What is this garbage?

General discussion about Life is Feudal MMO and Life is Feudal: Your Own, The main section and backbone of the forums.

Tykune1987

What is this garbage?

Post by Tykune1987 » 19 Mar 2019, 05:49

So my previous finally ran out and now I am stuck with only being able to upgrade one skill at a time. So this leaves me with one question...

When did this game become pay to win?

Not only do I have to grind through slow leveling for each of my skills, which was still pretty acceptable to me, but being locked out to just one skill while premium members get to drain into two skills at the same time.. it's almost as if the devs want to kill their own game and leave it only for people who want to pay a subscription to progress on an even playing field. I only play one character and I dont see myself playing others, and as someone who wants to play to progress... all I do is get my experience up to full, wait several days for my experience to even drain out, then finally get meaningful play in again.

Its horrible, its a bad system, and it will only push players further away from the game. This has become nothing more than a pay to win game and I refuse to support such a system.

Whether it is greed or just plain lack of foresight, this game was made even worse in 0.2.0.

Monco

Re: What is this garbage?

Post by Monco » 20 Mar 2019, 11:22

It was expect to see more "pay to win / pay to heavily gain" systems with F2P. I'd say that the one you mentioned and the god's coins for outposts and monuments are legit P2W features and are very concerning.

The big problem is that we didn't actually get free to play but just a free "demo" for F2P players which is actually bad, it segregates them and it gives them absolutely no idea about what the "real game" is about and leaves the game with tons of bad reviews on steam.

Amrock

Re: What is this garbage?

Post by Amrock » 20 Mar 2019, 19:53

The main issue I see with god's coins support and outpost mechanics is about the ingame economy.
I dont know about the outpost output in quantity/quality, but it seems that guild can be close to self-sufficiency easly
(Guaranted regional mat?? What's a Shame!)

If guilds are not the main economic actors, who will be ?
  • Autarkic guilds outside protectorates, mostly powered by very few real players...
  • Solo players trying to be self-reliant inside, running pseudo-village within bunch of alt...
I dont see any mechanic going on this way badly.
Even war may not be enough to raise it.
Guilded and unguilded players need more incentive relationship to have some Life on this already crowled map!

At this time I only crossed one other solo character.
Most of people are just crushing the clock to maximize their HappyHour, working more than playing.

Return to General Discussion