[MMO] Melee Hit Detection, Interesting Gathering, Fixes and More! (0.11.3.1)

Everything you need to know about what’s happening in Life is Feudal.
Arrakis

[MMO] Melee Hit Detection, Interesting Gathering, Fixes and More! (0.11.3.1)

Post by Arrakis » 26 Jan 2018, 11:51

Life is Feudal: MMO

The recent optimization of our servers’ performance unfortunately created a nasty side effect - melee weapon hit detection precision was lowered drastically. In order to fix this, we had to implement an additional interpolation mechanism that not only returned the precision of the hit detection to the prior optimization level but improved it even more!

For a while we have wanted to make basic gathering abilities a bit more fun and more involving for players, removing the possibility of mindless macroing a single cell until the quality drops to zero.
Thus, we’ve created three gathering abilities that work in a similar way to the original - activating this ability will reveal hidden plants and materials around you, so make sure to walk around to spot and collect these resources now.

Patch Notes (ver. 0.11.3.1):

New Features and Tweaks:
  • Reworked three gathering abilities (Search for something Edible, Search for Materials, Search for Herbs). All of these abilities work the same way as the original gathering of alchemy ingredients worked. ‘Targeting’ the tile triggers the visibility of corresponding plants in the area, which you now manually gather
  • Updated the list of weapons that can be maintained by the Equipment Maintain ability
  • Added a movable wooden stair module that can be placed freely in your settlement
Bug Fixes and Optimizations:
  • Fixed (and even improved!) the hit detection algorithm of melee weapons. After dealing with a previous issue, we realized hit detection deteriorated, but - silver lining - after addressing this, we now expect it to be even better than before!
  • One of the most frequent dispatcher server crashes is now fixed
  • Fixed an exploit where players were able to get inside houses while crashing into them on a horse running full speed
  • Standings and alignment calculations should work properly now when vassals of two kingdoms at war are fighting each other (there should be no alignment loss)
  • /stuck and disconnect in an enemy town claim now moves you outside of the town claim (into a realm claim) on the SAME side (not on a random side as it was before)
  • Some internal systems were updated and tweaked for better logging and MMO server operation
  • Fixed, and updated, collisions of many buildings in the game, including windmills, wall sections and gates
  • Some Spanish and Polish languages localization fixes
— The team

Sturmfyrer

Re: Melee Hit Detection, Interesting Gathering, Fixes and More! (0.11.3.1)

Post by Sturmfyrer » 26 Jan 2018, 12:00

Is there any plan to fix the claims? becouse now its almost impossible to sort out stuff for smaller tribes

Grumzombie

Post by Grumzombie » 26 Jan 2018, 12:05

Welldone

GeordieMarv

Post by GeordieMarv » 26 Jan 2018, 12:09

Sturmfyrer wrote:Is there any plan to fix the claims? becouse now its almost impossible to sort out stuff for smaller tribes

They don't seem to care, unfortunately for us.
Please fix personal claims rights. For the love of god it's been broken for over 2 weeks.

You still let people buy a second character from website even though they cant be added to the claim.

Can we please have an ETA on when this will be fixed? I'm sick of waiting to be able to have my second character access and use anything in my settlement.

I also get connection error. Error code: (CR_INVALID_VERSION) after this patch when I run launcher. Tried to verify game files in steam...says 2000 + files unverified and need to be redownloaded. So did that. Ran launcher...same error. So completely deleted the game from steam...reinstalled and still get connection error. Error code: (CR_INVALID_VERSION).

[Image

WTF
Last edited by GeordieMarv on 26 Jan 2018, 12:46, edited 3 times in total.

Ssv
Beta Tester

Post by Ssv » 26 Jan 2018, 12:23

Собирать по одному камню для пращи - вы это серьезно?!
Т.е. теперь лучников больше не будет ибо я не представляю как вкачать пращу в 60 при таком сборе камней...

Walone

Post by Walone » 26 Jan 2018, 12:26

thanks for look into the hitbox problem arrakis!

KaCaTuK
True Believer

Post by KaCaTuK » 26 Jan 2018, 12:31

Arrakis wrote:Life is Feudal: MMO

The recent optimization of our servers’ performance unfortunately created a nasty side effect - melee weapon hit detection precision was lowered drastically. In order to fix this, we had to implement an additional interpolation mechanism that not only returned the precision of the hit detection to the prior optimization level but improved it even more!

For a while we have wanted to make basic gathering abilities a bit more fun and more involving for players, removing the possibility of mindless macroing a single cell until the quality drops to zero.
Thus, we’ve created three gathering abilities that work in a similar way to the original - activating this ability will reveal hidden plants and materials around you, so make sure to walk around to spot and collect these resources now.

Patch Notes (ver. 0.11.3.1):

New Features and Tweaks:
  • Reworked three gathering abilities (Search for something Edible, Search for Materials, Search for Herbs). All of these abilities work the same way as the original gathering of alchemy ingredients worked. ‘Targeting’ the tile triggers the visibility of corresponding plants in the area, which you now manually gather
  • Updated the list of weapons that can be maintained by the Equipment Maintain ability
  • Added a movable wooden stair module that can be placed freely in your settlement
Bug Fixes and Optimizations:
  • Fixed (and even improved!) the hit detection algorithm of melee weapons. After dealing with a previous issue, we realized hit detection deteriorated, but - silver lining - after addressing this, we now expect it to be even better than before!
  • One of the most frequent dispatcher server crashes is now fixed
  • Fixed an exploit where players were able to get inside houses while crashing into them on a horse running full speed
  • Standings and alignment calculations should work properly now when vassals of two kingdoms at war are fighting each other (there should be no alignment loss)
  • /stuck and disconnect in an enemy town claim now moves you outside of the town claim (into a realm claim) on the SAME side (not on a random side as it was before)
  • Some internal systems were updated and tweaked for better logging and MMO server operation
  • Fixed, and updated, collisions of many buildings in the game, including windmills, wall sections and gates
  • Some Spanish and Polish languages localization fixes
— The team

Полная жопа терперь навык травничество нахуй не нежен ,растительные волокна уже 100 качества не собрать .охота полностью убита<разрабьы я их маму ебал

Painterpuppets

Post by Painterpuppets » 26 Jan 2018, 12:41

This game makes me feel tired more and more like work

Neida

Post by Neida » 26 Jan 2018, 12:47

I'm crying in all languages I know... I will miss the afk farming

Sturmfyrer

Post by Sturmfyrer » 26 Jan 2018, 12:48

thanks
Last edited by Sturmfyrer on 26 Jan 2018, 13:02, edited 1 time in total.

Ombror

Post by Ombror » 26 Jan 2018, 12:52

concerning gathering :

=> good thing to make everything appear, because there's no more 99% fails to collect mushrooms, beries...

=> no more auto click : why not ? with lots more chance to collect, it can be a good idea.

=> QUALITY : NOOOOOOOOOOO !!!!!

WTF ?? i'm nature's lore 100, made a place only with soil Q100, and i collect plant fiber with random quality from 78 to 90+. How can i collect Q100 silex ? fiber ? mushrooms ?

The idea is good : more chance to succeed, less brainless autoclick. But unfortunately, concerning quality and random stuff, it's one more time, one of the worst idea you had...

Good idea, but wrong gameplay.

If a need Q100 fiber, i will have about 33% fiber, 33% silex that i don't need and 33% sling's munition that i don't need. Also, on fiber i will have 99% quality fiber that i don't want. So i will throw away 99% of what i will gather. That's a uge problem to me, regarding quality, and aslo regarding the time i will LOOSE (not spend, really loose) doing that manually.

Please, light on your brain, test the game with us and modify this !

NatFaler

Post by NatFaler » 26 Jan 2018, 12:58

Усложнили в 100 раз поиск материалов, но при этом не понизили затраты ни на одни рецепт крафта. Раньше чтобы сделать 100 веревок нужно было афк простоять ~2 часа, а теперь 2 часа нужно бегать, искать, страдать рутинной фигней в общем(никто этим заниматься не собирается, клиперы как были так и останутся). К тому же качество продукта будет не 100 а от силы (если сделать целую поляну из 100 земли (опять таки, этим заниматься никто не будет)) ~60. Спасибо за еще одно замечательное обновление. Теперь афк фармеров будет в несколько раз больше.

Shareazza_28

Post by Shareazza_28 » 26 Jan 2018, 13:02

Can you explain how a natures law lvl 100 has a better chance of finding higher mats then a player with 60 and with only low-quality dirt?

Ombror

Post by Ombror » 26 Jan 2018, 13:02

sling's ammo being gathered 1 by 1 is also a pain in the ass, especially when we need 2000 ammos to train the sling skill. In my mind, i will need about 17h working manually to get random quality on sling's ammo instead of 10 minutes autoclick for fixed quality.

Uge mistake on your side !

ps : however good idea regarding wild plants (cabbage, flax....).
Last edited by Ombror on 26 Jan 2018, 13:20, edited 1 time in total.

Mustafaercoban
True Believer

Post by Mustafaercoban » 26 Jan 2018, 13:03

So fiber needs should be decreased of all matherials
Last edited by Mustafaercoban on 26 Jan 2018, 13:18, edited 1 time in total.

deletemeseriously

Post by deletemeseriously » 26 Jan 2018, 13:06

Natures lore changes need to be reversed, then we will talk.

Ordogg

Post by Ordogg » 26 Jan 2018, 13:15

OMG GATHERING MATERIALS SUCKS! FIX THIS
ROLL IT BACK
Last edited by Ordogg on 26 Jan 2018, 13:24, edited 1 time in total.

Antant

Post by Antant » 26 Jan 2018, 13:20

What next step? Wipe? New players leave game with this update. Old players with 100Q weapon and stuff kill everyone.
U need leave Quality alone - other things OK. And leave alone sling shells. To fast. Not to good.

Laisigor

Post by Laisigor » 26 Jan 2018, 13:21

Хватит убивать игру, Разработчики у вас реально нет больше дел как усложнять жизнь игрокам которых и так все меньше? Как качать пошив лучника итд бегая собирая по 1 травке камушку? Вы сами в эту игру играете? Вы реально думаете что игрокам нужен это бред по 1 травке собирать по километровым полям? после этой обновы играть вообще смысла не вижу... ибо встанет все производство кач итд..

NatFaler

Post by NatFaler » 26 Jan 2018, 13:25

Почему нельзя сделать так, чтобы вероятность нахождения трав зависела лишь от навыка ТРАВНИЧЕСТВО? А ЗНАНИЕ ПРИРОДЫ влияло бы уже на ШАНС заметить и КОЛИЧЕСТВО которое можно за раз собрать материалов? Сейчас просто нет никакого смысла иметь 100 знание природы. С этим просто необходимо что-то делать. Люди не будут по пол дня проводить в поле чтобы собрать пару жалких волокон и камешков низкого качества. Стимулируйте людей заниматься этим! Награждайте высокий уровень навыка знания природы. Люди не стерпят такое "нововведение".

GeordieMarv

Post by GeordieMarv » 26 Jan 2018, 13:26

The new way of gathering materials sucks so bad. It's going to take people like 100 times longer to get the things they want/need.

Whoever made this decision to change the way we gather plant fibers etc has made a HUGE mistake imho.

But you know, keep changing and adding pointless shit. I mean we really needed a much slower laborious way of gathering stuff OVER WORKING PERSONAL CLAIMS!

Falcion
True Believer

Post by Falcion » 26 Jan 2018, 13:32

So, siege stairs instead of siege ladders, just hours before 3 day JH? Nice move :)

Henjutsu
Zealous Believer

Post by Henjutsu » 26 Jan 2018, 13:52

This is the first time I feel compelled to remark that this update is terrible. With AFK gathering, we could normally devote our attention to something else like reading, watching videos, maybe even exercising. What is the point of making a pointless grinding activity an "involved" one? This is atrocious. Please have whoever came up with this idea subjected to 40 hours of non-stop gathering via this method and then collect the inevitable tears and use them to dispel the evil code from this world.

The only benefit from this which is helpful to us is being able to find specific vegetables to plant. Everything else about this gathering change makes life needlessly more difficult by tying us to the computer like leashed animals for a pointless and unrewarding task.

There are so many things that this stunts inadvertently, like tailoring, cooking, making coins, animal lore, combat training... It's like if you released a new truck model with a permanent 500lb rock attached to its bed as the new feature and called it "Interesting Driving".

Barlin
True Believer

Post by Barlin » 26 Jan 2018, 14:11

The search for seeds improved alot with the new system, but gathering plant fibers just got a big pain in the as*. Not only takes it years to gather hundreds of fibers (furnaces, armor ect) but the quality is also random. Please change the seach for plant fibers back to the old system, because right now the search is really no fun

P.s.: the new system would be fine if u increase the drop rate by 10 times- and do something about the random quality
Last edited by Barlin on 26 Jan 2018, 14:19, edited 1 time in total.

Hit_the_boten

Post by Hit_the_boten » 26 Jan 2018, 14:12

hello, wtf is this retarded sh5t!!!! the random quality is a lame concept.give us back the mindless afk farming and craproots i am canceling my subscription of 1 month when it ends. no more bullsh5t ideas ffs!

Walone

Post by Walone » 26 Jan 2018, 14:13

New people who needs a lot of basic stuff is leaving now cos this change and the gatherin of sling ammo 1by1 is retarded

ElvenNeko

Post by ElvenNeko » 26 Jan 2018, 14:29

Purely retarded update. They making hellish grindfest even more grindy, without adding anything to the actual gameplay. Nobody likes grind, and rewievs will prove that to you. I was keeping mine until i see the positive changes, but this kind of crap just forcing me to give a proper feedback.

Stop torturing players with unfun activities, please.

Pfilan
True Believer

Post by Pfilan » 26 Jan 2018, 14:32

плохое введение - Переработано три способности сбора

Camillabasse

Post by Camillabasse » 26 Jan 2018, 14:41

Im just wondering - how the f... am i supposed to gather those freaking herbs ?? Can anybody tell me ?? They appear, i click on them and just stands there hacking away and a freaking minigame pops up and no matter what i do in that game it says incorrect result and when i close the minigame - i havent got the herb i tried gathering ?

Dayradon

Post by Dayradon » 26 Jan 2018, 14:44

Not realistic for gathering plant fibre. Nice system for the others.

Losing interest steadily.

Return to News and Information