, we are progressing towards quality growth. Come check us out and see what we have to offer.

Please note we are an 18+ only server.

Blackdrakon

Post by Blackdrakon » 06 Apr 2016, 21:00

One of our island residents is streaming our server. Check out the Twitch channel and check out what's going on before you join!

https://www.twitch.tv/beddhead

Blackdrakon

Post by Blackdrakon » 08 Apr 2016, 20:16

OP updated with server updates for 4/8/2016.

Xandirstein

Post by Xandirstein » 16 Apr 2016, 01:01

My group has been playing on the server for a week now and are very impressed with this server. The community is great and the GM's are very helpful. We are currently a small community but are growing by the day. If you enjoy in depth roleplay and getting what you put into the game. This server is for you. Be advised the server ticks and progression are a bit slower. But the positive side to this is it controls the game economy very well. Hope to see more on Uncharted Islands soon. :good:

Ryden09

Post by Ryden09 » 16 Apr 2016, 01:10

This is the Best Rp server that iu have came to Discover. They Built a Arena For Events, Also The Rp interaction is on going and legit.
This Server has a Tradesman Town for you to Sell Items for the in game Currency and The Skills that you Acquire in this game is Set to be Realistic. I Highly Recommend this Server For Rp
and on the Side Note No Unnecessary Wipes to which on other servers I played makes it Annoying Come to Uncharted Islands!!
Last edited by Ryden09 on 16 Apr 2016, 01:13, edited 1 time in total.

Malfina01

Post by Malfina01 » 16 Apr 2016, 01:13

I have played on many servers now, and so far this has been my favorite. not too easy but not too hard. The world is set to be more realistic or as much as possible without making it impossible to progress. I love the admin and have high expectations towards any others he implements. I advise any others looking for good Rp and a good time to join at there own notice.

Malfina

Comadzy

Post by Comadzy » 16 Apr 2016, 13:50

Been on the server for a week and have nothing but good things to say. There is still lots of room for more people. My name is Antoz in game and I hope to see you soon :D

Comadzy

Post by Comadzy » 23 Apr 2016, 22:26

Still lots of room. Come on out :D

Return to RP Servers