Guys Seriously. Forcing Players in a Game NEVER works!

General discussion about Life is Feudal MMO and Life is Feudal: Your Own, The main section and backbone of the forums.

Sunleader
Zealous Believer

Guys Seriously. Forcing Players in a Game NEVER works!

Post by Sunleader » 13 Aug 2018, 00:18

Each time I check. I see yet the same People Propagating.

To Remove Town and Private Claim Protection and allow everything to be Destroyed during JH.
To Remove the Alignment Penalties and allow Killing everyone everywhere without Consequences.
To Remove Green Servers and only have PvP Servers.

Guys.
Seriously.
Sometimes I really wonder why People are so Incomprehensible and Blind that they apparently really think they would get more PvP Enemies if they did stupid crab like the aforementioned changes....

Guys. Fun Fact for you.
Players Play to have Fun.
If they dont have Fun. They simply Stop Playing after a short time.
If Players that dont want to do PvP are Forced onto a PvP Server the only thing you get is that the Players will all Leave the Game and you will be there with even less Enemies for PvP than before because they also take along their PvPing Friends and the remaining PvP Players end up forced to take over the PvE Grind that they did before thus having less time to go Fighting.

Guys Seriously.
The Death of any PvP Game is to have Unrestricted PvP and Unrestricted Destruction of Assets.
Games like these are NEVER FAIR. So if there is no Game Mechanics that Limit Destruction and Killing of others. This Results in a Simple and Typical Only the Strongest Survives Challenge.
Meaning that the Game will very Soon end up with just 2 or 3 Guilds on the Entire Server because everyone else just Quit in Frustration as they never even get Big enough to stand the Slightest Chance against these few Established Powers.

And especially New Players that might do PvP are Killed and Bashed out of the Game when there is no Proper Restrictions.
Because if I get Killed 3 or 4 times for no Reason before I can even Fight back.
Then Yeah guess what. I.ll Say Screw this Crab I am out.
And you got one less Player again. And again. And again.

No PvP Restrictions are like Unrestricted Fishing.
The Industry will just Empty the Ocean in no Time till there is nothing left.
The Less Restrictions are on PvP. The Faster PvP will completely Die because people that are not completely Hardcore PvP Maniacs just leave Frustrated.
And Hardcore PvP maniacs are an Insanely Small Minority in Gaming which has 1000 Games to choose from many of which provide far better Combat Systems and Mechanics.

Seriously Guys.
Stop constantly demanding that other Players are Forced to become PvP Content for you.
The Players which will tolerate PvP are doing so by themselves if they just get Incentives Offered.
The Players which want to do actively want to do PvP will learn PvP and be Joining the Fray when they are Ready to do so.

And The Guys which dont want to do PvP.
WILL NOT DO PVP NO MATTER HOW MUCH YOU TRY TO FORCE THEM.
BECAUSE IF YOU FORCE THEM THEY WILL LEAVE THIS GAME ENTIRELY AND THEN YOU GOT EVEN LESS PVP.

Greetz Sun
Pls dont kill this Game by making it an Empty and Dead PvP Arena. The niche of players is so incredible small that it hardly supports one such game. And we already got 10 or so on the Market....

VindicteMortis
True Believer

Re: Guys Seriously. Forcing Players in a Game NEVER works!

Post by VindicteMortis » 13 Aug 2018, 18:13

cringe

WestArcher

Post by WestArcher » 13 Aug 2018, 18:40

I agree with you on alignment.
Really needs to have the skill drop removed and a reworks to make alignment do something else that's interesting/important and have that penalized on death instead (alignment insurance?)

and as far as town claim protection goes I think it does need some protection but toned down some.
Ability to damage structures on Town TO HALF during JH and maybe able to loot non-moveables once the durability on the structure is at half could possibly be a good compromise. iunno

Sunleader
Zealous Believer

Post by Sunleader » 13 Aug 2018, 22:13

WestArcher wrote:I agree with you on alignment.
Really needs to have the skill drop removed and a reworks to make alignment do something else that's interesting/important and have that penalized on death instead (alignment insurance?)

and as far as town claim protection goes I think it does need some protection but toned down some.
Ability to damage structures on Town TO HALF during JH and maybe able to loot non-moveables once the durability on the structure is at half could possibly be a good compromise. iunno

Maybe you Should Read the Entire Post and not just the First few Lines....

If we Removed Alignment or Toned down Claim Protection any more you can Kiss this Game Goodbye.

In case you Guys didnt notice.
But when this Game Started there as Thousands of Players.
And they all Build up Stuff.
And Guess what.
Almost 100% of the Guilds and Players which left their Claim just once to whatever reason immediately Quit the Game.

Thanks to that we now got not even 1000 Players Average Online.

After them Implementing Green Servers the Player Population Finally came back up because Guilds dont need to Worry about their Claim being Destroyed anymore and thus actually started Building stuff again.

Small Hint.
Right now in this Moment.
We got 850 Players Online on EU Servers.
300 are on Red Server and 540 on Green Servers.
(10 being on Newbe Island)

Take a Guess why more People Play on Green Servers than on Red Servers.
I.ll give you a tip.
Its not because they want to be able to Destroy Claims or go around RPKing without Alignment Penalty.
Because thats the Abilities you got on Red Servers.
Pls dont kill this Game by making it an Empty and Dead PvP Arena. The niche of players is so incredible small that it hardly supports one such game. And we already got 10 or so on the Market....

Return to General Discussion