Guys Seriously. Forcing Players in a Game NEVER works!

General discussion about Life is Feudal MMO and Life is Feudal: Your Own, The main section and backbone of the forums.

sunleader
Zealous Believer
 
Posts: 180
Joined: 13 May 2017, 09:49

Guys Seriously. Forcing Players in a Game NEVER works!

Post by sunleader » 13 Aug 2018, 00:18

Each time I check. I see yet the same People Propagating.

To Remove Town and Private Claim Protection and allow everything to be Destroyed during JH.
To Remove the Alignment Penalties and allow Killing everyone everywhere without Consequences.
To Remove Green Servers and only have PvP Servers.


Guys.
Seriously.
Sometimes I really wonder why People are so Incomprehensible and Blind that they apparently really think they would get more PvP Enemies if they did stupid crab like the aforementioned changes....



1.
Guys. Fun Fact for you.
Players Play to have Fun.
If they dont have Fun. They simply Stop Playing after a short time.
If Players that dont want to do PvP are Forced onto a PvP Server the only thing you get is that the Players will all Leave the Game and you will be there with even less Enemies for PvP than before because they also take along their PvPing Friends and the remaining PvP Players end up forced to take over the PvE Grind that they did before thus having less time to go Fighting.

2.
Guys Seriously.
The Death of any PvP Game is to have Unrestricted PvP and Unrestricted Destruction of Assets.
Games like these are NEVER FAIR. So if there is no Game Mechanics that Limit Destruction and Killing of others. This Results in a Simple and Typical Only the Strongest Survives Challenge.
Meaning that the Game will very Soon end up with just 2 or 3 Guilds on the Entire Server because everyone else just Quit in Frustration as they never even get Big enough to stand the Slightest Chance against these few Established Powers.

And especially New Players that might do PvP are Killed and Bashed out of the Game when there is no Proper Restrictions.
Because if I get Killed 3 or 4 times for no Reason before I can even Fight back.
Then Yeah guess what. I.ll Say Screw this Crab I am out.
And you got one less Player again. And again. And again.

No PvP Restrictions are like Unrestricted Fishing.
The Industry will just Empty the Ocean in no Time till there is nothing left.
The Less Restrictions are on PvP. The Faster PvP will completely Die because people that are not completely Hardcore PvP Maniacs just leave Frustrated.
And Hardcore PvP maniacs are an Insanely Small Minority in Gaming which has 1000 Games to choose from many of which provide far better Combat Systems and Mechanics.





Seriously Guys.
Stop constantly demanding that other Players are Forced to become PvP Content for you.
The Players which will tolerate PvP are doing so by themselves if they just get Incentives Offered.
The Players which want to do actively want to do PvP will learn PvP and be Joining the Fray when they are Ready to do so.

And The Guys which dont want to do PvP.
WILL NOT DO PVP NO MATTER HOW MUCH YOU TRY TO FORCE THEM.
BECAUSE IF YOU FORCE THEM THEY WILL LEAVE THIS GAME ENTIRELY AND THEN YOU GOT EVEN LESS PVP.


Greetz Sun
Pls dont kill this Game by making it an Empty and Dead PvP Arena. The niche of players is so incredible small that it hardly supports one such game. And we already got 10 or so on the Market....


VindicteMortis
True Believer
 
Posts: 114
Joined: 29 Sep 2014, 13:51

Re: Guys Seriously. Forcing Players in a Game NEVER works!

Post by VindicteMortis » 13 Aug 2018, 18:13

cringe

User avatar
WestArcher
 
Posts: 108
Joined: 02 Jul 2016, 17:04

Re: Guys Seriously. Forcing Players in a Game NEVER works!

Post by WestArcher » 13 Aug 2018, 18:40

I agree with you on alignment.
Really needs to have the skill drop removed and a reworks to make alignment do something else that's interesting/important and have that penalized on death instead (alignment insurance?)

and as far as town claim protection goes I think it does need some protection but toned down some.
Ability to damage structures on Town TO HALF during JH and maybe able to loot non-moveables once the durability on the structure is at half could possibly be a good compromise. iunno


sunleader
Zealous Believer
 
Posts: 180
Joined: 13 May 2017, 09:49

Re: Guys Seriously. Forcing Players in a Game NEVER works!

Post by sunleader » 13 Aug 2018, 22:13

WestArcher wrote:I agree with you on alignment.
Really needs to have the skill drop removed and a reworks to make alignment do something else that's interesting/important and have that penalized on death instead (alignment insurance?)

and as far as town claim protection goes I think it does need some protection but toned down some.
Ability to damage structures on Town TO HALF during JH and maybe able to loot non-moveables once the durability on the structure is at half could possibly be a good compromise. iunno


Maybe you Should Read the Entire Post and not just the First few Lines....

If we Removed Alignment or Toned down Claim Protection any more you can Kiss this Game Goodbye.


In case you Guys didnt notice.
But when this Game Started there as Thousands of Players.
And they all Build up Stuff.
And Guess what.
Almost 100% of the Guilds and Players which left their Claim just once to whatever reason immediately Quit the Game.

Thanks to that we now got not even 1000 Players Average Online.

After them Implementing Green Servers the Player Population Finally came back up because Guilds dont need to Worry about their Claim being Destroyed anymore and thus actually started Building stuff again.


Small Hint.
Right now in this Moment.
We got 850 Players Online on EU Servers.
300 are on Red Server and 540 on Green Servers.
(10 being on Newbe Island)


Take a Guess why more People Play on Green Servers than on Red Servers.
I.ll give you a tip.
Its not because they want to be able to Destroy Claims or go around RPKing without Alignment Penalty.
Because thats the Abilities you got on Red Servers.
Pls dont kill this Game by making it an Empty and Dead PvP Arena. The niche of players is so incredible small that it hardly supports one such game. And we already got 10 or so on the Market....

User avatar
WestArcher
 
Posts: 108
Joined: 02 Jul 2016, 17:04

Re: Guys Seriously. Forcing Players in a Game NEVER works!

Post by WestArcher » 16 Aug 2018, 23:51

You don't really see much getting destroyed on red servers though.
Nearly every claim goes untouched aside from a few that main alliances on the server are attacking.
There really isn't all that much pvp on the red servers aside from 1 or 2 hot spot fobs. Outposts get a little bit of action but at most it's just during JH.

I would argue that the biggest reason people flock towards green is for 2 reasons. 1 being that people just want to build or watch their skill number go up (it can be a bit addicting) and 2 those who don't want to buy premium or insurance DON't want to grind out Grandmaster on a skill all over again if they die, so rather than risk it in a red server where there is more action they would rather play on green where it's safer.

Grinding Grandmaster sucks, some skills are better than other but it's still a significant time investment. Even losing half a point in the 90+ range is a terrible grind.

Consider this as well if you're going to pull the player numbers game, and I've always felt this game has had a lot of inspiration drawn from it as well.

There are 2 private server for ultima online which at this point in time is a very niche and obscure thing.
UO:Renaissance and UO: Forever
As far as I know, both these games have full loot, completely unrestricted pvp.
But you do not lose skill, just your gear, which can suck especially if you had expensive stuff but it's not too difficult bouncing back.
The important thing is you weren't forced to grind all the way back up to grand master each time you died, you just had to replace the gear.

and most of the time these servers (especially UO:Forever) boast much more players than we do on our peak hours. Even if you assume the majority of them are multiboxing. Niche/Obscure private servers for a game that came out in 1997!

People have fun fighting just as much as they enjoy building or crafting, but I doubt anyone has fun grinding each time they die. Especially if they don't want to buy premium or insurance.

Which is why I feel the world would be more lively if skill drop was removed even on green servers and something along the lines of a rework of alignment was introduced (give alignment interesting features both for positive and negative and have it "drop" instead or skill on death with heavier penalties the more you have (positive/negative))

User avatar
Monco
 
Posts: 113
Joined: 28 Oct 2017, 19:33

Re: Guys Seriously. Forcing Players in a Game NEVER works!

Post by Monco » 19 Aug 2018, 01:22

Sunleader wrote:To Remove the Alignment Penalties and allow Killing everyone everywhere without Consequences.

If you genuinely believe that the alignment system is there to protect newbies, or players who are not interested in PvP then you are a fool.
The alignment system is just a "fraud" to enforce players to buy insurance or the subscription (which gives an insurance too), it's a way to make money.
Especially as a new player the alignment system hurts you more then it helps you because if you get killed the skill loss is quite bad given the fact that you start with 0 alignment. If you're a player who is not interested in PvP then there's a high chance you will be interested in the crafting aspect of the game and it's very likely that you'd have very high skills in your crafting tree, and what annoys you most when you die? The skill loss because it would require a big amount of time to level up your skills again.
The alignment system is an obstacle to the game and the gameplay, even devs said it doesn't make the game comfortable, take what Elizabeth (Laskin) said for exemple for the Iriy event:

"Each registered participant will receive Death Insurance from the Life is Feudal team for a comfortable gameplay during the event from the Life is Feudal team."

It's the good old "we put an obstacle in the game and offer you a way to overcome it for real money", it's just a way to make money.
Now i'm not saying they shouldn't be making money, but i really feel like they should find other ways of doing it, ways which would hurt the game less and would feel less "greedy".

Sunleader wrote:To Remove Green Servers and only have PvP Servers.

We were promised 1 server for EU and 1 server for NA, it's ovious that people are mad when the population is so split.
The map was originally designed for 10000 players and now we have way too many servers which can't even reach 600-700 players most of the time, that's bad and really hurts the game for a completely PLAYER DRIVEN sandbox, the lesser the players the lesser the content and possibilities of gameplay.
The option of opening new servers was probably taken in a rush while realizing that their servers could handle only around 3.5k players before starting to lag massively (pop was around 3.5-4.5k back then in EU) but they didn't consider the fact that people would have left anyways with time and they opened too many leading to what we have now, a bunch of empty servers, best option would be a merge and keeping 1 Red and 1 Green server per region (eu/na).

Sunleader wrote:1.
Guys. Fun Fact for you.
Players Play to have Fun.
If they dont have Fun. They simply Stop Playing after a short time.
If Players that dont want to do PvP are Forced onto a PvP Server the only thing you get is that the Players will all Leave the Game and you will be there with even less Enemies for PvP than before because they also take along their PvPing Friends


You say players play to have fun and that is true, while "PvE" (more like crafting and building because there is no real PvE in the game apart from hunting) players have fun in crafting, building and maybe trading, PvP players have fun in fighting, so literally the same can be said for PvP players, if they feel like the game is too limited and too protective they will stop playing.
You will lose players one way or the other there is no way you can cater and make happy both types of players at the same time and on the same environment.
Also the game doesn't offer ANY PvE endgame, you cannot deny the fact that PvP is the real endgame of Life is Feudal at least at his current state. The only "PvEish" type of endgame which i am able to imagine would be trading, and that would be way more incentivated if the game economy would work properly.

Sunleader wrote:and the remaining PvP Players end up forced to take over the PvE Grind that they did before thus having less time to go Fighting.


You are assuming that all PvP players don't take part in "the PvE Grind", that statement is also actually incorrect since only few established guilds can afford to have people only taking part in the PvP aspect of the game while not helping with "PvE Tasks", but I don't disagree that doing PvE takes away potential PvP time.

Sunleader wrote:2.
Guys Seriously.
The Death of any PvP Game is to have Unrestricted PvP and Unrestricted Destruction of Assets.
Games like these are NEVER FAIR. So if there is no Game Mechanics that Limit Destruction and Killing of others. This Results in a Simple and Typical Only the Strongest Survives Challenge.
Meaning that the Game will very Soon end up with just 2 or 3 Guilds on the Entire Server because everyone else just Quit in Frustration as they never even get Big enough to stand the Slightest Chance against these few Established Powers.
And especially New Players that might do PvP are Killed and Bashed out of the Game when there is no Proper Restrictions.
Because if I get Killed 3 or 4 times for no Reason before I can even Fight back.
Then Yeah guess what. I.ll Say Screw this Crab I am out.
And you got one less Player again. And again. And again.

No PvP Restrictions are like Unrestricted Fishing.
The Industry will just Empty the Ocean in no Time till there is nothing left.
The Less Restrictions are on PvP. The Faster PvP will completely Die because people that are not completely Hardcore PvP Maniacs just leave Frustrated.
And Hardcore PvP maniacs are an Insanely Small Minority in Gaming which has 1000 Games to choose from many of which provide far better Combat Systems and Mechanics.


Bobik basically shared your same point of view with his "Sheep and Wolf Theory".
In short words basically he believes that Wolves would "eat or scare away" all sheeps causing a massive population drop and bringing the game from a MMO to a MO with only "the strongest" still able to play and "survive".
That's why he decided to fill his game with excessive layers of protection for players, but in the end that only backfired because it ended up limiting the sandbox experience too much, and limiting potential content aswell.
His game had a massive population drop anywyas and that is not due to his "sheep and wolf" theory but instead to big core issues that the game has, Lag and stability, non working economy, horrible newbie game experience and general lack of content just to name a few.
As an hardcore PvPer i would personally like unrestricted PvP, but IF there has to be some kind of protection to "keep the game alive" that has to be minimal to prevent the exploit of protection.

Sunleader wrote:Seriously Guys.
Stop constantly demanding that other Players are Forced to become PvP Content for you.
The Players which will tolerate PvP are doing so by themselves if they just get Incentives Offered.
The Players which want to do actively want to do PvP will learn PvP and be Joining the Fray when they are Ready to do so.
And The Guys which dont want to do PvP.
WILL NOT DO PVP NO MATTER HOW MUCH YOU TRY TO FORCE THEM.
BECAUSE IF YOU FORCE THEM THEY WILL LEAVE THIS GAME ENTIRELY AND THEN YOU GOT EVEN LESS PVP.


Consensual PvP is way different then "unexpected PvP" and it's more close to a certain way to a RPPVP experience then a pure PvP one.
You will ALWAYS have non consensual PvP, if the PvP would be purely consensual you would see very few people interested in it.
Anyways what you're stating above literally makes no sense because it goes against the general concept of the game.
The resources are many but they are still limited so one way or another it's going to be very likely that players would have to compete for some kind of resource whether they like it or not.
So one way or another it's very likely that some people will always be forced in a PvP situation whether they enjoy it or not.

User avatar
Monco
 
Posts: 113
Joined: 28 Oct 2017, 19:33

Re: Guys Seriously. Forcing Players in a Game NEVER works!

Post by Monco » 19 Aug 2018, 02:03

Sunleader wrote:In case you Guys didnt notice.
But when this Game Started there as Thousands of Players.
And they all Build up Stuff.
And Guess what.
Almost 100% of the Guilds and Players which left their Claim just once to whatever reason immediately Quit the Game.
Thanks to that we now got not even 1000 Players Average Online.


You are assuming that the only content the game can offer is the Building Phase so you're assuimg that people would like to build castles over castles just for the sake of it without the need of using them for what they should literally be made for. I think that's not the intended concept of the game and that's why i'm telling you once more time that the real endgame of this game is PvP and mechanics that lead to sieges.
While some people may find RP or keeping on building stuff as their endgame, I really don't think that's what it's supposed to be, that's why you also saw the big population drop especially after February because at the time most people were just done with the building phase and simply the endgame wasn't there (game is still in beta after all) at the time being so they ended up quitting because they didn't have anything to do with the stuff they crafted or built.

Sunleader wrote:After them Implementing Green Servers the Player Population Finally came back up because Guilds dont need to Worry about their Claim being Destroyed anymore and thus actually started Building stuff again.


I don't know what game you are playing or if you're simply a fool, but "the Player Population" didn't come back and is definitely not rising.
Take the steam charts for example https://steamcharts.com/app/700030#All
So you believe that the "main attraction" of the game is Building stuff which can't be destroyed, and that would be what will bring the biggest amount of people to the game, very strange given the fact that this is still how they advertise their game:
"Free PvP and full loot, sieges and raids, complex crafting and an unforgiven no-target, physics-based combat system are just some of features that add to the testing nature of Life is Feudal."
-from https://lifeisfeudal.com/game-info

Why do you think they are not advertising their game with something like "Build dozens of indestructible castles, restricted PvP, no sieges and raids", maybe because that would attract very few players?

Sunleader wrote:Small Hint.
Right now in this Moment.
We got 850 Players Online on EU Servers.
300 are on Red Server and 540 on Green Servers.
(10 being on Newbe Island)

Take a Guess why more People Play on Green Servers than on Red Servers.
I.ll give you a tip.
Its not because they want to be able to Destroy Claims or go around RPKing without Alignment Penalty.
Because thats the Abilities you got on Red Servers.


Most people in the Red server play only during JH or IBs, it's basically the general endgame content that the game offers at his current state.
Also you're comparing the population of 3 green servers to the population of 1 red server (during non JH time).


sunleader
Zealous Believer
 
Posts: 180
Joined: 13 May 2017, 09:49

Re: Guys Seriously. Forcing Players in a Game NEVER works!

Post by sunleader » 20 Aug 2018, 23:40

Monco wrote:
Sunleader wrote:To Remove the Alignment Penalties and allow Killing everyone everywhere without Consequences.

If you genuinely believe that the alignment system is there to protect newbies, or players who are not interested in PvP then you are a fool.
The alignment system is just a "fraud" to enforce players to buy insurance or the subscription (which gives an insurance too), it's a way to make money.
Especially as a new player the alignment system hurts you more then it helps you because if you get killed the skill loss is quite bad given the fact that you start with 0 alignment. If you're a player who is not interested in PvP then there's a high chance you will be interested in the crafting aspect of the game and it's very likely that you'd have very high skills in your crafting tree, and what annoys you most when you die? The skill loss because it would require a big amount of time to level up your skills again.
The alignment system is an obstacle to the game and the gameplay, even devs said it doesn't make the game comfortable, take what Elizabeth (Laskin) said for exemple for the Iriy event:

"Each registered participant will receive Death Insurance from the Life is Feudal team for a comfortable gameplay during the event from the Life is Feudal team."

It's the good old "we put an obstacle in the game and offer you a way to overcome it for real money", it's just a way to make money.
Now i'm not saying they shouldn't be making money, but i really feel like they should find other ways of doing it, ways which would hurt the game less and would feel less "greedy".

Sunleader wrote:To Remove Green Servers and only have PvP Servers.

We were promised 1 server for EU and 1 server for NA, it's ovious that people are mad when the population is so split.
The map was originally designed for 10000 players and now we have way too many servers which can't even reach 600-700 players most of the time, that's bad and really hurts the game for a completely PLAYER DRIVEN sandbox, the lesser the players the lesser the content and possibilities of gameplay.
The option of opening new servers was probably taken in a rush while realizing that their servers could handle only around 3.5k players before starting to lag massively (pop was around 3.5-4.5k back then in EU) but they didn't consider the fact that people would have left anyways with time and they opened too many leading to what we have now, a bunch of empty servers, best option would be a merge and keeping 1 Red and 1 Green server per region (eu/na).

Sunleader wrote:1.
Guys. Fun Fact for you.
Players Play to have Fun.
If they dont have Fun. They simply Stop Playing after a short time.
If Players that dont want to do PvP are Forced onto a PvP Server the only thing you get is that the Players will all Leave the Game and you will be there with even less Enemies for PvP than before because they also take along their PvPing Friends


You say players play to have fun and that is true, while "PvE" (more like crafting and building because there is no real PvE in the game apart from hunting) players have fun in crafting, building and maybe trading, PvP players have fun in fighting, so literally the same can be said for PvP players, if they feel like the game is too limited and too protective they will stop playing.
You will lose players one way or the other there is no way you can cater and make happy both types of players at the same time and on the same environment.
Also the game doesn't offer ANY PvE endgame, you cannot deny the fact that PvP is the real endgame of Life is Feudal at least at his current state. The only "PvEish" type of endgame which i am able to imagine would be trading, and that would be way more incentivated if the game economy would work properly.

Sunleader wrote:and the remaining PvP Players end up forced to take over the PvE Grind that they did before thus having less time to go Fighting.


You are assuming that all PvP players don't take part in "the PvE Grind", that statement is also actually incorrect since only few established guilds can afford to have people only taking part in the PvP aspect of the game while not helping with "PvE Tasks", but I don't disagree that doing PvE takes away potential PvP time.

Sunleader wrote:2.
Guys Seriously.
The Death of any PvP Game is to have Unrestricted PvP and Unrestricted Destruction of Assets.
Games like these are NEVER FAIR. So if there is no Game Mechanics that Limit Destruction and Killing of others. This Results in a Simple and Typical Only the Strongest Survives Challenge.
Meaning that the Game will very Soon end up with just 2 or 3 Guilds on the Entire Server because everyone else just Quit in Frustration as they never even get Big enough to stand the Slightest Chance against these few Established Powers.
And especially New Players that might do PvP are Killed and Bashed out of the Game when there is no Proper Restrictions.
Because if I get Killed 3 or 4 times for no Reason before I can even Fight back.
Then Yeah guess what. I.ll Say Screw this Crab I am out.
And you got one less Player again. And again. And again.

No PvP Restrictions are like Unrestricted Fishing.
The Industry will just Empty the Ocean in no Time till there is nothing left.
The Less Restrictions are on PvP. The Faster PvP will completely Die because people that are not completely Hardcore PvP Maniacs just leave Frustrated.
And Hardcore PvP maniacs are an Insanely Small Minority in Gaming which has 1000 Games to choose from many of which provide far better Combat Systems and Mechanics.


Bobik basically shared your same point of view with his "Sheep and Wolf Theory".
In short words basically he believes that Wolves would "eat or scare away" all sheeps causing a massive population drop and bringing the game from a MMO to a MO with only "the strongest" still able to play and "survive".
That's why he decided to fill his game with excessive layers of protection for players, but in the end that only backfired because it ended up limiting the sandbox experience too much, and limiting potential content aswell.
His game had a massive population drop anywyas and that is not due to his "sheep and wolf" theory but instead to big core issues that the game has, Lag and stability, non working economy, horrible newbie game experience and general lack of content just to name a few.
As an hardcore PvPer i would personally like unrestricted PvP, but IF there has to be some kind of protection to "keep the game alive" that has to be minimal to prevent the exploit of protection.

Sunleader wrote:Seriously Guys.
Stop constantly demanding that other Players are Forced to become PvP Content for you.
The Players which will tolerate PvP are doing so by themselves if they just get Incentives Offered.
The Players which want to do actively want to do PvP will learn PvP and be Joining the Fray when they are Ready to do so.
And The Guys which dont want to do PvP.
WILL NOT DO PVP NO MATTER HOW MUCH YOU TRY TO FORCE THEM.
BECAUSE IF YOU FORCE THEM THEY WILL LEAVE THIS GAME ENTIRELY AND THEN YOU GOT EVEN LESS PVP.


Consensual PvP is way different then "unexpected PvP" and it's more close to a certain way to a RPPVP experience then a pure PvP one.
You will ALWAYS have non consensual PvP, if the PvP would be purely consensual you would see very few people interested in it.
Anyways what you're stating above literally makes no sense because it goes against the general concept of the game.
The resources are many but they are still limited so one way or another it's going to be very likely that players would have to compete for some kind of resource whether they like it or not.
So one way or another it's very likely that some people will always be forced in a PvP situation whether they enjoy it or not.


1.
Get a Tinfoil Head if you want.
But spare us the conspiracy theories.
The Insurance is a joke if you run bad alignment...

2.
10k Players...
HahahahahahahahahajahahahahahahahahahajahahajJa
That small world could never handle 10k players.


3.
Again with the narrowminded idiocy that only combat is content...
I wonder why Sim City was so succesful....


4.
Its fun how you claim that i am wrong just to then prove me right....


5.
Its not a theory.
Its a proven fact tested in several other games.

And pls spare me the obvious lies.
This game has extremely limited protection.
Only safe thing that is hard to destroy is Town Claims because they require longterm sieges.
Everything else can be destroyed within a week.
On Red Servers even faster....


6.
Unexpected PvP when taking a Risk to gain something.
And Forced PvP becausr your always at risk is a massive difference.

The First is a thrilling challenge.
The second a frustrating experience....

Yours is the second case.


7.
I am merely stating the factual content for which PvE Players play this game.
You not getting that cuz to you the only content is combat is owed to your own narrowmindedness.


8.
The Steamcharts prove me right.
In July shen the Update h7t we gained users.

I tell you again.
If you consider the 25% loss from may to june as stable then there is something wrong with your head.

And that advertising is pretty true for the red server.
Thing is. Its not what players wanted. So the Devs changed the Game.

Simple Facts.
Wether you like it or not is irrelevant.


9.
There is 3 Green and 1 Red Server BECAUSE we got more Players that want Green Servers.
And using JH time would be idiotic because the only reason you got more people there is because its a forced focus time where people on Red Server are FORCED to be online to defend their stuff.
Which is exactly why many Players go Green because they aint interested in such crab.



Mate Face the Facts.
If this Game followed your Suggestions the Game would be Dead within Months.

Go Play Mortal Online.
Its doing things exactly like you want them to be here.
Go see there how successful that is.
Pls dont kill this Game by making it an Empty and Dead PvP Arena. The niche of players is so incredible small that it hardly supports one such game. And we already got 10 or so on the Market....

User avatar
Hodo
True Believer
 
Posts: 476
Joined: 12 Mar 2014, 21:49

Re: Guys Seriously. Forcing Players in a Game NEVER works!

Post by Hodo » 21 Aug 2018, 06:15

So let me get this straight.

You are suggesting that they make death penalties harsher? And increase the protection on town claims?

Because that wont work either. When they removed the ability for real open world combat they pretty much drove off 80% of the player population at that moment. And dont say they didnt, because you can look at the population numbers and see exactly when they nerfed bark box ladders and other such ways of attacking over walls.

As for reducing the number of servers down, well that is a good idea, IF they ever fixed the server stability issues with the number of players. Now they dont have 1/5th the players they had at launch let alone 2 months after launch. And the servers are nowhere near as stressed. Honestly if they just made each server continent different with different resources there would be enough reason for people to head to some servers and live there. Instead of having what, 6 different versions of the SAME map.

Sure the resources are mixed up a bit on them... like Iron maybe in a different spot than on the other maps.. but that isnt a big deal. When you talk about different resources I mean like. High quality iron only being found on the Red server. Or something like that.

And forcing players in a game DOES work. CCP has done it for 15+ years now. They FORCE players into PVP by putting any real money making opportunists out in Null and Low sec. They have VERY defined choke points that are camped constantly. And they also force players to interact with OTHER players to get their economy working.

LiF -MMO does none of those things.

The only thing it does is improve on the environment system that Wurm Online started YEARS ago.


Sunleader
 
Posts: 180
Joined: 04 Dec 2017, 08:23

Re: Guys Seriously. Forcing Players in a Game NEVER works!

Post by Sunleader » 21 Aug 2018, 11:20

Hodo wrote:So let me get this straight.

You are suggesting that they make death penalties harsher? And increase the protection on town claims?

Because that wont work either. When they removed the ability for real open world combat they pretty much drove off 80% of the player population at that moment. And dont say they didnt, because you can look at the population numbers and see exactly when they nerfed bark box ladders and other such ways of attacking over walls.

As for reducing the number of servers down, well that is a good idea, IF they ever fixed the server stability issues with the number of players. Now they dont have 1/5th the players they had at launch let alone 2 months after launch. And the servers are nowhere near as stressed. Honestly if they just made each server continent different with different resources there would be enough reason for people to head to some servers and live there. Instead of having what, 6 different versions of the SAME map.

Sure the resources are mixed up a bit on them... like Iron maybe in a different spot than on the other maps.. but that isnt a big deal. When you talk about different resources I mean like. High quality iron only being found on the Red server. Or something like that.

And forcing players in a game DOES work. CCP has done it for 15+ years now. They FORCE players into PVP by putting any real money making opportunists out in Null and Low sec. They have VERY defined choke points that are camped constantly. And they also force players to interact with OTHER players to get their economy working.

LiF -MMO does none of those things.

The only thing it does is improve on the environment system that Wurm Online started YEARS ago.



1.
I think Death Penalties currently are fine.
I also think current Protection for Towns and Claims is fine.

If you would actually bother reading you would notice I am merely asking people to stop demanding these Protections to be dropped.
I am not suggesting to increase them.


2.
Thats a Blatant Lie.
The Ability for Open World Combat has never been removed.
Unless of course you consider Ganking a small 3 Player Claim with 20 People as Real Open World PvP.
But in that case. Yeah get lost Griefer. Nobody needs you and nobody wants you.


As for the Fact.
After Initial Launch Joining of Players the Game has lost a consistent 20-30% each Month until the last Big Update where the Playernumbers for the First time since Launch actually Raised a bit.


So apparently the First Change ever affecting User Numbers has been the First Big Update which improved usercounts.



3.
Reducing the Number of Servers would work right now due to low user Counts.
But checking the Map. The Absolute Maximum for the current Map would be about 1000 Players Online at the same Time.
Which would be a bit less than 10k Active Players (Players dont play 24 Hours a Day)
Anything beyond that would simply end with a complete overcrowding because there would simply not be enough space for everyone to actually get Ressources and Build his House.

So before they can reduce Server Numbers and Run more Players on Servers they would first need to work around this by for example making the Capital City a Place where you can actually life.
So you dont need a Claim for each Player and thus dont end up with a Map thats so littered with Claims that nobody can move anymore.

The Red Server would likely support a somewhat larger Population due to the prohibited personal Claims.
Then again the Red Server will likely never reach any Population worth a second server anyways.


4.
And no.
Forcing a Player into a Game has never worked.
CCP has not done it for 15 Years either.
CCP is using extensive Protection of Player Assets.
EVE Online Player Stations are Invincible. They cannot be Destroyed.
And they are using extensive PvP Protection.
Entering PvP heavy Zones is profitable but not required.

And Killing others outside War can be hit with quite extreme Penalties.
Including that if your in the Secure Sectors you will end up being Hunted by NPC Forces and will be unable to even Warp etc.
So their Penalties for non consensual PvP are really quite Hefty.

Imagine if in Life is Feudal when you Attack someone. You constantly get Attacked by Heavy Armored and Armed Royal Guard NPCs.


They aint Forcing anyone to PvP and they aint actually forcing any Economic Interaction either.

They merely do have some things in the Economy that I myself suggested for Life is Feudal several times.
Which first of all is a properly working Market System to Sell AND BUY Stuff.

The Devs already listened and started adding stuff like Crates etc into the Market actually.
I hope they also go further and allow for Buy orders etc in the Future.


Sorry Mate.
I am not sure if your Lying about this stuff on Purpose to try and spread fake Information about this working somewhere.
Or if your simply trying to use a Game as example that you dont actually play and only know from news where its often sold as super Hardcore.

But what your saying so far is completely untrue.
EVE has FAR MORE PvP Restrictions and Asset Protection than Life is Feudal.

For Life is Feudal to Copy the System of EVE Online.
Any Claim be it Personal or Guild would be Completely Invulnearble.
There would be no JH at all meaning you always get full Penalty for any Crime.
And the Game World would be Set in Different Zones and have alot of NPC Cities with Shops etc.
Some of which are High Security and Low Security Zones.
And if you JUST ATTACK someone without him being Criminal or War Enemy.
You go Criminal.
Meaning that in High Security Zone you will be Hunted by NPCs all the time and be unable to use a Horse or Leave the Area
And regardless of Zone you will be Attacked by any City Guards or NPC Patrols on Sight.


But hey.
Keep Propagating for them to Copy EVE Online Systems.
I am alright with that.
I would love NPC Guards Patrolling the Map and Killing RPKs *gg*
Especially if these NPC Guards in the Green Areas automaticly Spawn close to RPKs and Hunt them Down.

User avatar
Agathius
 
Posts: 68
Joined: 22 Oct 2016, 20:15
Location: Grecc

Re: Guys Seriously. Forcing Players in a Game NEVER works!

Post by Agathius » 26 Aug 2018, 03:41

Well now, i read 'restricting ppl's fun makes them quit'.
Since most ppl want pvp, i suppose pvp shouldn't be restricted.

See, i knew we'd find reason in you. Case closed, pvp needs to be big and good so as to not limit ppl's fun and make carebears on top. We finally agree. Didn't need to read further. Cheers
πόλεμος πάντων μὲν πατήρ ἐστι, πάντων δὲ βασιλεύς


Sunleader
 
Posts: 180
Joined: 04 Dec 2017, 08:23

Re: Guys Seriously. Forcing Players in a Game NEVER works!

Post by Sunleader » 26 Aug 2018, 04:49

Agathius wrote:...



I just Read you would like to Remove PvP from the Game and Ban anyone trying to Barkbox over a Wall.
Thats an Awesome Idea.
Nobody wants to do PvP anyways.

Its nice to See that we can Agree on this so Good.

No reason to read anything beyond that.

User avatar
Agathius
 
Posts: 68
Joined: 22 Oct 2016, 20:15
Location: Grecc

Re: Guys Seriously. Forcing Players in a Game NEVER works!

Post by Agathius » 26 Aug 2018, 12:12

Yeah, nobody wants to do pvp. Am sure 'nobody' includes you and the voices in your head, but certainly not 80% of the populace :D
πόλεμος πάντων μὲν πατήρ ἐστι, πάντων δὲ βασιλεύς


Sunleader
 
Posts: 180
Joined: 04 Dec 2017, 08:23

Re: Guys Seriously. Forcing Players in a Game NEVER works!

Post by Sunleader » 26 Aug 2018, 18:34

Agathius wrote:Yeah, nobody wants to do pvp. Am sure 'nobody' includes you and the voices in your head, but certainly not 80% of the populace :D


Your the one who keeps saying that nobody wants to have PvP and that we should remove it.
I just so happen to agree.

Pls dont blame me for it when the voices in your Head are not in agreement.

User avatar
Agathius
 
Posts: 68
Joined: 22 Oct 2016, 20:15
Location: Grecc

Re: Guys Seriously. Forcing Players in a Game NEVER works!

Post by Agathius » 26 Aug 2018, 23:47

'You have not argued against me' He says :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL:

Take a look at his 'arguements' :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL: :lol: :lol:

1.
Get a Tinfoil Head if you want.
But spare us the conspiracy theories.
The Insurance is a joke if you run bad alignment...

2.
10k Players...
HahahahahahahahahajahahahahahahahahahajahahajJa
That small world could never handle 10k players.


3.
Again with the narrowminded idiocy that only combat is content...
I wonder why Sim City was so succesful....


4.
Its fun how you claim that i am wrong just to then prove me right....


5.
Its not a theory.
Its a proven fact tested in several other games.

And pls spare me the obvious lies.
This game has extremely limited protection.
Only safe thing that is hard to destroy is Town Claims because they require longterm sieges.
Everything else can be destroyed within a week.
On Red Servers even faster....


6.
Unexpected PvP when taking a Risk to gain something.
And Forced PvP becausr your always at risk is a massive difference.

The First is a thrilling challenge.
The second a frustrating experience....

Yours is the second case.


7.
I am merely stating the factual content for which PvE Players play this game.
You not getting that cuz to you the only content is combat is owed to your own narrowmindedness.


8.
The Steamcharts prove me right.
In July shen the Update h7t we gained users.

Just some lines of disrespect, misinformation and Carebearing to it's top. 'Arguements' guy says. 'Fake news' say i <3
πόλεμος πάντων μὲν πατήρ ἐστι, πάντων δὲ βασιλεύς


Sunleader
 
Posts: 180
Joined: 04 Dec 2017, 08:23

Re: Guys Seriously. Forcing Players in a Game NEVER works!

Post by Sunleader » 27 Aug 2018, 02:05

Agathius wrote:'You have not argued against me' He says :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL:

Take a look at his 'arguements' :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL: :lol: :lol:

1.
Get a Tinfoil Head if you want.
But spare us the conspiracy theories.
The Insurance is a joke if you run bad alignment...

2.
10k Players...
HahahahahahahahahajahahahahahahahahahajahahajJa
That small world could never handle 10k players.


3.
Again with the narrowminded idiocy that only combat is content...
I wonder why Sim City was so succesful....


4.
Its fun how you claim that i am wrong just to then prove me right....


5.
Its not a theory.
Its a proven fact tested in several other games.

And pls spare me the obvious lies.
This game has extremely limited protection.
Only safe thing that is hard to destroy is Town Claims because they require longterm sieges.
Everything else can be destroyed within a week.
On Red Servers even faster....


6.
Unexpected PvP when taking a Risk to gain something.
And Forced PvP becausr your always at risk is a massive difference.

The First is a thrilling challenge.
The second a frustrating experience....

Yours is the second case.


7.
I am merely stating the factual content for which PvE Players play this game.
You not getting that cuz to you the only content is combat is owed to your own narrowmindedness.


8.
The Steamcharts prove me right.
In July shen the Update h7t we gained users.

Just some lines of disrespect, misinformation and Carebearing to it's top. 'Arguements' guy says. 'Fake news' say i <3



You should Candidate for US Presidency.

Return to General Discussion

cron